**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

After the draft I am worried that the Jets did not appear to make a pigs ear of it for the first time in years

However all it might mean is that they may have a winning season

I'll gamble !!!! that they will be like Leicester City who finished the previous season (after being in relegation trouble) like a train then won the league the following season  😂

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

I know how those Cowboys fans felt after getting CeeDee in the Dynasty  draft at pick 8

:verysmug:

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This is well worth a watch. Warning though, do not eat prior or during...

I’m normally a bit squeamish, so after the first 5 minutes I thought about turning it off. I’m so glad I stuck with it, as I thought this was a fantastic watch. It’s just incredible that these doctors managed to save his leg after how bad it became.  He comes across as a really humble guy, so happy for him that he’s come this far. It was quite an emotional moment when he was getting interviewed near the end and he started to break down. His wife also comes across as a really nice person, as well as being absolutely stunning. I know it would be really hard for him not to play again after everything he’s been through, but I really hope he decides not too. I’m not sure that his leg would stand up to playing in the NFL again. 

Thanks for putting this up Liam, really enjoyed it👏

hmfc_liam06
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m normally a bit squeamish, so after the first 5 minutes I thought about turning it off. I’m so glad I stuck with it, as I thought this was a fantastic watch. It’s just incredible that these doctors managed to save his leg after how bad it became.  He comes across as a really humble guy, so happy for him that he’s come this far. It was quite an emotional moment when he was getting interviewed near the end and he started to break down. His wife also comes across as a really nice person, as well as being absolutely stunning. I know it would be really hard for him not to play again after everything he’s been through, but I really hope he decides not too. I’m not sure that his leg would stand up to playing in the NFL again. 

Thanks for putting this up Liam, really enjoyed it👏

The last clip of the leg is brutal, basically nothing left of the left side of his right calf. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The last clip of the leg is brutal, basically nothing left of the left side of his right calf. 

Looked like something in a butcher shop

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Video doesn't seem to be working now?

On a different subject, watched the Brian Banks film yesterday, somehow missed that entire story when he joined the falcons

hmfc_liam06
50 minutes ago, Ribble said:

On a different subject, watched the Brian Banks film yesterday, somehow missed that entire story when he joined the falcons

Looks like it has been taken down, it's called Project 11. Well worth having a look around for it.

luckyBatistuta
55 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I watched that on the plane going on holiday, thought it was a really good film. 

luckyBatistuta

Looked like something in a butcher shop

Hardly a surprise, but there will be no London games this year. I have my doubts about having any games at all, mind. 

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Peebo said:

Hardly a surprise, but there will be no London games this year. I have my doubts about having any games at all, mind. 

Same, going to be a long year with no NFL😞

15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Don Shula dies 🐬🙁

The greatest! A Legend!

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Same, going to be a long year with no NFL😞

America (well Trump) may well be stupid enough to allow games anyway

weststand93

Ain't posted in a long time, but can't see anyone else winning the Superbowl apart from the Bears. If you think differently give your head a wobble and put your money where your mouth it. 

30 minutes ago, weststand93 said:

Ain't posted in a long time, but can't see anyone else winning the Superbowl apart from the Bears. If you think differently give your head a wobble and put your money where your mouth it. 

Tell us more!

weststand93
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tell us more!

Not much more to tell. We've been shit for years. Something has to give.

1 minute ago, weststand93 said:

Not much more to tell. We've been shit for years. Something has to give.

Well if that's your basis, the Redskins must be a shoo in. :D

Edited by ri Alban

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, weststand93 said:

You think the Bears are a lock to win the Super Bowl this season? Ya hoor you'll be lucky not to finish bottom of the North :lol:

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, weststand93 said:

I was talking to a doctor last night about of the vast amount of alcohol being consumed during this lockdown, not good😞

2 hours ago, weststand93 said:

25 quid to charity of choice that anyone other than the bears will win the superbowl?

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

25 quid to charity of choice that anyone other than the bears will win the superbowl?

Honestly wouldn't even bet them to win the NFC North let alone the Super Bowl.

weststand93
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Make it £50000 and we have a deal.

luckyBatistuta

Wow, who did the Texans upset, their first four games

Chiefs (A)

Ravens (H)

Steelers (A)

Vikings (H)

10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Chiefs (A)

Ravens (H)

Steelers (A)

Vikings (H)

Just need a repeat of the regular season game from last season at Arrowhead to get us going. Easy! 

10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Chiefs (A)

Ravens (H)

Steelers (A)

Vikings (H)

Just need a repeat of the regular season game from last season at Arrowhead to get us going. Easy! 

More seriously, the schedule is tough. But that’s what happens when you win the division, so well used to it by now 👍🏻

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

More seriously, the schedule is tough. But that’s what happens when you win your division, so well used to it by now 👍🏻

I don’t fancy your chances, that’s seriously tough.

Not as used to it as Colts fans 👍🏻

No need to repeat yourself Peebo.

If it wasn’t for people repeating themselves, Kickback would be an empty place. 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I don’t fancy your chances, that’s seriously tough.

Not as used to it as Colts fans 👍🏻

Fair enough. In my defence, I’ve only been following it for the last decade. 

On 10/05/2020 at 23:22, Mort said:

What’s the current NFL chat then, I know overseas games are binned this year?

It's probably going to be more complex in the states than anywhere else with state by state decisions impacting if and when games go-ahead.

That said with every game televised anyway and ticket money a smaller % of overall income a decision to play behind closed doors might be easier for the NFL (there will of course be the same issues if/when a player gets infected and team has to quarantine)

New Rams kit for 2020 getting slaughtered, lots of comparisons to Best Buy/Ikea uniforms and the yellow to white gradient numbers look like a urine hydration test!

Just seen that the Rams have been given a $500m loan from the NFL so they can finish building the SoFi Stadium that's expected to cost $5bn to complete, more than double the original cost!

BigCGilmour

Watching documentary about Alex Smith and his leg injury on BT sport, 2 things strike me, 1. what a fcuk mess his leg was in and 2. his Mrs is smokin'

On 20/05/2020 at 12:52, Ribble said:

Just seen that the Rams have been given a $500m loan from the NFL so they can finish building the SoFi Stadium that's expected to cost $5bn to complete, more than double the original cost!

Kroenke can just take it from the Arsenal no transfers this summer fund...……….again 

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

Watching documentary about Alex Smith and his leg injury on BT sport, 2 things strike me, 1. what a fcuk mess his leg was in and 2. his Mrs is smokin'

Yeah it's definitely an awkward wan....💦

🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Well Drew Brees certainly isn’t making any new friends with his comments.... Malcolm Jenkins amongst others telling him to STFU!! 

• 2 weeks later...
luckyBatistuta

Deebo Samuel broke his foot on Tuesday

Edited by luckyBatistuta

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 20:04, luckyBatistuta said:

Chargers on Hard Knocks with the Rams

What's with Hawaii and their love of the Rams?