• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Cam Newton released, doesn't seem too happy about it either

Steelers have a tight end at last, Eric Ebron from the Colts

Edited by Ribble

• 4 weeks later...
J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

Gronk traded by the Pats to the Bucs for a 4th rnd pick to play with Brady again. 

Looks like Brady has become their GM as well as their QB. 

12 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Gronk traded by the Pats to the Bucs for a 4th rnd pick to play with Brady again. 

Possibly the least surprising “retirement” reversal of recent years. 

luckyBatistuta

Obviously the draft is going to be a little different this year, but I’m still going to stay up and watch it. As always, I’m really looking forward to it, anyone else going to be staying up late for it?

hmfc_liam06
8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Obviously the draft is going to be a little different this year, but I’m still going to stay up and watch it. As always, I’m really looking forward to it, anyone else going to be staying up late for it?

What time does the 1st pick ususally land at? I was considering staying up til the Lions pick.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What time does the 1st pick ususally land at? I was considering staying up til the Lions pick.

I think it’s 1am it all kicks off. You think the Lions will trade out their first pick? They’re sitting pretty there with a couple of teams desperate to get the QB they need. Could end up being a very good draft for the Lions if they don’t blow it.

hmfc_liam06
23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think it’s 1am it all kicks off. You think the Lions will trade out their first pick? They’re sitting pretty there with a couple of teams desperate to get the QB they need. Could end up being a very good draft for the Lions if they don’t blow it.

:lol: come on man, it's the Lions!

The talk is Dolphins from 5 to 3. We'll see.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol: come on man, it's the Lions!

The talk is Dolphins from 5 to 3. We'll see.

:rofl: was trying to keep your spirits up

All the talk recently is that the Dolphins will maybe take Herbert now, I still think they will take Tagovailoa. It’s definitely going to be an interesting start to this draft with a few needing QB’s. As a Colts fan though, not that much to get excited about in this draft.

hmfc_liam06
20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

All the talk recently is that the Dolphins will maybe take Herbert now, I still think they will take Tagovailoa. It’s definitely going to be an interesting start to this draft with a few needing QB’s. As a Colts fan though, not that much to get excited about in this draft.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it went QB QB QB tonight.

I could see the scenario where the Bengals take Burrows, Chargers/Patriots trade up for Tua and then the Dolpins panic and trade up for Herbert.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it went QB QB QB tonight.

I could see the scenario where the Bengals take Burrows, Chargers/Patriots trade up for Tua and then the Dolpins panic and trade up for Herbert.

I really can’t see the Pats trading up for a QB. I’ve read plenty good stuff about the progress Stidham has made, think they will ride with him and possibly pick someone up (maybe Jordan Love) if he falls to them. Redskins,Lions and Giants with loads of options. It would be hard to pass up on taking Chase Young, but if a team could get picks and still end up landing him, you can’t get a much better start to a draft.

30 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think the Herbert to Dolphins rumours are a smokescreen...or I hope they are! I like watching Oregon in the college game and I just don't see it with Herbert.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, PortyJambo said:

I think the Herbert to Dolphins rumours are a smokescreen...or I hope they are! I like watching Oregon in the college game and I just don't see it with Herbert.

Yup, as is the Giants saying they are looking at QB’s, aye right, but you’ve got to play the game. 

luckyBatistuta

For a wee bit fun, I’ll say the first 5 picks are...

1st...Bengals...Joe Burrow

2nd...Chargers (trade)…Tua Tagovailoa

3rd…Lions…Chase Young

4th…Giants…Jedrick Wills

5th…Dolphins…Justin Herbert

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As a steelers fan i don't have any need to tune in until tomorrow night as there's no danger we'll trade up and our 1st pick this year is @ 49 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

As a steelers fan i don't have any need to tune in until tomorrow night as there's no danger we'll trade up and our 1st pick this year is @ 49 

Not great, Colts don’t pick until 34 either😞 but still love watching it all unfold. Come on, give us your first 5 picks just for a bit of fun?

hmfc_liam06
28 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

For a wee bit fun, I’ll say the first 5 picks are...

2nd...Chargers (trade)…Tua Tagovailoa

3rd…Lions…Chase Young

4th…Giants…Jedrick Wills

I don't think that'll be far off to be honest. Simmons could go to the Giants though, may be my only change to that.

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not great, Colts don’t pick until 34 either😞 but still love watching it all unfold. Come on, give us your first 5 picks just for a bit of fun?

Bengals - Joe Burrow QB

Redskins - Chase Young Edge

Lions - Derrick Brown IDL

Giants - Isaiah Simmons LB

Dolphins - Jedrick Wills OT

luckyBatistuta
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't think that'll be far off to be honest. Simmons could go to the Giants though, may be my only change to that.

I could see that pick too, they have a need, but for me  the Giants really need to protect their franchise QB and Wills looks like the man. Just wish the Colts after picking Luck had the thought process to protect their QB, look how that played out😞

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Ribble said:

Bengals - Joe Burrow QB

Redskins - Chase Young Edge

Lions - Derrick Brown IDL

Giants - Isaiah Simmons LB

:arry:  no QB for the Dolphins

hmfc_liam06

2 / 3 / 5 picks could all be traded. I think the only 2 guaranteed not to are 1 and 4. Bengals are never passing up Burrows and Gettleman never trades back.

Of course, the opposite will now happen.

40 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

throw up team america GIF

1st Bengals, Joe Burrow

2nd Redskins, Chase Young

3rd Dolphins (trade), Tua Tagovailoa

4th Giants, Jedrick Wills

5th Lions (trade), Jeff Okudah

Edited by PortyJambo

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

1st Bengals, Joe Burrow

2nd Redskins, Chase Young

3rd Dolphins (Trade), Tua Tagovailoa

4th Giants, Jedrick Wills

5th Lions, Jeff Okudah

I’m not sure about that trade. The only reason for the Dolphins to trade with the Lions is if they’re 100% set on Tua and think the Chargers might bite. If the Chargers were that set on Tua, then I would have thought they would jump at 2 with the Redskins. If the Dolphins aren’t 100% then there is no need for a trade as the Giants won’t go QB and they would still be guaranteed Herbert if the Chargers jumped. All about opinions though🤷🏼‍♂️…I get all excited at this time of year:lol:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m not sure about that trade. The only reason for the Dolphins to trade with the Lions is if they’re 100% set on Tua and think the Chargers might bite. If the Chargers were that set on Tua, then I would have thought they would jump at 2 with the Redskins. If the Dolphins aren’t 100% then there is no need for a trade as the Giants won’t go QB and they would still be guaranteed Herbert if the Chargers jumped. All about opinions though🤷🏼‍♂️…I get all excited at this time of year:lol:

I just think the Chargers will be trying to trade with the  Lions, but the Dolphins have enough draft picks to beat them to the punch. Agreed that the Chargers could trade with the Redskins too, but again the Dolphins could trump them, and I think the cost of trading to #2 will be too much for both teams, especially if the Redskins really want Young.

Will be interesting to see what happens though, I'm sure this year even the media know less than usual as there won't have been the same social interactions that they would normally have with teams. I've seen people saying that we'll be shocked at the differences in the players that the media have ranked high compared to what the teams have.

I know what you mean about excited, even more so that this is the closest to live sports I've had in weeks/months/forever :lol:

Edited by PortyJambo

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:arry:  no QB for the Dolphins

Just got a feeling they won't risk Tua due to the hip injury and instead stick with Fitz this season, trade out Rosen for a 4th rd pick (probably to the Jags) and double down with 2 development QB's from Hurts, Eason or Fromm. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I just think the Chargers will be trying to trade with the  Lions, but the Dolphins have enough draft picks to beat them to the punch. Agreed that the Chargers could trade with the Redskins too, but again the Dolphins could trump them, and I think the cost of trading to #2 will be too much for both teams, especially if the Redskins really want Young.

Will be interesting to see what happens though, I'm sure this year even the media know less than usual as there won't have been the same social interactions that they would normally have with teams. I've seen people saying that we'll be shocked at the differences in the players that the media have ranked high compared to what the teams have.

I know what you mean about excited, even more so that this is the closest to live sports I've had in weeks/months/forever :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Just got a feeling they won't risk Tua due to the hip injury and instead stick with Fitz this season, trade out Rosen for a 4th rd pick (probably to the Jags) and double down with 2 development QB's from Hurts, Eason or Fromm. 

Popcorn and beer ready to go, going to be an interesting one😁

Everybody Loves Baz!

2nd...Redskins...Chase Young

3rd…Lions…Jeff Okudah/Simmons

4th…Giants…Wills/Mekhi Becton

5th…Chargers (trade)…Justin Herbert

6th... Dolphins....Tua

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Also don't rule us out taking an OT and passing on Young.

I honestly wouldn't put it past us :lolderwood:

Missed this, the life of a Lions fan😬🤣😂

luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

2nd...Redskins...Chase Young

3rd…Lions…Jeff Okudah/Simmons

4th…Giants…Wills/Mekhi Becton

5th…Chargers (trade)…Justin Herbert

6th... Dolphins....Tua

I couldn’t spell his last name type post😁😉

Everybody Loves Baz!
8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I couldn’t spell his last name type post😁😉

Correct :vrface:

hmfc_liam06
22 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Missed this, the life of a Lions fan😬🤣😂

Remember the time we passed on Donald for Ebron? :lol:

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Remember the time we passed on Donald for Ebron? :lol:

but you’re over it🤣

Late chat of the dolphins trying to trade up to get 3rd and 5th picks then giving up both for the bengals no1 pick!!!

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Late chat of the dolphins trying to trade up to get 3rd and 5th picks then giving up both for the bengals no1 pick!!!

That’s madness, too much imo

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Shut the **** up and get on with it :lol:

I’m really looking forward to your pick

and your reaction 😬

luckyBatistuta

Loads of social distancing in Chase Young’s house

How many folk were in there

Edited by luckyBatistuta