**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta

With all the guns floating around in America and all the folk getting shot on a daily basis, how the #### can someone not shoot that ####ing woman at Gillette stadium, who continuously screams at every ####ing play. I’m sick and tired of hearing her, every ####ing play:ahhhhhhh: She totally spoils the enjoyment of sitting back and watching the game. I can only imagine how horrendous it must be for those sitting near her in the stadium.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

59 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

With all the guns floating around in America and all the folk getting shot on a daily basis, how the #### can someone not shoot that ####ing woman at Gillette stadium, who continuously screams at every ####ing play. I’m sick and tired of hearing her, every ####ing play:ahhhhhhh: She totally spoils the enjoyment of sitting back and watching the game. I can only imagine how horrendous it must be for those sitting near her in the stadium.

She doesn't support Arsenal, anaw, does she?

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

She doesn't support Arsenal, anaw, does she?

Yeah, she’s another one. They should move the microphones away from the attention seekers.

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Waiting at Penn Station go go to Meadowlands.Cowboys fans everywhere.

Going to be weird shouting for a team in Green😀

It’s fine. Cowboys, and all their fans, are *****. 

willie wallace
16 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Waiting at Penn Station go go to Meadowlands.Cowboys fans everywhere.

Going to be weird shouting for a team in Green😀

.My first NFL game and what a fantastic experience  it was.

.Even though we were high up in the stadium corner we had a great view and with the big screens you don't miss much.

Lots of activities for the kids pre match and there were of families there.

The big surprise was the amount o Dallas fans there.I know they have fans every where and it was easy to get tickets but at the very least they had  between a quarter and a  third of the crowd.Maybe more.

Strange to see the fans together and getting on with each other.

A great day apart from the 13 dollar beers🙄

16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's some week in the dynasty @luckyBatistuta

I'm having a sh1temare in The Kickback bowl.  Will Fuller on my bench last week gets 43pts, this week Stefon Diggs on my bench gets 41!! 

5 minutes ago, Ross992 said:

I'm having a sh1temare in The Kickback bowl.  Will Fuller on my bench last week gets 43pts, this week Stefon Diggs on my bench gets 41!! 

Ouch!

I'm 3rd highest scorer in both redraft and dynasty. 0-2 for the week.

If Aaron Rodgers doesn't go out and score 11 over his projected then i'm set for win in the dynasty this week. 

It's almost annoying having such a big bench as it's every sodding week i'm getting 4/5 players getting double figures on the bench with another 3 or 4 not getting really high figures but still outscoring my starters.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

.My first NFL game and what a fantastic experience  it was.

.Even though we were high up in the stadium corner we had a great view and with the big screens you don't miss much.

Lots of activities for the kids pre match and there were of families there.

The big surprise was the amount o Dallas fans there.I know they have fans every where and it was easy to get tickets but at the very least they had  between a quarter and a  third of the crowd.Maybe more.

Strange to see the fans together and getting on with each other.

A great day apart from the 13 dollar beers🙄

If you were impressed by the number of Dallas fans, you'd have been overwhelmed by the sight of the Steeler equivalent at the Chargers "home" game, last night. 

3 hours ago, Ross992 said:

Yeah, thanks for that 😂

Moving to a rather glorious 5-1 record 😎

Here we go, 2 in a row... 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Absolutely raging this morning. One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen.

Agree that the officiating was awful. What I will say is I feel we deserved a bit of officiating luck ourselves as we've been on the wrong end of a lot over the last few years. Not excusing the horrendous officiating but feels nice to receive it for a change. 

luckyBatistuta
On 13/10/2019 at 21:36, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's some week in the dynasty @luckyBatistuta

Late to the party🙄 

I’m working on Sunday nights at the moment, so can’t start watching the games back until I finish my shift early Monday morning. It takes me a good couple of days to watch all the games back and all the while trying to avoid the scores. I’ve even got to change the screen size on the tv to stop me seeing the scores at the bottom.

Anyway, to your point, it’s brutal when your team puts in a good score that would win you most matches,yet you still lose, been on the receiving end of it a few times. It definitely was a decent little week for myself, whilst I picked up the win, every team in my division also lost.

Fizzing in the Kickabowl though. I keep looking at my team and thinking it looks decent, but the players who are meant to be my stars, keep letting me down. I only needed 4 points from Hockenson for the win and he couldn’t help me out (fear dropped an easy one in the endzone)

Edited by luckyBatistuta

13 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Agree that the officiating was awful. What I will say is I feel we deserved a bit of officiating luck ourselves as we've been on the wrong end of a lot over the last few years. Not excusing the horrendous officiating but feels nice to receive it for a change. 

:cornette:

You know those Old Firm fans who think one bad call against their team in a decade means "it all evens itself out"? That's you, that is.

The hometown bias which Green Bay receive again and again was - as with New England and Pittsburgh - already notorious even before last night's total scandal. What do Packers fans have to complain about? The Fail Mary... and that's it.

You know how bad it is? When those announcers blow smoke up A Rod's backside for the zillionth time by replaying the "Motown Miracle", they strangely neglect to mention that the game was - or should have been - already over. What kept it alive was a non-existent facemask, invented by the refs. Funny, sounds familiar...

No team in the NFL - probably no team in world sport - gets screwed as repeatedly and egregiously as the Lions. A Calvin Johnson catch ruled not a catch. A PI flag thrown in a playoff game which was then just picked up for zero reason. An illegal bat by the Seahawks inexplicably missed by the refs when Stevie Wonder could've seen it. And then last night, it wasn't just the two phantom face masks (in both of which, Packers' hands were all over Trey Flowers' face mask: it's fine if it's Green Bay doing it, apparently); or the ridiculous PI non-call; or the ridiculous overturning of a clear completion. It was things like this too:

EG5B6qwW4AAJ_8c.jpg

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve (!), THIRTEEN (!!) Packers on the field... and no call.

And it was things like this too:

fetch?id=1659435&d=1571154654

That's not a touchdown and isn't even close to being so. Refs' call? TOUCHDOWN PACKERS!

This was probably the worst officiated game I've ever seen in any sport in my life. Probably only Rangers 3-0 Hearts with Hearts reduced to 7 men by cheating, corrupt officials gets anywhere near it. And I'm sorry, but as a Packers fan, you don't get to come out with absolute nonsense about how unlucky your team often is. It's not. The NFL has long had its chosen, favoured franchises... and you're right up there in that list. Unlike the poor old Lions, victims of robbery on national TV yet again.

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

:cornette:

You know those Old Firm fans who think one bad call against their team in a decade means "it all evens itself out"? That's you, that is.

The hometown bias which Green Bay receive again and again was - as with New England and Pittsburgh - already notorious even before last night's total scandal. What do Packers fans have to complain about? The Fail Mary... and that's it.

You know how bad it is? When those announcers blow smoke up A Rod's backside for the zillionth time by replaying the "Motown Miracle", they strangely neglect to mention that the game was - or should have been - already over. What kept it alive was a non-existent facemask, invented by the refs. Funny, sounds familiar...

No team in the NFL - probably no team in world sport - gets screwed as repeatedly and egregiously as the Lions. A Calvin Johnson catch ruled not a catch. A PI flag thrown in a playoff game which was then just picked up for zero reason. An illegal bat by the Seahawks inexplicably missed by the refs when Stevie Wonder could've seen it. And then last night, it wasn't just the two phantom face masks (in both of which, Packers' hands were all over Trey Flowers' face mask: it's fine if it's Green Bay doing it, apparently); or the ridiculous PI non-call; or the ridiculous overturning of a clear completion. It was things like this too:

EG5B6qwW4AAJ_8c.jpg

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve (!), THIRTEEN (!!) Packers on the field... and no call.

And it was things like this too:

fetch?id=1659435&d=1571154654

That's not a touchdown and isn't even close to being so. Refs' call? TOUCHDOWN PACKERS!

This was probably the worst officiated game I've ever seen in any sport in my life. Probably only Rangers 3-0 Hearts with Hearts reduced to 7 men by cheating, corrupt officials gets anywhere near it. And I'm sorry, but as a Packers fan, you don't get to come out with absolute nonsense about how unlucky your team often is. It's not. The NFL has long had its chosen, favoured franchises... and you're right up there in that list. Unlike the poor old Lions, victims of robbery on national TV yet again.

Same auld Lions. Always cheated, never defeated.

:troll:

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Fizzing in the Kickabowl though. I keep looking at my team and thinking it looks decent, but the players who are meant to be my stars, keep letting me down. I only needed 4 points from Hockenson for the win and he couldn’t help me out (fear dropped an easy one in the endzone)

Not just the Lions the ref screwed over then haha should have been PI on that Hock TD.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

21 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

@shaun.lawson I was interested to see that the Packers have gained the most yards this season through penalties...

Doesn't surprise me at all. They're 5-1 and not very good. 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

I don't think I'd go as far as to say they're not very good. They have drastically improved their D and it does look formidable at times and they do look to have balanced their offense a bit too.

I do think there is very little between the Lions and Packers as the best team in the division though.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't think I'd go as far as to say they're not very good. They have drastically improved their D and it does look formidable at times and they do look to have balanced their offense a bit too.

I do think there is very little between the Lions and Packers as the best team in the division though.

I think Minnesota are. And the Lions are, probably, just about, still the worst of the four.

The idea that the Packers are, on a net basis, the victims of bad officiating is as laughable as it was to suggest the Replacement Refs were exponentially worse than the normal ones.

Some of the refereeing in the NFL is horrendous and there are some teams that consistently benefit. Nothing new, and nothing unique to the sport. 

On 15/10/2019 at 08:39, hmfc_liam06 said:

41 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yikes. Some response to a throwaway comment about how I feel we've had some poor decisions over the last few years. Suppose if I'm watching each Packers game and you're watching highlights, it's easy to miss. I won't excuse the officiating the other night, it was awful. But seems a bit bitter to suggest that everything goes the Packers way all the time, even just typing the name Clay Matthews should surely trigger some bad decisions that you remember. Also seems a bit silly to say the Packers aren't very good, when there's definitely a reasoned argument that the NFC North is the toughest division in football and there's been no cupcake wins over teams like the Dolphins, Redskins or Bengals (I still think that the Broncos could go on a wee run). Anyway, more than I wanted to type. If you need that chip on your shoulder then bash on, I'll not lose any sleep over the Lions game. 

37 minutes ago, Peebo said:

The idea that the Packers are, on a net basis, the victims of bad officiating is as laughable as it was to suggest the Replacement Refs were exponentially worse than the normal ones.

Some of the refereeing in the NFL is horrendous and there are some teams that consistently benefit. Nothing new, and nothing unique to the sport. 

👏

Sexton Hardcastle

The Rodgers MVP chat is awful.

Mcaffrey and Wilson streets ahead of anyone else at the moment. Watson Bringing up the rear.

luckyBatistuta
32 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Mcaffrey and Wilson streets ahead of anyone else at the moment. Watson Bringing up the rear.

What!!!…the guy who wanders around the field appearing like he really couldn’t care less a lot of the time, shouldn’t be in the running 🙀🙀🙀

It’s McCaffrey by a long distance at the moment for me. Wilson has been fantastic, but Mahomes has still thrown for the same amount of touchdowns as him, but 400 yards more. His rating is lower, but that’s because he’s been playing injured, yet still up there with Wilson.  Michael Thomas has been a model of consistency even after having to switch to being thrown to by a backup QB. He definitely deserves to be in any conversation, as does Chris Godwin, who’s being supplied by a DID QB.

8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The amount of bum sooking they give Rodgers is incredible. 

It's Wilson so far for me.

Love Rodgers to bits, maybe more than my own wife, but he wouldn't be in the top 10 MVP candidates at the moment. CMC for me, Wilson not far behind. 

Edited by Kendoll

4 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Ouch.

there goes Mahomes for several weeks. 

Knew that before even checking the game score etc. - checked my email first thing and had received a couple in the middle of the night showing Matt Moore (and another free agent current starter) being picked up then immediately offered to me. 🤣🤣🤣

Sexton Hardcastle
27 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Knew that before even checking the game score etc. - checked my email first thing and had received a couple in the middle of the night showing Matt Moore (and another free agent current starter) being picked up then immediately offered to me. 🤣🤣🤣

Is that in the kickback leagues?

Ridiculous players aren’t locked during games and even more ridiculous are some of the trades offers that come in those leagues.

5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Ridiculous players aren’t locked during games and even more ridiculous are some of the trades offers that come in those leagues.

Yes. Yes. And Yes. 

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Wait...you can deal players who are currently playing?? That's mental if so!

Sexton Hardcastle
33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wait...you can deal players who are currently playing?? That's mental if so!

So it seems. There’s been a few dubious decisions with both leagues and leaves you wondering why you bother playing if it’s just for ‘fun’.

31 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So it seems. There’s been a few dubious decisions with both leagues and leaves you wondering why you bother playing if it’s just for ‘fun’.

I'm hoping my leagues are a bit better 😂

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I ain’t complaining, as fair play to anyone who can be arsed being the commissioner. But some of the stuff leaves me quite amused and/or bemused. 

Favourite one for me is the ongoing grumbling about a lack of trading when a decision was made last year to effectively increase squads to 27 players which intuitively has the opposite effect. 

I have started just to ignore the piss take trade offers. 

3 hours ago, Peebo said:

I ain’t complaining, as fair play to anyone who can be arsed being the commissioner. But some of the stuff leaves me quite amused and/or bemused. 

Favourite one for me is the ongoing grumbling about a lack of trading when a decision was made last year to effectively increase squads to 27 players which intuitively has the opposite effect. 

I have started just to ignore the piss take trade offers. 

27? the kickback IDP has 50 haha

12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

27? the kickback IDP has 50 haha

I think that’s around normal of IDP dynasty league? My point is you couldn’t credibly moan about a lack of trading activity and also lead a move to add 4 taxi squad slots onto that.

44 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I think that’s around normal of IDP dynasty league? My point is you couldn’t credibly moan about a lack of trading activity and also lead a move to add 4 taxi squad slots onto that.

16 team league? 27 plus taxi squad is pretty big for offence only. Any IR slots? 25 is generally what I'd be looking at for an offense only league.

Re IDP 50 is definitely about right. Offense only you have 5 offensive positions. IDP adds another 5 so double the overall roster size is about right.

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

16 team league? 27 plus taxi squad is pretty big for offence only. Any IR slots? 25 is generally what I'd be looking at for an offense only league.

Re IDP 50 is definitely about right. Offense only you have 5 offensive positions. IDP adds another 5 so double the overall roster size is about right.

No it’s now only 12 team league. 25 + 2 taxi, which effectively equates to 27. At least 4 IR slots.

Nothing wrong with that. But if people want more trading, the intro of the taxi slots last season were certainly not going to help. 

10 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Some honking officiating in Indianapolis. 

Green Bay got another one as well, receiver was out of bounds but of course it was let go. Touch down.

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Green Bay got another one as well, receiver was out of bounds but of course it was let go. Touch down.

I thought it was pretty inconclusive and they were right to stick with call, Allison's one was defo out of bounds.

Sexton Hardcastle
14 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Not in the MVP running, apparently 😂

He was good today but the Oakland secondary is worthless.