**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Remind you of anyone?

600A7743-DD80-415C-AF11-25124E754F96.jpeg

Do you seriously believe he gave up $29 million to make $15 million?

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Wasn’t a pop at you, just your average UK fan. Harry Kane amongst them claiming he’s this massive patriot fan.

I didn’t take your post as a pop at me. Not at all. In order of love, its

Hearts

Bruins

Pats

Red Sox

I might have lucked out in fantasy with rookie pick Hollywood... currently scored more than my whole team!!! wish I'd actually picked him  rather than left him on bench 🤡

Few day 1 injuries so far, Foles out for rest of the game, Hill might not appear again today and mahomes just took a dull one!

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Great start for the Dolphins...0-21 after the first quarter 🙄🤣😢

42-10 at halftime. 🤣

What's the record win?

Pre-season results seemed decent as well.

🤬

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

42-10 at halftime. 🤣

What's the record win?

Pre-season results seemed decent as well.

🤬

Pre-season results are absolutely meaningless. 

3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Pre-season results are absolutely meaningless. 

Not really, look at Hearts. We were shite pre-season and we're still shite 🤣😐

I just thought things looked a bit more promising but looks like same old Dolphins.

34 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not really, look at Hearts. We were shite pre-season and we're still shite 🤣😐

I just thought things looked a bit more promising but looks like same old Dolphins.

You thought things were looking promising for the Dolphins? It seemed to me like they had given up on the 2019 season before it began. 

oh how I’ve missed watching red zone to be regularly reminded of every bad fantasy selection!

Logan Ryan on the bench and has racked up 27 points at cornerback so far ffs

Edited by Ribble

10 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Absolutely wonderful to see this display from the Browns.

And to see bell and the jets get beat

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

oh how I’ve missed watching red zone to be regularly reminded of every bad fantasy selection!

Logan Ryan on the bench and has racked up 27 points at cornerback so far ffs

Lamar Jackson for me. Almost 44 points.

Watching the red zone coverage and there seems to be an extraordinarily large number of penalty flags across the games.

Has there been a rule change or am I just paying a bit closer attention?

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Do you seriously believe he gave up $29 million to make $15 million?

I have no idea what he’s lost through this, and neither do you. He will also have known he would have a shot at a Super Bowl with them unlike with the Raiders. There are plenty dodgy dealings go on in the background  that none of us ever know about and the Patriots are the biggest cheats out there imo, so wouldn’t put anything past them. What I do know is that for a while now he’s been going out of his way to piss off the Raiders so much, that it’s appeared like he’s been trying to force their hand and release him. I knew as soon as they could possibly release him that he would become a Patriot, was an absolute nap.

J.T.F.Robertson
19 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I have no idea what he’s lost through this, and neither do you. He will also have known he would have a shot at a Super Bowl with them unlike with the Raiders. There are plenty dodgy dealings go on in the background  that none of us ever know about and the Patriots are the biggest cheats out there imo, so wouldn’t put anything past them. What I do know is that for a while now he’s been going out of his way to piss off the Raiders so much, that it’s appeared like he’s been trying to force their hand and release him. I knew as soon as they could possibly release him that he would become a Patriot, was an absolute nap.

They might be "cheats" but I'd willingly settle for us doing likewise if we could ever take them to the cleaners they way they're doing to us just now.

Just off one of the Steelers' boards as it's even worse than this effin place can be.

Twenty points down, ball at the one, and he elects to kick a FG. How many times do you expect to be that close Mike?

Craig and Mike, take a hike!

9 hours ago, Boof said:

Watching the red zone coverage and there seems to be an extraordinarily large number of penalty flags across the games.

Has there been a rule change or am I just paying a bit closer attention?

There are rule changes every season. I’ve no doubt an article will appear somewhere soon analysing the impact on number of penalties in the opening weekend. 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

There are rule changes every season. I’ve no doubt an article will appear somewhere soon analysing the impact on number of penalties in the opening weekend. 

The only rule change that I can really see increasing the number penalties given is the increased focus on offensive holding, i'd suspect that opening weekend always see's a higher number of penalties due to start of season enthusiasm 

13 hours ago, Peebo said:

You thought things were looking promising for the Dolphins? It seemed to me like they had given up on the 2019 season before it began. 

There's tanking, and there's Dolphins tanking, no half measures there! They look worse than an expansion team at the moment, and I'm not sure even getting the 1st overall pick next draft and all the other picks and money they have will be enough to get them back to respectability.

12 hours ago, Ribble said:

And to see bell and the jets get beat

I see Gase has already let the Jets know why the Dolphins fans wanted rid of him too..

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The only rule change that I can really see increasing the number penalties given is the increased focus on offensive holding, i'd suspect that opening weekend always see's a higher number of penalties due to start of season enthusiasm 

And thank you, too.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Coaches can now challenge offensive holding. Refs now know that getting it wrong isnt the end of the world so they'll be throwing more. They'll let the coaches risk losing a time out or leave it as is.

chuck berrys hairline

Anyone else think Ramsey's hit on Hill was intentional? Was certainly giving him some abuse afterwards

J.T.F.Robertson

Well, if ever there was an appropriate time for use of the word "chastening", last night qualifies and then some. I still have the beemer to back it up. They looked to be from a different planet.

As did we, btw. :(

luckyBatistuta

Patriots added an option year for Antonio Brown in 2020 at $20 million which becomes guaranteed if executed.

Now there is a shock, look at all that money Brown is losing. Have you read all the things Brown was doing at training, the guy was deliberately trying to get emptied by the Raiders...I wonder why🤔🤔🤔

Sexton Hardcastle

Gearing up for a long one tonight. Raiders game won’t finish until we’ll after six am. Thankfully a decent game in New Orleans will pass the time.

See the raiders also talked Doss around giving him a healthy bonus. Hopefully the kid can produce.

chuck berrys hairline

Surprised by how good the raiders were. Surely wasn't just me grimacing when the players were going down in the baseball part of the pitch. Just put me in mind of ash pitches 😅 the studs weren't even in the ground.

Sickener for the Texans but by *** does Watson take some punishment for his team he deserved the W last night. The defender Mericules (sp) for Texans was on fire last night

Edited by chuck berrys hairline