**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

I’ll bet his stats drop right off in games without Zeke. He’s not for me, but can’t blame the guy for trying to get as much as he can. The Cowboys are mad though, if they make him the highest paid QB imo. He’s not worth that money and if they did, how are they going to pay Elliott and Cooper. They have to tie up Elliott first, he is a true difference maker.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Fleaflicker.

But the official NFL leagues are probably best in terms of joining a random league, I'd imagine they have the market share.

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gillan should hopefully make the Browns roster with massive punts again last night.

Kitchens spoke well of him last night too. A 74yrd punt had the commentators going "wow" during the game. It was pretty accurate too. I think it was him that had a shit snap though which contributed to Siebert missing his 53yrd attempt which would've possibly put him ahead against Joseph in the kicker position had he got it.
Promising though for Gillan.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

AB gone rogue again. Sounds like Mayock and co very close to just cutting him.

Not surprised at all, man is an erse. Still think he is banging on and on about this helmet (not himself😂)  to detract from the real problem he has...his feet, think it’s worse than we are hearing.

Sexton Hardcastle

See there’s a new season of QB1 on Netflix.

Jake Fromm from the earlier season will probably be one of the top drafted QBs next year.

Sexton Hardcastle

24 hours until some competitive football.

Gators and the Huuricanes ko the college season and its on BT/Espn.

luckyBatistuta

Andrew Luck gone, retired from the NFL. Absolutely gutted at this news. A great guy and a great player. I really believe if it hadn’t been for all the injuries he’s had, he would easily have walked into Canton. Brissett starting QB now, but we will probably be looking at picking another up in the draft next year.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Andrew Luck gone, retired from the NFL. Absolutely gutted at this news. A great guy and a great player. I really believe if it hadn’t been for all the injuries he’s had, he would easily have walked into Canton. Brissett starting QB now, but we will probably be looking at picking another up in the draft next year.

Agreed! Had so much to offer the game and it's sad he's had to give up the fight..

A loss to not only the Colts but to the NFL.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Agreed! Had so much to offer the game and it's sad he's had to give up the fight..

A loss to not only the Colts but to the NFL.

Can’t remember what the last bombshell news as big as this in the NFL was. I’m still at work tonight, but driving around in total shock.

Sexton Hardcastle

So two teams now tanking for Tagovailoa and Lamar Miller looks done for the year. Some night in the south 

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Jeez, Colts fans are ****ing dicks.

https://twitter.com/RichNye13/status/1165445173909827584?s=19

Generally speaking, I found a large portion of US sports fans to be utter dicks. I mind one game when Matt Schaub was getting carted off with a clearly serious injury, and an extremely loud portion of Texans fans were cheering. 

Many are clueless, entitled and overly-bevvied bellends. 

Sexton Hardcastle
58 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Generally speaking, I found a large portion of US sports fans to be utter dicks. I mind one game when Matt Schaub was getting carted off with a clearly serious injury, and an extremely loud portion of Texans fans were cheering. 

Many are clueless, entitled and overly-bevvied bellends. 

Sounds very familiar.

My hundred pound season bet in tatters now. Colts went from evens to 5/1. 

Heres hoping Brissett does a Foles. 

😁 Good point! But to be honest, the arsehole levels are off the scale there even compared to many fans here. 

Hopefully your bet fails miserable. Even with Miller’s injury, this news (which cannot be entirely unexpected) about Luck makes me very confident about the Texans winning the division. Again. 

luckyBatistuta

Quite a lot of rumours circulating on Andrew Lucks mental health. The rumours are that he asked to step away for a period of time and  there is no injury, just not in a good place right now. Some saying that he asked to be placed on IR, but it was refused by Irsay. If any of this is found to be true, I really hope he can get himself sorted out and if that means that walking away from the game was what was needed, then well done to him for making such a difficult decision.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Sexton Hardcastle
13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Quite a lot of rumours circulating on Andrew Lucks mental health. The rumours are that he asked to step away for a period of time and  there is no injury, just not in a good place right now. Some saying that he asked to be placed on IR, but it was refused by Irsay. If any of this is found to be true, I really hope he can get himself sorted out and if that means that walking away from the game was what was needed, then well done to him for making such a difficult decision.

Mental or physical he should be praised for making the decision not to ruin his body for the entertainment of others.

Troy Aikman ripping into that Doug Gottileb was pleasing.

luckyBatistuta
24 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Mental or physical he should be praised for making the decision not to ruin his body for the entertainment of others.

Troy Aikman ripping into that Doug Gottileb was pleasing.

Yup, some of the stuff I’ve read online from some people is quite staggering, should be ashamed of themselves. I will still be wearing my Luck jersey on my holiday in the States this year, no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think it's pretty clear that his mental health has been affected. Some of the "takes" since he called it a day have been minging.

Still picked him up in another dynasty I'm in after his previous owner dropped him...you never know :lol:

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think it's pretty clear that his mental health has been affected. Some of the "takes" since he called it a day have been minging.

Still picked him up in another dynasty I'm in after his previous owner dropped him...you never know :lol:

Yup, did look like it in the press conference. The Colts are letting him keep his money, think they are thinking he might see things differently after maybe a year away from the game, he is only 29 after all. Gutted you mentioned the fantasy bit though, was hoping Sack City might drop him and I’d have been all over it.

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, did look like it in the press conference. The Colts are letting him keep his money, think they are thinking he might see things differently after maybe a year away from the game, he is only 29 after all. Gutted you mentioned the fantasy bit though, was hoping Sack City might drop him and I’d have been all over it.

Folk held on to Gordon long enough, a year on IR in the dynasty is worth it. It's a proper deep league too, 5 IR slots.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Folk held on to Gordon long enough, a year on IR in the dynasty is worth it. It's a proper deep league too, 5 IR slots.

5🙀

I held on to Gordon for a full year in our dynasty and then when he fekd up again, I thought he had to be done this time and binned him🤬

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

5🙀

I held on to Gordon for a full year in our dynasty and then when he fekd up again, I thought he had to be done this time and binned him🤬

Full IDP positions, 50 man rosters, 16 team league. DEEP!!

chuck berrys hairline
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Im still holding onto Dez after two years 👀🙄😂 just my luck that he's never mounted a comeback.....yet 😬

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Full IDP positions, 50 man rosters, 16 team league. DEEP!!

Never tried anything like that.

7 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Im still holding onto Dez after two years 👀🙄😂 just my luck that he's never mounted a comeback.....yet 😬

:lol:  what’s that coming over the hill...not Dez, that’s for sure:P

Bloody hell, how the heck do you have time to do anything else. Draft day must be a lot better with a league like that.

Haha work is 'flexible' :lol:

We just started that league up this summer, the start up draft was a loooong process. Looking forward to the rookie draft next year though, definitely going to be interesting. Everyone has glaring needs already. I mean my RB4 is Alfred Blue!

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We just started that league up this summer, the start up draft was a loooong process. Looking forward to the rookie draft next year though, definitely going to be interesting. Everyone has glaring needs already. I mean my RB4 is Alfred Blue!

:lol: Good luck with him 

:lol: Good luck with him 

The funny thing is everyone is in the same boat. Strong enough line ups but nothing behind it. Blue is my handcuff for Fournette...although Armstead looks to be the guy at the moment.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The funny thing is everyone is in the same boat. Strong enough line ups but nothing behind it. Blue is my handcuff for Fournette...although Armstead looks to be the guy at the moment.

Watched Armstead in preseason and wasn’t overly impressed, but Blue😬

Watched Armstead in preseason and wasn’t overly impressed, but Blue😬

I took a punt on Crockett from the Texans a while ago as well, he could well end up being a good bet in Houston.

Sexton Hardcastle
19 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Osweiler talking to the Colts 🤣🤣🤣

As a backup surely. Most backups are garbage.

6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Backups to a backup, in particular! 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Osweiler talking to the Colts 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

58 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Backups to a backup, in particular! 

Not that funny really, need someone to cover Brissett if he were to go down in the first two games, as Kelly (who could be decent if he screwed the nut) has a suspension. Who else could we get that has enough NFL experience that’s available. He’s shite, but he fills a gap and at least it’s not Kaepernick 😢

On 27/08/2019 at 14:06, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah looks like most folks starters are mostly projected double figures for week one, second you hit the bench it's like 2's and 3's :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah looks like most folks starters are mostly projected double figures for week one, second you hit the bench it's like 2's and 3's :lol:

Yeah starting line ups are strong on the most part. Bye weeks are gonna be interesting!

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah starting line ups are strong on the most part. Bye weeks are gonna be interesting!

quite a few rookies on the bench so probably explains the low projections for week one, folk may well find they have decent enough cover if they've hit on the right rookies

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

quite a few rookies on the bench so probably explains the low projections for week one, folk may well find they have decent enough cover if they've hit on the right rookies

Kinda the way it should be really. The draft next year is going to be really interesting. Will definitely see defensive players going high.

Sexton Hardcastle

Few college games tonight and then the real fun starts Saturday evening on espn.

And then finally the other kick off a week from now.