**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Peebo said:

If i was doing a similar thing for football, there would be a heavy Hearts bias in my responses...

I did have a bit myself, had 4 Colts. 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Is this Lucky's way of getting to know the QB/RB/WR we all love ahead of the Kickback draft? :lol:

Damn, rumbled😂

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Michael Thomas...5 year contract $100 million🙀🙀🙀

Incredible money, wonder if he’ll produce now he’s been paid...and is he going to be worth anywhere near that if Brees calls it a day.

Sexton Hardcastle
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Michael Thomas...5 year contract $100 million🙀🙀🙀

Incredible money, wonder if he’ll produce now he’s been paid...and is he going to be worth anywhere near that if Brees calls it a day.

Going to be toiling to pay Kamara when he no doubt holds out next camp and maintain a top 10 def.

Just waiting for Cooper to slide his numbers to the cowboys. That first rounder for him looks better by the day.

7 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

NFL team you love…Redskins

NFL team that you hate…Cowboys

NFL team you secretly like…Browns(Liked the Oilers)

Favourite All Time QB…Joe Montana or Joe Theismann

Favourite current QB…Phil Rivers

Favourite All Time WR…Art Monk

Favourite current WR…Hill

Favourite All Time RB…John Riggins

Favourite current RB…Gurley  

Favourite All Time player…Darrell Green 

Current NFL team that’s most overrated...Vikings

Current NFL team that’s most underrated…Browns

Other than your own teams, which stadium would you most like to visit...New Era field, in fact, them all.

Favourite College team…Notre Dame or Auburn

Sorry for the quote.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Going to be toiling to pay Kamara when he no doubt holds out next camp and maintain a top 10 def.

Just waiting for Cooper to slide his numbers to the cowboys. That first rounder for him looks better by the day.

Yup, not the best of moves long term for the Saints.

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Can’t wait for this :jiggy:

luckyBatistuta

The Los Angeles Rams signed Steven Jackson to a one-day contract so he could retire as a member of the team he played nine years for. Jackson hasn’t played an NFL snap since 2015, but the league doesn’t appear to know that.

The former running back tweeted on Thursday that he was selected to take a random drug test for the NFL after he signed his one-day contract.

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The Los Angeles Rams signed Steven Jackson to a one-day contract so he could retire as a member of the team he played nine years for. Jackson hasn’t played an NFL snap since 2015, but the league doesn’t appear to know that.

The former running back tweeted on Thursday that he was selected to take a random drug test for the NFL after he signed his one-day contract.

:facepalm:

Shows it is random, I guess!

luckyBatistuta
19 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Shows it is random, I guess!

It does, but would have thought someone would have realised it was pointless.

Just finished S4 of Last Chance U. Compelling (and often depressing) viewing as always. KD reminds me of Paul Pogba. 

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Antonio Brown foot injury is apparently frost bite!

Rumoured to be caused by not using appropriate protection in cryotherapy session as opposed to climinbimg Everest. 

Just read about this and came on to post the same

:wtf:

Sexton Hardcastle
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Mmm I think you might find that cut is all on him. 

He might have struggled turning up to class in last chance u. However, you can’t pull that shit in the nfl.

Don’t think it was about his application or conduct. The parts I’ve seen and bits I’ve read saying he was very committed. Comes down to ability and given he’s played at a lesser level and roster cuts it can’t be helped.

Be good for him to make a practice squad as seeing the follow ups for other guys from LCU they really do hit the end of the road.

Sexton Hardcastle
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Watched the first hard knocks. It was a bit more slow paced than I thought it was going to be.

A couple of decent speeches by Gruden and he clearly doesn’t like the new modern restrictions around training etc. I thought Carr comes across pretty well, though probably to be expected. 

Jonathan Abraham’s cracked me up and is ‘interesting’ character. Whilst him and Colin Ferrell horse riding was pretty funny.

i don’t think Ronald Ollie came across all that well, missing trainers appointment and commitment appearing to be questioned by coaches. 

Antonio Browns kids asking where Big Ben was and calling Derek Carr, derek Carter😂

Anyway as always a enjoyable show looking forward to next one

Just finished it as well. He seemed to do well at the mini camp but obviously the boy has it drilled into his head he’s always the underdog. UFA have to make such an impression to even make the first round of cuts and he was miles short so he can’t conplain. Ms Wagner be gutted with the boy.

Sexton Hardcastle
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

As you say tough gig for any ufa to make team or even practice squads. That’s why you need to do everything that’s is asked of you to the best of your ability. As Gruden said you don’t need talent to lead the league in effort/commitment, that’s just a personal choice. Something, for a multitude of reasons, a choice he didn’t seem to make

Outside Ollie what you make of it?

As always I got that optimistic feeling for season ahead, no doubt as usual that will quickly evaporate😒 Though undoubtably a much better team than las season, well on paper.

Abram seemed a little too cocky for a Rookie. Playing up for the cameras perhaps but could see JG wasn’t all that impressed with him hitting with no pads. Same with Carr and his behaviour at that restaurant.

Definite upgrades across the board this year but making the playoffs still a bit of an ask barring some big upsets. Happy to finally not have guys like Reggie Nelson on the books. Boy was either giving up 40 yard plays or flags. Also hope likes of Jospeh and Conley can kick on and build for the move next year. Carr could also have a massive year if the oline performs given the options at WR.

7-9 would still be a positive season.

tambothejambo

NFL team you love…Pittsburgh Steelers

NFL team that you hate…Toss of a coin ravens or browns

NFL team you secretly like…Bills 

Favourite All Time QB…Neil O’Donnell

Favourite current QB…Big Ben

Favourite All Time WR…Hines Ward

Favourite current WR…Ju Ju

Favourite All Time RB…Jerome Bettis

Favourite current RB…James Connor

Favourite All Time player…Jerome Bettis

Current NFL team that’s most overrated...Browns 

Current NFL team that’s most underrated…Pittsburgh Steelers

Other than your own teams, which stadium would you most like to visit...Browns for a divisional game v Steelers 

Favourite College team…Pittsburgh Panthers

5 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

NFL team you love…Pittsburgh Steelers

NFL team that you hate…Toss of a coin ravens or browns

NFL team you secretly like…Bills 

Favourite All Time QB…Neil O’Donnell

Favourite current QB…Big Ben

Favourite All Time WR…Hines Ward

Favourite current WR…Ju Ju

Favourite All Time RB…Jerome Bettis

Favourite current RB…James Connor

Favourite All Time player…Jerome Bettis

Current NFL team that’s most overrated...Browns 

Current NFL team that’s most underrated…Pittsburgh Steelers

Other than your own teams, which stadium would you most like to visit...Browns for a divisional game v Steelers 

Favourite College team…Pittsburgh Panthers

:D

tambothejambo
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Steelers "underrated" :lol:

Up there with the Packers as the most overrated for me.

Edited by tambothejambo

tambothejambo

The Steelers may well be underrated this year at 28/1 for super bowl 

Their not even favourites to win their division as the superstars from Cleveland who have yet to prove they are any good yet seem to be the pick of all the NFL pundits and bookmakers.

Agreed the packers are always overrated must be down to the Aaron Rodgers factor

hmfc_liam06
25 minutes ago, tambothejambo said:

Their not even favourites to win their division as the superstars from Cleveland who have yet to prove they are any good yet seem to be the pick of all the NFL pundits and bookmakers.

Agreed the packers are always overrated must be down to the Aaron Rodgers factor

Yeah maybe not so much this year but the last 3 or 4 years they've pretty much always been in the SB winner discussion. Vastly overrated.

Everybody Loves Baz!
19 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

Watched the Browns HORSE the Redskins last night in their 1st pre-season and you can see that this isn't hype.

They may not be proven, but they will win the division. Their offense is loaded, their Defence has been added to with nothing but pro bowlers and they've now got a good looking Special Teams.

They may even go as far as the Superbowl (I've got them at 16's) 

tambothejambo
9 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Watched the Browns HORSE the Redskins last night in their 1st pre-season and you can see that this isn't hype.

They may not be proven, but they will win the division. Their offense is loaded, their Defence has been added to with nothing but pro bowlers and they've now got a good looking Special Teams.

They may even go as far as the Superbowl (I've got them at 16's) 

They were impressive but it’s only preseason against a hapless redskins team

wait till the season starts before we officially crown them Super Bowl champs 😂

Everybody Loves Baz!
2 minutes ago, tambothejambo said:

They were impressive but it’s only preseason against a hapless redskins team

wait till the season starts before we officially crown them Super Bowl champs 😂

I get that mate. But they only certain 1st Team starters on an opening 2 min drill, no OBJ or Landry.

It's the strength and depth of their squad just now that is frightening. There's gonna be quite a few of those cut find NFL teams later that's for sure.

I've just been mighty impressed by them.

Colts next week should be good next week too, though I think this will be just a training game personally with very few 1st team in action.

Pre-season games are utterly meaningless in terms of results, and account for the worst sporting spectacles I’ve ever attended. 

I'm sure Pittsburgh are crying rivers at the news that Antonio Brown's foot injury that's kept him out for a few weeks so far is in fact due to him getting FROSTBITE in California*!

*Seemingly failed to wear appropriate footwear when he went into a cryotherapy tank

Everybody Loves Baz!
6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'm sure Pittsburgh are crying rivers at the news that Antonio Brown's foot injury that's kept him out for a few weeks so far is in fact due to him getting FROSTBITE in California*!

*Seemingly failed to wear appropriate footwear when he went into a cryotherapy tank

Mate, it also looks like he's not been listening to Medical advice and still doing training. Despite being told to rest and heal as best he can.

Feckin idiot.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

I'm sure Pittsburgh are crying three rivers at the news that Antonio Brown's foot injury that's kept him out for a few weeks so far is in fact due to him getting FROSTBITE in California*!

;)

Everybody Loves Baz!
22 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Callaway suspended for drug violation. What a huge shock that is 🙄

4 matches? Would this not be the incident that happened last season??

Gives a few others a help in making the team?

Sheehy who returned the punt for 86 yards last night may make a jump. 

Just updated to a separate incident.... idiot

Edited by Everybody Loves Baz!

1 minute ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

4 matches? Would this not be the incident that happened last season??

Gives a few others a help in making the team?

Sheehy who returned the punt for 86 yards last night may make a jump. 

Yes, stems from when he was arrested last season (which came after issues around the draft). 

Sexton Hardcastle

The Brown helmet issue is pretty fascinating. Always the drama with him and his fantasy value just fell massively.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Now reporting that Brown has said that he'll not play football again unless he gets to wear his old helmet! Per shefter. 

He is a helmet 

Sexton Hardcastle

The parts about him agreeing to wear a new helmet and him sneaking his old one in, re painted badly and being busted. Fascinating in my eyes anyway.

Sexton Hardcastle
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This might sound really stupid. how did he get a old style Raiders helmet? 

Thougn i I guess if your worth 500M or whatever you can get what you want.

I just want DC throwing to AB no dramas just TD’s 😢

i think he will be there on 1st game of season but I guess where AB goes drama goes. 

I thought he painted his own old helmet? Didn’t see the part about him sourcing an old raiders one. That would at least have been the right paint job.

A lot of it doesn’t even matter just now as he can’t even practice it can be sure HBO will get good figures this week.

luckyBatistuta

Maybe his feet are worse than we thought. He could be using this helmet excuse and retiring as a cover for the massive #### up he’s done with the cryo and he knows he is not going to be able to carry on, just a thought🤷🏼‍♂️

Everybody Loves Baz!
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maybe his feet are worse than we thought. He could be using this helmet excuse and retiring as a cover for the massive #### up he’s done with the cryo and he knows he is not going to be able to carry on, just a thought🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, the Raiders will be due him nowt if he's forced to retire, due to him injuring himself through his own stupidity.

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

Sexton Hardcastle
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

Seen that. Mental if they give him anything north of 30. Cooper is due his contract soon as well and one of the reasons the raiders traded him as he thinks he’ll get top WR money. 

Cant pay those two, Zeke and other high end players.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seen that. Mental if they give him anything north of 30. Cooper is due his contract soon as well and one of the reasons the raiders traded him as he thinks he’ll get top WR money. 

Cant pay those two, Zeke and other high end players.

Taking a chance giving Zeke his money, but if it was my money, I’d still be giving it to him before either of those two. He’s the engine that drives that team, Zak is average without him.

J.T.F.Robertson

Wonderful to see the loyalty these guys have to their organisations, much like the Chargers and Raiders give to their fans.

Makes me puke!

Antonio, Le'Veon kiss my ass! (still not bitter)

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

Seemingly this whole helmet debacle might have been predicted by the steelers and the inevitable circus/distraction may well have played a part in their decision to trade.

His helmet wasn't one of the banned models but as it's now 10 years old it can't be certified, something that the Raiders were unlikely to know before making the trade but the steelers could have been fully aware that 2018 was the last time he could wear that helmet!

Sexton Hardcastle
42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

Pro bowl nods these days are so misleading.

Average guys get called up with players pulling out for the Super Bowl or injuries etc.