• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Damn really wanted him next. Think raiders trade down quickly 

‘Think they will take Devin White

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

You happy with that?

Didn’t consider him at all and with others there to be had. Paid off 4 years ago taking Mack, hopefully he can be a good reach.

That’ll do me for the night and will hopefully wake to at last josh Jacobs. Enjoy it.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Didn’t consider him at all and with others there to be had. Paid off 4 years ago taking Mack, hopefully he can be a good reach.

That’ll do me for the night and will hopefully wake to at last josh Jacobs. Enjoy it.

:thumb: 

luckyBatistuta

Sat up all night, only for the Colts to trade away at 04.10am. A good trade for us, but not what you really want when you’ve given up your bed for it. 

Giants fans will be livid, taking a QB at 6, that they could easily have had with their 17th...mental.

luckyBatistuta

Colts have 3 picks tonight. Hoping for a decent OT, Jawaan Taylor still left and was ranked in the top 10, but dropped due to medical and weight issues, so not sure on him. Hopefully get (CB) Byron Murphy though.

hmfc_liam06

Hope to **** we've not done another Ebron/Donald by not taking Oliver when we had the chance.

A lot of top CB's left for the 2nd round, wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one. Rock Ya-Sin could well be there for us at 43.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hope to **** we've not done another Ebron/Donald by not taking Oliver when we had the chance.

A lot of top CB's left for the 2nd round, wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one. Rock Ya-Sin could well be there for us at 43.

He'll be there at 43 alright, can see him being late 3rd if not 4th round pick, not played enough football to warrant a higher round pick imho as he'll be at least a year or 2 before he's a starter and teams will be addressing immediate need before going for him.

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Ribble said:

He'll be there at 43 alright, can see him being late 3rd if not 4th round pick, not played enough football to warrant a higher round pick imho as he'll be at least a year or 2 before he's a starter and teams will be addressing immediate need before going for him.

Matt Miller has him going to Tampa at 39.

I'd be happy for us to trade back and take Winovich.

hmfc_liam06
On 26/04/2019 at 13:32, Ribble said:

Cracking insight Ribble :lol:

34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cracking insight Ribble :lol:

I honestly think that was way too high for someone who despite his physical attributes only has a year of football under his belt. Don’t doubt he’ll be a top player in a couple of years but I suppose with 4 Friday picks you can go high for him and still address immediate need 

luckyBatistuta

Loved Reggie Wayne noising up the Titans fans, but then Pat McAfee came out and stole the show....hilarious. 

Banogu looks a brilliant pick for us, well happy with him. 

Sexton Hardcastle

See Ollie Williams from LCU for a workout with the raiders and Dakota Allan was a seventh round pick for the rams. Good outcome for both. Ollie was some character.

Sexton Hardcastle
On 01/05/2019 at 09:26, Sexton Hardcastle said:

See Ollie Williams from LCU for a workout with the raiders and Dakota Allan was a seventh round pick for the rams. Good outcome for both. Ollie was some character.

Ollie now signed a raider. Excellent for the kid. So likeable and see Ms Wagner already sending him messages of support.

hmfc_liam06

After much planning I've finally booked my trip to the States.

Heading over for week 3, Eagles v Lions then down to Washington for Redskins v Bears.

Works out brilliant given I'm a Lion and my cousin is a Bear. Can't wait!!

luckyBatistuta
On 10/05/2019 at 22:41, hmfc_liam06 said:

Heading over for week 3, Eagles v Lions then down to Washington for Redskins v Bears.

Sounds a decent little trip Liam, hope you get the result, preferably Mr Golladay doing the damage ;)

Enjoy mate:thumb:

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sounds a decent little trip Liam, hope you get the result, preferably Mr Golladay doing the damage ;)

Enjoy mate:thumb:

Cheers man, should be ace.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cheers man, should be ace.

See if you can chuck a couple of pics up on here from inside the stadium if you’ve got time. Wouldn’t mind seeing the view you’ve got  :thumb:

On 10/05/2019 at 22:41, hmfc_liam06 said:

Should be good. Both great places to visit. I think the Eagles is meant to be one of the best venues for tailgating. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Should be good. Both great places to visit. I think the Eagles is meant to be one of the best venues for tailgating. 

Yeah really looking forward to it, delighted we've managed to work it so we both see our teams too.

Good news re tailgating. I've heard they're pretty hostile towards visiting fans? I'll probably avoid wearing any Lions gear and just play the random tourist card :lol:

10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah really looking forward to it, delighted we've managed to work it so we both see our teams too.

Good news re tailgating. I've heard they're pretty hostile towards visiting fans? I'll probably avoid wearing any Lions gear and just play the random tourist card :lol:

Based on my largely one-sided experience, I suggest you don’t strut around in the away team’s colours. At best, you’ll look like a complete penis. At worst, you’ll have a shite time. 

• 3 weeks later...
hmfc_liam06

If anyone has the fantasy itch, I've got a new league looking for owners. I had a Lions only league that had to fold so I've created a replacement league open to all.

It's an IDP dynasty, 46 man rosters, 16 man (hopefully) league. Should be a really good challenge, really deep league. Couple of Kickbackers in there with me and Ross.

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/295009

If anyone wants more info or a spot in the league, let me know.

hmfc_liam06
16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If anyone has the fantasy itch, I've got a new league looking for owners. I had a Lions only league that had to fold so I've created a replacement league open to all.

It's an IDP dynasty, 46 man rosters, 16 man (hopefully) league. Should be a really good challenge, really deep league. Couple of Kickbackers in there with me and Ross.

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/295009

If anyone wants more info or a spot in the league, let me know.

Still a couple of spaces left if anyone fancies it.

KineticBeat
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Still a couple of spaces left if anyone fancies it.

I'll take a team if one is still free

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, KineticBeat said:

I'll take a team if one is still free

That's you in!

Down to the last place if anyone wants to grab it?

25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's you in!

Down to the last place if anyone wants to grab it?

I'll take it if it's still going?

hmfc_liam06
44 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'll take it if it's still going?

Sure man. There's actually 2 spaces but I'm just waiting on a fellow Kickbacker taking one of the spots.

BigCGilmour

I'll give it a go if it still available. Would prefer arranging my own team. Thought I'd messaged u via other league game when rejecting trade...

Edited by BigCGilmour
Spellingcheck

hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

I'll give it a go if it still available. Would prefer arranging my own team. Thought I'd messaged u via other league game when rejecting trade...

I thought I'd emailed you the league invite. I've PMd you the link.

BigCGilmour

Cheers, just need to understand how game workshop now, few differences from other league... defensive scoring too!!! 

BigCGilmour

Been looking in to who I should draft... best draft strategy... struggling with rationale about who I should pick... anybody with prior knowledge willing to give me an idea? Why wouldn't I go for the top scorers regardless of position?

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

Been looking in to who I should draft... best draft strategy... struggling with rationale about who I should pick... anybody with prior knowledge willing to give me an idea? Why wouldn't I go for the top scorers regardless of position?

There is no real 'best' strategy to be honest.

Positionally, you've got to look at the points differential between the very top guys and the next level guys. If you look at QB for example, the difference between the top few and the next batch isn't really all that much, which is why some folk will wait on a QB, others will want to go grab Rodgers etc.

You'll also take into account injury rate, RBs are obviously more prone to injury than WRs so some may pass on a WR to stock up or handcuff RBs.

When it comes to defensive players, some will stock up on offense before they start looking at defense but then will miss out on guys like Donald etc. It's worth baring in mind, defensive players in my IDP's aren't an afterthought, the top defensive players will score on a par with top RBs/WRs so it really is wide open.

You'll also have guys who fill their starting line up before drafting depth vs guys who are really deep at some positions but then have weak starters at others. It's really what you feel is best.

I usually have an idea as to who I want (or what positions I want) in the first 3 or 4 rounds but then play it by ear by best available from there. Even then my initial 3/4 round strategy could go out the window by a player falling to me that I can't pass on. In a redraft league last year I went RB for the first 4 rounds purely because of guys falling. I won the league btw ?

hmfc_liam06
55 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Cheers mate, I’ve got a few earmarked but already as you say things have changed! 

16 team league as well so things will get pretty thin very quickly!

Walter Payton
21 minutes ago, Spok said:

anyone trying to get tickets this morning for the Tottenham games?

Yes, just in the Eticketing queue now. Really hoping that all the tickets aren't already taken by bots by the time my turn comes!

Got a final small segment to go but been there for nearly 20 mins 

The Bots have been a massive problem for NFL UK 

Walter Payton

Did you manage to get one?

I'm raging tbh. I'm in Vegas on holiday, but set the alarm for 1:55am so I could join the queue at 2am sharp (10am UK time). I had a final small segment to go for absolutely ages, but have now noticed on the NFL UK forum that posters are saying they're sold out now. It also seems from reading the forum that people who were joining the queue later or who were refreshing their web pages were getting through ahead of those who stayed in the queue!

Absolutely gutted tbh, I saw the ST as my best chance of seeing the Bears for the first time live. Of course, there's already loads up on Stubhub but it's a moral quandary as to whether to support the scalping industry.