**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta

OPI and DPI are now reviewable, including non calls. Still not going to get everything right. Hail Marys:o

Don’t get this at all. Sean Payton said he doesn’t want coaches just throwing challenges for anything inside the last 2 minutes. Would think they’ll all be at it?

Edited by luckyBatistuta

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sexton Hardcastle

Shame it looks like the end/death of the AAF even before the first season is finished.

Was something to fill the gap but running  costs/income obviously massively underestimated.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Shame it looks like the end/death of the AAF even before the first season is finished.

Was something to fill the gap but running  costs/income obviously massively underestimated.

The only way I see something like the AAF work is if the NFL fully endorse it and run it as a dev league.

Sexton Hardcastle

Those Jets uniforms are pretty awful. Amazing how they get these things so wrong with all the decent mocks that are always posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle

Cameo from Brady last night in Cardiff via Skype.

Edinburgh on Thursday should be good with the lineup. Was surreal bumping into Steve Smith on Lothian road last time.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Cameo from Brady last night in Cardiff via Skype.

Edinburgh on Thursday should be good with the lineup. Was surreal bumping into Steve Smith on Lothian road last time.

We met Kurt Warner and Peter King in the Beer Kitchen the time before.

Hoping the schedule is out this week, desperate to get my trip arranged!

Sexton Hardcastle
17 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We met Kurt Warner and Peter King in the Beer Kitchen the time before.

Hoping the schedule is out this week, desperate to get my trip arranged!

Tomorrow night for the schedule.

Sexton Hardcastle

Utterly rotten for the raiders with the difficulty of the schedule and the run of away games. Effectively 5 straight road games with London being ‘home game’. Not that it matters with the current roster.

Rather ****ed off myself, as the Texans Wembley game is the one ****ing weekend I can’t get to London. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Another decent night. Michael Irvin is some chap. Could spend hours listening to those boys and especially his patter.

hmfc_liam06
6 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Another decent night. Michael Irvin is some chap. Could spend hours listening to those boys and especially his patter.

Hope that pleb who went on stage and bottled doing a celebration dance isn't a poster on here :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hope that pleb who went on stage and bottled doing a celebration dance isn't a poster on here :lol:

Or the bloke in the ravens jersey who shouted for a catch and went right through his hands. 

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Or the bloke in the ravens jersey who shouted for a catch and went right through his hands. 

Aye...on numerous occasions.

I thought it was a good line up, good mix of guys. Loved Irvin poking at McGinest on the whole Brady or BB thing :lol:

willie wallace

Hi guys looking for a bit advice regarding tickets to go see a game in New York.

I will be there in October when the Jets play the Cowboys and was wondering what is the best way to get tickets.

I imagine there will be a big demand due to it being early in the season and because it is Dallas.

Also any info regarding prices would be much appreciated 

45 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Hi guys looking for a bit advice regarding tickets to go see a game in New York.

I will be there in October when the Jets play the Cowboys and was wondering what is the best way to get tickets.

I imagine there will be a big demand due to it being early in the season and because it is Dallas.

NFL Ticket Exchange - run by Ticketmaster. Expect prices to drop closer to the time, as the Jets are typically shite, and interest will wane, but even still you may be looking at somewhere around $100 (bit of a guess, as not sure if they officially sell out routinely). 

willie wallace
22 minutes ago, Peebo said:

NFL Ticket Exchange - run by Ticketmaster. Expect prices to drop closer to the time, as the Jets are typically shite, and interest will wane, but even still you may be looking at somewhere around $100 (bit of a guess, as not sure if they officially sell out routinely). 

Cheers for that Peebo. Not cheap but it's a one off chance to see a game over there so will probably take the hit and go see the famous Cowboys.

Pity it's not the Chiefs playing there?

21 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Cheers for that Peebo. Not cheap but it's a one off chance to see a game over there so will probably take the hit and go see the famous Cowboys.

Pity it's not the Chiefs playing there?

I might be out with the prices, but probably in that range. If you want to experience a proper NFL game atmosphere, do it. The London games inevitably aren’t the same. 

willie wallace
24 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I might be out with the prices, but probably in that range. If you want to experience a proper NFL game atmosphere, do it. The London games inevitably aren’t the same. 

Much rather see a game over there.

5 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Theres quite a few tickets available on the official website, start at $118

https://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets/single-game-tickets

27 minutes ago, babywhalo said:

Theres quite a few tickets available on the official website, start at $118

https://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets/single-game-tickets

Aye, it’s through NFL Ticket Exchange. The Jets website points you to that. Think it’s the same for single game sales for all teams, as it’s the NFL’s official resale channel. 

Who is all watching the draft?  Its always built up and so bloody slow as an event to watch....Gmen all the way

Sexton Hardcastle
12 hours ago, MrWWallace said:

Who is all watching the draft?  Its always built up and so bloody slow as an event to watch....Gmen all the way

Certainly going to put some money on Murray not to be no 1 pick. Might have some of Williams as he seems to be the best talent in the class. Made some good money last year when whispers of mayfield going no 1 came out and the UK bookies didn’t catch on.

Just hoping the raiders don’t do something raiders with their good first round picks.

13 hours ago, MrWWallace said:

Will be watching it all, as I usually do. Although struggle to pay full attention to it on the Saturday when they get down to players I've never heard of in the 6th/7th rounds!

It's a slow event to watch (preferred it previously when it wasn't over 3 days), but I still avidly watch to see who my team is going to draft...then spend time on Google trying to find out who they actually are. I then usually manage to convince myself we've drafted future HOFers, well at least for a few months until the actual action starts and reality sets in :lol:

hmfc_liam06
28 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Will be watching it all, as I usually do. Although struggle to pay full attention to it on the Saturday when they get down to players I've never heard of in the 6th/7th rounds!

It's a slow event to watch (preferred it previously when it wasn't over 3 days), but I still avidly watch to see who my team is going to draft...then spend time on Google trying to find out who they actually are. I then usually manage to convince myself we've drafted future HOFers, well at least for a few months until the actual action starts and reality sets in :lol:

Don't we all :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle
5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Certainly going to put some money on Murray not to be no 1 pick. Might have some of Williams as he seems to be the best talent in the class. Made some good money last year when whispers of mayfield going no 1 came out and the UK bookies didn’t catch on.

Just hoping the raiders don’t do something raiders with their good first round picks.

Price on Bosa starting to come on. 

Interesting trade with KC and Seattle. Seattle seem to have done well with it.

luckyBatistuta

It’s almost here, can’t wait. Finishing early from work to get myself planted in front of the box (beers in the fridge) Hope the Colts either take a WR or DT at pick 26. I’ve heard some folk say we should take an RB, but I hope to god we don’t. I can’t see this happening at all though, Ballard knows what he’s doing?

hmfc_liam06

What time do we reckon the first pick will drop? I'm going to try stay up for our pick at 8, although I've a feeling we drop back.

Sexton Hardcastle
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What time do we reckon the first pick will drop? I'm going to try stay up for our pick at 8, although I've a feeling we drop back.

Seem to remember it being after 1.30am last time and with ten mins a pick you’re looking at closer to 3am. 

Im going to get up at 1 and catch the first 4 unless the raiders trade down which now seems possible with the redskins.

luckyBatistuta
37 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Starts at 1am I think, so first pick might be about 1.30, like Sexton says. Going to be watching from 1-5am. It’s all typical American over the top stuff, but love the draft.

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

**** that, I'll find out when I wake up tomorrow morning :lol:

What’s your mob number Liam :devil2:

23 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Looks like Hill could now be finished with new evidence. Some evening!

Finished? Doubt it. Teams have been willing to employ self-confessed child-beating Adrian Peterson. 

Sexton Hardcastle
3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Finished? Doubt it. Teams have been willing to employ self-confessed child-beating Adrian Peterson. 

At least in KC. That audio is bad. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone during the draft. Some shit storm for the top brass to deal with today.

17 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

At least in KC. That audio is bad. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone during the draft. Some shit storm for the top brass to deal with today.

Shit man, it was widely acknowledged that Hill had already punched that baby while he was in his mother’s belly and the Chiefs still signed him! Absolutely laughable if they decide to take the morale high ground over child abuse now! 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Oliver

williams

white

to cash in the bet.

If they don’t trade down, I’d be going Williams next