• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Have they?

At this rate he’s going to retire or take a massive red face moment and sign for less than the Steelers offered him last year.

Apologies, guy who broke story confirming AB to raiders came out with it, still can’t believe Bell has missed a season to get a move to the jets haha

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Bell is some boy.

Sits out 2018 and loses £14m. Ends up on a worse team with a worse contract :lol:

Roger Goodell, get that man tested :lol: Is he going to be up for the fight there, he’s not going to enjoy not even making the playoffs.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Barkley is going to have like 500 plus touches next season. 

Certainly going to be plenty of stacked boxes now. Think he’ll also be playing with a new QB too. Maybe trade up, now they have extra picks.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Roger Goodell, get that man tested :lol: Is he going to be up for the fight there, he’s not going to enjoy not even making the playoffs.

I said at the time that teams won't view his actions lightly and it seems to have been the case.

His guaranteed money falls way short of Gurley's too. He's gambled and lost.

Watt-Zeefuik
12 hours ago, Peebo said:

Coral have them fifth favourite to win the super bowl now.

I personally reckon Beckham is more hassle than he’s worth. I doubt he will be thrilled about moving to Cleveland, and if the Browns don’t start well, he’ll pretty quickly become a malignant force in the changing room. 

I like Beckham. I think he's the kind of guy who, when he feels appreciated and supported, he'll run through brick walls for his teammates.

Cleveland's not the most glamorous city, to say the least, but Beckham might like a break from the Gotham media zoo. And there's no more football-mad city in the country, nor one that's as starved for a little bit of success on the gridiron. Now that Lebron has left town again, a decent Browns team could rule the city.

Free agency has been wild this year. Been waking up each morning like a kid opening his advent calendar to see who went where! Roll on the draft. Fantasy should be interesting this year too 

And Steelers sign a second Free Agent with a 2 year deal for WR Donte Moncrieff whose size should make him a decent deep threat.

Thats Steelers addressed 2 key positions that would have probably been featured high in the Draft for them, could give them the room they need to trade up in the first round  to get Bush at linebacker and if they trade up to get a second 1st round pick then I can see them also going for Josh Jacobs at RB 

Sexton Hardcastle

The Coleman signing one of the most underrated/bargains. Niners have a solid backfield if fully fit.

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty lenient all things considered. Had that been a joint he would be suspended for a season.

Fair news for his fantasy value though.

luckyBatistuta
On 14/03/2019 at 10:51, Ribble said:

And Steelers sign a second Free Agent with a 2 year deal for WR Donte Moncrieff whose size should make him a decent deep threat.

Thats Steelers addressed 2 key positions that would have probably been featured high in the Draft for them, could give them the room they need to trade up in the first round  to get Bush at linebacker and if they trade up to get a second 1st round pick then I can see them also going for Josh Jacobs at RB 

Could be proven wrong, but I don’t think you’ve addressed a key position with Moncrieff, never lived up to the hype imo

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hill now on bother. Allegedly hitting his son.

Sonlong to that record contract. 

Yet another a-hole. The wheels haven’t half come off the Chiefs in recent months. 

11 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hill now on bother. Allegedly hitting his son.

Sonlong to that record contract. 

What a surprising development!

Adrian Peterson got a season-long suspension for being a child-bearing scumbag, I think - and he says he still does it (i.e. hits his son with a belt). 

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yet another a-hole. The wheels haven’t half come off the Chiefs in recent months. 

In the case of Hill, they knew fine well that they were getting a dodgy wheel. Signed him anyway, and reaped the benefits. Look forward to their insincere statements of admonishment when he gets done for this. 

17 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Could be proven wrong, but I don’t think you’ve addressed a key position with Moncrieff, never lived up to the hype imo

He’ll come in as wr3 imho, stealers will draft another wr but Moncrieff means it won’t be till around the 4th round of the draft at the earliest. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

In the case of Hill, they knew fine well that they were getting a dodgy wheel. Signed him anyway, and reaped the benefits. Look forward to their insincere statements of admonishment when he gets done for this. 

Definitely, the guy is a despicable character. This after he had  already previously punched and choked the mother whilst she was pregnant. Let’s see if they release him and wash their hands of him like they did with Hunt, not happening imo.

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Definitely, the guy is a despicable character. This after he had  already previously punched and choked the mother whilst she was pregnant. Let’s see if they release him and wash their hands of him like they did with Hunt, not happening imo.

When they released Hunt, it was because he lied to them about what he did, not because of what he did. They knew what they were getting with Hill when they drafted him, so would be a pretty laughable decision to now release him when he acts true to form...but I expect they will. 

luckyBatistuta
48 minutes ago, Peebo said:

When they released Hunt, it was because he lied to them about what he did, not because of what he did. They knew what they were getting with Hill when they drafted him, so would be a pretty laughable decision to now release him when he acts true to form...but I expect they will. 

Right enough, forgot that was the actual reason they released him. It’s just going to be the same as the Hunt scenario if they do, there will be others willing to pick him up, purely because of his age and talent.

First time in ages as a Dolphins fan i’ve felt we might turn a corner. Dumping RT says rebuild. Last time we were here would be when passed on Brees and passed on Ryan. Had no confidence we could get back to the top table since then.

Browns look ready to explode , Bills might be dangerous. Hopefully the Chiefs bomb

Sexton Hardcastle
13 hours ago, sadj said:

First time in ages as a Dolphins fan i’ve felt we might turn a corner. Dumping RT says rebuild. Last time we were here would be when passed on Brees and passed on Ryan. Had no confidence we could get back to the top table since then.

Browns look ready to explode , Bills might be dangerous. Hopefully the Chiefs bomb

Pretty much says they are ready to tank and gamble on Tagovailoa being a good fit for them?

My Fleaflicker qbs are utter dreadful now. No 1 pick on Murray it will have to be.

This is a strange pre-season for us Steelers fans, used to not picking up anyone in Free Agency and now we've signed three!

Mike Barron, Linebacker (can also play safety) from the Rams now signing on a 2 year deal.

With additions for key gaps in the squad at WR, CB and LB/Safety it's starting to look like the Steelers are lining up to use their stockpile of picks to move up the first round of the draft and get into the top 10 overall for the first time since 2000!

J.T.F.Robertson
13 hours ago, Ribble said:

This is a strange pre-season for us Steelers fans, used to not picking up anyone in Free Agency and now we've signed three!

Mike Barron, Linebacker (can also play safety) from the Rams now signing on a 2 year deal.

With additions for key gaps in the squad at WR, CB and LB/Safety it's starting to look like the Steelers are lining up to use their stockpile of picks to move up the first round of the draft and get into the top 10 overall for the first time since 2000!

You have a lot more optimism than I do but hope you're justified in it. Losing the 2 "B"'s is huge and with Ben not getting any younger ...........

However if these guys can compensate for at least some of our defensive deficiencies (and they are many) then we can always hope. We're also overdue for the "downturn" every organisation has. (unless you're N.E. :mad:)

Cannie complain though I suppose. I know I've had a good run of it.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You have a lot more optimism than I do but hope you're justified in it. Losing the 2 "B"'s is huge and with Ben not getting any younger ...........

However if these guys can compensate for at least some of our defensive deficiencies (and they are many) then we can always hope. We're also overdue for the "downturn" every organisation has. (unless you're N.E. :mad:)

Wouldnt say optimistic but more hopeful!

Brown a huge loss but we did see signs of JuJu starting to be targeted more anyway and Bell? Meh, we lost him last year so less of an impact.

Really hoping that we are more of a team this season, a team greater than the sum of its parts if you will

8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Wouldnt say optimistic but more hopeful!

Brown a huge loss but we did see signs of JuJu starting to be targeted more anyway and Bell? Meh, we lost him last year so less of an impact.

Really hoping that we are more of a team this season, a team greater than the sum of its parts if you will

hmfc_liam06
12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Fitzmagic signs for the Dolphins.

I thought the Dolphin's had turned the corner? :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

titans - Mariota and Tannehil

Redskins - one legged Smith 

Bucs- Fitz

my current qb roster on the Fleaflicker league. Number one pick next year awaits again 

hmfc_liam06
10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

titans - Mariota and Tannehil

Redskins - one legged Smith 

Bucs- Fitz

my current qb roster on the Fleaflicker league. Number one pick next year awaits again 

Could be tempted into trading you Carr or Jackson....

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought the Dolphin's had turned the corner? :lol:

I think this will be a 'transitional' season.

Sexton Hardcastle
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Could be tempted into trading you Carr or Jackson....

I’ll send you an offer and see how apart we are

hmfc_liam06

Gents. I'm heading to a couple of games this season and was wondering about tailgate parties. Can you just rock up to the car park with a carry out and join in or is it some sort of paid thing? Do folk generally dismiss randoms/strangers?

Any advice is welcome :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Gents. I'm heading to a couple of games this season and was wondering about tailgate parties. Can you just rock up to the car park with a carry out and join in or is it some sort of paid thing? Do folk generally dismiss randoms/strangers?

I was in Miami last year for a couple of games and, yes, you can just turn up with a carry out and join in. You can tell which people are going to be more welcoming (everyone was friendly, but some are just friends/family having a drink at the back of a car), so we wandered around the tailgate area taking it all in, then got invited to join in with a pretty large group that were set up with their own bar at the back of a van and had a great time. We had a saltire (with the Dolphins logo in the middle of it) with us, which attracted a lot of attention and meant we didn't lack for offers of free drinks from everywhere :lol:. We gave them a bottle of whisky for their bar at the second game we were at, but they didn't want anything the first game and just said to help ourselves to beers from plastic bins full of ice. 

As my first trip stateside for a game, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but it's great experience and I would recommend anyone going to a game over there definitely takes in the tailgate before a game.

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I was in Miami last year for a couple of games and, yes, you can just turn up with a carry out and join in. You can tell which people are going to be more welcoming (everyone was friendly, but some are just friends/family having a drink at the back of a car), so we wandered around the tailgate area taking it all in, then got invited to join in with a pretty large group that were set up with their own bar at the back of a van and had a great time. We had a saltire (with the Dolphins logo in the middle of it) with us, which attracted a lot of attention and meant we didn't lack for offers of free drinks from everywhere :lol:. We gave them a bottle of whisky for their bar at the second game we were at, but they didn't want anything the first game and just said to help ourselves to beers from plastic bins full of ice. 

As my first trip stateside for a game, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but it's great experience and I would recommend anyone going to a game over there definitely takes in the tailgate before a game.

Sounds great. We were actually thinking of wearing kilts for the exact same reason you took the saltire :lol:

We'll likely be doing New York and one other, Sunday/Monday games. Schedule out in 4 weeks so will know for sure where and when we are going.

8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’ve tailgated at many Texans games. Just rock up with a carry out, stand about, get pished then you’ll have a good time. Lots of folk doing their own thing in their own parking space, then bigger more organised things which may be sponsored by a company etc where officially you may need an invite. Bud Light did one from time to time where anyone could enter then you got unlimited free peeve and food. Quite unbelievable. Also unusual. Go armed with bevvy, as you may well not be able to get any otherwise - free or bought. 

Edited by Peebo

hmfc_liam06
36 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I’ve tailgated at many Texans games. Just rock up with a carry out, stand about, get pished then you’ll have a good time. Lots of folk doing their own thing in their own parking space, then bigger more organised things which may be sponsored by a company etc where officially you may need an invite. Bud Light did one from time to time where anyone could enter then you got unlimited free peeve and food. Quite unbelievable. Also unusual. Go armed with bevvy, as you may well not be able to get any otherwise - free or bought. 

Cheers, seems my feeling of just rocking up was right. I done a bit of digging and it looks like there are some paid tailgates at Giants games, I assume this is the same throughout the NFL? I'll probably bypass them and just go with a crate of beer and get talking to folk.

42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cheers, seems my feeling of just rocking up was right. I done a bit of digging and it looks like there are some paid tailgates at Giants games, I assume this is the same throughout the NFL? I'll probably bypass them and just go with a crate of beer and get talking to folk.

Not sure how paid tailgates would work. Would depends on state and local bevvy laws, but typically you can’t just set up a bar for anyone to walk into. But then I’m puzzled by the Bud Light I mentioned, although no payment I guess. 

There are certainly areas areas you can go and drink at an outside bar at the Texans stadium. Not proper tailgating as beyond ticket entry point. Very cheap booze and entertainment though, so decent enough.

Only other games I’ve been at are in Austin and Nashville which have enough quality drinking places within walking distance that standing in a car park is not my preferred option. 

luckyBatistuta
22 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

My fleaflicker just confirmed no 1 pick 2020 draft.

Told ya, Cook gonna bomb too