**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

26 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Want to know more about this Daniel Young. 85 and still pumping.

That’s what I call a happy ending. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sexton Hardcastle

Anyone else get tickets for the Edinburgh NFL UK tour? Was decent last time and seems another solid lineup of players/pundits.

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Anyone else get tickets for the Edinburgh NFL UK tour? Was decent last time and seems another solid lineup of players/pundits.

yeah mate 

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Yep I'll be there.

Sexton Hardcastle

****ing snakes at ticketmaster signed me up for insurance on the tickets despite saying no to this. Sham of a company.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Brown going to the bills a disaster for a few fantasy teams.

Doesn't look likely to happen now.

I own him in a league but still...would be hilarious if he ended up there :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Doesn't look likely to happen now.

I own him in a league but still...would be hilarious if he ended up there :lol:

Swear those guys Schefter/Rapoport don’t sleep.

Sexton Hardcastle

something brewing again. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in silver and black come the morning. If so, hope they don’t blow these first rounders.

luckyBatistuta

Would have loved to have seen Mr Big Chest:facepalm: end up at the Bills, would have served him right. The guy would have had a queue around the block of GM’s wanting to chuck money at him...if he wasn’t such a ####head. Hopefully nobody wants to give him his payday.

hmfc_liam06

Raiders get Brown, have a ton of cap space and own 4 of the first 35 picks.

A lot of folk were questioning them after trading away Mack and Cooper but if they draft smart they could be very dangerous moving forward.

Sexton Hardcastle

Gives the long suffering fans a better shot at a decent last/second last season before the move. Think they will still play it safe in FA as they can’t go to Vegas and be 3-13. People would just give up on them.

Sexton Hardcastle
14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Raiders trading Osemele to the jets. A bit meh to it. Need to see what they get.

Think he’s a good player, I know performance dropped a bit this year but still upper level. It’s about his money I guess, plus I suspect they see  someone in the draft they like. They were linked with someone in a mock draft in the first recently (can’t remember but called this scenario out) so might make some sense. Save some 11M against cap for next season. 

Might be required as Derek Carr started following Bell on twitter and a bit heat picking up on bell to raiders. Not convinced but Bell with Lynch taking snaps could be interesting.

Raiders making moves it appears. 

Amyone got opinion on Kyler Murray and where he gets drafted?

It’s mental how his stock has changed so much in the past couple of weeks. Bosa was like 10/1 on to go first now Murray is 1/3. Seems harsh on Rosen if he gets traded out but everyone seems be taking this gamble on the Sean Mcvey style coaching.

Could see another similar draft like two years ago when all the qb needy teams went mental trading up. Certainly paid off for the Chiefs. 

13 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Amyone got opinion on Kyler Murray and where he gets drafted?

Would have loved to see my Dolphins draft him, but it appears now he's going to be beyond our reach. His size is a little concerning and, although I think it won't hinder him,  it seems to be his only weakness, as he's one exciting QB to watch. If he was over 6 feet,  he'd have been a locked in #1 pick since he declared for the draft.

On 06/03/2019 at 13:51, Sexton Hardcastle said:

****ing snakes at ticketmaster signed me up for insurance on the tickets despite saying no to this. Sham of a company.

also done this to me, had to call and cancel, got the money back 

Sexton Hardcastle
39 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Waiting on a response to me complaint.

Couple of days until FA madness. Interested to see if Bell joins Brown in Oakland. Could be a huge risk but anyone saying 12 months ago those two would be on your roster this year would have you doing kart wheels.

Sexton Hardcastle
39 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Couple of days until FA madness. Interested to see if Bell joins Brown in Oakland. Could be a huge risk but anyone saying 12 months ago those two would be on your roster this year would have you doing kart wheels.

43 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

i think he will go to the Jets 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Couple of castoffs. :whistling:

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lions and niners making early moves.

Really happy with our additions. 4 Very solid signings at positions we're desperate at. All young guys too.

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Really happy with our additions. 4 Very solid signings at positions we're desperate at. All young guys too.

Amendola...young, you been drinking Liam :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Would have liked to have picked up Landon Collins, but at that price, I’m glad Ballard passed, crazy money.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haha sorry, besides him :lol:

Was definitely a strong first day for the Lions. I’m still a bit meh about the Funchess signing for us. Hopefully it goes the same way as the Ebron signing last year and  he does have a better QB throwing him the ball now.

hmfc_liam06
58 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Was definitely a strong first day for the Lions. I’m still a bit meh about the Funchess signing for us. Hopefully it goes the same way as the Ebron signing last year and  he does have a better QB throwing him the ball now.

Yeah not convinced by him, there were defintely better options at WR out there.

Some aren't happy with the Amendola signing but I like it. He was a much cheaper option allowing us to make a splash with Flowers. We need someone in the slot and he's a reliable player. The Coleman signing doesn't seem to be too flashy but Seahawks fans seem really disappointed that he's gone, which is always a good sign.

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah not convinced by him, there were defintely better options at WR out there.

Some aren't happy with the Amendola signing but I like it. He was a much cheaper option allowing us to make a splash with Flowers. We need someone in the slot and he's a reliable player. The Coleman signing doesn't seem to be too flashy but Seahawks fans seem really disappointed that he's gone, which is always a good sign.

Got to admit, I was thinking you wouldn’t be happy at the Amendola signing. I think the Colts also went with the cheaper option with Funchess, as they aren’t prepared to pay Williams what he wants. Any fans would be happy with your Flowers move. I’ve been waiting to see if we might trade Brissett before the season starts.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Got to admit, I was thinking you wouldn’t be happy at the Amendola signing. I think the Colts also went with the cheaper option with Funchess, as they aren’t prepared to pay Williams what he wants. Any fans would be happy with your Flowers move. I’ve been waiting to see if we might trade Brissett before the season starts.

Nah I don't mind that signing one bit. Still think we'll draft a WR in the mid-rounds.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Hockenson at 8. The new Ebron :lol:

hmfc_liam06
30 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Another huge sighing for the jets. Can’t have much more cash for Bell?

Colts or Raiders. Apparently the Niners are in play for Bell too.

Was hoping we'd make a push for Mosley.

Sexton Hardcastle
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There was something about the raiders having plenty cap space but not actual money to sign so I think that is the issue.

So the colts really need him with Mack breaking out and on a cheap deal? Would certainly be some pairing if they got him.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nah I don't mind that signing one bit. Still think we'll draft a WR in the mid-rounds.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Hockenson at 8. The new Ebron :lol:

:lol: Enron’s numbers since he came in to the league are pretty impressive. Just got a decent QB chucking him the ball now;)

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Better not be the Colts

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Colts are out of the running.

? didn’t think Ballard would break the bank. It’s alright signing up all these free agents on big contracts, but you’ve also got to remember that you’re going to have to pay the top players coming through, when they’re looking for their payday. Like what we are doing at the moment. 

hmfc_liam06

Bell joins the Ravens.

Edit: Fabiano caught out by a fake account.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta
On 09/03/2019 at 08:44, hmfc_liam06 said:

Would have been pretty funny to see Brown end up at the Bills and Bell at the Jets :lol:

Nearly fell off my seat...and I’m driving  :lol:

That would be special though

Sexton Hardcastle
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Raiders get Bell

Have they?

At this rate he’s going to retire or take a massive red face moment and sign for less than the Steelers offered him last year.

Sexton Hardcastle

Seems he has a couple of hours to sign for the Jets or the offers off the table. 

Be smashing to to wake up to him in silver and black. 

luckyBatistuta

:vrwow::vrwow::vrwow:

OBJ to the Cleveland Browns...who saw that coming...1st round pick,3rd round pick and Peppers

Edited by luckyBatistuta

4 hours ago, Ugly American said:

LOL Gettleman

Browns have to an early favorite to make the playoffs at this point.

Coral have them fifth favourite to win the super bowl now.

I personally reckon Beckham is more hassle than he’s worth. I doubt he will be thrilled about moving to Cleveland, and if the Browns don’t start well, he’ll pretty quickly become a malignant force in the changing room.