**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Placid Casual

Just watched the game. As a spectacle, it was very disappointing. Expected the Rams offence to adjust effectively at some point, but it didn’t happen.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Rams players were like rabbits caught in headlights.

It's not what the Pats done, it's what the Rams didn't do.

Experience won in the end

The Pats deserve enormous credit for how they nullified the Rams.

Saying it was all down to the Rams not showing up is just wrong.

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Spot on Liam, Pats defense were exceptional on the night, the best team won. The score might suggest it was a close game, but the Pats controlled that game from start to finish. Never at any point thought the Rams were getting back in to it.

32 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Spot on Liam, Pats defense were exceptional on the night, the best team won. The score might suggest it was a close game, but the Pats controlled that game from start to finish. Never at any point thought the Rams were getting back in to it.

It was a defensive masterclass from BB/Pats (although he did get a lot of ideas from how Patricia set the Lions up v the Rams earlier in the season as BB admitted :lol:).

I mean, I know folk don't like the Patriots but to say it was down to the Rams offense being poor is just nonsense.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Of course they do but I just think the Rams made it easy for them.

The Pats D have probably not had an easier game all season

Goff shat himself

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Parade tomorrow. 60 degrees.

Sorry trying to post a photo.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It was a defensive masterclass from BB/Pats (although he did get a lot of ideas from how Patricia set the Lions up v the Rams earlier in the season as BB admitted :lol:).

I mean, I know folk don't like the Patriots but to say it was down to the Rams offense being poor is just nonsense.

It's easy to say it was a defensive masterclass when it was a low scoring game and both offences were misfiring.

Was there just one turnover each? I can't remember as I was watching with one eye open trying to  stay awake :D

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's easy to say it was a defensive masterclass when it was a low scoring game and both offences were misfiring.

Was there just one turnover each? I can't remember as I was watching with one eye open trying to  stay awake :D

It was though, you don’t have to have loads of sacks or interceptions. Nobody to get open and they contained Goff. He had a nightmare, because they gave him nothing. The only thing I could say against the Rams is that they were too one dimensional. I hate the Pats, but their defense was immense.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It was though, you don’t have to have loads of sacks or interceptions. Nobody to get open and they contained Goff. He had a nightmare, because they gave him nothing. The only thing I could say against the Rams is that they were too one dimensional. I hate the Pats, but their defense was immense.

My pet hamster could've contained Goff :D

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They sacked Goff 4 times, hit him 12.

Intercepted him once, forced another fumble.

Forced 8 punts in the first 8 drives.

Allowed 3 points to a team who averaged nearly 33 points per game all season.

They completely nullified the Rams play action, the main focal point of their offense.

The Patriots played more man coverage all season than any other team, what do they do in the Super Bow? Switch to zone and it threw the Rams.

If the Rams were off it was because the Patriots made them have an off night. McVay (the supposed offensive guru) was completely out-coached and Goff out-played.

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They completely nullified the Rams play action, the main focal point of their offense.

The Patriots played more man coverage all season than any other team, what do they do in the Super Bow? Switch to zone and it threw the Rams.

If the Rams were off it was because the Patriots made them have an off night. McVay (the supposed offensive guru) was completely out-coached and Goff out-played.

Completely agree about McVay and Goff. I think the occasion got to them big style

luckyBatistuta

Good post again. I think you said it already, but folk need to look beyond their hate for the Pats and give credit where it’s due.

Not much to look at and, at this level small margins are everything. Th 2 times the Rams had the ball in the end zone great defence shut em out. The fact that it was only the 2 times says everything. Still worth watching IMO

Sexton Hardcastle

Decent day out before the game. Always find it hilarious the idiots who moan when the Super Bowl is on and broadcast how much they hate the sport. Very good, don’t watch it then.

We have probably been spoiled in recent years with some cracking games, catches, comebacks etc so here’s hoping next year is back to normal.

luckyBatistuta
45 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Decent day out before the game. Always find it hilarious the idiots who moan when the Super Bowl is on and broadcast how much they hate the sport. Very good, don’t watch it then.

We have probably been spoiled in recent years with some cracking games, catches, comebacks etc so here’s hoping next year is back to normal.

It’s also hilarious how many folk moan about all the rules changes, hits, interference, etc, which make the game higher scoring, yet they then moan about how boring games are when the scores are low. 

57 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Our very own Stephen Elliott being one.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Tom Brady doing ?? - ☝?all over the place during today’s parade.

Poor poor #!bs. It’ll never end.

Slide 1 of 23: New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (12) waves to the crowd and shows the number six with his hands during the Super Bowl LIII championship parade through downtown Boston on February 5, 2019.

Absolutely despise Brady and the Patriots, one of my least favorite dynasties of all time, but those denying their greatness will just sound bitter right now. I truly did not think they had it in them, and I'm not sure they could have beat the Saints (who by all rights should have been there), but it's kind of like the Hibs whining about the Kujabi pen. Even if you grant them that it wasn't a penalty (and it was), he still gets a red and the score is still at least 4-1.

Even if you take away two of the Pats' Super Bowls (and refs make mistakes in every game, and very few are as egregious as the pass interference no-call in the Rams-Saints game), the 9 appearances alone and 4 wins are insane.

Congrats, you wretched ****ers from the most obnoxious city in the country. Hope your champaign gives you migraines. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Boston Jambo said:

Edelman and the boys at Boston Garden after the parade onTue.

ed.jpg

City of Champions. Never gets old. One for all and all for one.

21 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

City of Champions. Never gets old. One for all and all for one.

I think Vegas just made the Patriots favorites to win the Stanley Cup.?

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That hit in the San Diego/Antonio game was worth it alone.

Outrageous hit, imagine the size of the fine if that were the NFL!

Sexton Hardcastle

Murray declares for the NFL. Interesting to see if a qb needy team take a gamble on him earlier or not. Certainly bad news for the Oakland A’s who massively miss out.

15 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

And hunt signs in Cleveland.

A bit of a stunner that one. Not sure they even need him, Chubb looks an excellent player.

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A bit of a stunner that one. Not sure they even need him, Chubb looks an excellent player.

Dorsey has a track record of not caring for DV charges/allegations.

luckyBatistuta
18 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hating that outcome. Wanted the Colts to pick him up, plus I’ve got Hunt and Chubb in my fantasy team. Same as you though, I just don’t get this one. Chubb was looking like a great 3 down back, so not sure what they’ve got planned. They’ve got Duke Johnson too?

Edited by luckyBatistuta

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hating that outcome. Wanted the Colts to pick him up, plus I’ve got Hunt and Chubb in my fantasy team. Same as you though, I just don’t get this one. Chubb was looking like a great 3 down back, so not sure what they’ve got planned. They’ve got Duke Johnson too?

Worth remembering that Chubb is a running back, and thus there’s a good chance his career will be over by the time Hunt’s suspension (or maybe even the NFL suspension) is! 

On 11/02/2019 at 19:22, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Dorsey has a track record of not caring for DV charges/allegations.

This wasn’t even domestic violence. He (apparently) didn’t even know the girl’s name!

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Worth remembering that Chubb is a running back, and thus there’s a good chance his career will be over by the time Hunt’s suspension (or maybe even the NFL suspension) is! 

:lol: Out of interest, how long do you think he will be suspended?

18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol: Out of interest, how long do you think he will be suspended?

Absolutely no idea. I’d never try to second guess the NFL’s disciplinary procedure which is even worse than the SFA’s Compliance Officer system! 

Just noticed i typed “suspension” twice in previous post - I meant the NFL investigation. 

Edited by Peebo

Does anyone play Madden 19? 

Recently bought it and the number of glitches is incredible. Mostly around the commentary.

Anyone else experienced this?

Sexton Hardcastle
21 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Does anyone play Madden 19? 

Recently bought it and the number of glitches is incredible. Mostly around the commentary.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yeah got it. Had the last several years and the changes are not that much to be honest. Is it ps or Xbox?

Ive got a spare copy of 19 I got for Xmas I’ve been meaning to sell. 20 quid if anyone is keen?

11 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Yeah got it. Had the last several years and the changes are not that much to be honest. Is it ps or Xbox?

Ive got a spare copy of 19 I got for Xmas I’ve been meaning to sell. 20 quid if anyone is keen?

The game itself is brilliant but the bugs are horrendous.

There was last night. I turned over the opposition, scored a TD and then missed the 2pt. The commentators are going on about how great their D played in not giving up any points despite the turnover :lol:

I've loads of similar examples. One pearler was when they said how much my RB was struggling to get going. He was over 100 yards on 15 carries :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

The game itself is brilliant but the bugs are horrendous.

There was last night. I turned over the opposition, scored a TD and then missed the 2pt. The commentators are going on about how great their D played in not giving up any points despite the turnover :lol:

I've loads of similar examples. One pearler was when they said how much my RB was struggling to get going. He was over 100 yards on 15 carries :lol:

The commentary is usually the same recycled shit year after year. It did used to give updates from previous weeks if AB had a monster game, would mention it which was pretty decent.

Got quite into the ultimate team and the draft version. Good but difficult picking various positions to have balance and get the best player in each round. If it is PlayStation and want a game give a shout.

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The commentary is usually the same recycled shit year after year. It did used to give updates from previous weeks if AB had a monster game, would mention it which was pretty decent.

Got quite into the ultimate team and the draft version. Good but difficult picking various positions to have balance and get the best player in each round. If it is PlayStation and want a game give a shout.

I'm on Xbox but considering trying to get a swap with someone as most of my mates now have the PS.

Sexton Hardcastle
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm on Xbox but considering trying to get a swap with someone as most of my mates now have the PS.

If you do and want the game let me know. Will fire it on eBay otherwise.