• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

4 minutes ago, Gards said:

Come On The Pats!  Feck all the haters!!!  GOAT

Looks like a goat, with those nashers. Cheaters!!!!!!!!

The young apprentice gets slain by the Master.

You want my crown kid?

I'm not done yet !

Edited by Boston Jambo

alwaysthereinspirit
17 minutes ago, Gards said:

Come On The Pats!  Feck all the haters!!!  GOAT

8 minutes ago, Boston Jambo said:

You want my crown kid?

I'm not done yet !

How lucky are we? 

9th Super Bowl for Brady. Crazy awesome.

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

How lucky are we? 

9th Super Bowl for Brady. Crazy awesome.

Goat pulverised by the Rams. A massacre. It must be horrible losing so many Superbowls.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Goat pulverised by the Rams. A massacre. It must be horrible losing so many Superbowls.

Or win so many,,,,GIRFUY

Nice to see the greatest team/franchise of all time make it to another Superbowl.  Let's also not forget they have won ANOTHER AFC championship which is no small feat.  Hopefully everyone is behind us and wants us to win another SB for New England,

Thanks for all your well wishes.

J.T.F.Robertson
45 minutes ago, Boston Jambo said:

You want my crown kid?

I'm not done yet !

Spot on! How he was able to continue after that "roughing the passer" call in the fourth quarter defies belief. :whistling:

luckyBatistuta

Should be a Saints v Chiefs Super Bowl, shocking officiating. How they never saw that as pass interference, I’ll never know. It could have even been a 15 yard penalty for hitting a defenceless player. The Patriots, where do you start. We sat disagreeing over whether Edelman touched it or not, but we couldn’t agree. I didn’t think he did, but how can you overturn it, when there is no way you can 100% say that he never (but shock, Pats get the decision) Then the Chiefs are leading and the Pats aren’t moving the ball and...wait, someone’s entered the airspace of the untouchable Tom Brady...15 yard penalty, there you go Tom ;);)  It’s a joke, that’s the point where the game turned back in favour of the Patriots. If the Chiefs had got the ball there, already leading, they could have milked the clock, possibly extended their at the same time and been off to Atlanta...but it’s the Patriots.

And they say cheats never win, well that’s a load of b0llocks.

Come on the Rams, get them back for cheating you out of your last Super Bowl appearance.

luckyBatistuta
46 minutes ago, Gards said:

Nice to see the greatest team/franchise of all time make it to another Superbowl.  Let's also not forget they have won ANOTHER AFC championship which is no small feat.  Hopefully everyone is behind us and wants us to win another SB for New England,

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Got to be in it to win it, but when you’ve got the easiest division in the NFL, then you’re gonna be in it. As for your well wishes, I wish the Pats get well and truly slaughtered ;)

37 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Spot on! How he was able to continue after that "roughing the passer" call in the fourth quarter defies belief. :whistling:

Come on now, it was a full on assault on Brady there. They should throw the book at him for that tackle, could have taken Brady’s head clean off.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

NFL overtime rule is the worst rule in all of sport.So disappointed Chiefs didn't make it.

It would have been great to see two great young QB’s going at it in the Super Bowl, but sadly it wasn’t to be. I just hope the Chiefs don’t go the same way the Falcons have after having their offensive juggernaut stopped. 

Sexton Hardcastle
18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What a horrible Super Bowl!

Bit  over the top! 

Im always intrigued as to when ‘pats fans’ got onboard the bandwagon. Fair enough if you’re long term but jumping on a winning team must be boring as hell. Like supporting Man U, Real Madrid etc.

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Bit  over the top! 

Im always intrigued as to when ‘pats fans’ got onboard the bandwagon. Fair enough if you’re long term but jumping on a winning team must be boring as hell. Like supporting Man U, Real Madrid etc.

Probably, just can't stand either side.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Bit  over the top! 

Image may contain: 1 person, meme and text

4 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Bit  over the top! 

Moved to New England (Boston) in 2005, so they were always going to be the only team I'd support....along with Red Sox, Revolution and Bruins (Never the Celtics!).

alwaysthereinspirit
56 minutes ago, Gards said:

Moved to New England (Boston) in 2005, so they were always going to be the only team I'd support....along with Red Sox, Revolution and Bruins (Never the Celtics!).

32 years for me here in Boston. I remember when home games were blacked out on local TV because only 20,000 tickets had sold. You could show up on game day and buy a ticket. I also own nothing related to the Celtics. I'm just fine with green crap thank you very much.

This will be a long 2 weeks.

They hate us cause they ain’t us.:jambobanana:

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

chuck berrys hairline

Guess I was the only one that had a rams pat's double ? I don't get the hate for Brady but then my college team is Michigan! I think it's remarkable they made it this year. With no efficient running game and no star WR duo, everyone done their job. Heads saying Rams but hearts saying Pat's for the SB

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Guess I was the only one that had a rams pat's double ? I don't get the hate for Brady but then my college team is Michigan! I think it's remarkable they made it this year. With no efficient running game and no star WR duo, everyone done their job. Heads saying Rams but hearts saying Pat's for the SB

Once Gordon left they used the last 2 regular season games to get the running game up to scratch. The bye week gave them time to tweak it and last week the Chargers were lost. Last night was just pure Patriot football. Mahomes (is great) saw defensive formations he's never seen before. They change everything you think you'll see just for the play offs. Super Bowl will have at least 2 trick plays no one saw coming on offense. I cant wait. Easily the best football franchise right now. Top to bottom.

I don't think I'd describe NE's running game as inefficient at all.

They've run the ball really well all season (5th in YPG and only fumbled twice) and superbly in the playoffs (165.5 yards per game and no fumbles).

Edit: They're also 5th in yards, when every other team in the top ten besides the Rams & Saints have a running QB to boost the figures.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Sexton Hardcastle

Fair enough to you fellas who live in the area. Was more on about people who jump on a winning team and go about wearing the beanie hats. 

Surely Brady will bow out if he wins another ring. Yes they do it season after season but there has to come a point when you go out on top. 

Going to be an interesting couple

of seasons with a lot of ageing qbs on their way out. Brady, Rivers, Ben, Manning, Brees. Doesn’t look much of a draft class this year at that position.

6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Fair enough to you fellas who live in the area. Was more on about people who jump on a winning team and go about wearing the beanie hats. 

Surely Brady will bow out if he wins another ring. Yes they do it season after season but there has to come a point when you go out on top. 

of seasons with a lot of ageing qbs on their way out. Brady, Rivers, Ben, Manning, Brees. Doesn’t look much of a draft class this year at that position.

There's gonna be some clamour for Trevor Lawrence in 2 years.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There's gonna be some clamour for Trevor Lawrence in 2 years.

Hoping the PATS trade up to get Jake Fromm. Doubt it though. He looks the real deal.

Sexton Hardcastle
32 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hoping the PATS trade up to get Jake Fromm. Doubt it though. He looks the real deal.

Some rise from him watching qb1. 

Tagovailoa will be a 2020 top 5 pick.

Sexton Hardcastle
46 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

London games announced.

Bengals v Rams

Bears v Raiders

Texans v Jags

Panthers v Bucs

Best international game in Mexico. 

Predictable they didnt get Mack to play back in Oakland or where ever they end up. 

49 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Some rise from him watching qb1. 

Tagovailoa will be a 2020 top 5 pick.

Walterfootball site has Tagovailoa 1 and Fromm 2 in the 2020 draft

luckyBatistuta

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I think that’s Brady on 9 Super Bowl appearances now, reckon he’ll definitely want to make that double figures, he’ll be back. You could see the fire that still burns strong in him during that game yesterday. 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

London games announced.

Bengals v Rams

Bears v Raiders

Texans v Jags

Panthers v Bucs

Not really much to say other than...meh

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The decision which went the Patriots way (where the ball was supposed to have hit someone’s arm) was absolutely outrageous.

Saints fans are rightly out of their minds. Back judge who lives in LA makes a no-call to help the most plastic team in the league get the newly-returned-to-the-NFL-after-decades second largest media market in the country back in the Super Bowl. It's GFA and Hugh Dallas-levels.

You'd like to think it's really an honest mistake but the call isn't even a little bit close or ambiguous.

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The decision which went the Patriots way (where the ball was supposed to have hit someone’s arm) was absolutely outrageous.

Really? I've watched it a few times and see absolutely no contact, especially from the head on camera. If there is then it was the smallest of touches, so hardly an outrageous call.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Really? I've watched it a few times and see absolutely no contact, especially from the head on camera. If there is then it was the smallest of touches, so hardly an outrageous call.

We couldn’t agree in my house. I thought he didn’t touch it as well, but don’t think you could say for definite that he didn’t. The fact your saying that if he did, it was the smallest of touches, implies there is doubt and therefore it should have never been overturned. I never thought for one second they would overturn that.

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Add in the roughing the passer(What a joke call) and the dropped catch.  Shocking! And the offside, yes it was, but , come on.

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Add in the roughing the passer(What a joke call) and the dropped catch.  Shocking! And the offside, yes it was, but , come on.

The roughing the passer was the biggest call for me. If that hadn’t been called, the Chiefs would have had the ball (already in the lead) , instead the Pats keep the ball and go up the field and take the lead themselves...the turning point of the e game for me. It was a disgraceful call.

I thought the Edelman call was spot on. Couldn't see any hint of contact. How can anyone call it outrageous?!

Agree with the sentiment though. **** the Patriots.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

We couldn’t agree in my house. I thought he didn’t touch it as well, but don’t think you could say for definite that he didn’t. The fact your saying that if he did, it was the smallest of touches, implies there is doubt and therefore it should have never been overturned. I never thought for one second they would overturn that.

In my opinion he didn't touch it whatsoever and I think the replay facing Edelman straight on proved it, hence the overturn. I see no movement of the ball of any sort to suggest it touched him.

But the suggestion was it was an outrageous call, it was nothing of the sort.

Walter Payton

The Pro Bowl Skills challenge is always more entertaining than the Pro Bowl itself IMO, but I can only see the Pro Bowl on Game Pass. Does anyone know a way of watching the Skills challenge in the UK?

luckyBatistuta
54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

In my opinion he didn't touch it whatsoever and I think the replay facing Edelman straight on proved it, hence the overturn. I see no movement of the ball of any sort to suggest it touched him.

But the suggestion was it was an outrageous call, it was nothing of the sort.

I didn’t like the call myself even though I didn’t think he touched it. I just thought there was still an element of doubt, which was the reason they took so long to make their judgement. We have seen loads of calls before where it looks like a shocker of a call, only for it to still stand, just because it’s not 100% 

26 minutes ago, Bring on the Future said:

The Pro Bowl Skills challenge is always more entertaining than the Pro Bowl itself IMO, but I can only see the Pro Bowl on Game Pass. Does anyone know a way of watching the Skills challenge in the UK?

Is Beckham there this year? Only time I like him. :)