**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Horrendous ankle/lower leg injury for the Cowboys' Allen Hurns, terrible to watch. As soon as he was tackled, you could see his foot facing the wrong way, even before they showed the replay where you could see it snapping.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Keep telling yourself that.

And if you don't see that Snyder is the primary source of everything wrong with the franchise, well, I don't know what to tell you. He bought one of the most valuable sport franchises in the world at that time that legitimately had a 100k active season ticket waiting list and now he's got tarps over large sections of the stadium.

Aye but he'll make sure we remain the Redskins. The stadium will come sooner or later. We just need a HC and a franchise QB. The one RG3 was supposed to be.

On 05/01/2019 at 05:43, ri Alban said:

3 and 4 you can leave alone. Nothing wrong with name.

Says who?

18 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Backed the Seahawks to win the NFC at 16/1.

So...lump on the Cowboys tonight :lol:

Ahem... :lol:

The Colts are a real danger to the AFC. I actually can't see a great deal of weakness in their team at all and their D is playing at an incredible level.

What's scary is they have 9 draft picks and $122m of cap space this coming season. This team could be a real force over the next few years.

Brilliant day out at the Texans game. Weather perfect for tailgating, and I ended up on the sideline in the second half, thanks to my mate who had a suite (can’t work out how to post a picture?!?).

Shame about the game, though! The Colts can go very far. 

Sexton Hardcastle

If the colts go and win in KC and then New England, they will probably win it all. Couple of questions over their secondary if Hooker is injured. Put a bet on a KC Rams super bowl a few weeks back so hoping that comes good after Mahomes passing leader fell short of 30 odd yards.

Hope the chargers turn up this week. Would make for another right game.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Brilliant day out at the Texans game. Weather perfect for tailgating, and I ended up on the sideline in the second half, thanks to my mate who had a suite (can’t work out how to post a picture?!?).

Shame about the game, though! The Colts can go very far. 

It sounds like a great experience, (other than the result, obviously) I know I love my Pittsburgh trips.

7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Anticlimax after all. So many silly fumbles from jackson.

To be fair that last one was a great defensive play.

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

To be fair that last one was a great defensive play.

I suppose but the way he holds or rather doesn’t protect the ball is a liability. 

Think chargers getting the win makes the game against the patriots better and more competitive. 

Watt-Zeefuik
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye but he'll make sure we remain the Redskins. The stadium will come sooner or later. We just need a HC and a franchise QB. The one RG3 was supposed to be.

LOL okay. He took a franchise that was more valuable than the Cowboys and has turned  it into the Bengals in just 20 short years. But he'll make sure you can keep your racism! :thumb:

J.T.F.Robertson

Love a good old deeefensive battle, I do. (Steelers' legacy)

Placid Casual
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Incredible. Good for a better raiders pick though.

What a finish.

Bears a lick of paint short. Hee hee :lol:

Cowboys v Patriots Superbowl. Dear God naw, just naw. Do not let this happen. Pllllllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

luckyBatistuta

Was working all weekend and have just finished watching all four games back. The end of that Bears game was unbelievable...dong, dong :laugh2:

Absolutely buzzing after watching the Colts come away with another win. We are still underdogs for the game against the Chiefs, but still think we can go in there and do it. Having Kelly back is massive, really helps our run game. Inman has been a great acquisition to the squad too.

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Was working all weekend and have just finished watching all four games back. The end of that Bears game was unbelievable...dong, dong :laugh2:

Absolutely buzzing after watching the Colts come away with another win. We are still underdogs for the game against the Chiefs, but still think we can go in there and do it. Having Kelly back is massive, really helps our run game. Inman has been a great acquisition to the squad too.

Good luck. But I can't see past The Saints for the Superbowl. Butttttt!!!!! I'd like to see The Chargers join the gang.

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Good luck. But I can't see past The Saints for the Superbowl. Butttttt!!!!! I'd like to see The Chargers join the gang.

Live in hope, going to miss watching it live again, as I’m working on Saturday night ?

I can’t see the Chargers going all the way, as I think Rivers will choke.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Some upset in the college championship last night.  Wonder if Saban will be tempted to try the NFL again.

I would love it if this were to happen. Saban would flop again in the NFL I think (although I said the same thing about Pete Carroll on NFL gig #2 and I got that one wrong by a mile) so it would both knock him back a bit and knock Alabama down a peg.

That said he's already a living legend at the single biggest football program in the country. Hard to see him walk away from that, particularly since NFL parity means there's no job where he'll be consistently playing with a talent advantage over almost everyone.

On a side note kind of interesting how the CFP playoff has had a similar effect on college football to the ECL. Cross-conference rivalries like Clemson-Alabama are starting to look as big or bigger than intra-conference rivalries (although I don't think Alabama fans are going to develop warm fuzzies about Auburn any time soon).

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Also that’s a bold move by the cardinals and not so bold by the Bucs.

I give him about a 5% chance of lasting more than 3 years. Not like I know but the rapid hire had the whiff of desperation and impulse.

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Can a wild card prevail? Colts ? Hopefully. Chargers? Possibly. Cowboys? Hell no. Eagles? I think they can.

Sorry I added the Cowboys. 

Three out of four away teams won last week, but I don’t see more than one doing it this week. Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Saints for me.

All games have potential to be close (as with most play off games, to be fair!). I think the Colts v Chiefs could be a classic. I hope the Colts win (and go all the way to push down their draft picks), but think the Chiefs will edge it home. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Think the scoring will be pretty low this week. Would be superb for rivers and co to go and beat Brady. Hard to see past the other home teams and hope the cowboys get put in their place. 20 odd years since a win in this round and expect that to continue. Donald and Suh to take care of Dak and Gurley to return to his best.

Couple of late nights await.

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Peebo said:

Three out of four away teams won last week, but I don’t see more than one doing it this week. Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Saints for me.

All games have potential to be close (as with most play off games, to be fair!). I think the Colts v Chiefs could be a classic. I hope the Colts win (and go all the way to push down their draft picks), but think the Chiefs will edge it home. 

Started reading this and was thinking ‘wtf, Peebo wants the Colts to win’ ....then it all became clear :lol:

35 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Colts

Rams (want a Cowboys win though)

Chargers

Saints

Cowboys

Chargers

Saints

I’m not getting involved in the other, not having a bet on it either. Not feeling as confident as I was, now that you’ve tipped us to win ☹️

Nervous wreck ???

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Started reading this and was thinking ‘wtf, Peebo wants the Colts to win’ ....then it all became clear :lol:

During regular season, I want them to lose along with all the other AFC South teams. Pretty indifferent to them other than that. No real reason to dislike them. And I’d want any AFC South team to do well in the playoffs. Usually it’s the Texans, of course ?? If not, bumps whoever it is down the draft. 

luckyBatistuta
32 minutes ago, Peebo said:

During regular season, I want them to lose along with all the other AFC South teams. Pretty indifferent to them other than that. No real reason to dislike them. And I’d want any AFC South team to do well in the playoffs. Usually it’s the Texans, of course ?? If not, bumps whoever it is down the draft. 

That’s  a fair shout, just thought you’d lost your marbles when I first started reading it :lol: I’ll remember to cheer on your Texans in future :thumb:

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s  a fair shout, just thought you’d lost your marbles when I first started reading it :lol: I’ll remember to cheer on your Texans in future :thumb:

To be fair, now I think about it I do detest Jacksonville. Joke franchise. My in-laws live in what should be Jags territory. My recent visit was only time you would have known that (radio ads, logos on the bus light cabs etc.). Normally it Miami ****ing Dolphins shit everywhere. 

Both ****ing shite as usual again, of course...

Sexton Hardcastle
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Glad to see that SkySports Mix have been showing some playoff games for free in the UK.

Get sick of streaming sometimes!

Having a free login to game pass is awful good this time of season. Game day morning gets you right in the mood.

Brutal start from the Colts. They had to start fast to get out of this game with the win, gonna be tough, especially if the Chiefs score again on this drive.

Sexton Hardcastle

Smashing start for Kc. Mahomes and those across body throws are incredible. If colts go 3 and out again this could run away quickly.

Placid Casual

Aye, this KC offence is something else. Hope the Colts can hang in there. Not looking good though.

Edited by Placid Casual