• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sexton Hardcastle

Bloody brought in Anderson and Jamal Williams this week to start them in the final and completely lost track of things today.

Ah well.

10 hours ago, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar said:

I'm not really bothered about Brate if that's what you're thinking. I was offered something significantly better than him, But trading during any part of the playoffs seems ridiculous to me. Trying to play 2 teams off against each other when they're in the fantasy Superbowl? is just wrong.

As far as i know, There are no taxi squad rules in this league. I somehow doubt you'll lose though.

The taxi squad rule that was brought in was meant to be for first or second year players. However, seems to have been basically an increase in squad size, with the particulars being ignored. But I’m not moaning about specifics here. It’s the chopping and changing of rules, and the variable observance of them, that gets on my tits!

Same with the trade deadline. We’ve had one in previous years, but that seems to have been lifted. Less important in dynasty, but I think the key is having clear rules in the start!

The decision to trade a useless pick for Brate is possibly going to prove my ultimate downfall, as one of my other TEs scored much better. Was on a plane all day, so missed the fact Gurley was out...but probably had **** all to replace him anyway!

Congratulations on your title. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Looks like the last game in the bay for the raiders tonight. Think they might turn up tonight as they did against the steelers.

late Xmas eve football. Bliss.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I admit I seen it as an increase in squad size, I didn't know it was for a specific purpose... I will remedy that though.

Picking Brate over Thomas was a tricky one, I would have played Brate out of the 2 aswell.

Congrats to Booboys who won the 5-1 Dynasty!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

On 22/12/2018 at 22:51, ri Alban said:

How long do Redskins fans have to put up with this shite. 

Great article on the Potatoes from the hometown paper.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/a-once-proud-franchise-the-redskins-are-showing-signs-of-foundational-cracks/2018/12/29/c5194e90-0b8d-11e9-85b6-41c0fe0c5b8f_story.html

J.T.F.Robertson
15 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Some Effort from the browns. 

It was. They'll be a side to watch next year.

We didn't deserve to make it in any case the way we made a dug's dinner of the season.

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Some Effort from the browns. Bloody love this game.

10 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

It was. They'll be a side to watch next year.

We didn't deserve to make it in any case the way we made a dug's dinner of the season.

Had Myles Garretts grandmother in my taxi yesterday. Was a great journey, she was telling me loads about him. Don’t want to put it on here (customer confidentiality and all that), but if everything she was saying was true, he seems like a really nice, level headed guy. Was gobsmacked to here that he’s really big in to archaeology.

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, Peebo said:

Blaine Gabbert is ****ing horrendous. Well done to the Colts. I can’t ****ing wait for the game on Saturday. 

We done our best to chuck away a game which we totally dominated from start to finish. Luck needs to learn to just throw it away sometimes, instead of trying to force things that aren’t there. Another great performance from Leonard, still can’t believe he wasn’t chosen. 

It should be a cracker of a game on Saturday, but I’d be more confident if we were to get Kelly back for it.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Had Myles Garretts grandmother in my taxi yesterday. Was a great journey, she was telling me loads about him. Don’t want to put it on here (customer confidentiality and all that), but if everything she was saying was true, he seems like a really nice, level headed guy. Was gobsmacked to here that he’s really big in to archaeology.

Where do you operate your taxi? (unless I'm missing something here)

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Where do you operate your taxi? (unless I'm missing something here)

Edinburgh black cab

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Edinburgh black cab

What's his granny doing in Edinburgh?

luckyBatistuta
Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

What's his granny doing in Edinburgh?

Why? :laugh2:

She travels around a lot, she seems like she has been all over the world, really nice lady.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Why? :laugh2:

She travels around a lot, she seems like she has been all over the world, really nice lady.

I thought there might be more to it than that, a Scottish connection or the like. Ah well.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

We done our best to chuck away a game which we totally dominated from start to finish. Luck needs to learn to just throw it away sometimes, instead of trying to force things that aren’t there. Another great performance from Leonard, still can’t believe he wasn’t chosen. 

It should be a cracker of a game on Saturday, but I’d be more confident if we were to get Kelly back for it.

I thought both teams were poor, but Titans were dreadful as the game wore on. I know the Colts will be much better on Saturday. 

J.T.F.Robertson
16 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

AB going awol. Steelers seriously on the decline.

Become dysfunctional, never been like this in all my time of following them.

Steelers have never operated this way but my opinion is they need a complete clear out of the coaching staff, after that, who knows.

5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Steelers have never operated this way but my opinion is they need a complete clear out of the coaching staff, after that, who knows.

I don't like Tomlin one bit.

On 01/01/2019 at 13:47, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Sadly this is where i'm at, Tomlin is a good coach but think that the dressing room has become too relaxed with him so any time he does try and be a disciplinarian then you see fall outs like with Bell and Brown and in game issues where Big Ben does his own thing rather than follow team instructions.

Just feel that someone else that is more of a head coach than a best buddy would get more out of the players at the steelers, not sure who i'd go for right enough but if following the Tomlin route of young developing coach then it'd be Eric Bieniemy or going for experience maybe someone like Adam Gase who could be the type of coach to develop Big Bens successor.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 01/01/2019 at 08:47, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Heh. I remember when people were saying the same thing about Bill Cowher.

The Steelers are one of the most successful franchises in the league precisely because they don't play those games.

You go to the playoffs 8 times in 12 years, including two Super Bowl trips and one ring, you're not getting fired by the Rooneys.

8 hours ago, Ugly American said:

The Steelers are one of the most successful franchises in the league precisely because they don't play those games.

You go to the playoffs 8 times in 12 years, including two Super Bowl trips and one ring, you're not getting fired by the Rooneys.

In Years gone by i'd totally agree but this is going to be the 2nd offseason running where 'the partners' (who own almost 70% of the steelers) are asking questions about both Tomlin's player management and his in game decisions! The Rooneys can only protect him so long.

J.T.F.Robertson
13 hours ago, Ugly American said:

On the last part you're almost certainly right, but Cowher (and moreso, Noll)  would never have allowed this rancor to fester (no matter the player) the way MT has done by his willingness to, outwardly at least, cater to certain "me first" egos.

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

Snatch, sorry.

I was reading about his availablity and possibly destinations. We need a big signing as the new stadium looks a busted flush ATM. 

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Snatch, sorry.

I was reading about his availablity and possibly destinations. We need a big signing as the new stadium looks a busted flush ATM. 

Sorry, I was laughing at you wanting Flacco.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Snatch, sorry.

Aye, Flacco would really crank up the excitement levels ?

7 hours ago, Peebo said:

Aye, Flacco would really crank up the excitement levels ?

It would help, anything would. Cousins excluded.

8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sorry, I was laughing at you wanting Flacco.

Desperation. I would rather have Brees or Rivers for a season or 2 or an uninjured RG3, But hey, beggars and all that.

Just need something, cause we're Donald ducked and the fans are starting to disappear.

Sexton Hardcastle

Chat last night about the giants trading for Carr. Would normally laugh it off but with Grudens previous for bonkers trades this could be another set back and just writeoff the next few seasons until Vegas. 

Hallelujah! Original flight from Florida to Houston was cancelled and next available wasn’t going to allow me to pick up my ticket in time. Managed to get a seat via standby, so very much game one.

First game in four years. Can’t wait! 

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Desperation. I would rather have Brees or Rivers for a season or 2 or an uninjured RG3, But hey, beggars and all that.

Just need something, cause we're Donald ducked and the fans are starting to disappear.

Four quick things that'll fix the franchise in a hurry:

1. New coach

2. New GM

3. New owner

4. New name that isn't a racial slur

(In order of increasing importance)

Easy peasy!

8 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Four quick things that'll fix the franchise in a hurry:

1. New coach

2. New GM

3. New owner

4. New name that isn't a racial slur

(In order of increasing importance)

Easy peasy!

3 and 4 you can leave alone. Nothing wrong with name.

Sexton Hardcastle

Texans

Cowboys

Ravens

Bears

Should be a couple of tight games but expect all home teams to make through. Texans Colts should be a very interesting game.

Sexton Hardcastle

Seahawks are so hot and cold, especially passing the ball. One week Wilson will go 12/26 for not much more than a hundred and other times he can put up near 300 yards. 

Think the the cowboys will turn up again. Dak certainly hitting some form.

Sexton Hardcastle

Hilton going to have big numbers it seems.

took a sky special luck, zeke and Hopkins leaders for passing/rushing/receiving at 40/1.

Sexton Hardcastle

Watson can’t make some very simple passes. Not even close on half of them. Colts KC will be a cracking game.

Watt-Zeefuik
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

3 and 4 you can leave alone. Nothing wrong with name.

Keep telling yourself that.

And if you don't see that Snyder is the primary source of everything wrong with the franchise, well, I don't know what to tell you. He bought one of the most valuable sport franchises in the world at that time that legitimately had a 100k active season ticket waiting list and now he's got tarps over large sections of the stadium.