**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I quite like the guy. Got him starting in Fantasy tonight and he has a shed load of points.

Fair enough. Seems like a decent guy. I think he’s shite - one of a number pish QBs that I’ve suffered when watching the Texans in recent seasons. 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Wow. Amazing comeback from the Rams. 

All to play for.

Both teams must be faves to reach the SB from the NFC side. Question is, are either of them good enough to take the Steelers? :whistling:

1 hour ago, Ross992 said:

A very fortunate win in the Dynasty this week! The second worst score beats the worst score! ?

Poor Pods, 0-9 :lol:

Although I'm heading the same way, just can't get going. QB situation is a mess!

Sexton Hardcastle

at least I can’t be accused of tanking. Injuries and off form players made me go from second last season to form last.

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

at least I can’t be accused of tanking. Injuries and off form players made me go from second last season to form last.

Yip...a QB situation that might just be worse than mines!

17 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

That quarterback, Brees, looks like he may have potential.

Overlooked in the Heisman race, overlooked ever since.

If he hadn't been playing during the Brady/Manning/Rodgers years, he'd be recognized for what he is -- one of the greatest pure passers in the history of the game.

4 in a row now in the KickbackBowl getting myself right in the playoff mix. Started the season 1-4.

Looks like Sack City has all but guaranteed the Roseburn Division. 1 win from 4 clinches it. Will most likely get the bye as well.

Sadly, it looks like an uphill battle for Kinetic Beats, needing to win all 4 remaining games to stand a chance. Even then, it looks unlikely.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

4 in a row now in the KickbackBowl getting myself right in the playoff mix. Started the season 1-4.

Looks like Sack City has all but guaranteed the Roseburn Division. 1 win from 4 clinches it. Will most likely get the bye as well.

Sadly, it looks like an uphill battle for Kinetic Beats, needing to win all 4 remaining games to stand a chance. Even then, it looks unlikely.

I've had an absolute nightmare in that league this season. Every decision I've made has been the wrong one.

3 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

I've had an absolute nightmare in that league this season. Every decision I've made has been the wrong one.

Feel your pain. I think my bench has easily out-scored my starting line up every week in the dynasty.

chuck berrys hairline

My lack of an rb2 is killing me in the kB bowl. Glad to have stopped the rot on the dynasty, even though didn't see that coming!

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Didn't see that scoreline coming last night.

Now frantically checking to see if anyone I am playing this week has Big Ben!! ?   

1 minute ago, Ross992 said:

Now frantically checking to see if anyone I am playing this week has Big Ben!! ?   

And McCaffrey...

Well, that wasn't a pleasant scoreline to wake up to.

Looks like the Panthers are still stuck where they've been under Newton and Rivera -- top third team in the league, not good enough to win the big one.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Didn't see that scoreline coming last night.

We appear to be building momentum, even the "D" looks like it's improving. :o

Off the top of ma heid, we still have the Jags, Saints and Pats in amongst the remainder of the schedule, so still lots of (im)proving to do.

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Well, that wasn't a pleasant scoreline to wake up to.

Looks like the Panthers are still stuck where they've been under Newton and Rivera -- top third team in the league, not good enough to win the big one.

Top third?

Dont think I’d rank them top five possibly be even 8. 

52 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Top third?

Dont think I’d rank them top five possibly be even 8. 

Top third, not top three team. The top third in a 32 team league is roughly 10 or 11 teams. I suppose I could have said "playoff team" but given the advantage division winners have in the NFL, there's usually a team or two that makes the playoffs from a terrible division that's barely in the top half of the league.

Without thinking out a ranking right now, 8 seems about right. In the NFC they're probably the third or fourth best team (Philadelphia is better than its record), and that's assuming last night was an aberration and not representative of how they'll play from here out.

Edited by Ugly American

20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Dez Bryant torn achilles.

Ol’ Jerry may die laughing.

Which would be a shame...

J.T.F.Robertson
50 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Like Schefter and Rapoport trying to break the news first.

It was us broke it to them. :097:

12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Like Schefter and Rapoport trying to break the news first.

Going by your fantasy record this season you could be Fabiano :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Going by your fantasy record this season you could be Fabiano :lol:

The bowl and the two dynasty leagues save my blushes slightly.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lions getting another riding. Bears handicap was easy money.

Sadly they were one of the smaller handicaps on my bet

Sexton Hardcastle

Shambles but right call to move Monday nights game to LA. Pitch was in some state.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

15 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Shambles but right call to move Monday nights game to LA. Pitch was in some state.

Tottenham should have moved their recent Man City game to White Hart Lane...

Bell didn't pitch up before the signing deadline so will not play a single snap this season, big gamble to try and recoup the 15m he's not been paid this season in free agency!

Also fun to watch the steelers dressing room tear apart his locker and dish out all his boots etc

7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Bell didn't pitch up before the signing deadline so will not play a single snap this season, big gamble to try and recoup the 15m he's not been paid this season in free agency!

Also fun to watch the steelers dressing room tear apart his locker and dish out all his boots etc

Absolutely fair play to him. The NFL “contracts” are totally ****ing weird. Playing this year and this agreeing to the franchise tag would have, for a RB like him, been ****ing stupid. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Peebo said:

Abs

olutely fair play to him. The NFL “contracts” are totally ****ing weird. Playing this year and this agreeing to the franchise tag would have, for a RB like him, been ****ing stupid. 

I understand the potential for injury would be a big factor, but $14.5 Mill is not to be sneezed at, plus, I believe he was offered a contract over 4 or 5 years amounting to around $70 Mill but I guess the "guaranteed" did not suit.

He'll probably make it up as a FA though, Oakland / Vegas, for one, have money coming out their erseholes. Their o'line may not measure up though, although that is obviously not his main concern.

Thanks, but cheerio, and I felt that way before Conner and when he started all this for the second time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice etc.

I'm not bitter though. :whistling:

14 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I understand the potential for injury would be a big factor, but $14.5 Mill is not to be sneezed at, plus, I believe he was offered a contract over 4 or 5 years amounting to around $70 Mill but I guess the "guaranteed" did not suit.

He'll probably make it up as a FA though, Oakland / Vegas, for one, have money coming out their erseholes. Their o'line may not measure up though, although that is obviously not his main concern.

Thanks, but cheerio, and I felt that way before Conner and when he started all this for the second time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice etc.

Think the biggest danger for Bell is that teams see better overall value from having the likes of Conner and spend their money on a number of other positions rather than gambling it all on a superstar whose style is very different to other rb’s meaning a number of adjustments for their o line 

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Think the biggest danger for Bell is that teams see better overall value from having the likes of Conner and spend their money on a number of other positions rather than gambling it all on a superstar whose style is very different to other rb’s meaning a number of adjustments for their o line 

Fair point. Good RBs are comparatively easy to find.

However, there is no way Bell sits out a season without he and his agent being very confident of getting a big deal to make it worthwhile. 

On 16/11/2018 at 02:35, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I've said it before and still believe it - it's your OL that's the real star, not Bell. 

It'll be real interesting to see how he fares at the likes of the Raiders, whose OL is terrible. I suspect he'll come crashing back down to earth, although he won't care, not with all that money in the bank.

Sexton Hardcastle
6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've said it before and still believe it - it's your OL that's the real star, not Bell. 

It'll be real interesting to see how he fares at the likes of the Raiders, whose OL is terrible. I suspect he'll come crashing back down to earth, although he won't care, not with all that money in the bank.

He won’t end up in Oakland. It’s a rebuild job over the next two years to try and be ready for Vegas. Money needs to be spent on multiple positions and gruden won’t waste it on him when he was unwilling to pay one of the best defensive players in the game at present.

Jets in with a shout I’d say.

Beat the Texans and the Skins are going to the play offs, just a pity the now unstoppable Saints are there. World champions me thinks. 

9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lions working out Pryor and Peterman. Some mob. Patricia lost his marbles.

Some of the decisions recently have been baffling. Patricia looks way out of his depth as well.

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some of the decisions recently have been baffling. Patricia looks way out of his depth as well.

Come down and enjoy an early draft pick.