• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Got him in two leagues. Dull.

I had toyed with dropping him last night. Ended up not doing so and also left him on the bench. Worst of both worlds.

Sexton Hardcastle

Only just realised the kid from that QB1 on Netflix the other year is Georgia’s starting Qb. Putting up good numbers as well.

23 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Not the best prep for the Jags today. Trying to dine and dash 60k tab. Boys must make combined millions per year.

£60k?!?! No bad for four players. Even with NFL appetites! 

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Why did I drop Mahomes onto the bench for Rodgers ?

Because you’re clueless? 

chuck berrys hairline

Wtf Todd Gurley could've ran a TD but decided to sit on the ******* ground before the redzone to screw my bet and FF 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Wtf Todd Gurley could've ran a TD but decided to sit on the ******* ground before the redzone to screw my bet and FF 

They would have been unassailable if he scored. Only assume he thought it was a one point game or something.

Rams crusing towards a lombardi.

chuck berrys hairline
6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

They would have been unassailable if he scored. Only assume he thought it was a one point game or something.

I had over 56.5 points the failed two point conversion instead of the kick at end of second half killed me

They should be there if can stay injury free 

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It was a scripted play by them...dubbed the Rolex Play.

Horrible game from the Lions yesterday but despite that, we really should have mounted a comeback. 2 turnovers while in scoring positions in our last 2 drives. Brutal.

Quite a simple play from Gurley. If the Rams keep the ball, the Packers can’t score. Winning matters; by how many points, is irrelevant.

And I think most NFL players enjoy getting it up fantasy footballer players! 

Sexton Hardcastle

He’s playing at an MVP level and every yard and touchdown will help his cause.

Mahomes would have been some price for that title.

20 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

He’s playing at an MVP level and every yard and touchdown will help his cause.

Winning the Super Bowl will be more important to him than winning the MVP award. Or at least it should be...and that play suggests that it is. 

Scoring the TD would have meant the game was still at risk (albeit small). Stopping short ensures the win. That’s demonstrating value to your team right there. 

Sexton Hardcastle
34 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Winning the Super Bowl will be more important to him than winning the MVP award. Or at least it should be...and that play suggests that it is. 

Scoring the TD would have meant the game was still at risk (albeit small). Stopping short ensures the win. That’s demonstrating value to your team right there. 

Chances of a blocked return PAT and then driving the field must have been ridiculously low. But still fair call from him.

17 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Chances of a blocked return PAT and then driving the field must have been ridiculously low. But still fair call from him.

Or TD, onside kick then FG. Also extremely unlikely, but when facing Rodgers, **** giving them the opportunity!

6 hours ago, Peebo said:

Quite a simple play from Gurley. If the Rams keep the ball, the Packers can’t score. Winning matters; by how many points, is irrelevant.

And I think most NFL players enjoy getting it up fantasy footballer players! 

And he's got a shot at the overall touchdowns record, so taking those last 5 yards off may very well keep him out of the record books, even as it guaranteed his team a win.

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

And he's got a shot at the overall touchdowns record, so taking those last 5 yards off may very well keep him out of the record books, even as it guaranteed his team a win.

And again, I’m sure he cares more about the team’s success, not the record books. 

6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

And again, I’m sure he cares more about the team’s success, not the record books. 

Yep, gave an interview saying as much. But offensive players live for touchdowns, it takes a lot of presence of mind to see the endzone paint and daylight in front of you and think, "best to hit the grass here." 

39 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Yep, gave an interview saying as much. But offensive players live for touchdowns, it takes a lot of presence of mind to see the endzone paint and daylight in front of you and think, "best to hit the grass here." 

Just following orders...and if you know it guarantees a win, probably scratches the primary urge, anyway. Professional athletes live for winning. And money. 

Edited by Peebo

Dermaryius Thomas to the Texans (plus 7th) for a 4th rounder. Not the sort of move I’m used to seeing us take, but I like it. Good response to Fuller’s injury. 

chuck berrys hairline

Can folk veto my trade on the dynasty please. It was offered over a week ago and before the players traded to another team. I thought the trade had been rejected back then but he's sat on it for ages and now accepted it even though Im unwilling to do the deal now there's nowhere for me to stop it

Edited by chuck berrys hairline
Sp

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Can folk veto my trade on the dynasty please. It was offered over a week ago and before the players traded to another team. I thought the trade had been rejected back then but he's sat on it for ages and now accepted it even though Im unwilling to do the deal now there's nowhere for me to stop it

Not involved in the league, but struggle to see why anyone would veto based on this. It’s your fault if you keep an offer on the table, and entirely the other party’s prerogative to accept an open offer. 

On 27/10/2018 at 23:58, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Only just realised the kid from that QB1 on Netflix the other year is Georgia’s starting Qb. Putting up good numbers as well.

Good to see, he seemed the most likely to make it out of the 3 on the show. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Viewing figures for tonight’s battle of the bay could be pretty bleak. Third string qb vs an awful raiders defence.

luckyBatistuta
On 31/10/2018 at 10:52, chuck berrys hairline said:

Thought it was a strange trade by you, now I know why.

Sexton Hardcastle

I mean it’s. Lear he’s playing for the no 1 pick but even going forward it’s hard to see his abilities to coach in the modern game.

Vegas won’t last long at this rate.

Sexton Hardcastle

Reminder for those interested in thanksgiving games, it’s lions bears, cowboys redskins and late game falcons saints.

Decent games on 22 November. Day off sorted.

Sexton Hardcastle

Reminder for those interested in thanksgiving games, it’s lions bears, cowboys redskins and late game falcons saints.

luckyBatistuta
34 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Thanks Sexton, forgot about this, day off sorted ?

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Thanks Sexton, forgot about this, day off sorted ?

I can supply recipes for cornbread stuffing and cranberry sauce if you want to go the whole 9 yards. :jjyay:

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Ugly American said:

I can supply recipes for cornbread stuffing and cranberry sauce if you want to go the whole 9 yards. :jjyay:

Cornbread stuffing ? not sure I like the sound of that 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Cornbread stuffing ? not sure I like the sound of that 

Erm, don't knock it until you try it? 

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Erm, don't knock it until you try it? 

Might get a try of this. Our friends who are from California have invited us round for a Thanksgiving dinner and she’s a really good cook,  so maybe?

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Might get a try of this. Our friends who are from California have invited us round for a Thanksgiving dinner and she’s a really good cook,  so maybe?

Cornbread from Californians is going to be unreliable, but I'm sure they'll do something good.

But there's nothing not to like about stuffing. It's bread, broth, vegetables, spices, and maybe a few other things.

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

So bad that Fitzpatrick is getting a game again. 

I quite like the guy. Got him starting in Fantasy tonight and he has a shed load of points.