**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

31 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Two of my buddies just arrived today. They rented an apartment 15 minute walk from the stadium. He posted on facebook already. Checking out the local brews.

Sounds like a great time for the kids as well. I heard theres a small ski slope built on a main street. Security will definitely be tight. Even more so Saturday/Sunday.

Surly is the best brewery in town, if memory serves.

1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

-14f this morning, we've really rolled out the weather red carpet.  At least both teams are from the NE so aren't completely surprised by cold.

The Super Bowl experience was excellent btw.  All indoors in the convention center so no need for jackets etc, although SB Live events are outside, bugger that.  We were there for 5 1/2 hours, saw Gurley, Brees, Diggs, Ware, Deion Sanders and a few other famous players.  Brees walked by me in the skyway, i'm bigger than him :)  So much to do, kids had an absolute ball and despite having their Bridgewater jerseys on, they decided to be Brady and Foles when they got to dress up in jerseys and pads and score TD's.  

One thing - the amount of police and military downtown and inside the convention center was nuts.  All carrying massive weapons or holding dogs.  Drove past the stadium, there is a 3-4 block radius that is sealed up, each with armored humvees at the entrances etc.  Mad! 

Columnist for the Charlotte Observer once said that if Brees was in a room full of sportswriters, the only way to tell he was an NFL player would be that he was the one who didn't have food stains on his shirt.

Ah, Minnesota winters. How I don't miss them at all.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

55 minutes ago, Cade said:

Got the booze in.

Got the hot dogs in.

Got the burgers in.

Got the pork ribs in.

Got the fried chicken in.

Got the assorted snacks in.

Got the friends ready to come over for an all-nighter.

Game on.

:jjyay: 

Bumped and left with a shit load of food NAP

15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Bumped and left with a shit load of food NAP

Even better!

I used to love Super Bowl Sunday when living in the US. Always at, or hosting a big party. Now, with the time difference, it’s just not the same. 

Just now, Peebo said:

Even better!

I used to love Super Bowl Sunday when living in the US. Always at, or hosting a big party. Now, with the time difference, it’s just not the same. 

Yep, it's doritos and M&M's for one and work at 9am for me.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yep, it's doritos and M&M's for one and work at 9am for me.

I won’t even watch live. I doubt I’d be awake for the start, never mind the end! And **** taking the day off to watch one of those teams winning it.

I will try and avoid the score, then watch as live on Monday. Only managed to successfully do that one year, though. 

Everyone here in Philly is confident. Not overly confident either. Fingers crossed they can get it done. No way Foles can play as well as he did against Minnesota again so need the defense and run game to step up. I think they will. On another note, I'm going absolutely nowhere near center city on Sunday night no matter what. Folk are gonna go absolutely batshit either way.

On 02/02/2018 at 22:09, bertracoon said:

Everyone here in Philly is confident. Not overly confident either. Fingers crossed they can get it done. No way Foles can play as well as he did against Minnesota again so need the defense and run game to step up. I think they will. On another note, I'm going absolutely nowhere near center city on Sunday night no matter what. Folk are gonna go absolutely batshit either way.

All my love to the city of brotherly love, and don't be climbing any poles tonight whatever you do!

Must try and stay to the end this year, unlike last year when I thought the game was over and went to bed...

:D

Will we get the same tv ads as the American networks btw? The teaser trailer for the Han Solo movie is supposed to be showing at some point.

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Must try and stay to the end this year, unlike last year when I thought the game was over and went to bed...

:D

Will we get the same tv ads as the American networks btw? The teaser trailer for the Han Solo movie is supposed to be showing at some point.

No to the ads.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No to the ads.

Och, it'll be up on youtube immediately anyway.

Good first drive by the Eagles. Shame they couldn't get the touchdown though.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Och, it'll be up on youtube immediately anyway.

Good first drive by the Eagles. Shame they couldn't get the touchdown though.

Actually, already up :D

1e1562bb768de70341dcd2c27c9742570e734754

FLY EAGLES FLY

Great start. Carving up a Belichik defense. Just need to do a better job of getting to Brady now.

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ooft. Now that's a hit! :D

Yeah. Hope his mind is sound enough to watch his kids graduate from high school.

Meanwhile, Patriots call up the DERP 43 call there.

Hate the Pats , dont like the Eagles and iv given up on my lot ever getting there again as we implode every year even Gase hasn’t sorted that. So based on that I suppose just for the history side Id prefer the Eagles to win. Hopefully the missed xp’s don’t come back to bite them.

Edited by sadj

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hate the Pats , dont like the Eagles and iv given up on my lot ever getting there again as we implode every year even Gase hasn’t sorted that. So based on that I suppose just for the history side Id prefer the Eagles to win. Hopefully the missed xp’s don’t come back to bite them.

Sums the Dolphins up that they get shot of Ajayi only to see him end up in the Superbowl. So disappointing after the improvement last year.

On 02/02/2018 at 22:09, bertracoon said:

Folk are gonna go absolutely batshit either way.

Yeah...what IS this thing with folk laying their city in shite?

J.T.F.Robertson
16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The number of times the Patriots get iffy penalties to keep them going.

Is that not the truth.

14 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Gutsy call by the Eagles!

That was as ballsy as it gets! Wunnerful execution too.

FTP! :duck: