**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 1/29/2018 at 09:41, Ugly American said:

(Okay, three in a row.)

Also, despite being one of the most iconic sports franchises in the US, you might note that the "LA Lakers" makes almost no sense at all, given that LA is a very arid region with coastline, but no lakes.

The franchise started in Minnesota, "Land of 10,000 lakes."

In addition, the Dallas Stars NHL team were originally the Minnesota North Stars (the state being the North Star State).  You still get quite a few North Stars jerseys on show at Minnesota Wild games. 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

34 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Chief certainly looking good after that trade.

Where does cousins end up? Browns?

Probably. Although I’m sure multiple teams will fancy him.

meanwhile, the Redskins all but guarantee they’ll still be shite for the next few years.

56 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Chief certainly looking good after that trade.

Where does cousins end up? Browns?

Smith to the Browns was apparently pretty much done by all accounts. Their plan (allegedly) was to trade for Smith while taking a QB at 1.

Think Cousins will be off to the Jets or Broncos.

15 hours ago, Peebo said:

Probably. Although I’m sure multiple teams will fancy him.

meanwhile, the Redskins all but guarantee they’ll still be shite for the next few years.

As long as Snyder owns the team, Washington will be shite. :jjyay: 

5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

As long as Snyder owns the team, Washington will be shite. :jjyay: 

Watch it buddy. Step away from the keyboards. The Redskins will never be shite. 

Is KC away , :yas: I thought he'd signed a new deal. Ya beauty!

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Delighted Cousins is away? Find that quite odd tbh, he's a good QB. Definitely in that 8-15 bracket.

42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Delighted Cousins is away? Find that quite odd tbh, he's a good QB. Definitely in that 8-15 bracket.

Given that post, suspect the poster doesn’t pay very close attention...

4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Given that post, suspect the poster doesn’t pay very close attention...

2017 stats

7th in yards

7th in % of completions (with QB's over 200 attempts)

8th in touchdowns

11th in QB rating (with QB's over 200 attempts)

2016 and 2015 would be fairly similar I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

2017 stats

7th in yards

7th in % of completions (with QB's over 200 attempts)

8th in touchdowns

11th in QB rating (with QB's over 200 attempts)

2016 and 2015 would be fairly similar I'd imagine.

I meant the post you quoted. 

16 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I meant the post you quoted. 

Yeah sorry I know, I was just pointing out to the poster the level Cousins is operating at.

I'd rather have Cousins and Smith as my starting QB, every time.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Two playoff wins in 25 years. :verysmug: 

Meanwhile the Panthers, who blessedly carved a chunk out of former R's territory, have been to four NFC championships and two Super Bowls despite existing for less than 25 years.

The hail with the R's.

luckyBatistuta

Here are the latest Vegas odds on Cousins' next team. 

-Denver Broncos: 3/2

-New York Jets: 2/1

-Arizona Cardinals: 4/1

-Cleveland Browns: 4/1

-Buffalo Bills: 9/1

-Jacksonville Jaguars: 14/1

-New York Giants: 14/1

-Miami Dolphins: 20/1

Really hope he chooses Denver, purely for my Dynasty aspirations. 

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's the reason RG3 left. KC is rotten. Hopefully they'll go for Rivers or Brees. , I don't care if its only for a season or two.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Two playoff wins in 25 years. :verysmug: 

Meanwhile the Panthers, who blessedly carved a chunk out of former R's territory, have been to four NFC championships and two Super Bowls despite existing for less than 25 years.

The hail with the R's.

How many Superbowl wins have they achieved exactly?

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Here are the latest Vegas odds on Cousins' next team. 

-Denver Broncos: 3/2

-New York Jets: 2/1

-Arizona Cardinals: 4/1

-Cleveland Browns: 4/1

-Buffalo Bills: 9/1

-Jacksonville Jaguars: 14/1

-New York Giants: 14/1

-Miami Dolphins: 20/1

Really hope he chooses Denver, purely for my Dynasty aspirations. 

:rofl: Good luck with that.

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's the reason RG3 left. KC is rotten. Hopefully they'll go for Rivers or Brees. , I don't care if its only for a season or two.

RG3 left because he was shite. Probably the most over-hyped player in the last decade. 

To clarify, who do you hope goes for Rivers or Brees? 

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:qqb010:

Who will win the Superbowl? Lose/Lose for me. But I suppose I'd rather the Eagles won.

I'll leave the other stuff until draft day.

Hmm not sure what to make of that news, why doesn't anybody take a shot at Kaeprnick... must be more to it than the whole knee thing

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who will win the Superbowl? Lose/Lose for me. But I suppose I'd rather the Eagles won.

I'll leave the other stuff until draft day.

Only want the Colts to win the Super Bowl every year. I just want him to get a more settles squad, where he can score me lots of fantasy points. I might not even need him, if my other QB’s carry on playing next season.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Hmm not sure what to make of that news, why doesn't anybody take a shot at Kaeprnick... must be more to it than the whole knee thing

He’s overrated, after his early success, teams figured him out and then...

4 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Kaepernick has been another massively over-hyped QB in recent years. While never going to command the interest and salary of the top guys, he is, however, more than good enough to be playing for someone.

It is absolutely all about the knee thing. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Youre annoyed because he forced out a woeful QB?

Living in cuckoo land if you think you’ll get Brees or Rivers.

32 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Only want the Colts to win the Super Bowl every year. I just want him to get a more settles squad, where he can score me lots of fantasy points. I might not even need him, if my other QB’s carry on playing next season.

Arizona might be an attractive gig for him as well. My Cardinals mate is hoping they go for him.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Taking the kids to the Superbowl experience this afternoon/evening downtown.  Ware, Diggs, Brees, Bridgewater amongst the players they can meet. Should be fun. 

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Youre annoyed because he forced out a woeful QB?

Living in cuckoo land if you think you’ll get Brees or Rivers.

I live in hope. The Redskins should be able to attract players of that ilk. 

Still one of the top 3 superpowers along with the Cowboys and  The Pats .

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:lol:

luckyBatistuta
40 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Arizona might be an attractive gig for him as well. My Cardinals mate is hoping they go for him.

Agree, Arizona would still be a decent fit for him, as they do have one of the best rb’s in the game, which would definitely take some pressure off him. Some crap options there imo, all depends if it’s just about the money for him, I suppose.

luckyBatistuta
40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Here’s another :4_1_72:

58 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So you were talking about Brees or Rivers for the Redskins.

Are you aware they just signed Alex Smith? 

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Is there anybody on here, who would seriously take Alex Smith over Kirk Cousins?

I wouldn’t. However, it appears the relationship between Cousins and the Redskins had completely broken down, so he was never going to be there long-term. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Taking the kids to the Superbowl experience this afternoon/evening downtown.  Ware, Diggs, Brees, Bridgewater amongst the players they can meet. Should be fun. 

Dress warm. How do you do it every winter.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Peebo said:

I wouldn’t. However, it appears the relationship between Cousins and the Redskins had completely broken down, so he was never going to be there long-term. 

Yeah, everything you read about them, pointed to them parting ways. I’m still trying to get my head around how the Redskins  see this going forward. Smith is 34 now and has never really stepped up when it’s really mattered. If Cousins was ranked 6th behind a poor pass blocking unit, do they honestly think Smith will better or equal this, I don’t think so.

Agree with above and Cousins was due over 30million payment to stay with the 'skins... basically cause they ****ed up the whole contract situation. I'd like to see him with some real weapons to hit, the team has been decimated by injuries over the last few years but alas it's too late.

im not sure about smith, he's steady enough can't see how he can get more out of a team than Cousins tho.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

How many Superbowl wins have they achieved exactly?

How long has Snyder owned the R's?

Washington are the Aberdeen of the NFL. Great period under one legendary coach in the 80s and start of the nineties. Apart from a good spell way back before WWII, utter shite before and since.

12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yeah, everything you read about them, pointed to them parting ways. I’m still trying to get my head around how the Redskins  see this going forward. Smith is 34 now and has never really stepped up when it’s really mattered. If Cousins was ranked 6th behind a poor pass blocking unit, do they honestly think Smith will better or equal this, I don’t think so.

Where are they in the draft? They might be thinking about doing a Chiefs and bagging a first round QB.

Smith could very well be in the same situation this coming season that he found himself in with the Chiefs last season. Smith certainly isn't someone you're going to build your franchise around, that's for sure.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Sexton Hardcastle

Not sure what is more comical, Smith over Cousins or that the fella above reckons the skins could sign Brees or Rivers.

And as for the skins being a top three powerhouse. Wow. Not even top three in their division.

43 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Not sure what is more comical, Smith over Cousins or that the fella above reckons the skins could sign Brees or Rivers.

And as for the skins being a top three powerhouse. Wow. Not even top three in their division.

I think it's what's known as trolling mate.

Sexton Hardcastle

Didn’t read the full conversation tbh just his post.

anyway, despite this years anthem issues, I’ve always thought the last patriots eagles super bowl effort was one of the best. 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Where are they in the draft? They might be thinking about doing a Chiefs and bagging a first round QB.

Smith could very well be in the same situation this coming season that he found himself in with the Chiefs last season. Smith certainly isn't someone you're going to build your franchise around, that's for sure.

Just had a look and they’re 13th pick, not a fantastic trade really, so no idea what they’re up to. Maybe they’ve got some master plan that we’re all missing, or maybe it’s just a poor decision, nothing more.

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Whatever it was, he should stay off the stuff.

Alvin Kamara wins ROTY. Not surprising after the season he had. 

Drew Brees on Ellen the other night saying he was Saints for life now. 

:jjyay:

Good time to be a Saints fan. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just had a look and they’re 13th pick, not a fantastic trade really, so no idea what they’re up to. Maybe they’ve got some master plan that we’re all missing, or maybe it’s just a poor decision, nothing more.

Whatever it was, he should stay off the stuff.

I think the only QB left at 13 would likely be Jackson, who'd be a huge reach there going by the mocks. Trading up to the top 10 might likely get them Allen though.

Craig Gordons Gloves
22 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Dress warm. How do you do it every winter.

-14f this morning, we've really rolled out the weather red carpet.  At least both teams are from the NE so aren't completely surprised by cold.

The Super Bowl experience was excellent btw.  All indoors in the convention center so no need for jackets etc, although SB Live events are outside, bugger that.  We were there for 5 1/2 hours, saw Gurley, Brees, Diggs, Ware, Deion Sanders and a few other famous players.  Brees walked by me in the skyway, i'm bigger than him :)  So much to do, kids had an absolute ball and despite having their Bridgewater jerseys on, they decided to be Brady and Foles when they got to dress up in jerseys and pads and score TD's.  

One thing - the amount of police and military downtown and inside the convention center was nuts.  All carrying massive weapons or holding dogs.  Drove past the stadium, there is a 3-4 block radius that is sealed up, each with armored humvees at the entrances etc.  Mad! 

Sexton Hardcastle

Seeing some of the drinking game rules going about. Particularly like the drink 3 fingers for Chris Collinsworth saying ‘RPO’ or ‘here’s a guy’.

alwaysthereinspirit
56 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

-14f this morning, we've really rolled out the weather red carpet.  At least both teams are from the NE so aren't completely surprised by cold.

The Super Bowl experience was excellent btw.  All indoors in the convention center so no need for jackets etc, although SB Live events are outside, bugger that.  We were there for 5 1/2 hours, saw Gurley, Brees, Diggs, Ware, Deion Sanders and a few other famous players.  Brees walked by me in the skyway, i'm bigger than him :)  So much to do, kids had an absolute ball and despite having their Bridgewater jerseys on, they decided to be Brady and Foles when they got to dress up in jerseys and pads and score TD's.  

One thing - the amount of police and military downtown and inside the convention center was nuts.  All carrying massive weapons or holding dogs.  Drove past the stadium, there is a 3-4 block radius that is sealed up, each with armored humvees at the entrances etc.  Mad! 

Two of my buddies just arrived today. They rented an apartment 15 minute walk from the stadium. He posted on facebook already. Checking out the local brews.

Sounds like a great time for the kids as well. I heard theres a small ski slope built on a main street. Security will definitely be tight. Even more so Saturday/Sunday.

Got the booze in.

Got the hot dogs in.

Got the burgers in.

Got the pork ribs in.

Got the fried chicken in.

Got the assorted snacks in.

Got the friends ready to come over for an all-nighter.

Game on.

:jjyay: