• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

MFL a bit sluggish with updating the bye weeks, are they no? Shirley just a quick database update, I'd have thought.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342629/article/debate-who-is-mike-evans-best-nfl-comparison

• Evans like a bigger Randy Moss
    Evans has hands that are almost as good as Calvin Johnson's. He just engulfs the ball. The scary thing about him is that he's just learning how to play football. Coming out of college, he is better than Brandon Marshall. If he works like he has in the past, his upside is unlimited. Evans reminds me of Randy Moss. He's a little stockier than Moss, but both guys are really good athletes who can get to the second level. Evans has a chance to be the best wide receiver in this draft.

• Marshall fits, but Jeffery fits better
    Marshall is good comparison for Evans -- they have similar body types, and their height and wingspan give them a "catch radius" that any QB would appreciate. But my comparison for Evans is actually Marshall's running mate with the Bears, Alshon Jeffery. Again, their body types and "catch radius" are comparable, and I think Evans fits Jeffery's style better. Both have good, aggressive route running, and how they use their bodies to "wall off" defenders and go up and get the ball in any situation is very similar.

• Evans' jump-ball ability just like Jeffery's
    Evans is probably the best receiver in this draft at going up and getting those 50-50 balls. When I see him do that, and he did it often with Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M, it reminds me of Brandon Marshall's teammate, Alshon Jeffery, who had a breakout season last year. Evans is a little bigger, but both can go up and get the ball with the concentration at the point of attack needed to play big and haul it in.

He'd get plenty of red zone looks I suppose. But the niners last year where 32nd in pass attempts, 32nd in pass completions, 30th pass yards, 24th in completion %, 23rd in pass TDs.

Obviously you go after an Evans to improve those stats, but I wouldn't expect a massive change in the teams philosophy even with Gore coming to the end soon. I hope Evans ends up just about anywhere else...maybe except the Raiders and Jets.

They'll use him and they'll maybe look to pass more with Gore getting old. But I doubt it'll be enough to where he can be as productive as he could be on most other teams. I'd much prefer to see the Buccs sit and take him at 7.

I'm already putting Watkins and Evans as WR9 and WR10 in dynasty.

I would find it very hard to put any dynasty WR rookie straight into the top 10.

Edited by Lt.Speirs

I'd stick them in the same tier as Floyd, Patterson and Allen. But I wouldn't trade Watkins/Evans straight up for any of those 3, i'd have them ahead.

Sterling Archer

I'm less high on Evans but more or less agree with that.

Anyone got any bold draft predictions?

Not that bold, but Texans to take Bridgewater with their 2nd pick. Albeit they might need to move up a couple of spots into the end of the 1st round, to prevent the Jags jumping ahead of them.

And the Titans to try and get Bortles. Either trading up for Oaklands 5th overall, or if he falls to them at 11.

Bold/fantasy land.

The actual top 6 draft order will turn out to be:

1. Falcons

2. Texans

3. Lions

4. Bills

5. Vikings

6. Rams

Falcons go all in again, this time on Clowney.

Rams are wanting to move down, so the Texans can trade back up relatively cheap and maybe come out of the two trades up a 2015 1st and land Mack.

Lions GM is under pressure,play offs a must for him to keep his job. So goes all in on a Stafford/Calvin/Watkins/Tate/Reggie Bush offense. pays 1.10 and 2015 1st to move up for Watkins.

Browns want Carr, know they can move back and still land him..but don't want to risk waiting until their other 1st. Bills need OT and OG, move up for Robinson who could play either.

Raiders are supposedly keen to get more picks and will look to trade back. Vikings moving up will give them the pick of QBs in this scenario. They'd take Bortles.

Rams have options. Can go Matthews or Evans, and can even consider Manziel, depending on what the Vikings do. They take Evans

And just to fill out the rest of the top 10

7 Tampa - Manziel

8 Raiders - Matthews

9 Browns - Derek Carr

10 Jaguars - Anthony Barr

Geoff Kilpatrick

Carr at 9? No effin danger!

If the Browns have any sense, they will stick pat at 4 and take Watkins. There is no way he is going in the top 3 picks.

From what I've read, Carr is terrible. But this is the Browns after all, they have a boat load of picks and will find a way of messing this up.

But he's being mocked to the Browns @ 4 more and more as the draft approaches. Seems to be a lot of talk about them just taking him early. It makes more sense to trade down, or take Watkins and grab Carr with their late 1st and maybe move up a few spots from their if need be. If they just take him @ 4 though :facepalm:

Sterling Archer

The first QB won't go till Pick 7 to TB

Clowney

Robinson

Mack

Watkins

Matthews

Donald

Manziel

Evans

Bortles

Will be the top 9, though not in that order

Edited by Sterling Archer

I think we will stick at no. 1 and take Clowney (although has been recent speculation re Mack). Seems to be less potential for us trading down, since that would likely have then been to take a QB. Lots of question marks about all of the top QBs and I think any of those touted as top prospects could still fall to round 2. We may even wait later and take someone like Savage or McCarron.

There won't be a QB taken in the top 10 picks.

I don't have a lot of confidence in this prediction to be honest :lol: as there's always going to be one team, at least, looking for a quick QB fix, but it wouldn't surprise me that much.

rossthejambo

Think the Vikings will take the first QB at 8. Who they'll pick I've no idea but I fancy them to be the first to take one.

Sterling Archer

Just looking at byes properly, not sure who plays me in week 4 in K1 but I'm missing

AJ green

Josh Gordon

Percy Harvin

KennyBritt

And potentially Watkins if he goes to the rams or browns

Sterling Archer

On and for Larry, it's worse for me in K2 than you led me to believe

Missing

Gio Bernard

D Thomas

Patterson

Hopkins

Jimmy Graham

Week 4: Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams

Week 5: Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders

Week 6: Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints

Week 7: Philadelphia Eagles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 8: New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers

Week 9: Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans

Week 10: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins

Week 11: Baltimore Orioles, Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets

Week 12: Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers

Sterling Archer

That's strange? They were all showing as 0 last week. Surprised they've changed but not been updated

Seymour M Hersh

Because someone double-booked the venue, I believe.

Is it being guest organised by the SFA? :teehee:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to a list of three: Bears, Giants, Steelers.

Though HBO have denied that report, I would love to see the Steelers or Bears on Hard Knocks :woot:

Sterling Archer

Jags GM would be surprised if Blackmon plays in 2014 :sob:

Lt.Speirs

Jags GM would be surprised if Blackmon plays in 2014 :sob:

Bollocks , for kb1.

What would you want for him at this point in picks?

Straight swap for Davone Bess? I'd throw in Titus Young, but he has disappeared...

Sterling Archer

He's worth a hundred million Davone's.

I'd give a mid 2nd

Isaac Clarke

He's worth a hundred million Davone's.

I'd give a mid 2nd

I'd give a high 2nd.

If I had a high 2nd.

Lt.Speirs

I wouldn't give him up for second, unless it was high and a twelve team league. My team's should be deep enough to be competitive. I'd be more than Likely move a TE for a WR or RB.