Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

I got shafted on that Starks trade...

:muggy:

I couldn't believe you were willing to give up on Gates tbh.

I'd like to say the Murray trade is still to pan out but I do regret doing it tbh. He pretty much needs to finish top 5 and my next years pick be late again for it to be ok.

Sterling Archer

Gates is top 4 when healthy and should be good for the next 2 years at least. He's effectively my WR5 and to get him for Starksonabike and Gettis was fantastic.

Still think Gettis could work out though.

Gates is top 4 when healthy and should be good for the next 2 years at least. He's effectively my WR5 and to get him for Starksonabike and Gettis was fantastic.

Still think Gettis could work out though.

Aye, I bought Starks at his highest value on the back of those playoff performamces. I think he's got the ability to do much better, but not in his current role at GB.

With Newton looking good, I think Gettis might turn out to be a great pick up.

Sterling Archer

Aye, I bought Starks at his highest value on the back of those playoff performamces. I think he's got the ability to do much better, but not in his current role at GB.

With Newton looking good, I think Gettis might turn out to be a great pick up.

Similarly I think Rashad Jennings could have value, Deji Karim never built on his good start and established himself.

At the time I really needed RBs but now Id probably have the WR

Was always going to reject that initial trade. Then I came up with something (Winslow, Moeaki and a 1st rounder) but I still didn't feel right even offering that back. Nothing is a sure thing in FF, but Jason Witten giving you solid numbers every season is as close as you're gonna get. As I said in my rejection reply, it would take a deal too good to turn down to part with him.

Really interesting to see how the trades have gone, hopefully we'll get more in the next few weeks too as it makes it even better.

Good

27. Queensferry Dolphins / Jambo Broncos Trade

Queensferry Dolphins gave up Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins;Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins;Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins

Jambo Broncos gave up Wayne, Reggie IND WR

28. Corstorphine Steelers / Jambo Broncos Trade

Corstorphine Steelers gave up Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Corstorphine Steelers

Jambo Broncos gave up Gibson, Brandon STL WR; Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Bad

29. Jambo Broncos / Kaunas Buckeyes Trade

Jambo Broncos gave up Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Kaunas Buckeyes gave up Decker, Eric DEN WR;Douglas, Harry ATL WR;Edelman, Julian NEP WR;Moeaki, Tony KCC TE; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes;Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes;Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes;Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos;Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes;Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

32. Kaunas Buckeyes / Jambo Broncos Trade

Kaunas Buckeyes gave up Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Jambo Broncos gave up Tolbert, Mike SDC RB; Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos;Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Looking back the Bowe one was a bit of a nightmare, especially when it was only the first round pick that was any value and it was always going to be at the end of the first round. Moeaki getting injured didn't help though and Edelman might do alright if he would actually get a chance once in a while. I thought Decker had potential but he turned out better than I hoped. In lots of ways my biggest regret was not including Antonio Brown instead of Douglas or Edelman.

The trade could turn out even worse if Bowe goes somewhere better than the Chiefs.

The Tolbert one was bad too as essentially it was for a very late second rounder. He would have been a valuable player for me to still have.

Wait and see

5. Jambo Broncos / Team, I am disappoint. Trade

Jambo Broncos gave up Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes;Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes;Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Team, I am disappoint. gave up Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

6. Jambo Broncos / Team, I am disappoint. Trade

Jambo Broncos gave up Brown, Donald IND RB;Thomas, Daniel MIA RB;Keller, Dustin NYJ TE; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos;Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Team, I am disappoint. gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Winslow, Kellen TBB TE

Still worried I've given up too much for McFadden :( My team probably rests on his shoulders now, not good for an injury prone player.

Was always going to reject that initial trade. Then I came up with something (Winslow, Moeaki and a 1st rounder) but I still didn't feel right even offering that back. Nothing is a sure thing in FF, but Jason Witten giving you solid numbers every season is as close as you're gonna get. As I said in my rejection reply, it would take a deal too good to turn down to part with him.

Will have a think about it and might send you an offer, see if anything can get done, although I understand why you would want quite a bit for Witten.

For those teams looking for a QB, I would be willing to listen to offers for Romo. Although it would need to be a very good one. Would be interesting to see what people would offer for him.

In the same way, Victor Cruz might be available too.

For those teams looking for a QB, I would be willing to listen to offers for Romo. Although it would need to be a very good one. Would be interesting to see what people would offer for him.

In the same way, Victor Cruz might be available too.

Romo for Witten?

whistling.gif

biggrin.gif

Romo for Witten?

whistling.gif

biggrin.gif

As tempting as that might be, I think I might have to pass :P

Talking of QB's, I read this

According to ESPN NFL Business Analyst Andrew Brandt, it will cost the Colts $50.5 million to keep Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck on the roster in 2012.

Manning's option is $28 million in addition to a $7.4 million salary while the No. 1 overall pick will receive approximately $15.1 million in bonus plus salary in 2012.

Surely that means Manning will be somewhere else next season.

Sterling Archer

Strong rumours linking Matt Flynn with Miami.

:interesting:

Yeah because of Philbin.

I was really hoping Philbin would end up in Tampa so he could try and bring Freemans fantasy value back around.

Sterling Archer

No offers for my TEs.

:sob:

Personally if I was in the market for a TE then I'd want Pettigrew, guys top 8 easily with potential to improve further. Also far less risk than Fred the ped.

I'd be interested in Pettigrew...I suspect you'd want too much though.

I wouldn't say I want too much, but if the offer you made and then revoked is what you value him at, then we're way off.

Steamers - I was going to make a counter offer but I couldn't really see anything. I don't need another 100-150 point WR, and the lack of draft picks available made it hard for me to make a counter.

Nessies, any thoughts on that email I sent you?

A bit too rich for my tastes at this stage though that may change as we approach the Combine/Draft. I'm certainly in no hurry to get anything done but that's probably because I love the draft so much :lol:

Steamers - I was going to make a counter offer but I couldn't really see anything. I don't need another 100-150 point WR, and the lack of draft picks available made it hard for me to make a counter.

Fair dues. Not gonna offer much more than what I did for someone like him.

Fair dues. Not gonna offer much more than what I did for someone like him.

Aye, that seems to be the standard of offer I'll get. I'd be far better keeping Davis/Pettigrew than accepting that for them.

There's no reason to think they'll be worse than they were last season, both are solid TEs. But WR2/3 depth and late draft picks are no good to me.

Sterling Archer

Aye, that seems to be the standard of offer I'll get. I'd be far better keeping Davis/Pettigrew than accepting that for them.

There's no reason to think they'll be worse than they were last season, both are solid TEs. But WR2/3 depth and late draft picks are no good to me.

Agreed. I can't think what I'd offer you, I'd say Pettigrew is worth a 1.11-1.16 plus a prospect/ late pick. Would that get it done (not saying I'm interested).

I'd be curious to know which players the guys with a top 3 pick would accept in a straight swap, I think it'd be shorter than you expect.

Agreed. I can't think what I'd offer you, I'd say Pettigrew is worth a 1.11-1.16 plus a prospect/ late pick. Would that get it done (not saying I'm interested).

Aye, something like that. Mabye a bottom half 1st round or a couple 2nd/3rd round picks and a RB/WR with a little promise.

If someone needs a TE, Davis or Pettigrew would be a solid play without getting you the Gronk/Graham numbers, but you're not paying top money for them either. I'm willing to give up one (or both, depending on the deals) to give me some depth around my squad. Considered using them as a sweetener in a deal for a QB but never made the offers.

Sterling Archer

Aye, something like that. Mabye a bottom half 1st round or a couple 2nd/3rd round picks and a RB/WR with a little promise.

If someone needs a TE, Davis or Pettigrew would be a solid play without getting you the Gronk/Graham numbers, but you're not paying top money for them either. I'm willing to give up one (or both, depending on the deals) to give me some depth around my squad. Considered using them as a sweetener in a deal for a QB but never made the offers.

What often gets forgotten in deals is who the team can get to replace him.

1.11 to 1.16 gets you one of these, yes a lot still have a long way to go but guys like Pettigrew give you less risk.

1.11 11. Inver Nessies Baldwin, Jon KCC WR ® Wed May 4 5:37:16 p.m. ET 2011 41.90

1.12 12. Team, I am disappoint. Leshoure, Mikel DET RB ® Wed May 4 5:44:30 p.m. ET 2011 -

1.13 13. Melbourne Patriots Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB ® Wed May 4 5:48:07 p.m. ET 2011 139.06

1.14 14. Saughton Seahawks Smith, Torrey BAL WR ® Wed May 4 5:58:47 p.m. ET 2011 155.30

1.15 15. Kaunas Buckeyes Cobb, Randall GBP WR ® Thu May 5 5:01:01 a.m. ET 2011 62.5

1.16 16. Cleveland Steamers Hunter, Kendall SFO RB ® Thu May 5 1:07:28 p.m. ET 2011 86.80

It's especially true with QBs who I find very hard to trade in this league. Outside of the top 3-5 no one really holds much value. The top 3-5 are basically untradeable and everyone else is so close together that you rarely see players moved.

That shouldn't be the case as much in a 16 team league where not everyone has a good qb but it seems to be. People would rather take a Daniel Thomas or Roy Helu than get a top 12 Qb. With the importance of QB in our league I think it's nuts.

My 2013 first??

EDIT: I'd be willing to trade Vick given the right offer aswell.

Edited by JamboTaylor

Sterling Archer

My 2013 first??

EDIT: I'd be willing to trade Vick given the right offer aswell.

He said bottom half ::troll:::'>

My 2013 first??

That's Larry's pick, and that'll most likely be in the last 4 of the 1st round. I'd want something added to that to justify a trade.

Made a couple of counter-offers and then revoked just incase one was accepted. That's where I am.

My last one is about as much as I can go. Definitely can't offer you the 1.06 or the 10.8 in any deal.

My last one is about as much as I can go. Definitely can't offer you the 1.06 or the 10.8 in any deal.

Basically a 2nd and 3rd you've offered. Wouldn't accept that.

What often gets forgotten in deals is who the team can get to replace him.

1.11 to 1.16 gets you one of these, yes a lot still have a long way to go but guys like Pettigrew give you less risk.

1.11 11. Inver Nessies Baldwin, Jon KCC WR ® Wed May 4 5:37:16 p.m. ET 2011 41.90

1.12 12. Team, I am disappoint. Leshoure, Mikel DET RB ® Wed May 4 5:44:30 p.m. ET 2011 -

1.13 13. Melbourne Patriots Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB ® Wed May 4 5:48:07 p.m. ET 2011 139.06

1.14 14. Saughton Seahawks Smith, Torrey BAL WR ® Wed May 4 5:58:47 p.m. ET 2011 155.30

1.15 15. Kaunas Buckeyes Cobb, Randall GBP WR ® Thu May 5 5:01:01 a.m. ET 2011 62.5

1.16 16. Cleveland Steamers Hunter, Kendall SFO RB ® Thu May 5 1:07:28 p.m. ET 2011 86.80

It's especially true with QBs who I find very hard to trade in this league. Outside of the top 3-5 no one really holds much value. The top 3-5 are basically untradeable and everyone else is so close together that you rarely see players moved.

That shouldn't be the case as much in a 16 team league where not everyone has a good qb but it seems to be. People would rather take a Daniel Thomas or Roy Helu than get a top 12 Qb. With the importance of QB in our league I think it's nuts.

I'm not sure I get the Helu example. I was happy to get him as the 10th pick, and there were certainly no top 12 Quarterbacks available at that point. Since getting him, I've had a number of offers for him, most of which I wouldn't have accepted for Gradowski, never mind a decent QB!

Bottom half first round pick, like you asked for :ninja:

I offered that too, apparently that's not what he actually wants.

Unless I'm getting confused to what "bottom half" means...

Bottom half first round pick, like you asked for :ninja:

Very bottom, but with something more added on.

Thought about going Buckeye's 1st, 3rd Round and Lewis.

I offered that too, apparently that's not what he actually wants.

Unless I'm getting confused to what "bottom half" means...

A bad 2013 pick and Fells is what you offered.

A bad 2013 pick and Fells is what you offered.

You asked for a bottom-half first round pick.

I offered a likely bottom-half first round pick.

You asked for a bottom-half first round pick.

I offered a likely bottom-half first round pick.

Bottom half first round and a player showing promise. That's what I said in my post.

e- I'm not going to give up a TE that pulled in 150 points this season, and is likely to do at least that next year, for something that won't improve my team at all for next season.

There's no chance you'd accept it in my position, so don't make out that I'm being difficult.

Edited by P-Dizzle

Very bottom, but with something more added on.

Thought about going Buckeye's 1st, 3rd Round and Lewis.

I might do that, let me have a wee think. I'm pretty sure Lewis will bounce back next year..he definitely will if I trade him.

Sterling Archer

I'm not sure I get the Helu example. I was happy to get him as the 10th pick, and there were certainly no top 12 Quarterbacks available at that point. Since getting him, I've had a number of offers for him, most of which I wouldn't have accepted for Gradowski, never mind a decent QB!

I meant that the sort of offers you typically get for a QB at that level are 1.10 and later picks which would only get you a high risk player. It wasn't a reflection on Helu himself more the sort of offers you get for good QBs.

Bottom half first round and a player showing promise. That's what I said in my post.

e- I'm not going to give up a TE that pulled in 150 points this season, and is likely to do at least that next year, for something that won't improve my team at all for next season.

There's no chance you'd accept it in my position, so don't make out that I'm being difficult.

I'm not saying you're being difficult! :facepalm:

That was what you said you wanted...unless I read the wrong post.

Mabye a bottom half 1st round or a couple 2nd/3rd round picks and a RB/WR with a little promise

I thought that meant you'd want a bottom half first OR a couple 2nd/3rd round picks and a RB/WR with a little promise.

I guess I did read it wrong...

Edited by JamboTaylor

I meant that the sort of offers you typically get for a QB at that level are 1.10 and later picks which would only get you a high risk player. It wasn't a reflection on Helu himself more the sort of offers you get for good QBs.

Fair dues. I have never had an offer for any of my QBs (other than a deal last season for Bradford). But as I say, the offers I have had for Helu are a long, long way short of anything near even a low 1st rounder.

As has been said on here before, people seem to be placing far, far too much value on draft picks in our league. As, of course, is their right.

Poorly worded, admittedly. But yeah, something bottom half 1st and a prospect. Maybe a couple of 2nds instead. Not strictly that, but along those lines.

Fair dues. I have never had an offer for any of my QBs (other than a deal last season for Bradford). But as I say, the offers I have had for Helu are a long, long way short of anything near even a low 1st rounder.

As has been said on here before, people seem to be placing far, far too much value on draft picks in our league. As, of course, is their right.

IMO, it's the idea that you get it right and draft someone great. People like the anticipation, and it's almost gone the other way in that the prospect of getting the next big thing has overvalued the draft picks.

Edited by P-Dizzle

Sterling Archer

True, you picked Helu at 1.10 when he was considered a big risk, last year he outperformed expectations greatly so unless it looks like he'll be out the league in a year you'd expect atleast that pick back.

IMO, it's the idea that you get it right and draft someone great. People like the anticipation, and it's almost gone the other way in that the prospect of getting the next big thing has overvalued the draft picks.

Yup, I agree. The facts are, though, most picks turn out pretty disappointing.

Sterling Archer

It was written somewhere else but it's true, nobody wants to "be the guy that" trades away Richardson/ Luck/ etc and get rookie fever. That's why I wanted to know what players would get a top 3 pick straight up.