**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

:lol: This.

How long do we want to give Gordon before making the pick?

9 oclock tonight so we can get a few picks in tonight. I would then put in a timescale of 1 day max ongoing.

Edited by The man in black

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

:lol: This.

How long do we want to give Gordon before making the pick?

Not sure.

Seems harsh to force it.

Everybody who is picking next seems to be checking this site fairly regularly so we could wait until tomorrow before flying through the next 10 or so picks.

Plus if you force it tonight and it comes to my pick after 7pm, those after me will all be waiting until 2-3pm tomorrow anyway as I've got work tonight. But to be fair there are 5 picks (including two of yours) still to be made before mine.

Sterling Archer

9 oclock tonight so we can get a few picks in tonight. I would then put in a timescale of 1 day max ongoing.

I think you're right, I will just move to a 24hr time limit. Noone has come close to using that before now so I don't see it being an issue. I'll set it so it just takes the best guy based on ADP when the clock expires.

Sterling Archer

Not sure.

Seems harsh to force it.

Everybody who is picking next seems to be checking this site fairly regularly so we could wait until tomorrow before flying through the next 10 or so picks.

Plus if you force it tonight and it comes to my pick after 7pm, those after me will all be waiting until 2-3pm tomorrow anyway as I've got work tonight. But to be fair there are 5 picks (including two of yours) still to be made before mine.

If you fill in the my draft list section or send me a list of guys I could pick the highest guy left for you if it gets to your pick? Even if we got 5 picks done today that would be progress. I think I worked out we need an average of around 3-4 a day to finish in time.

Rick Grimes

We'll do three or four a day easily. Don't particularly like setting a time limit on it tho - maybe just for repeat offenders :laugh:

If you fill in the my draft list section or send me a list of guys I could pick the highest guy left for you if it gets to your pick? Even if we got 5 picks done today that would be progress. I think I worked out we need an average of around 3-4 a day to finish in time.

Done mate, should be interesting which one I get when I wake up tomorrow.

Sterling Archer

We'll do three or four a day easily. Don't particularly like setting a time limit on it tho - maybe just for repeat offenders :laugh:

Well we'll just do what we've done here, I won't change to an official timer, just discuss it if someone goes over 24 hours and decide from there.

Rick Grimes

think someone already said, but if you're two or so away from being on the clock its easy enough to have a rank of a few players on your list ready in case. pretty sure Gordon was on the site when he was only a pick away.

I'll just have to destroy him opening week to teach him a lesson ;)

Edited by jam tartan

Sterling Archer

Pick made, if he gets back to me all of a sudden he can change it to someone that's left but he's now got the top TE prospect for the future.

Sterling Archer

Done my pick, Inver nessies on the clock.

Curious to know who your WR1 is. Probably the same as mine!

Sterling Archer

Is he young and in his second year?

No woot.gif I do have a couple of guys like that quite high up on my rankings though.

There are still plenty of WR's I would quite like. Kind of regretting using both my first round and second round on WR's

No woot.gif I do have a couple of guys like that quite high up on my rankings though.

mmmm Interesting.

Sterling Archer

mmmm Interesting.

We're probably pretty similar in our rankings at this point.

Sterling Archer

There are still plenty of WR's I would quite like. Kind of regretting using both my first round and second round on WR's

If you don't want him I'd be happy to take Fitz off your hands woot.gif

What kind of deal would you like for fitz? if anything.

Edited by The man in black

Fitzgerald isn't going anywhere. :lol:

I'm just regretting taking Marshall instead of a talented RB. I think I can quite easily still get a WR2 and WR3 I'd be happy with, but there aren't many RB2 I am looking at.

Fitzgerald isn't going anywhere. :lol:

I'm just regretting taking Marshall instead of a talented RB. I think I can quite easily still get a WR2 and WR3 I'd be happy with, but there aren't many RB2 I am looking at.

Cool mate i was going to grab a WR a little quicker, but i couldnt resist having Gore, Greene and Turner as my running backs.

Sterling Archer

Cool mate i was going to grab a WR a little quicker, but i couldnt resist having Gore, Greene and Turner as my running backs.

Love Gore this year, that O-Line is going to be awesome and it's not like he wasn't top 5 before.

Sorted for starting Running Backs then :blink: An Impressive trio :thumbsup:

Love Gore this year, that O-Line is going to be awesome and it's not like he wasn't top 5 before.

Really like the look of san fran this year myself.

Sterling Archer

Heard from Gordon just before ten tonight, it's fate that it would happen shortly after making the pick. I've offered him the chance to change his pick as we did before. Waiting to hear back.

To avoid problems like this in the future it'd be great if everyone could fill in the contact info section on the league site, note how to do that is on page 8 of this thread. Apologies again to Gordon and hope we can move on from here.

Sterling Archer

Just posted this on the league messageboard but for those that don't look at it:

All,

After the issues we've had recently with drafting I'm proposing that we use an unofficial 24 hour time limit per pick.

As was mentioned in the Kickback thread if you see you're pick is coming up then you can use the pre draft features to set up a couple of possible selections.

If you're on the clock and feel that you'll be unable to make your selection within the time then please contact me and let me know. If I don't hear from you then the pick will be made for you, If I hear back then we can come to some sort of decision.

Thanks

Thats a quality back field mate. I think Gore and Greene will be in the top 5 rushers in the league this year, I was close to taking Greene when I had the chance but decided against it.

Sterling Archer

Thats a quality back field mate. I think Gore and Greene will be in the top 5 rushers in the league this year, I was close to taking Greene when I had the chance but decided against it.

Think Invernessies was looking to sort out a trade with you before picking, are you likely to be on the clock soon or is that trade not going to happen?

Not quite so high on Greene (because of LT :ermm: I KNOW!) but love Gore and really like Turner this year (he was on pace for HUGE numbers again before his injury).

Think Invernessies was looking to sort out a trade with you before picking, are you likely to be on the clock soon or is that trade not going to happen?

Not quite so high on Greene (because of LT :ermm: I KNOW!) but love Gore and really like Turner this year (he was on pace for HUGE numbers again before his injury).

Trade is a no go mate. I've decided to bide my time dont think trading up would benefit me as much as I first thoght.

I had Gore in the ESPN league last year and he was a monster and like you said behind the O-Line he's going to be even better.

Safe to say no one will beat that for a trio!

To avoid problems like this in the future it'd be great if everyone could fill in the contact info section on the league site, note how to do that is on page 8 of this thread. Apologies again to Gordon and hope we can move on from here.

Done. Good idea with the pre draft list, even if it makes it all the more painful when the ones you really want go flying off the list!

Sterling Archer

Trade is a no go mate. I've decided to bide my time dont think trading up would benefit me as much as I first thoght.

I had Gore in the ESPN league last year and he was a monster and like you said behind the O-Line he's going to be even better.

Cool, didn't think Invernessies would take a WR and I'd hoped to get two. Was worrying slightly that you might move up and nab one!

Delighted I got both my guys. I think one of them was probably Scott's WR1 :thumbsup:.

Cool, didn't think Invernessies would take a WR and I'd hoped to get two. Was worrying slightly that you might move up and nab one!

Delighted I got both my guys. I think one of them was probably Scott's WR1 :thumbsup:.

Gutted you took Bryant mate thought I was going to be able to pick him up with my next pick!!!! :geek:

With the run of Best, Bryant and Nicks, that's the three players I was picking between before I wimped out and picked Boldin :blink:

Sterling Archer

Gutted you took Bryant mate thought I was going to be able to pick him up with my next pick!!!! :geek:

Didn't want to risk losing out on him. Don't expect much from him this year but that's kind of the way I've built my team so far, good but not great this year.

Sterling Archer

With the run of Best, Bryant and Nicks, that's the three players I was picking between before I wimped out and picked Boldin :blink:

I think Nicks will be HUGE this year. Guy played with a broken foot all of last year and was still awesome.

Sterling Archer

Very young and talented team Donnie :thumbsup: You must be delighted with the way the drafts went for you so far.

Only if they all hit! Lot of risk with the players I'm picking. There's a lot to be said for taking guys that have done it before.

Sorry guys, not sure what happened. Selected a list yesterday and I thought it would pick automatically. Just as well it didn't because I've just gotten up and list I made was scrambled. My number one preference was sitting somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, Forrester Thunder select Santana Moss, WR, Redskins.

I know this is a reach but of all the WRs available I felt for this year he was the smallest gamble. Despite playing for some poor passing teams throughout his career he has consistently posted numbers close to and over 1,000 receiving yards. Now with McNabb as his QB I should see very productive numbers for the next two years.

I nearly chose another WR on the theory that I could probably wait till the next round to grab Moss, but in the end I didn't want to take the chance. The rest of my WRs on my list are young guys and, as I don't know as much about them, there not much to for me to separate them. So I'm happy to wait and see which of them is still available.

Sterling Archer

Sorry guys, not sure what happened. Selected a list yesterday and I thought it would pick automatically. Just as well it didn't because I've just gotten up and list I made was scrambled. My number one preference was sitting somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, Forrester Thunder select Santana Moss, WR, Redskins.

I know this is a reach but of all the WRs available I felt for this year he was the smallest gamble. Despite playing for some poor passing teams throughout his career he has consistently posted numbers close to and over 1,000 receiving yards. Now with McNabb as his QB I should see very productive numbers for the next two years.

I nearly chose another WR on the theory that I could probably wait till the next round to grab Moss, but in the end I didn't want to take the chance. The rest of my WRs on my list are young guys and, as I don't know as much about them, there not much to for me to separate them. So I'm happy to wait and see which of them is still available.

I was having trouble getting on this morning, something about a server, maybe something happened? Seeing as we only got to your pick today I thought I'd leave you to do it rather than making it for you. Wasn't sure who you wanted from the list.

If you prepare a pre-draft list that doesn't automatically make the pick. To make a pick you have to go to draft and then enter your selections there. Should be info on this in the helpcentre.

Like the pick but I'd be worried about the drug case and what that could mean for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Report-Santana-Moss-linked-to-doctor-in-HGH-pro?urn=nfl,242514

Only if they all hit! Lot of risk with the players I'm picking. There's a lot to be said for taking guys that have done it before.

Bryant's a big gamble, especially for this year. A lot of experts are fancying him to possibly beat out Roy Williams for the number two receiver but I don't think it's as cut-and-dried as they're making out. Williams does have the talent and there is little chance that he can play even worse than he did last year. What's encouraging is that he's held his hands up a couple of times and admits he's not doing enough. QBs have to trust their wideouts and last year, what Williams was giving, barely got close to achieving that.

I still fancy Bryant to make some big plays next year, if he does they might be likely to cut Williams (regardless of improvement) to free up some money to offer Austin a long term contract. So for future seasons this could be a good pick.

I was having trouble getting on this morning, something about a server, maybe something happened? Seeing as we only got to your pick today I thought I'd leave you to do it rather than making it for you. Wasn't sure who you wanted from the list.

If you prepare a pre-draft list that doesn't automatically make the pick. To make a pick you have to go to draft and then enter your selections there. Should be info on this in the helpcentre.

Like the pick but I'd be worried about the drug case and what that could mean for him.

http://sports.yahoo....HGH-pro?urn=nfl,242514

Ok... never saw that! Hope to christ it's just paper talk.

Sterling Archer

Bryant's a big gamble, especially for this year. A lot of experts are fancying him to possibly beat out Roy Williams for the number two receiver but I don't think it's as cut-and-dried as they're making out. Williams does have the talent and there is little chance that he can play even worse than he did last year. What's encouraging is that he's held his hands up a couple of times and admits he's not doing enough. QBs have to trust their wideouts and last year, what Williams was giving, barely got close to achieving that.

I still fancy Bryant to make some big plays next year, if he does they might be likely to cut Williams (regardless of improvement) to free up some money to offer Austin a long term contract. So for future seasons this could be a good pick.

Totally agree, Bryant played next to no football last year, can't expect him to just come in and get on with it, Rookie WR's rarely do. It's said to be the 2nd hardest position to learn between college and the NFL, behind QB.

Williams should be safe as no 2 this year.

Decided to go for Brent Celek. Was going to go for Bryant or Jones but both went in the picks just before my pick.

Happy with Celek though think he should post good numbers and should build up a good understanding with Kolb

Sterling Archer

Decided to go for Brent Celek. Was going to go for Bryant or Jones but both went in the picks just before my pick.

Happy with Celek though think he should post good numbers and should build up a good understanding with Kolb

Glad I took Bryant when I did then, spoke to Jim before his pick about the trade and he was close to accepting it.

In Kolb's two games last year Celek had over 100yrds and a TD, good move.

EDIT: Turns out it was the other corstorphine team that was looking to move up.

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Sterling Archer

Looks like that's us done for the day. Geoff's on the clock and if he's in Melbourne it's just turned 00:10. Probably shouldn't expect anything until v.late tonight, tomorrow morning.

Good day of drafting.

Looks like that's us done for the day. Geoff's on the clock and if he's in Melbourne it's just turned 00:10. Probably shouldn't expect anything until v.late tonight, tomorrow morning.

Good day of drafting.

Yeah we've got through a fair few picks today. Managed to pick up Big Ben in the lastt round, delighted, I know he'll obviously be missing some game time this season but that should be me sorted a QB for years to come.

I think Nicks will be HUGE this year. Guy played with a broken foot all of last year and was still awesome.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Knew it fu..... knew it.

Sterling Archer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Knew it fu..... knew it.

Wasn't sure if it was him, maclin or britt that you wanted

Wasn't sure if it was him, maclin or britt that you wanted

I think he will do a Miles Austin this year, his stats for last year were fantastic.

Sterling Archer

Here's hoping, if he could have a season like Austins I'd be delighted.

Rick Grimes

relatively pleased so far... got 8 on my current watch list with 6 to choose ahead of me. next one might be a wee steal :)