**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

I've got 4 or so picks till I'm up. I'm looking into giving a little up to move onto the clock now, just to make sure I get my guy. There's still some great dynasty QB prospects out there, certain sex offenders included:whistling:

Yup like I said fingers crossed haha ;)

Edited by gibby

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

I've got 4 or so picks till I'm up. I'm looking into giving a little up to move onto the clock now, just to make sure I get my guy. There's still some great dynasty QB prospects out there, certain sex offenders included:whistling:

Yup like I said fingers crossed haha ;)

I'm keeping my eye on him as well. Would make a cracking back-up for the present and a franchise QB for the future.

His substance abusing former friend is still available as well, I see.

Sterling Archer

ame='gibby' date='22 June 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1277210665' post='1693712']

I'm keeping my eye on him as well. Would make a cracking back-up for the present and a franchise QB for the future.

His substance abusing former friend is still available as well, I see.

I won't be touching any Jets WR's unless they fall quite far. They're still very much a run first team and the problem with having three good WR's is there's usually not enough to go around. Dallas, NO and Indy being the exceptions.

I won't be touching any Jets WR's unless they fall quite far. They're still very much a run first team and the problem with having three good WR's is there's usually not enough to go around. Dallas, NO and Indy being the exceptions.

I think Mark Sanchez and the Jets could surprise a few people this year?!?! Obviously they will be a run first team but I dont know just a feeling I've got???

Indeed they have, I think Johnson is the value play in Washington though, they're all past it tbh. Ryan Torain's a sneaky option, he might surprise a few people (or he might do nothing).

Shanahan seems to have a lot of faith in Torain, when he was at Denver he was comparing him to Terrell Davis. It was just one injury after another which is a bit of a disaster for any running back.

I think Mark Sanchez and the Jets could surprise a few people this year?!?! Obviously they will be a run first team but I dont know just a feeling I've got???

Sanchez has a lot of things going for him, the recievers might not score consistently but with teams stacking up against the run, there's going to be a lot of space for Sanchez to exploit.

Sterling Archer

While I agree they'll be better I just don't think they will be good enough to present FF Value, taking into consideration where you would need to pick them to get them. If you see what I mean? Very few teams are good enough to have 2 or 3 good fantasy WR's and those teams don't have awesome running games.

Sterling Archer

Just finished doing my first draft of dynasty tiers, took me a while and no I won't be sharing yet. :lol:

Just finished doing my first draft of dynasty tiers, took me a while and no I won't be sharing yet. :lol:

I know I keep asking stupid questions, so why break a trend...What's a dynasty tier?

Sterling Archer

I know I keep asking stupid questions, so why break a trend...What's a dynasty tier?

One way of drafting is to rank all the players in order, although that can be difficult when you get lots of similar guys. In that case it's better to use tiers. E.g. Peterson, Johnson, rice and jones drew are tier 1 of rbs etc. So when you're on the clock you can more easily distinguish between players. Just anothe way of ranking.

One way of drafting is to rank all the players in order, although that can be difficult when you get lots of similar guys. In that case it's better to use tiers. E.g. Peterson, Johnson, rice and jones drew are tier 1 of rbs etc. So when you're on the clock you can more easily distinguish between players. Just anothe way of ranking.

I think you should give me an example of your list so I better understand :D

Sterling Archer

I think you should give me an example of your list so I better understand :D

I've also marked deeper prospects I want in gold, I'll remove those and then email it to you.

I've also marked deeper prospects I want in gold, I'll remove those and then email it to you.

You don't need to do that Donnie, I will feel guilty if I end up picking your targets. Maybe once the draft is done you can let me have a look though :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

You don't need to do that Donnie, I will feel guilty if I end up picking your targets. Maybe once the draft is done you can let me have a look though :thumbsup:

Email sent.

Email sent.

I can't open it anyway. This Laptop is an old one I borrowed from a mate and doesn't have Microsoft Excel. Your picks are safe for now. However I might forward it on and have it printed off for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Edited by bringbackjefferies

Sterling Archer

I can't open it anyway. This Laptop is an old one I borrowed from a mate and doesn't have Microsoft Excel. Your picks are safe for now. However I might forward it on and have it printed off for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

It's not really now that I'm that worried about. It's the guys later on and since I've removed all evidence I think I'm safe thumbsup.gif

It's not really now that I'm that worried about. It's the guys later on and since I've removed all evidence I think I'm safe thumbsup.gif

that's where I will be needing help I think, the last 10 rounds or so Is where my knowledge and research ends and I'm sure I'll end up picking some proper duds..Unless my good mate google comes to the rescue

Rick Grimes

a wee team name change whilst i wait... as i've said on the game board, i'm off on holiday from saturday but will be keeping an eye on the draft and will endeavour to make my picks as quick as possible. i'll stick together a list if i'm near to being on the clock, but i will probably be a bit slower than i am at picking right now.

hopefully i've built up enough leeway to not annoy you all too much! we do have about 10 weeks to get thru this anyway & i'd rather draft my own picks :)

Sterling Archer

Donnie, accepted your trade! thumbsup.gif

Just saw that, was thinking it's probably best to have someone look over any trades involving me in the same way I review trades, just to keep everything above board, of anyone is interested in doing this let me know.

a wee team name change whilst i wait... as i've said on the game board, i'm off on holiday from saturday but will be keeping an eye on the draft and will endeavour to make my picks as quick as possible. i'll stick together a list if i'm near to being on the clock, but i will probably be a bit slower than i am at picking right now.

hopefully i've built up enough leeway to not annoy you all too much! we do have about 10 weeks to get thru this anyway & i'd rather draft my own picks :)

Don't worry about it mate you're on holiday, as you said were moving pretty quickly. Make the picks when you can ad just let us know if you expect a wait, enjoy your holiday

I really wish everyone was as sad as me and checked this thing... oh I don't know, 6, 7, 8, 9 times... an hour. whistling.gif

We'd fly through it by the weekend.

Edited by ForresterJambo

Rick Grimes

I really wish everyone was as sad as me and checked this thing... oh I don't know, 6, 7, 8, 9 times... an hour. whistling.gif

if it helps bud.... i'm doing that at work as well as in the house (along with scouting reams of players who will never fall to me).

Are we also going to do another ESPN one this year?

Yes im going to set one up mid july, if your all interested. Will be doing an auction this time.

Sterling Archer

Yes im going to set one up mid july, if your all interested. Will be doing an auction this time.

Great idea, I'm in

Definitely, like the idea of doing an auction as well :thumbsup:

how does an auction work?

Everybody has $200 to spend on their 16 picks. Each turn somebody picks who is on auction and everyone who wants that guy starts to bid, Everytime a higher bid comes in the clock re sets itself to a 10second countdown until finally no one outbids and the high bid gets the player on auction.

So essentially there is no draft order, everybody has a shot at getting every single player. You have to obviously take into account the $200 limit, so If you buy the two top guys the rest of your team might not be very strong. ESPN do mock drafts so you can have a bit of practice when it gets closer to doing it. I enjoy this method of draft, and always seem to end up with a better squad than the normal snake drafts

Sterling Archer

Everybody has $200 to spend on their 16 picks. Each turn somebody picks who is on auction and everyone who wants that guy starts to bid, Everytime a higher bid comes in the clock re sets itself to a 10second countdown until finally no one outbids and the high bid gets the player on auction.

So essentially there is no draft order, everybody has a shot at getting every single player. You have to obviously take into account the $200 limit, so If you buy the two top guys the rest of your team might not be very strong. ESPN do mock drafts so you can have a bit of practice when it gets closer to doing it. I enjoy this method of draft, and always seem to end up with a better squad than the normal snake drafts

Could we make the money a bit higher, say 500 dollars, it won't change anything really as auctions are more about the percentages you spend on each area of your team

I'm in the same boat itching to get my next pick done!!!!! Where is GG haha :blink:

Sterling Archer

I'm in the same boat itching to get my next pick done!!!!! Where is GG haha :blink:

Same here. I've got 2 picks in the next 4 after a couple of trades. I emailed Gordon this morning but he's not been on the league site or Kickback for a few days. Not sure how to get in touch with him.

This is the advantage of a 24hour timer! :lol:

Sounds good to me mate

Nucky Thompson

I'm bored waiting, this sucks :down:

It's been a bit slow, one pick since the start of the working week <_<

Sterling Archer

It's been a bit slow, one pick since the start of the working week <_<

I know. I'm going out of my mind waiting :lol:

Maybe I should be sneaky and just pick for him :whistling:

I know. I'm going out of my mind waiting :lol:

Maybe I should be sneaky and just pick for him :whistling:

Aye slow this week like was hoping this was going to help me through my first week back at work :down::ermm::verymad:

I think we need to try and make use of the pre draft selection option more. I know its not really applicable now as the next guy to go "Queensferry Dolphins" hasn't been online for a while either..But It has happened in the past where someone has been online and waiting for the next pick so they can make theirs, It hasn't happened and then they have went offline for a period of time. I think In this situation It would keep things moving if the guy who has the pick after the current one, would use pre draft selection, select the guy they want, and then also select the guy they would want if their first choice gets taken.

Sterling Archer

I think we need to try and make use of the pre draft selection option more. I know its not really applicable now as the next guy to go "Queensferry Dolphins" hasn't been online for a while either..But It has happened in the past where someone has been online and waiting for the next pick so they can make theirs, It hasn't happened and then they have went offline for a period of time. I think In this situation It would keep things moving if the guy who has the pick after the current one, would use pre draft selection, select the guy they want, and then also select the guy they would want if their first choice gets taken.

This.

I'm available most of the time so don't usually use the pre draft. It's a good feature though. If everyone set up pre draft lists then I could go in and pick whoever was top of their list for them and speed things along.

How long do we wait before doing something?

This.

I'm available most of the time so don't usually use the pre draft. It's a good feature though. If everyone set up pre draft lists then I could go in and pick whoever was top of their list for them and speed things along.

How long do we wait before doing something?

this is the team who drafted New York Jets, So as punishment for making us wait Just draft them back to him :teehee:

I don't know, whatever you think is best. It's tough trying to figure out what position he would draft next as he has one QB one WR one RB, and everyone has their own ideas of how to go about it, he might be happy with Finley?

how much does Bye weeks affect your thinking? I know during a one off ESPN fantasy season it's quite big, but are you really concerned with it on dynasty leagues?

Sterling Archer

this is the team who drafted New York Jets, So as punishment for making us wait Just draft them back to him :teehee:

I don't know, whatever you think is best. It's tough trying to figure out what position he would draft next as he has one QB one WR one RB, and everyone has their own ideas of how to go about it, he might be happy with Finley?

I'd probably just let the system autopick for him, top 3 players are Steve Smith (car), Felix Jones and Finley. Finley would be the obvious choice taking into account age and injury status, will give him till tonight I think.

how much does Bye weeks affect your thinking? I know during a one off ESPN fantasy season it's quite big, but are you really concerned with it on dynasty leagues?

Not even looked at them to be honest, don't know if that's the best approach but when drafting in the top rounds I simply want the best guys, forget about byes until drafting back ups. I'd only ever use it to seperate guys I had as dead equals, I wouldn't base a decision on it, others may be different though.

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Didn't everyone give you a contact number when they signed up? I thought I did... didn't I?

If I'm talking pish then maybe it's an idea. I wouldn't mind a text to remind me when I've to pick.

Sterling Archer

Didn't everyone give you a contact number when they signed up? I thought I did... didn't I?

If I'm talking pish then maybe it's an idea. I wouldn't mind a text to remind me when I've to pick.

Nah I just asked for emails, there's a section on the site for contact details though so feel free to fill it in. I know of one person that has already. Means you can get those important trades done! :lol:

Nah I just asked for emails, there's a section on the site for contact details though so feel free to fill it in. I know of one person that has already. Means you can get those important trades done! :lol:

Where about on the site? I'm going to fill it out, set a good example and that.

Sterling Archer

Where about on the site? I'm going to fill it out, set a good example and that.

If you go into the 'for owners' bar at the top and select 'franchise setup', once that loads choose contact info and you can change it in there.

If you go into the 'for owners' bar at the top and select 'franchise setup', once that loads choose contact info and you can change it in there.

To be fair guys i`m queensferry dolphins and i`ve been online everyday logging in 8 or 9 times, i`ve been waiting for my turn for almost 2 days.

Done.

Sterling Archer

To be fair guys i`m queensferry dolphins and i`ve been online everyday logging in 8 or 9 times, i`ve been waiting for my turn for almost 2 days.

I know that. I don't think it's important that people log on every day, it's just important that people keep up to date with the draft updates so that they know when they're on the clock.

If I was you I'd be tearing my hair out right now.

Sterling Archer

If I was you I'd be tearing my hair out right now.

:lol: This.

How long do we want to give Gordon before making the pick?