**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

I just worry that if the guys aren't getting back to me now then it'll just be worse during the season.

I agree about 16 but we can only wait so long. I'll cover the extra 6quid or so they would have paid.

I'll split it with you if it comes to that then. I was thinking of putting next seasons money on it so I have the option of trading for next seasons draft anyway, so do mind putting up a few extra quid at the same time.

Edited by bringbackjefferies

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

I'll split it with you if it comes to that then. I was thinking of putting next seasons money on it so I have the option of trading for next seasons draft anyway, so do mind putting up a few extra quid at the same time.

Thanks for the offer, don't worry about it though. If you want to trade for next year you can make the trades and then send the money, I just won't approve them till I've got it.

Sterling Archer

Another person paid, adding in the guy currently on reserve gives us 15 assuming the others don't get back to me. Almost there!

Sterling Archer

THE DRAFT HAS BEGUN: DARTH EWING COLTS ARE ON THE CLOCK

Edited by The Holy Spirit

Big ChipButty

THE DRAFT HAS BEGUN: DARTH EWING COLTS ARE ON THE CLOCK

How will we get notified when it's our turn?

Cleveland Steamers now signed up.

I'm completely new to this, and since this weekend will be spent in an alcoholic blur watching my host nation beat Engerlund, I'm unsure when I will get time to fully read up all the rules...any tips??

Sterling Archer

Cleveland Steamers now signed up.

I'm completely new to this, and since this weekend will be spent in an alcoholic blur watching my host nation beat Engerlund, I'm unsure when I will get time to fully read up all the rules...any tips??

As there's a number of guys new to FF in the league this year I'll write up a sort of FAQ at some point today. I'll send it to everyone by email.

Sterling Archer

:woot:

I've been waiting weeks for this.

Me too! Glad we are now going.

Me too! Glad we are now going.

If I'm being completely honest, the first day and 19 hours of this draft have been a complete let down :teehee:

If I'm being completely honest, the first day and 19 hours of this draft have been a complete let down :teehee:

I'm picking 14th and when it's my turn, I'm waiting until 1st August for my first pick :D

Sterling Archer

I think there's 87 days till the season starts, there's a countdown on the league page. We've got to draft 375 players, things better speed up or we'll need to put a clock in place!

I reckon once the first few picks are done it will take off and be done reasonably quic, as everyone will get into it and be checking up on it each day.

Edited by bringbackjefferies

Sterling Archer

I reckon once the first few picks are done it will take off and be done reasonably quic, as everyone will get into it and be checking up on it each day.

that's the hope, I would have thought the first four picks should be straight forward.

Sterling Archer

And we're off!

1.01 Darth Ewing Colts select Chris Johnson, RB.

Corstorphine Cowboys on the clock.

Sterling Archer

I was contemplating picking up Vince Young as a bit of a wildcard selection, but no doubt he will miss a few games as a result of this dose of handbags...

Hook 'em Horns...

Yeah doesn't look good for him. Maybe worth a late round pick up but once a dumbass always a dumbass.

Sterling Archer

We're rolling now!

1.02 Corstorphine Cowboys select Adrian Peterson, RB.

1.03 Melbourne Patriots select Maurice Jones-Drew, RB

1.04 Prestonpans Pirates select Peyton Manning, QB

Corstorphine Steelers on the clock.

Looking at PP's pick(Manning) He did this through his Pre draft list. Now I actually thought this was just a tool to build a shortlist of possible targets and didn't realise that the choice would be made for you based on the list. So I would say be careful to others who might have used it, I've deleted mine.

Sterling Archer

As long as you be sure to include all available players in your order then you should be fine. Like if I'm at 7 and had inlcuded Adrian Peterson even though I didn't think he'd be there. Should only be an issue if you assume certain people will be gone.

Sterling Archer

Ahh ok. I was using it wrong

So was I at first. I decided not to bother with it anymore.

Sterling Archer

1.05 Corstorphine Steelers select Ray Rice, RB

1.06 Dunedin Bucs select Drew Brees, QB

1.07 Kaunas Buckeyes select Aaron Rodgers, QB

Inversneck 75ers are on the clock.

1.05 Corstorphine Steelers select Ray Rice, RB

1.06 Dunedin Bucs select Drew Brees, QB

1.07 Kaunas Buckeyes select Aaron Rodgers, QB

Inversneck 75ers are on the clock.

Is the site down or something, everytime i try to go in it comes up google chrome cannot find this site?? aaarrrghh.

Sterling Archer

Is the site down or something, everytime i try to go in it comes up google chrome cannot find this site?? aaarrrghh.

I've been having issues with this aswell lately, if you just click refresh a couple of times it sometimes works. It was offline for a few hours for me, can't explain it!

EDIT: Also when it gets to your pick if you want me to do it for you just PM or email me.

I knew Rodgers wouldn't be there for my pick :verymad:

By the way, I use Google Chrome as well and have never had any problem connecting to the site. Unfortunately I'm useless with computers so can't suggest what the problem might be.

Sterling Archer

I knew Rodgers wouldn't be there for my pick :verymad:

By the way, I use Google Chrome as well and have never had any problem connecting to the site. Unfortunately I'm useless with computers so can't suggest what the problem might be.

I think regardless of where I was in the draft I was going to take him. I just have major issues drafting a running back that high, especially in a dynasty where they change so frequently. Would probably have taken ADP #1 but other than that it was Rogers all the way!

It's really strange this issue, I thought it was a problem with my router at first as I had no problem accessing through my phone on 3g but it wouldnt connect when on wifi. I've tried two different laptops as well!

I've emailed the league provider and asked them what we can do, I think the issue will resolve itself soon, pressing refresh worked for me.

Sterling Archer

Response from MFL.com

All,

For any having issues accessing the site, this is the response I received from MFL. Try some of the steps here including clearing your cache and see if that works.

"Extreme problems like a crashing web browser or links/buttons simply not working like they should could be a sign of a variety of problems with your computer, including:

1 ) You have too many "advanced" features on your league home page. Audio clips, embedded scrollers, scrolling text applications and more are far more likely cause these problems with your browser. You'll need to remove them one at a time to determine the exact culprit, and either leave that option off, or follow the instructions in item #4 below.

2 ) Your browser has incorrectly "cached" an old version of our web site. Clear your cache (deleting all temporary internet files, including MyFantasyLeague.com cookies).

3 ) You have a pop-up blocker turned on. While we don't use a lot of pop-ups on the site, we do use a few, so if you're having a problem along these lines you should update your pop-up blocker to always allow pop-ups from the MyFantasyLeague.com site.

4 ) Your web browser (or one of it's components, like JavaScript) is corrupt or not installed properly. The easiest way to correct this problem is to download and install either the latest version of your browser, or another web browser, to correct this problem. You can get the latest version of Internet Explorer from the http://www.microsoft.com/ie/>Microsoft.com, and the latest version of Firefox from the http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/>Mozilla.org site.

5 ) Your firewall or anti-virus software (or router) is preventing "file uploads" to the site. If you're having a problem with a page that allows file uploads (like the "Advanced Franchise Setup" page, or the "Images and Other URLs" page), you can go to the "For Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Other Appearance Settings" page, and change the "Prevent file uploads to the MyFantasyLeague.com site?" option to "No".

6 ) Your firewall or anti-virus software is blocking some traffic to the MyFantasyLeague.com site. Check with your software vendor or on-line help to see how you can configure your firewall or anti-virus software to allow all traffic, including file uploads, to the MyFantasyLeague.com site. Another more extreme option to temporarily test to see if this is the cause of the problem you're having would be to turn your firewall or anti-virus software off, just to see if the problem goes away or not, which will tell you definitively if this is the cause of your problem or not.

7 ) Your router is blocking some traffic to the MyFantasyLeague.com site. Check with your router manufacturer's web site or on-line help to see how you can configure your router to allow all traffic, including file uploads, to the MyFantasyLeague.com site. Another, more extreme option to temporarily test to see if this is the cause of the problem you're having would be to bypass your router, and connect your computer directly to the internet, just to see if the problem goes away or not, which will tell you definitively if this is the cause of your problem or not.

If you've gone through the above list, and are still having problems, here are some next step possible solutions to these problems.

a ) Is your computer a laptop, or wirelessly enabled? Try connecting it to a different network and then visit the site. If you don't have problems then, you've narrowed the problem down to a network connection or router.

b ) Do you have access to a different computer on the same network? Try visiting the site from that other computer. If you don't have problems then, you've narrowed the problem down to your original computer.

c ) Do you have a friend/neighbor/relative who has some expertise in troubleshooting computer problems? Have them review all of the above items, while they're sitting at your computer, to see if they have any ideas as to the possible causes of this problem.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Looking at PP's pick(Manning) He did this through his Pre draft list. Now I actually thought this was just a tool to build a shortlist of possible targets and didn't realise that the choice would be made for you based on the list. So I would say be careful to others who might have used it, I've deleted mine.

I am a bit hopeless when it comes to running backs, So thought i'd get my QB in quick while the getting was good :)

Sterling Archer

I am a bit hopeless when it comes to running backs, So thought i'd get my QB in quick while the getting was good :)

He's the most consistent player in FF, good for 4000 and 40 tds each year, for atleast the next 3. I can't complain about the pick.

Anyone having issues accessing the site please try this link:

http://64.73.54.63/2010/home/54832#0

Sterling Archer

Yes link works cheers mate.

Here's the article it came from, I can't begin to explain what's going on!

My company has filtered out access to my league. What can I do?

Answer: Some companies choose to "block" access to the MyFantasyLeague.com site since they (or their firewall software vendor) deem the web site to be not work related. If you're currently having problems accessing the site from work, the following instructions will show a work-around that might help you circumvent this block.

But first, an important disclaimer!

Please note that most companies these days have very strict policies regarding what is appropriate and inappropriate uses of company computers. Some companies may go as far as to have a policy stating that if you do attempt to circumvent their "blocking" efforts, what the consequences would be to you. So, we strongly encourage you to not just blindly follow these instructions if you are having access problems from inside your corporate network, but first, find out about any company policies that might be in place, and the penalties for violating those policies.

You have been warned!

(Again, only follow these instructions if you are having problems accessing the site from inside a corporate network that is "blocking" access to your MyFantasyLeague.com league pages.)

1. Figure out what server your league resides on. To do that, either go to your league home page from home (or someplace else from where you're not blocked), or ask one of your league mates what server you are on. The "server" is the part of your league home page address after the "http://" - so, if your league home page address was, say, http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/12345'>http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/12345 , the "server" would be football5.myfantasyleague.com.

2. Given your "server" listed above, look up your "IP Address" in this table below.

www or football.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.11

www2 or football2.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.15

www3 or football3.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.17

www4 or football4.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.19

www5 or football5.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.21

www6 or football6.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.23

www7 or football7.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.25

www8 or football8.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.27

www9 or football9.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.29

www10 or football10.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.31

www11 or football11.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.33

www12 or football12.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.35

www13 or football13.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.39

www14 or football14.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.41

www15 or football15.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.43

www16 or football16.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.45

www17 or football17.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.37

www18 or football18.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.47

www19 or football19.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.49

www20 or football20.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.51

www21 or football21.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.59

www22 or football22.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.61

www23 or football23.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.63

www24 or football24.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.65

www25 or football25.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.67

www26 or football26.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.69

www27 or football27.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.71

www28 or football28.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.13

www29 or football29.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.73

www30 or football30.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.75

www99 or football99.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.53

3. Given your original league home page address, replace the "server" part of the address with the "IP address" above, which will give you your "alternative home page address". In other words, if your original league home page address was http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/12345 , your alternative league home page address would be http://64.73.54.21/2010/home/12345

4. From inside your corporate network, try going to your "alternative league home page address" - most, but not all, blocking software will not be able to block based on this new address, so hopefully you will be able to get through.

So, just to emphasize a couple of important things:

1) only do these steps if you are currently having problems accessing your league pages from inside a corporate network.

2) only do these steps if you fully understand how doing them might be in violation of your corporate computing policies, and what the consequences of violating those policies might be.

3) understand that we reserve the right to move your league to a different "server" at any time (without notifying you of that beforehand), which therefore will mean you'll have to update your "IP address" accordingly.

Here's the article it came from, I can't begin to explain what's going on!

My company has filtered out access to my league. What can I do?

Answer: Some companies choose to "block" access to the MyFantasyLeague.com site since they (or their firewall software vendor) deem the web site to be not work related. If you're currently having problems accessing the site from work, the following instructions will show a work-around that might help you circumvent this block.

But first, an important disclaimer!

Please note that most companies these days have very strict policies regarding what is appropriate and inappropriate uses of company computers. Some companies may go as far as to have a policy stating that if you do attempt to circumvent their "blocking" efforts, what the consequences would be to you. So, we strongly encourage you to not just blindly follow these instructions if you are having access problems from inside your corporate network, but first, find out about any company policies that might be in place, and the penalties for violating those policies.

You have been warned!

(Again, only follow these instructions if you are having problems accessing the site from inside a corporate network that is "blocking" access to your MyFantasyLeague.com league pages.)

1. Figure out what server your league resides on. To do that, either go to your league home page from home (or someplace else from where you're not blocked), or ask one of your league mates what server you are on. The "server" is the part of your league home page address after the "http://" - so, if your league home page address was, say, http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/12345'>http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/12345 , the "server" would be football5.myfantasyleague.com.

2. Given your "server" listed above, look up your "IP Address" in this table below.

www or football.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.11

www2 or football2.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.15

www3 or football3.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.17

www4 or football4.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.19

www5 or football5.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.21

www6 or football6.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.23

www7 or football7.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.25

www8 or football8.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.27

www9 or football9.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.29

www10 or football10.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.31

www11 or football11.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.33

www12 or football12.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.35

www13 or football13.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.39

www14 or football14.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.41

www15 or football15.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.43

www16 or football16.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.45

www17 or football17.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.37

www18 or football18.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.47

www19 or football19.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.49

www20 or football20.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.51

www21 or football21.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.59

www22 or football22.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.61

www23 or football23.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.63

www24 or football24.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.65

www25 or football25.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.67

www26 or football26.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.69

www27 or football27.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.71

www28 or football28.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.13

www29 or football29.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.73

www30 or football30.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.75

www99 or football99.myfantasyleague.com = 64.73.54.53

3. Given your original league home page address, replace the "server" part of the address with the "IP address" above, which will give you your "alternative home page address". In other words, if your original league home page address was http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/12345 , your alternative league home page address would be http://64.73.54.21/2010/home/12345

4. From inside your corporate network, try going to your "alternative league home page address" - most, but not all, blocking software will not be able to block based on this new address, so hopefully you will be able to get through.

So, just to emphasize a couple of important things:

1) only do these steps if you are currently having problems accessing your league pages from inside a corporate network.

2) only do these steps if you fully understand how doing them might be in violation of your corporate computing policies, and what the consequences of violating those policies might be.

3) understand that we reserve the right to move your league to a different "server" at any time (without notifying you of that beforehand), which therefore will mean you'll have to update your "IP address" accordingly.

Hi holy what is that trade you want on the draft?

My Helmet logo has disappeared on the main page and when I try and change it, its saying the commissioner has blocked the use of icons? But no one else's seems to have been changed?

Sterling Archer

Hi holy what is that trade you want on the draft?

I was just thinking of maybe moving back in some of the rounds to get extra picks later. I was using this to calculate what's a good trade.

http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.php

My Helmet logo has disappeared on the main page and when I try and change it, its saying the commissioner has blocked the use of icons? But no one else's seems to have been changed?

Sorry mate, I'll set it back, one of the things that could have been causing the issues was the logos, would you be able to use another logo instead? I've added your ability to change it again. Think the format was causing issues.

I was just thinking of maybe moving back in some of the rounds to get extra picks later. I was using this to calculate what's a good trade.

http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.php

Sorry mate, I'll set it back, one of the things that could have been causing the issues was the logos, would you be able to use another logo instead? I've added your ability to change it again. Think the format was causing issues.

Aye, I'll just choose a custom one from the site.

Sterling Archer

Yeah they could be. I think it's fine to use an uploaded one it's just it didn't seem to like that phone. You can keep the logo but I'd remove the sound clip, thanks.

Sterling Archer

1.08 Inversneck 75ers select Andre Johnson, WR

1.09 Queensferry Dolphins select Frank Gore, RB

Goldenacre Giants are on the clock

Ach, I would have liked to have gotten involved this year.

Seems I am too late though.

Actually we had to go with 15 teams instead of the usual 16 so there would have been room for you as well. We are only on round 1 of the draft so I'm not sure if an extra team can still be added or not? Keep your eye on this thread tonight as I'm sure 'The Holy Spirit' can answer that for you, and maybe you can still get in.

Sterling Archer

Out at the moment, you're welcome to join, will need money straight away though, paypal ?3.05 to [email protected] and pm me your name, email and team name, better be quick though.

Right, I've sent The Holy Spirit the cash. Can someone quickly talk me through what I've to do so I don't have to read through this massive thread?

Sterling Archer

Right, I've sent The Holy Spirit the cash. Can someone quickly talk me through what I've to do so I don't have to read through this massive thread?

I've added you to the draft, you're drafting 16th. That means you'll draft 1.16 and 2.01, 3.16, 4.01 etc until the 25 round draft is complete. This is a slow draft so you'll get an email after each person makes their pick. If you have a look in the league at the league bylaws they should help explain. Do you have much FF experience? If not then I'm sure people will keep you right.

Just for other league members: I know the divisions look out of sync now, will sort this and the schedule tomorrow, too busy at the moment, let's keep this draft flowing.

Sterling Archer

1.10 Goldenacre Giants select Matt Schaub, QB

1.11 Gorgie Patriots select Tom Brady, QB

1.12 SD Chargers select Larry Fitzgerald, WR

Jambo Broncos are on the clock.

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Craig (forrester thunder) to the league.

For those of you still getting used to the site take a look at the help center found at the top right of the homepage. It'll give you all the advice you need on how to navigate the screens. You can use the for owners screens to create a draft list and rank players. You can also set draft preferences telling the system to pick a certain position in each round if you decide to autopick.

The other advantage of MFL.com is that you can customise the homepage to include whatever you like. If you click customise page at the top right hand side of the screen you can add and remove a number of things to make the homepage as simple or complex as you like.

Good to see we are up to 16 players now :thumbsup:

Still not sure whether I'm happy or not with my pick. Quite surprised that so many QB's have gone already but it definitely seems a safer pick in dynasty leagues due to the unpredictability of other positions.

Sterling Archer

Good to see we are up to 16 players now :thumbsup:

Still not sure whether I'm happy or not with my pick. Quite surprised that so many QB's have gone already but it definitely seems a safer pick in dynasty leagues due to the unpredictability of other positions.

I had to redo the divisions and the schedule this morning but definately worth it to have 16 teams. Had to have some strange bye weeks etc with only 15.

I like the pick, Dallas has as many weapons as any team in the league. I agree with you about the safety of picks. If you consider that career lifespans go QB, WR, RB then unless you're getting one of the elite RB's (CJ, ADP, MJD, Rice, Gore) you're taking a risk that you're pick is only around for a year or two. Suppose that means that those top RB's are even more valuable.

Sterling Archer

1.13 Jambo Broncos select Tony Romo, QB

1.14 Booboys Bengals select Rashard Mendenhall, RB

1.15 Cleveland Steamers select Phillip Rivers, QB *I love this pick for dynasty, was going to go with a WR or RB in the first and try to get him in the second or third. It's obvious now that wouldn't have worked out!

Forrester Thunder at the turn have the next two picks.