**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Ive only ever played the ESPN one last year, So this dynasty one, Does this mean this time next year we choose which players to retain and which ones to release, and the draft next year will be for Free agents and rookies(2011 draft)??

Yeah pretty much. The team you draft now is yours forever. Means you really need to consider the age of guys and what they could do before making any trades. We'll hold a rookie/FA draft each year. Just a quick note though. Rookie draft picks don't really have the same value as real NFL picks, after the 2nd round most rookie drafts are a bit of a guessing game and the picks aren't worth much. Here's the rookie draft from a dynasty league I just joined just for reference.

Round 1

#1 Kaunas Buckeyes - Dez Bryant, WR, DAL

#2 Sunday Swagger - Ryan Mathews, RB, SDG

#3 EastBayFunk - Jahvid Best, RB, DET

#4 EastBayFunk - Sam Bradford, QB, STL

#5 Rolling Rockers - C.J. Spiller, RB, BUF

#6 Flash Bayou - Arrelious Benn, WR, TAM

#7 Gridiron Gladiators - Ben Tate, RB, HOU

#8 WhiteFire - Montario Hardesty, RB, CLE

#9 Smashmouth Bucs - Demaryius Thomas, WR, DEN

#10 Rolling Rockers - Golden Tate, WR, SEA

#11 EastBayFunk - Jermaine Gresham, TE, CIN

#12 Sunday Swagger - Jimmy Clausen, QB, CAR

Round 2

#1 Relentless - Dexter McCluster, WR, KAN

#2 Kaunas Buckeyes - James Starks, RB, GNB

#3 StraightButta - Jonathan Dwyer, RB, PIT

#4 EastBayFunk - Andre Roberts, WR, ARI

#5 Hell Diablos - Tim Tebow, QB, DEN

#6 Smashmouth Bucs - Mike Williams, WR, TAM

#7 Gridiron Gladiators - Colt McCoy, QB, CLE

#8 Sunday Swagger - Toby Gerhart, RB, MIN

#9 Flash Bayou - Devin Aromashodu, WR, CHI

#10 Rolling Rockers - Aaron Hernandez, TE, NWE

#11 Kaunas Buckeyes - Charlie Whitehurst, QB, SEA

#12 Kaunas Buckeyes - Emmanuel Sanders, WR, PIT

Round 3

#1 Kaunas Buckeyes - Damian Williams, WR, TEN

#2 Sunday Swagger - Rob Gronkowski, TE, NWE

#3 Up Hill Battle - Brandon LaFell, WR, CAR

#4 EastBayFunk - Jimmy Graham, TE, NOR

#5 Hell Diablos - Joe McKnight, RB, NYJ

#6 Kaunas Buckeyes - Eric Decker, WR, DEN

#7 Gridiron Gladiators - Taylor Price, WR, NWE

#8 WhiteFire - Arian Foster, RB, HOU

#9 Flash Bayou - Anthony Dixon, RB, SFO

#10 Hell Diablos - Jordan Shipley, WR, CIN

#11 Up Hill Battle - LeGarrette Blount, RB, TEN

#12 Relentless - Mardy Gilyard, WR, STL

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Ive heard of 8 out of the first 10, then I'm lost :blink: Good excuse to try and follow college football this year.

Another question on that draft, looking at the strange order, does that mean you can trade players for draft picks?

Just had a look at the rules, seem straightforward :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Ive heard of 8 out of the first 10, then I'm lost :blink: Good excuse to try and follow college football this year.

Another question on that draft, looking at the strange order, does that mean you can trade players for draft picks?

Just had a look at the rules, seem straightforward :thumbsup:

www.footballguys.com is great for getting more info on dynasty leagues. They've got a load of rankings for dynasty specific and rookie only, good stuff there.

Rookie draft picks can be traded for other picks/players, whatever you like. You can trade your future picks aswell but you need to pay your fees for the year that you're trading the pick from e.g. You'll need to pay 2011 league fees before trading a 2011 pick.

Not decided if we should be able to trade initial draft picks (might make things a bit confusing).

www.footballguys.com is great for getting more info on dynasty leagues. They've got a load of rankings for dynasty specific and rookie only, good stuff there.

Rookie draft picks can be traded for other picks/players, whatever you like. You can trade your future picks aswell but you need to pay your fees for the year that you're trading the pick from e.g. You'll need to pay 2011 league fees before trading a 2011 pick.

Not decided if we should be able to trade initial draft picks (might make things a bit confusing).

What could we trade for if we start with nothing? Just future picks? I could trade my 1st round pick for your 3rd and 5th round picks for example? Or if the fees are paid, I could trade my first round pick for a middle round pick and a 2011 pick?

I've still not found my way around the site properly, Is there a limit to the number of players we have? also what is the starting lineup postions? is it like ESPN?

QB

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

TE

D/ST

K

Sterling Archer

What could we trade for if we start with nothing? Just future picks? I could trade my 1st round pick for your 3rd and 5th round picks for example? Or if the fees are paid, I could trade my first round pick for a middle round pick and a 2011 pick?

I've still not found my way around the site properly, Is there a limit to the number of players we have? also what is the starting lineup postions? is it like ESPN?

QB

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

TE

D/ST

K

If you wanted out of the first round you could trade that for someone else's 2nd and 4th etc, having never done a dynasty startup myself I have no idea over what these picks are worth though so it might be difficult!

It'll take a little while to get used to, it's a good site though. We're going to have 25man rosters with a 4 or 5man taxi squad (this is an area to stash young players who you think could make an impact down the road. These guys won't be part of your actual roster).

Starting Lineups are as follows:

1qb

2rb

3wr

1flex (rb/wr or te)

1te

1 Defence

1PK

Decided to go with this format as it helps to even out the value of positions (stops RB's being over-valued compared to WR).

If you wanted out of the first round you could trade that for someone else's 2nd and 4th etc, having never done a dynasty startup myself I have no idea over what these picks are worth though so it might be difficult!

It'll take a little while to get used to, it's a good site though. We're going to have 25man rosters with a 4 or 5man taxi squad (this is an area to stash young players who you think could make an impact down the road. These guys won't be part of your actual roster).

Starting Lineups are as follows:

1qb

2rb

3wr

1flex (rb/wr or te)

1te

1 Defence

1PK

Decided to go with this format as it helps to even out the value of positions (stops RB's being over-valued compared to WR).

All this sounds superb. I genuinely can't wait for the season to start now.

cheers for setting it up, and putting up with all my questions :teehee:

Sterling Archer

All this sounds superb. I genuinely can't wait for the season to start now.

cheers for setting it up, and putting up with all my questions :teehee:

No worries, anything that's not clear just ask.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm in and paid. I'll be boring and call my team the Melbourne Patriots! thumbsup.gif

Sterling Archer

I'm in and paid. I'll be boring and call my team the Melbourne Patriots! thumbsup.gif

Cool thanks, will update the accounting records. Do you want to change it or should I do it?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Cool thanks, will update the accounting records. Do you want to change it or should I do it?

If you could do it, that would be cool. I'm trying to run a mafia game and enter a team in the World Cup Predictor at the same time! Phew!!

Sterling Archer

If you could do it, that would be cool. I'm trying to run a mafia game and enter a team in the World Cup Predictor at the same time! Phew!!

No worries, that's it changed.

Sterling Archer

Hey,

Two people paid me by bank transfer this weekend, I know Jam Tartan was one but I was wondering who the other person was. If you could let me know that'd be great, thanks.

elvisisgod

Hey,

Two people paid me by bank transfer this weekend, I know Jam Tartan was one but I was wondering who the other person was. If you could let me know that'd be great, thanks.

that was me, I replied to your e-mail as well

Bugger just realised mock drafts have started on the espn website, i had 40 teams last year, the wife might not see me for a while!!.

Bugger just realised mock drafts have started on the espn website, i had 40 teams last year, the wife might not see me for a while!!.

I've done a fair few mock drafts already on there. Only just discovered Auction drafts, Seem to always end up with a better team than when I do a snake one.

I've done a fair few mock drafts already on there. Only just discovered Auction drafts, Seem to always end up with a better team than when I do a snake one.

Yes i started doing snake auctions, but there not a patch on the auctions. What`s good about the auctions is there is always a couple of roasters who over pay on certain players which means more money left for us.

Yes i started doing snake auctions, but there not a patch on the auctions. What`s good about the auctions is there is always a couple of roasters who over pay on certain players which means more money left for us.

I still can't decide on a strategy when it comes to drafting a QB.

Sterling Archer

Sorry, THS, I can't seem to find my team on the link. Confused.com

I'll resend the invite to you when I get in.

I still can't decide on a strategy when it comes to drafting a QB.

I know mine but I'm not telling! Only waiting on 4 to pay, 2 of which I haven't heard back from yet, will post more details later on, using the phone to do it's a bit of a nightmare.

Sterling Archer

Update:

Franchise Owner Name JKB Username

Corstorphine Kiwis Dean Taylor Romanovs Barmy Army

Geoff's Franchise Geoff Kilpatrick Geoff Kilpatrick

Queensferry Dolphins Scott Fowler The Man In Black

SD Chargers Bryan Souter Bringbackjefferies

Inversneck 75'ers Roddy Campbell jamtartan

Gorgie Patriots Tom Heaney Tom Heaney

Prestonpans Pirates Mark Stewart Sir Digby's Chicken Caesar

Dunedin Buccaneers Jim Smith Big Chip Butty

Goldenacre Giants Gordon Sarkis elvisisgod

Darth Ewing Colts Mike Ewing Darth Ewing

BooBoys Bengals Brian Holden The Boo

Caledonian Chargers Ian Ross rossi_1983

Corstorphine Cowboys Chris Gibson Gibby

Jambo Broncos Martin Gray Martin

Kaunas Buckeyes Donnie Smith The Holy Spirit

Greenbay Jambos Jordan Thomson JamboJoe

As before, Red have paid, blue have confirmed but are still to pay and I'm waiting to hear from the others.

Sterling Archer

DRAFT ORDER:

1.01 1. Darth Ewing Colts

1.02 2. Corstorphine Cowboys

1.03 3. Melbourne Patriots

1.04 4. Prestonpans Pirates

1.05 5. Corstorphine Steelers

1.06 6. Dunedin Buccaneers

1.07 7. Greenbay Jambos

1.08 8. Kaunas Buckeyes

1.09 9. Inversneck 75'ers

1.10 10. Queensferry Dolphins

1.11 11. Goldenacre Giants

1.12 12. Gorgie Patriots

1.13 13. SD Chargers

1.14 14. Jambo Broncos

1.15 15. BooBoys Bengals

1.16 16. Caledonian Chargers

Sterling Archer

Feel free to trade your picks. If you want to trade 2011 picks I'll need next years league fees before the trade goes through.

Almost there then :thumbsup:, I don't know the other 2 unfortunately so can't help getting in touch with them.

Happy with 13th/20th, find it easier targeting picks when im at the end and can have two close together.

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's quite a high pick for me. I must have been the Buffalo Bills in disguise last season :P

Sterling Archer

Almost there then :thumbsup:, I don't know the other 2 unfortunately so can't help getting in touch with them.

Happy with 13th/20th, find it easier targeting picks when im at the end and can have two close together.

We have one guy on hold who's ready to go. I told him I'd give everyone till the 12th but after that he's in.

That's quite a high pick for me. I must have been the Buffalo Bills in disguise last season :P

I just did a random draft order, if you want to trade back a bit I'm sure there will be lots of takers for a shot of CJ, MJD, Rice or Peterson.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I just did a random draft order, if you want to trade back a bit I'm sure there will be lots of takers for a shot of CJ, MJD, Rice or Peterson.

No, I'm quite happy with that thanks! thumbsup.gif

We have one guy on hold who's ready to go. I told him I'd give everyone till the 12th but after that he's in.

CJ Spiller, Sidney Rice and chicago bears Adrian Peterson? They won't be round 1 picks :whistling:

See last year I didn't know a single player, so now I'm just showing off :teehee:

Geoff Kilpatrick

CJ Spiller, Sidney Rice and chicago bears Adrian Peterson? They won't be round 1 picks whistling.gif

See last year I didn't know a single player, so now I'm just showing off teehee.gif

Actually I was going to draft Lawrence Maroney....rolleyes.gif

Sterling Archer

Actually I was going to draft Lawrence Maroney....rolleyes.gif

homer-simpson-picture.jpg

PICK

After the 25 round draft is over the race is on to get to the remaining free agents for your practice squad (5 players who cannot be selected for your roster but can be promoted to your full team at any point in the future, good for storing young guys you like the look of).

DRAFT ORDER:

1.01 1. Darth Ewing Colts

1.02 2. Corstorphine Cowboys

1.03 3. Melbourne Patriots

1.04 4. Prestonpans Pirates

1.05 5. Corstorphine Steelers

1.06 6. Dunedin Buccaneers

1.07 7. Greenbay Jambos

1.08 8. Kaunas Buckeyes

1.09 9. Inversneck 75'ers

1.10 10. Queensferry Dolphins

1.11 11. Goldenacre Giants

1.12 12. Gorgie Patriots

1.13 13. SD Chargers

1.14 14. Jambo Broncos

1.15 15. BooBoys Bengals

1.16 16. Caledonian Chargers

2nd pick for Gibby happy with that :whistling: time to start preparing

Sterling Archer

3 to go now and then we can get started!

I have one backup in place and so if worst case happens and all 3 guys drop out we'll need two owners able to pay at short notice.

Nucky Thompson

I have a feeling I'm going to be a wee bit lost when it comes to the draft :blink:

Sterling Archer

I have a feeling I'm going to be a wee bit lost when it comes to the draft :blink:

We're going to be drafting 400 players so it while require some researching. Suppose that's the advantage of the slow draft over the summer. You want to spend a couple hours picking between two guys you can do that.

Check out footballguys website. They've got a program called VBD excel app, might give you something to think about. They've just released a website called www.todayinfantasy.com that is a search engine for FF content, you can either look at the most recent stuff or search by specific player.

Worth a look.

The mock draft on the MFL website isnae bad mate should give it a wee look. Should give you a least a rough idea of what position to draft in each round etc?!?!

The mock draft on the MFL website isnae bad mate should give it a wee look. Should give you a least a rough idea of what position to draft in each round etc?!?!

There never seems to be anyone else doing a mock draft on there. Or am I missing something? Its frustrating doing a draft against a computer who just picks the next guy on the list

Sterling Archer

There never seems to be anyone else doing a mock draft on there. Or am I missing something? Its frustrating doing a draft against a computer who just picks the next guy on the list

If you go to football guys, they've just released the free version of there program draft dominator. You can install that an then input your team settings, scoring etc and do a mock using that. It won't just pick the next guy.

If you go to football guys, they've just released the free version of there program draft dominator. You can install that an then input your team settings, scoring etc and do a mock using that. It won't just pick the next guy.

cheers. I actually downloaded that from the link you gave the other day. I've not worked out how to stick all the info yet though

Must have been lucky when I tried it buddy :thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

I don't know if it's been posted already but what are the scoring rules in the Dynasty League?

Happy to be picking towards the end, at least I should be guaranteed two decent players. As long as they don't get crocked early doors :whistling:

Slow draft will be good. I've only ever done drafts where it's been all done in an hour or two and you always end up picking a useless player fairly early because the time has almost ticked away!

Sterling Archer

when are we drafting?

As soon as everyone has paid. Hopefully start soon though as were just waiting on 3.

just finished a draft using that program, after putting all the info in. No real surprise to see that after it all they ranked my team by far the worst compared to the other 15. It's quite a handy wee program actually :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

just finished a draft using that program, after putting all the info in. No real surprise to see that after it all they ranked my team by far the worst compared to the other 15. It's quite a handy wee program actually :thumbsup:

It did the same with mine! I refuse to draft RB's though so that probably has something to do with it. You've also got to remember that it's not set up for dynasty leagues.

Just a quick update on the payment.

I've messaged and emailed the 3 guys we're waiting for. Also pm'd a number of guys that were in previous leagues seeing if they're interested. Told them they've got till the 12th and if I don't hear back we'll just go with a 14 team league and get the draft started.

It did the same with mine! I refuse to draft RB's though so that probably has something to do with it. You've also got to remember that it's not set up for dynasty leagues.

Just a quick update on the payment.

I've messaged and emailed the 3 guys we're waiting for. Also pm'd a number of guys that were in previous leagues seeing if they're interested. Told them they've got till the 12th and if I don't hear back we'll just go with a 14 team league and get the draft started.

Hopefully we get the extra 2 guys and we have a full league. Job well done getting the 14 of us so far, so if we just have to go ahead with that then so be it. It might help my draft out :teehee:

Sterling Archer

Hopefully we get the extra 2 guys and we have a full league. Job well done getting the 14 of us so far, so if we just have to go ahead with that then so be it. It might help my draft out :teehee:

I just worry that if the guys aren't getting back to me now then it'll just be worse during the season.

I agree about 16 but we can only wait so long. I'll cover the extra 6quid or so they would have paid.