Its Proper Snow!

Doctor FinnBarr

Everybody loves Baz

C'mon everybody, keep going with the updates.

Wanting to know when it's gonna hit Gorebridge.:santa4:

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Old Tolbooth

• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

The Old Tolbooth
Its snowing here in Selkirk. Don't think it's been for too long though.

My daughter who lives in Gala told me it's really deep there, which means it's about 2 inches :D

Everybody loves Baz
Heard a lot of people in Kilmarnock got sent home from work...

Took my mate 5 hours to get from Glasgow Hilton home to Kilmaurs tonight,

Said he aint gonna even try and go into work tomorrow.

Everybody loves Baz
Lots of snow here in Gorebridge - even the buses couldn't get up our street for a while!

It's not very big flakes though BJT

I can confirm snow in Gorebridge.Moved my car to ensure the 86A runs tommorow!

Does every jambo in Gorebridge have a bus run up their street? :smiliz23:

blondejamtart

It was certainly big flakes for a while here...one of our neighbours hasn't been able to get her car out since the weekend. Our back lane is on quite a steep hill and doesn't get gritted - usually the council leaves a big pile of salt and grit, but this year they've said we'd have to pay for it!

It was certainly big flakes for a while here...one of our neighbours hasn't been able to get her car out since the weekend. Our back lane is on quite a steep hill and doesn't get gritted - usually the council leaves a big pile of salt and grit, but this year they've said we'd have to pay for it!

Our one is empty as well.That will be the reason.

There's nothing big or clever about this snow. It cost me ?226 to change the flights down to Gatwick for me and Mrs Therapist tomorrow. :santa5:

There's nothing big or clever about this snow. It cost me ?226 to change the flights down to Gatwick for me and Mrs Therapist tomorrow. :santa5:

Schadenfreude is a terrible thing. :smiliz64:

Apologies for the delay, Milton of Campsie, and you?[/QUOT

Campsie Glen fella. Didn't think there was another Jambo in a ten-mile radius!

:santa1:

That should read "Mrs Therapist and I", Therapist; and ?226 was surely no more than loose change for a man of your oft stated means.

I trust you find this response useful. I also trust you have a great time on your hols! :santa1:

You have been lucky in the past,the lane that goes into my street never gets gritted let alone been left a pile of grit..

I always say we get forgotten about in my street:smiliz21:

Guest juvehearts

ken what i dont get is the goverment not investing in the assistance of clearing the snow.

i mean ffs how much is the white stuff (sniff sniff) costing this economy & were in resession.

eurostar couldnt run.

all airports closed

gridlock on the motorways

crash after crash.

seems like every country that has snow is more equiped for it than us because of a lack of investment by the goverment.

unbelieveiable IMO

ken what i dont get is the goverment not investing in the assistance of clearing the snow.

i mean ffs how much is the white stuff (sniff sniff) costing this economy & were in resession.

eurostar couldnt run.

all airports closed

gridlock on the motorways

crash after crash.

seems like every country that has snow is more equiped for it than us because of a lack of investment by the goverment.

unbelieveiable IMO

Public transport still running OK up here despite about 6inches of snow in some places. It's nuts; I have never seen snow this thick, even up the Pentlands!

Nicholas Brody

It's really coming down at the moment :santa1: Glad I'm up early for once! Although I'm on a main road and no gritter has been out :double ****:

I work in Livi, blizzard conditions here. Here is a en e-mail sent to us from MET office

NATIONAL SEVERE WEATHER WARNING SERVICE

Flash Warning of

- Heavy Snow

For the following areas

- E Lothian (Severe)

- Edinburgh (Severe)

- Falkirk (Severe)

- Fife (Severe)

- Midlothian (Severe)

- W Lothian (Severe)

A band of snow will spread down from the north giving totals of

2-5cm at low levels and locally 5 to 10cm over the high ground. This

snow will clear from the north with widespread ice forming on

untreated roads. The public are advised to take extra care and refer

to "Traffic Scotland" for further advice on road conditions.

Issued by the Met Office at 03:42 on Wednesday, 23rd December 2009

Valid from 05:35 on Wednesday, 23rd December 2009

until 10:00 on Wednesday, 23rd December 2009

Radioactive Mince
The Beeb weather forecast fails again!

Whiteout! :santa1:

Totally.

Agent Mince reporting from the Northern Shores of the River Forth can reveal that the BBC have monumentally failed to deliver on their forecast of a "cold and frosty start to the day" with fog patches.

Since I last looked outside at around 04:20 at least two inches of snow has fallen and it is still coming down pretty hard.

I'm having a wee rest now 'til January so I won't have to venture out much. I may even build a snowman later on.

Mince

eddie fenwick
The old bill saying that the M90 is impassible. 5 artic lorries stuck in the snow.Happy days.

was meant to be doing a job in falkirk,someone not going to get there livingroom plastered for xmas

was meant to be doing a job in falkirk,someone not going to get there livingroom plastered for xmas

Tried to be the big hero reversing my car back into the driveway. Stuck! Every time I try to move it, it heads sideways. wife and bairns all laugin at ma drivin skills! Went into the hoose to get the shovel, came back oot and fell flat on ma erse. I'm no leavin the rest of the day.

The Mighty Thor

It's a winter scene in Midlothian this morning folks.

Meant to be going to the playhouse this afternoon with the wee man so i hope to feck the roads clear up a bit. :santa1:

I drove mrs B to work at 7 o clock this morning and passed some clown trying to cycle along Bankhead Drive. I'm sure he will have an immense sense of satisfaction that he's doing his bit to save the planet whilst being a danger to himself and other road users.

ps I was snug and warm, pumping out noxious fumes in my gas-guzzling 4x4. :santa4:

eddie fenwick
Tried to be the big hero reversing my car back into the driveway. Stuck! Every time I try to move it, it heads sideways. wife and bairns all laugin at ma drivin skills! Went into the hoose to get the shovel, came back oot and fell flat on ma erse. I'm no leavin the rest of the day.

told the kids its called daddy day,i lie on the sofa and the wife and kids get me what i want