"Luxury" Foods

Seats

Just got in trouble with the missus for blowing a fortune on a "wee bit ham" for ou xmas dinner starter. Didnae really mean to spend as much as I did, but it is lovely!

Anyone else fork out a wee bit more for a bit of quality this time of year? :smiliz57:

Miller Jambo 60
Just got in trouble with the missus for blowing a fortune on a "wee bit ham" for ou xmas dinner starter. Didnae really mean to spend as much as I did, but it is lovely!

Anyone else fork out a wee bit more for a bit of quality this time of year? :smiliz57:

Well if shes moaning mate, tell her shes not getting any.:smiliz23:

I used to like venison as a special treat at the festive season, but it's a bit dear. :santa1:

Well if shes moaning mate, tell her shes not getting any.:smiliz23:

She disnae get any anyway mate. At least not from me...... oh, you mean the ham! :smiliz64:

Miller Jambo 60
She disnae get any anyway mate. At least not from me...... oh, you mean the ham! :smiliz64:

Think we are getting the ham and bones mixed up.:santa1:

southside1874

Quality food is essential for me mate. I'm totally into the animal welfare thing and firmly believe that to eat an unhappy animal is not good for the soul.

Do most of my shopping at Waitrose. The difference in the meat is easy to taste. The chicken is chicken and not a fast growing genetic freak thats full of globule meat and fat. Their fruit tastes juicey and ripe and the choice of proper cheese is to die for.

Quality food is essential for me mate. I'm totally into the animal welfare thing and firmly believe that to eat an unhappy animal is not good for the soul.

Do most of my shopping at Waitrose. The difference in the meat is easy to taste. The chicken is chicken and not a fast growing genetic freak thats full of globule meat and fat. Their fruit tastes juicey and ripe and the choice of proper cheese is to die for.

I'd go to Mellis for cheese and the butchers at Bruntsfield for meat. Waitrose may be better quality than some but it's still a supermarket. If your properly into animal welfare you'd boycott all of them completely.

Rupert Pupkin

Have just devoured 2 Wild Boar steaks that i bought at the farmers market this morning .First time i have had them and they were delicious!!!:smiliz64:

I used to like venison as a special treat at the festive season, but it's a bit dear. :santa1:

A bloke in the pub offered me eight legs of venison for £120.

....is that to dear ? :whistling:

southside1874
I'd go to Mellis for cheese and the butchers at Bruntsfield for meat. Waitrose may be better quality than some but it's still a supermarket. If your properly into animal welfare you'd boycott all of them completely.

Waitrose have their own farms and are big on animal wellfare. They have a great cheese selection too that Mellis would be proud off.

southside1874
:rofl:

You should see some of the pig farms in Poland and chicken farms on the continent are a disgrace. The thought of eating some of these animals had me off meat for a while.

¿jamón serrano de pata negra?

and you think their fruit is different to fruit you get elsewhere? class 1 fruit is the same no matter where you buy it as long as you've the sense not to buy stuff thats been on the shelf too long

southside1874
and you think their fruit is different to fruit you get elsewhere? class 1 fruit is the same no matter where you buy it as long as you've the sense not to buy stuff thats been on the shelf too long

Class 1 fruit is purely graded on appearance mate. Nothing to do with taste. Have you any idea how much fruit is grown with additives to speed up growth and chemicals added to aid appearance.

Class 1 fruit is purely graded on appearance mate. Nothing to do with taste. Have you any idea how much fruit is grown with additives to speed up growth and chemicals added to aid appearance.

its more to do with size, which you could call appearance i guess.

you do know that waitrose don't have exlusivity on most of their suppliers and some of those suppliers send stores such as aldi exactly the same fruit. its not the fruit you pay more for, its the service you get and the nice ambience of the store.

for what its worth, i love shopping in waitrose

We went for a rib roast from Forsyths in Peebles for Xmas day. Yes it costs a bit extra but it's a thank you to all the family for help with the kids etc. A wee side note on the ham, last year I boiled it in irn bru and then baked it. It was the biz.

Spent a few bob in Marks the other day buying christmas dinner and a further dinner for my birthday on the 27th. Marks and Spencer are selling a £25 quid bottle of champagne half price, so I went radge and bought six bottles of it for over christmas, birthday and new year. :santa1:

Spent a few bob in Marks the other day buying christmas dinner and a further dinner for my birthday on the 27th. Marks and Spencer are selling a £25 quid bottle of champagne half price, so I went radge and bought six bottles of it for over christmas, birthday and new year. :santa1:

Good for you! I hope you have a great christmas birthday and new year mate :santa1: If you can't splash out a bit more for special times with people you love around you then it's kinda crap really.

Definately, Kitster. Im very much looking forward to it this year. :santa1:

Ditto! I'll have everyone I love around me for about 4 days at least. That never happens!! I'm super proper excited despite the snow seriously getting in the way of my last minute panic buying... I know it will still be perfect :santa1:

southside1874
its more to do with size, which you could call appearance i guess.

you do know that waitrose don't have exlusivity on most of their suppliers and some of those suppliers send stores such as aldi exactly the same fruit. its not the fruit you pay more for, its the service you get and the nice ambience of the store.

for what its worth, i love shopping in waitrose

Their fruit is not that much more expensive. In fact if I think about the times I've thrown out stuff because its rubbish....its actually cheaper:santa1:

Archived