Support a Local Band

Beverley

got this message from a mate of mine earlier.

he is helping to promote a band from i think he said baberton area (?) called Jakil

anyhoo, long story short, they seem to be ok lads, and what little i've heard from them seems pretty good.

the TV show skins is having some do in glasgow soon, so perhaps if you have a few spare minutes you could log in to the site and vote for them to get the gig??

be nice to help out a local band if we can

cheers in advance

Hey Jakilites...

We need your help.

E4 show "Skins" is running a series of parties across the UK shortly. There's one in Glasgow, and with your votes we could get the band playing at it. All you need to do is go to:

http://skinslife.com/contests/2/contest_entries?party=9

and signup (minor pain, I know, but it's free and quick), and VOTE for Jakil!

Thanks for your help and have a nice day secure in the knowledge that you have done a good thing!

christhejambo

Pretty sure these guys are from Balerno. Most, if not all of them went to Balerno High at least. My younger sister was talking about them before, and im sure they did some talent show at the school a few years ago. They seem to be ok from what ive heard, been played on Radio 1, on iTunes and stuff too. Always nice to see decent local people doing well

you could well be right mate now that i think about it. i hope they ge tthe gig, would be a great bit of publicity for them

Archived