Zal to resume training.........

Clerry Jambo

HillmanHearts
thank the good lord for that we can now look forward to screaming up the leauge quick time if we get our "star defender" back in the side. Time for everyone to jump on the happy train again

Only a fool would think he has not been missed.

thank the good lord for that we can now look forward to screaming up the leauge quick time if we get our "star defender" back in the side. Time for everyone to jump on the happy train again

Yup, just a sign of the sad times of HMFC at present, if the return of a mediocre player like Zaliukas is seen as the answer to all our prayers!!

HillmanHearts
Yup, just a sign of the sad times of HMFC at present, if the return of a mediocre player like Zaliukas is seen as the answer to all our prayers!!

No, not "seen as an answer to all our prayers".

Just that our defence has been terrible the season and that Zal is a good SPL Centre Back & decent leader who will improve that area without question.

Logical really !

He can't come back soon enough.

I'm looking forward to a good run of Zal-Jos? central defence pairing.

He is as good as any centre half in the SPL

No, not "seen as an answer to all our prayers".

Just that our defence has been terrible the season and that Zal is a good SPL Centre Back & decent leader who will improve that area without question.

Logical really !

My point is that he is a mediocre player (good at best) but nowhere near the level of centre-half we have had pulling on the maroon jersey in the past.

Let's just hope he has cut out the 'bombscare' moments from his play, & that he will curb his indiscipline enough to stay on the park for 90 mins.

He is as good as any centre half in the SPL

I think that says more about the state of the SPL than it does about Zal's (limited) abilities!

No matter what anyone might think about Zal's ability (or lack of in the opinion of some) there is no doubt that our best performances this season have come when he was playing. I have said before that there is a good footballer there. His problem is (hopefully was) his temperament and his proneness to trying to play out of trouble when the back of the stand was where the ball should have been put. For a while this was costing us a goal a game and I, as much as anyone, wanted him out of the team. The little we've seen of him this season has shown a marked improvement, which I hope continues. Some, of course will only remember the Zal of last season and will refuse to accept the improvement. There have been a couple on this thread already.

I always affectionately called Zal "bombscare" which he was on many occasions.

But he would defo be 1 of the centre halfs at the mo IMHO.

Maybe he is just maturing.................like a guid cheese:10900:

Thunderstruck
No matter what anyone might think about Zal's ability (or lack of in the opinion of some) there is no doubt that our best performances this season have come when he was playing. I have said before that there is a good footballer there. His problem is (hopefully was) his temperament and his proneness to trying to play out of trouble when the back of the stand was where the ball should have been put. For a while this was costing us a goal a game and I, as much as anyone, wanted him out of the team. The little we've seen of him this season has shown a marked improvement, which I hope continues. Some, of course will only remember the Zal of last season and will refuse to accept the improvement. There have been a couple on this thread already.

You have spoiled a good post by reiterating the "costing us a goal a game myth". I have asked his detractors many times for evidence of this; I am still waiting. If you look back a year, you will read that this ridiculous claim persisted through the period when we didn't lose a goal for several games.

Guest JamboRobbo

He's played about 3 games all season. Hardly a sound basis for saying anything has changed.

iamcraigbeattie
He's played about 3 games all season. Hardly a sound basis for saying anything has changed.

In all fairness Bouzid was gods gift after just a couple of friendlies this season and hes murder!!

If certain people can start to judge a player without automatic bias with regard to nationality they will see a reasonable player in there and one who was better than a "bomb scare" in previous seasons and should be a good SPL player if he can control his temper.

Zaliukas has been sorely missed this season and those who slag him off are probably the same mob who had it in for Jose.

It is quite depressing that some genuinely good news is routinely shot down the minute it is announced often by the ill tempered and the ill informed and those that can see only the ills.

If certain people can start to judge a player without automatic bias with regard to nationality they will see a reasonable player in there and one who was better than a "bomb scare" in previous seasons and should be a good SPL player if he can control his temper.

Whereabout anywhere has his nationality been mentioned on this thread?? .... Dont know what your agenda is by bringing it up, but I dont particularly care for you playing the 'nationality' card!?

My thoughts on him as a player are purely based on his ability .... & sadly I dont think he has an abundance of it. Far too prone to blunders to be classed as a good, solid centre-half IMO.

Don't be so naive O H. Zal was never given a chance by some on here and if you can't see that then you haven't wasted as much time reading stuff on here as me or you are the one with an agenda.

Don't be so naive O H. Zal was never given a chance by some on here and if you can't see that then you haven't wasted as much time reading stuff on here as me or you are the one with an agenda.

& yet you are closed to the idea that people haven't 'given him a chance' because of his numerous blunders in the past? .... No, it's all cos he's Lithuanian, yeah?

Zaliukas is our best player. Im glad that he will be back soon so he can play alongside Jose. Great CB pairing.

Thomson Zaliukas Goncalves Wallace... not to shab IMO, shame its Balogh behind them :th_o:

Should be around in time to get himself sent off at Pittodrie in the Cup - if he isn't already suspended by then. I wonder if it'll be dissent, violent conduct or just plain attempted murder, as he tried in the Cup last year.

When we're looking forward to flanges like him coming back, we're really stuffed. And yes, I do know he's better than the flanges that played at Hamilton.

OH, **** He's lithuanian, I hadn't realised. You are right then. Bouzid must be one too because you will rarely see anyone make more mistakes than him. Actually I think Zal has made some mistakes but not as many as people like you (and the anti Vladdites) say and I have watched enough Hearts games over the last 40 years to have seen many worse defenders (as well of course as better) playing for us and some real donkeys playing in the SPL of all sorts of nationalities. Anyway you dream on if you think opinions on players over the last 5 years have not been influenced by their country and club of origin.

Sooner he is back in the team the better.

We have missed his organisational skills , leadership and goals.

Csaba should make him sole Captain.

Welcome back big man

:10900:

Seymour M Hersh

Like we've just picked up enough red cards!:smiley2:

In all seriousness I would prefer Zal over Bouzid at the moment.

Sooner he is back in the team the better.

We have missed his organisational skills , leadership and goals.

Csaba should make him sole Captain.

Welcome back big man

Time is a wonderful thing........i remember way back and think of how much flak he took. I`m not just saying this but i always saw something in Zaliukas from day one and he did have his shortcomings aswell though.

But it`s proved one thing, give players who show the right attitude and a bit promise.......time.

There`s no doubt he`s matured over the last season and a bit and now we look up to him!!!! Don`t know if that`s down to how far back wev`e went or how much he`s improved? maybe a bit both.

If we go to the Leith dump on the 3rd with Jose and Zal as the centre halfs I will be happy.

it will cheer me up over the bridge of doom anyway !

Time is a wonderful thing........i remember way back and think of how much flak he took. I`m not just saying this but i always saw something in Zaliukas from day one and he did have his shortcomings aswell though.

But it`s proved one thing, give players who show the right attitude and a bit promise.......time.

There`s no doubt he`s matured over the last season and a bit and now we look up to him!!!! Don`t know if that`s down to how far back wev`e went or how much he`s improved? maybe a bit both.

I have always thought there was a player there and have always backed him.

He paid me back big style when i had a ?10 wager on him at 38/1 to score the 1st goal v rangers at Tynie

Good lad.

Been sorely missed this season.

Good player as well as a leader and hopefully he'll get the rest of the team going.

Should be around in time to get himself sent off at Pittodrie in the Cup - if he isn't already suspended by then. I wonder if it'll be dissent, violent conduct or just plain attempted murder, as he tried in the Cup last year.

When we're looking forward to flanges like him coming back, we're really stuffed. And yes, I do know he's better than the flanges that played at Hamilton.

try and not be bias mate, there is no-way he should have being send-off against Falkirk. The **** had him in a fecking Head lock ! I'm right in line with it and tbh i was one of the idiots shouting to punch the **** on the floor. Didn't think he would actually do it tho ! still retain that he should not have being send off as the ref that day was the worst i have ever seen at tynie in a long time !

try and not be bias mate, there is no-way he should have being send-off against Falkirk. The **** had him in a fecking Head lock ! I'm right in line with it and tbh i was one of the idiots shouting to punch the **** on the floor. Didn't think he would actually do it tho ! still retain that he should not have being send off as the ref that day was the worst i have ever seen at tynie in a long time !

Even by Kickback standards, that is an amazing statement.

And I am biased. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm firmly of the belief that anyone who wilfully makes himself unavailable for work while simultaneously jeopardising the welfare of his company as frequently as that clown has done should have been shown the door a long time ago.

Does anyone actually wonder why there is a culture of indiscipline at Tynecastle? People are touting this guy for club captain, ffs.

Even by Kickback standards, that is an amazing statement.

And I am biased. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm firmly of the belief that anyone who wilfully makes himself unavailable for work while simultaneously jeopardising the welfare of his company as frequently as that clown has done should have been shown the door a long time ago.

Does anyone actually wonder why there is a culture of indiscipline at Tynecastle? People are touting this guy for club captain, ffs.

i was trying to take the **** mate.

I still rate him as a defender, and do think he has being unlucky in some sending offs, i remember aberdeen, twice ? I take it you want stweart stripped of the capitaicity as well then ?

i was trying to take the **** mate.

I still rate him as a defender, and do think he has being unlucky in some sending offs, i remember aberdeen, twice ? I take it you want stweart stripped of the capitaicity as well then ?

I think you're right - he is a cut above the two guys we had in central defence on Sunday. Yes, he was unlucky at Aberdeen, but with a disciplinary record like his, he should be looking to avoid confrontation with refs and other players at all times. I think there's a basic, insurmountable problem - he's a psycho.

I've made loads of comments about Stewart's idiocy too - they're two of a kind. I won't bore you by dredging up my posts, but rest assured that they're there.

Having the two least disciplined players in the squad as the only candidates for the captaincy is a recipe for disaster.

I think you're right - he is a cut above the two guys we had in central defence on Sunday. Yes, he was unlucky at Aberdeen, but with a disciplinary record like his, he should be looking to avoid confrontation with refs and other players at all times. I think there's a basic, insurmountable problem - he's a psycho.

I've made loads of comments about Stewart's idiocy too - they're two of a kind. I won't bore you by dredging up my posts, but rest assured that they're there.

Having the two least disciplined players in the squad as the only candidates for the captaincy is a recipe for disaster.

Remember Kingston was also touted for the job ! Says it all really. On a side note, i've met zal before, and he does seem to be a nice guy, it must be just when he goes onto the pitch he turns into the monk !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddauWr_auVw

Archived