The most tiresome thing in Edinburgh football

Diego10

I'll make this my final word, cause I think my original point probably wasn't put over very well.

I have absolutely nothing against slagging off the hibbies, or them doing the same. There are plenty of valid reasons to do so, on both sides. But much of the abuse now is so petty and ingrained and automatic, it's just boring to read. Hobo/Yam fud being a case in point, it is completely meaningless and just pseudo-abusive for no reason.

I would always say Hearts have had a better record than Hibs, there's plenty of evidence to support that. But the big team thing just looks arrogant. Bigger than Hibs, aye, slightly. 'Big' team? Nope, sorry.

Anyway, it's clear i'm well in the minority on this so fair enough. Hopefully we'll give them a well-earned shoeing tomorrow whatever, and we can all abuse them in our own way!

The People's Chimp
Is, in my opinion, the constant crap that fans of both Hearts and Hibs waste their time slagging each other about.

If it's no the 'hilarious' Hobo/Yams & big team/wee team banter, it's us wasting our time on them selling their players or them exercising their advanced degrees in economics in telling us how our business model is unsustainable.

I'm no saying there shouldn't be abuse of the Leithers, that's only natural of course, but most of it makes me want to poke my own eyes out with a rusty stanley knife. Can we no just forget about them, bar the 4 times a season we have to play them, and get on with our own issues, of which there are plenty?

This might just be me right enough.

You posted the above within 48 hours of a derby. Doesn't that count as one of "the 4 times a season [sic] we have to play them?"

Your argument is utter tripe in every other regard as well, just thought I'd flag up the above.

FTH!

The People's Chimp
It's the lack of any proper hate that I like most about the current set of Hearts-Hibs jibes. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I really love the fact that we're singing songs about big/wee teams, cup winning (or lack thereof) or funny shaped heads...rather than some of the venomous bile you hear between some other teams. It's amusing in a very basic way, but good humour is no bad thing and it's one of the reasons we get so excited about derbies. Yes, we go to watch a good game of football...but for me, it's almost just as much about the banter. :)

You're spot on. It really is quality banter.

Speak to a friend who supports another team, like Utd. or Aberdeen - and they will all, unless they are blinkered mutton molesting types, tell you that they envy what we have in Edinburgh - the banter, the rivalry, the songs, the slaggings, they're even jealous of some of the nonsense that goes on between here and brazilianfootballeducationaltrust.net.

What I can't understand is that Snorkey reveals, in his profile, that he was born in 1991. So how can he have seen Hibs win more trophies than us? If he is really saying that......this is getting a bit confusing.

Maybe I should have a wee word with myself. ;)

CH

All quiet on the Snorkey front! F.uck the Hobo tramps!

BIG TEAM BIG CUP, WEE TEAM WEE CUP!!

Archived