The most tiresome thing in Edinburgh football

Diego10

Is, in my opinion, the constant crap that fans of both Hearts and Hibs waste their time slagging each other about.

If it's no the 'hilarious' Hobo/Yams & big team/wee team banter, it's us wasting our time on them selling their players or them exercising their advanced degrees in economics in telling us how our business model is unsustainable.

I'm no saying there shouldn't be abuse of the Leithers, that's only natural of course, but most of it makes me want to poke my own eyes out with a rusty stanley knife. Can we no just forget about them, bar the 4 times a season we have to play them, and get on with our own issues, of which there are plenty?

This might just be me right enough.

Is, in my opinion, the constant crap that fans of both Hearts and Hibs waste their time slagging each other about.

If it's no the 'hilarious' Hobo/Yams & big team/wee team banter, it's us wasting our time on them selling their players or them exercising their advanced degrees in economics in telling us how our business model is unsustainable.

I'm no saying there shouldn't be abuse of the Leithers, that's only natural of course, but most of it makes me want to poke my own eyes out with a rusty stanley knife. Can we no just forget about them, bar the 4 times a season we have to play them, and get on with our own issues, of which there are plenty?

spot on!

our club is in dire straits and we have copious amount of

fhannies on here salivitating why we are the big team.:sobored:

winston churchill

they live in caravans and drink their own pish.

Rivalry is a big part of football. I'd rather have the Hibs to laugh at than be ICT or Aberdeen and not have a derby.

I don't disagree. I just think most of the rivalry has descended into witless goading and endless re-runs of the same old stuff.

I particularly cringe at us calling them the wee team.

Seems like you've missed the point of supporting a football club.

chester copperpot
I don't disagree. I just think most of the rivalry has descended into witless goading and endless re-runs of the same old stuff.

Eh, thats the best insult known to man.

Ever.

FACT. :)

Seems like you've missed the point of supporting a football club.

Aye, I must have. Here was me thinking it was to go to games and support your team. Imagine my surprise to find it should consist of shouting Hobo and wee team at passing Hibbies.

Eh, thats the best insult known to man.

Ever.

FACT. :)

If it was done with any sense of irony, it wouldn't be so bad. It's the Hearts fans who genuinely think we are the 'big' team that worry me.

Go with ?quipe petite then, it's french. Far classier :P

chester copperpot
If it was done with any sense of irony, it wouldn't be so bad. It's the Hearts fans who genuinely think we are the 'big' team that worry me.

Och I so want to abuse you, but I will refrain, because Im better than that.

Please.

Loving the use of we by the way. Good luck.

Och I so want to abuse you, but I will refrain, because Im better than that.

Please.

Loving the use of we by the way. Good luck.

Yes, thanks for that. very magnanimous.

Please don't tell me you're suggesting I'm no a Hearts fan?

chester copperpot
Yes, thanks for that. very magnanimous.

Please don't tell me you're suggesting I'm no a Hearts fan?

Would never do that mate, you're doing plenty well yourself.

'JAMBO' is that ok?

Toxteth O'Grady

San Giro

106 years

Reptiles

Pink Hoodies

Disguised as seats

How many goals did Robbo score?

Fozzy on the Fence

Zali spoiled the wee cup party

Shoes Off

We've won more Derbys at Fester Road than them

Worst losing runs in Derbys ever

Wee Team

Stick yer feckin floodlights up yer erks

Roll on Saturday

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You sound like a right laugh!

You sound like a right laugh!

I'm hilarious my man ;)

I see I'm losing a fighting battle with this one. I never meant to imply there was anything wrong with slagging the Hibbies, it's a big part of being a Jambo. I just think a lot of it is peurile, uninventive and repetitive.

Which no doubt i'll forget when I'm singing about their exemplary winless streak in the Scottish cup on Saturday morning.

I'm all for anti-Hobo banter. What would be the point of winning the bragging rights if we didn't exploit them! FTH!

Aye, I must have. Here was me thinking it was to go to games and support your team. Imagine my surprise to find it should consist of shouting Hobo and wee team at passing Hibbies.

No you got it wrong.

mod delete

It is.

Well on Saturday I shall stand up before kick off and give our visiting group of supporters a long and generous round of applause for turning up.

And then at the end of the game I shall repeat the gesture no matter what the result as it is all about the sport.

Certain parts of this post may be fictional

That's the spirit!

Too right bud.

I love this site, and most of you's are top lads!

But two days before derby day, with a couple of beers there's nowt tiresome about starting on your rivals!

Next few days Ill go in hibernation, win or lose cause Ill probably get banned for what I say, but that is life - that is football!!

'mon the cabbage :)

Well on Saturday I shall stand up before kick off and give our visiting group of supporters a long and generous round of applause for turning up.

And then at the end of the game I shall repeat the gesture no matter what the result as it is all about the sport.

****ing genius :biggrin:

:rofl::thumb:

****ing genius :biggrin:

Rocky, you are a glutton for punishment, but you seem to enjoy it. I am a fellow ",hobo,vermin,wee team supporting, brazil mytholigising, jakey etc etc" and you have my sympathy. To all my Jambo cousins, good luck on sat, and may the green team win:)

Rocky, you are a glutton for punishment, but you seem to enjoy it. I am a fellow "Aids riddled,hobo,vermin,wee team supporting, brazil mytholigising, jakey etc etc" and you have my sympathy. To all my Jambo cousins, good luck on sat, and may the green team win:)

Take banter as it is pal. I dont hate the Hearts, hate the weegie more. & get more football talk out of this website than any other Ive came across.

Mon the Cabbage :)

Take banter as it is pal. I dont hate the Hearts, hate the weegie more. & get more football talk out of this website than any other Ive came across.

Mon the Cabbage :)

I look at this site alot and there are a few superb posters, but I feel a lot of threads get shouted down before they start. Hate is not a word I use much, but I often see it here.

I look at this site alot and there are a few superb posters, but I feel a lot of threads get shouted down before they start. Hate is not a word I use much, but I often see it here.

Go and have a look at hibs.net and you'll see this place aint all that bad mate!

I was a member over there for about 5 minutes. As soon as they see you're not a hobo, every single post you make is slated. Without reason. Without basis. Simply cos your a Jambo.

And re the word hate, I reserve that for one man and one man only.....the pieman.

In saying that, I effin hate all you hobo tramps:p

Go and have a look at hibs.net and you'll see this place aint all that bad mate!

I was a member over there for about 5 minutes. As soon as they see you're not a hobo, every single post you make is slated. Without reason. Without basis. Simply cos your a Jambo.

And re the word hate, I reserve that for one man and one man only.....the pieman.

In saying that, I effin hate all you hobo tramps:p

Thanks for the tramps comment.:cheers: I dream of a double layered box.

There are a lot of Hearts supporters on .net and most of them are valued members. I will try not to get banned here, as I said, there are some really good posters here. Was the pieman so bad?

They are the wee team.

We've got a far superior head to head record, have won more trophies and (for my lifetime anyway) had more fans attending our games.

No matter how bad things are we are still the big team.

Do you really want us to stress over the state of our club constantly, not even have a litte break to look forward to something and laugh at someone else? Christ, you must be a right laugh.

Did you smile today? How could you with the state our club is in, you should be constantly crying.

They are the wee team.

We've got a far superior head to head record, have won more trophies and (for my lifetime anyway) had more fans attending our games.

In MY lifetime, hibs have won more silverware. Stats eh?:)

Coburg Hearts
They are the wee team.

We've got a far superior head to head record' date=' have won more trophies and (for my lifetime anyway) had more fans attending our games.

In MY lifetime, hibs have won more silverware. Stats eh?:)[/quote']

You must have been born between 1962 and 1972, I think. Fortunately, I have seen Hearts win three times as much silverware than Hibs, and yes, I was born before 1962. :)

CH

PS you could be less than 18 months old, I guess.

You must have been born between 1962 and 1972' date=' I think. Fortunately, I have seen Hearts win three times as much silverware than Hibs, and yes, I was born before 1962. :)

CH

PS you could be less than 18 months old, I guess.[/quote']

The 'for my lifetime' bit was in reference to the attendances. As for trophies in my lifetime, it's 2 each. Two diddy cups for the wee team and two Scottish cups for the Big Team.

Coburg Hearts

The 'for my lifetime' bit was in reference to the attendances. As for trophies in my lifetime' date=' it's 2 each. Two diddy cups for the wee team and two Scottish cups for the Big Team.

Oops, sorry about that FJ. I thought I was replying to Snorkey but I understand now. :)

CH

Oops' date=' sorry about that FJ. I thought I was replying to Snorkey but I understand now. :)

CH[/quote']

It's ok, it was aimed at him as well.

Coburg Hearts

What I can't understand is that Snorkey reveals, in his profile, that he was born in 1991. So how can he have seen Hibs win more trophies than us? If he is really saying that......this is getting a bit confusing.

Maybe I should have a wee word with myself. ;)

CH

For what it's worth mate, I agree with you - though I'm aware I'm maybe the only JKBer who does! Personally, I can't see what's so different now to 40 or 50 years ago: back then, there was banter and rivalry, but it was rarely nasty, and a good number of Jambos used to happily watch Hibs every other week too. What changed? Is it just that we live in an angrier world, or something? But while I'm all for banter and humour (for example, that brilliant "History of Hibernian FC" which was posted on here some months back: that was absolutely superb, and had me in stitches), so many of the jibes and insults now are just incredibly tiresome.

Just my personal opinion though, before anyone jumps down my throat! On the whole "wee team" thing, the reason it makes me cringe it's because it's such a hostage to fortune. Such a claim needs to be backed with results all the time - yet the derbies have been pretty even over the past decade, Hibs are currently above us in the table, despite a shocking run of form and our enormous advantage in terms of budget, and they won a trophy more recently than us too, knocking us out en route. Moreover, it's frankly hilarious how many posters who've been going mental at Vlad over the past few months were also the first to goad Hibs fans with all that nonsense about the title, Champions League success and how we were now in a totally different league. Because since then, it's been downhill all the way...

In sum: history tells us that when Hearts fans get too cocky, reality has a horrible habit of returning to bite us on the bum - and the reality is that, at present, Hibs are in the ascendancy: albeit in a contest between two bald men fighting over a comb.

For what it's worth mate, I agree with you - though I'm aware I'm maybe the only JKBer who does! Personally, I can't see what's so different now to 40 or 50 years ago: back then, there was banter and rivalry, but it was rarely nasty, and a good number of Jambos used to happily watch Hibs every other week too. What changed? Is it just that we live in an angrier world, or something? But while I'm all for banter and humour (for example, that brilliant "History of Hibernian FC" which was posted on here some months back: that was absolutely superb, and had me in stitches), so many of the jibes and insults now are just incredibly tiresome.

Just my personal opinion though, before anyone jumps down my throat! On the whole "wee team" thing, the reason it makes me cringe it's because it's such a hostage to fortune. Such a claim needs to be backed with results all the time - yet the derbies have been pretty even over the past decade, Hibs are currently above us in the table, despite a shocking run of form and our enormous advantage in terms of budget, and they won a trophy more recently than us too, knocking us out en route. Moreover, it's frankly hilarious how many posters who've been going mental at Vlad over the past few months were also the first to goad Hibs fans with all that nonsense about the title, Champions League success and how we were now in a totally different league. Because since then, it's been downhill all the way...

In sum: history tells us that when Hearts fans get too cocky, reality has a horrible habit of returning to bite us on the bum - and the reality is that, at present, Hibs are in the ascendancy: albeit in a contest between two bald men fighting over a comb.

Agree with most of this Shaun. Maybe it is a wimmun thing but I really do not understand this hatred thing. Hate is a strong strong word. Footie banter is brilliant, I love it. I am married to a hibby so I know for a fact that they are not all smack injecting caravan living persons. In fact he is an extremely well educated man, earns oodles and oodles of tax free cash and who gives me everything (well nearly;)) that Daddy used to give me before I married him.

Basically what I am saying is I cannot get off on this hate thing. I am not very old, but even I remember when it was good old fashioned rivalry and banter, hatred is bad for the soul.

Spitonastranger

The Hobos getting pumped in any game is nearly as good as us winning, always has been always will be FTH:dribble:

Spitonastranger

can we call them the realy wee team then;)

But we do cos they are.

A bit of bianter is OK and there are some funny comments but the hibees are gay song got boring pretty fast and the "FTH!" never was funny or witty, just sad.

Guest JamboRobbo
I just think most of the rivalry has descended into witless goading and endless re-runs of the same old stuff.

Agreed. Although I don't think it's descended into that. Thats all it ever was.

It's the lack of any proper hate that I like most about the current set of Hearts-Hibs jibes. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I really love the fact that we're singing songs about big/wee teams, cup winning (or lack thereof) or funny shaped heads...rather than some of the venomous bile you hear between some other teams. It's amusing in a very basic way, but good humour is no bad thing and it's one of the reasons we get so excited about derbies. Yes, we go to watch a good game of football...but for me, it's almost just as much about the banter. :)

Archived