Worst away support I can ever remember.

Nelly Terraces

Didn't go. Said after Motherwell I was done with away games.

It's hard work sitting at home while my team are playing but in a small insignificant way it's my own wee protest.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boabyarsebiscuit
Didn't go. Said after Motherwell I was done with away games.

It's hard work sitting at home while my team are playing but in a small insignificant way it's my own wee protest.

Good for you.

I'm sure the players appreciated your "non-support".

Miller Jambo 60
says it all about a lot of "fans" when they sit on here with 1000s of posts but cant support there team eh.

Like i said before 33 pounds for my laddie and i was a joke, so got as far as thinking about going.

Never used to miss a game, but those lazy bassas on the park dont deserve it.

Enjoyed my walk round inverleith after the game.

Just to prove there is more to life.

The players want shot after that show today.

How?

I took the "I'm sure the players appreciated your non-support" as a dig. Can't say I'm too fussed either way, tbh; never really understood the point of being a "better fan" or not...

Miller Jambo 60
I took the "I'm sure the players appreciated your non-support" as a dig. Can't say I'm too fussed either way, tbh; never really understood the point of being a "better fan" or not...

Im a better fan at not going than the fans that went.

No thats no right.

WTF the players dont care should i.

Doug, Want coffeeed big man:smiley2:

boabyarsebiscuit

Look. You're a Queen of the South supporting wind-up merchant who likes the banter on a Hearts internet messageboard and acts like they own the place. Please don't give it any "better fan" crap when you don't know what's in my mind when I post. Like I said earlier, in a post you chose not to quote, I was glad I went to the game today. Is that OK with you?

CavySlaveJambo

During the first time I was planning on using the internet on my phone. Yes I was there it was quite, no supporters were making any noise.

No banter nothing.

The second half inspite of sending off's etc was much more entertaining. and Louder, even if it was slagging of the ref and the SFA

i went today and except for the first half hour until we jigged the team and formation about, i felt we played quite well and if the ref hadn't lost the plot in the second half we would of got something from the game.

i went today and except for the first half hour until we jigged the team and formation about, i felt we played quite well and if the ref hadn't lost the plot in the second half we would of got something from the game.

If you thought at any stage in that game we played quite well, you must have been watching from the Sainsbury's behind the ground!

stevie-wonder-embarks-on-magical-summer-tour.gif

:)

Good for you.

Do you honestly think this bunch of players (or more acurately imposters wearing Hearts jerseys ) care about your support ?

Good for you.

Well you know I figured I might try a new tactic...clearly attending away games and showing my support doesn't achieve feck all either!

I've missed 3 away games in 30 months. Travel the length and breadth of the country often with 3 teenagers and a 9 year old in tow and can easily spend ?100 attending an away game, that's aside from the grand I spent heading to Zagreb of course and of course I've only been following them home and away for nearly 30 years. If that's non-support I am guilty as charged!

Now I applaud you and every other one of us who still has the stomach to attend the away games and watch that dross I genuinely do take my hat off to you all but I (and judging by the crowds plenty others) have had enough for the time being.

Well done to the fans today (quite a few more in the hospitality areas:stuart:).

As PJ1 said earlier, without doing anything special we played better with 10/9 men, i put that down to having an extra forward in Elliot on the field.

PS Anyone else in hospitality boxes know if we got a breakfast or a lunch................chicken in a sauce, hash brown, black pudding, mashed tatties, fried tomato and a casserole sausage all on the one plate :hat2:

Well done to the fans today (quite a few more in the hospitality areas:stuart:).

As PJ1 said earlier, without doing anything special we played better with 10/9 men, i put that down to having an extra forward in Elliot on the field.

PS Anyone else in hospitality boxes know if we got a breakfast or a lunch................chicken in a sauce, hash brown, black pudding, mashed tatties, fried tomato and a casserole sausage all on the one plate :hat2:

dinner

Look. You're a Queen of the South supporting wind-up merchant who likes the banter on a Hearts internet messageboard and acts like they own the place. Please don't give it any "better fan" crap when you don't know what's in my mind when I post. Like I said earlier, in a post you chose not to quote, I was glad I went to the game today. Is that OK with you?

:rofl:

Glad you wasted loads of money, time and body heat watching that sh*te? Clear revisionism, imo.

I could have had a free ticket for today but i would not want to waste my Sunday watching two terrible football teams in a horrible football ground in a horrible place. I have more worthwhile things to do with my life and i am sure my wife and kids appreciate the fact i have spent a Sunday with them instead of wasting it watching Hearts.

I could have had a free ticket for today but i would not want to waste my Sunday watching two terrible football teams in a horrible football ground in a horrible place. I have more worthwhile things to do with my life and i am sure my wife and kids appreciate the fact i have spent a Sunday with them instead of wasting it watching Hearts.

If you only spent time with your wife and kids because Hearts are currently crap I doubt they will be overly appreciative of your sacrifice. :smiley2:

If you only spent time with your wife and kids because Hearts are currently crap I doubt they will be overly appreciative of your sacrifice. :smiley2:

They dont know that though.

:rofl:

Glad you wasted loads of money, time and body heat watching that sh*te? Clear revisionism, imo.

There's nothing I'd rather spend my cash on than following HMFC.

Like I've said on many other threads recently, if you can't take the rough with the smooth, then don't bother at all.

Nelly Terraces

Pretty sad that this thread, which was kind of an attempt to try and highlight how the current situation at the club has led to a great number of genuine fans who have, over the years, gone to great lengths to support the cub through thick and thin have now really just had enough and no longer can face going to games (the fact I mentioned we got more away in Div 1 was a pretty large clue to that, some folk missed the point totally).

Also wanted to highlight the fact that those who did go today have nothing but my admiration and were, yet again, cheated out their money by moneygrabbing lowlife parading in Hearts colours at this time.

And folk can say what the feck the like, I don't in the slightest feel guilty about not going. My conscience is clear after what I've been through over 32 years watching this club.

Shame it's turned into a sad 'I'm a better fan than you' style childish playground infight and wind up's. We've all just about had enough and the club is sinking into the depths, but if folk can't see both sides of this particular 'arguement' then they need a bit of a shake I reckon.

Still, no matter what, least none of you are hobos, so that keeps it in a bit of perspective. :2thumbsup:

Cheers boys.

Pretty sad that this thread, which was kind of an attempt to try and highlight how the current situation at the club has led to a great number of genuine fans who have, over the years, gone to great lengths to support the cub through thick and thin have now really just had enough and no longer can face going to games (the fact I mentioned we got more away in Div 1 was a pretty large clue to that, some folk missed the point totally).

Also wanted to highlight the fact that those who did go today have nothing but my admiration and were, yet again, cheated out their money by moneygrabbing lowlife parading in Hearts colours at this time.

And folk can say what the feck the like, I don't in the slightest feel guilty about not going. My conscience is clear after what I've been through over 32 years watching this club.

Shame it's turned into a sad 'I'm a better fan than you' style childish playground infight and wind up's. We've all just about had enough and the club is sinking into the depths, but if folk can't see both sides of this particular 'arguement' then they need a bit of a shake I reckon.

Still, no matter what, least none of you are hobos, so that keeps it in a bit of perspective. :2thumbsup:

Cheers boys.

I agree. Some did seem to miss what you were getting at.

However, a 12:45 kickoff on a Sunday and live on tv wouldn't bring out the best support for even a succesful Hearts side.

Nelly Terraces
I agree. Some did seem to miss what you were getting at.

However, a 12:45 kickoff on a Sunday and live on tv wouldn't bring out the best support for even a succesful Hearts side.

Yeah, cheers Dave. Maybe it was the pish way I put the message over heh heh! Wouldn't be the 1st time!! Aye, the ko time etc deffo contributed to a lower than normal showing.

Yeah, cheers Dave. Maybe it was the pish way I put the message over heh heh! Wouldn't be the 1st time!! Aye, the ko time etc deffo contributed to a lower than normal showing.

I had planned to go but didn't get in until about 4 so wasn't really in a fit state to drive. :th_o:

462 there today.

However ?22 and ?11 for the laddie - joke. They had a cheek collecting for Hamilton Yoputh Dev outside the turnstile when they were charging that much to get in.

Any hobo's reading this - 10,300 for a team sitting 3rd. Pash.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
462 there today.

However ?22 and ?11 for the laddie - joke. They had a cheek collecting for Hamilton Yoputh Dev outside the turnstile when they were charging that much to get in.

Any hobo's reading this - 10,300 for a team sitting 3rd. Pash.

Exactly. ?22 for a shocking standard of football is a fecking joke. I paid that to go and watch Sunderland v Arsenal the other week, some of the best players in the world on show in a great arena.

?22 to watch David Obua and Mikael Antoine-Curier. Jesus Christ.

Well done to the fans that travelled . There was a time when I hardly missed a game. Even a live away game on tv I would still go. Sadly not now.

The first impression I got entering the ground today is that it seemed like a pre-season friendly.It just didn't feel like a Hearts away match but I'm not in the least bit surprised.Today I've realised that it's no wonder that lots of fans have had enough of the performances and I had to question myself if what I was seeing was really happening?!

The 2 goals we lost were criminal and junior teams wouldn't have lost goals like that and I just couldn't believe the lack of effort especially in the first half hour.I really felt sorry for all those that turned up today and I can honestly say that I have never seen a Hearts team anywhere as bad as that.It was freezing too and the only time I felt my blood getting warmer was when that joke of an Sfa referee made his woeful decisions which prompted me out of my seat! I really am puzzled if we've been as bad as we are now and I've been going to games since 1974!?

Outwith the 2 Gretna games its the lowest crowd overall we have ever played in front of in the Premier/SPL.

I suspect that it is the lowest travelling support we have ever had in either the Premier/SPL.

never mind the amount of fans at away games i predict a low crowd for the next two home games. i will be there as i have season tickets but i won't sit and watch us get pumped at home. if we go a couple down i will get up and go home because it hurts to much to watch. anybody who says we are to good or to big to go down is seriously deranged and clearly are not watching what is on display. we are one dimensional with no attacking bite whatsoever despite playing with two wingers for most of the season. incidentally we won at killie with a much more solid middle four with no wingers and i think this would be a better way for us to play.

we could easily find ourselves bottom of the league before xmas and once we are down there everything will become even harder. it happened to hibs and to dundee united so those that think it can't happen to us wake up and smell the coffee we are rank rotten

Should make it easier for me to get a ticket for the 3rd January. In a totally perverse way I am looking forward to it. Would not surprise me if we raise our game and actually beat them!!!

i would say 250 medals or certificates to be handed out to anybody brave enough or stupid enough to go and watch that kak

I certainly dont want a medal as yesterday was no worse than Kilmarnock all I want is to see a winning team on the park. I will continue to go to all the away games but I am afraid with what we have seen the last two weeks is going to be the norm for a while to come

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I watched the game on tv yesterday, as others have said I can't justify ?22 plus travel, food, beer etc even if we were playing well, but certainly not the way we've been playing this season!

What struck me in the opening minutes of the game was the total lack of any kind of atmosphere. This isn't meant as a go at the loyal supporters who dragged themselves through, but just as an indication of the complete sense of apathy surrounding the club at the moment. Away games used to be great fun, and the atmosphere used to be bouncing. Now, it seems like people go to games expecting the whole thing to be utter sh*te, and nine times out of ten being proved right.

Well done to the lads and lassies who made it through, all those who continue going to away games should be issued with loyalty cards for life, so they are guaranteed tickets for away/cup games when we come good again! :2thumbsup:

Actually thought the most surprising thing was the low Hamilton turnout.

Unlike us, they are playing a good, attractive style of passing football. No wage thieves there that I saw.

Yet presumably the locals are heading to Celtic Park or Ibrox each week.

There were only 6 supporters buses there yesterday and 2 of them were minibuses, Danderhall's bus(the one I travel on) should have been a 24 seater but a coach was sent instead, so it should have been 3 coaches and 3 minibuses, we as a club are frequently having to take a 24 seater to away games this season, can't blame anybody though for not wanting to go and see the garbage that we are being served up at the moment.

Hans von Luck
2003 attendance. what must Sky think?

I am sure that some of the Junior teams get more than that on a Saturday.

Still thats ?22 in my tail for Xmas. :curtain:

suzie_preston
Early kick off, Sunday and on Sky was my excuse.

There's no excuse for not supporting your team threw thick & thin if you really are a true supporter, to many part timers call themselves fans :stuart:

Hans von Luck
There's no excuse for not supporting your team threw thick & thin if you really are a true supporter, to many part timers call themselves fans :stuart:

Part timers eah

Christ some of those posting are 100% loyal Hearts fans and support the "club" through thick and thin, however stupitidity is unnaceptable.

Alloa, Morton, Raith, Arbroath, QoS just to name a few places in the past.

suzie_preston
Part timers eah

Christ some of those posting are 100% loyal Hearts fans and support the "club" through thick and thin, however stupitidity is unnaceptable.

Alloa, Morton, Raith, Arbroath, QoS just to name a few places in the past.

would that be a 100% loyal on a keyboard fans or fans that acually pay money to sit or stand in the freezing cold & hopefully give some encouragement to their team?

Well done to everyone who made it :2thumbsup:

I actually think a support of 200-400 was not even that bad given the circumstances.

MacDonald Jardine
Outwith the 2 Gretna games its the lowest crowd overall we have ever played in front of in the Premier/SPL.

I suspect that it is the lowest travelling support we have ever had in either the Premier/SPL.

No it isn't.

We've had at least one lower home crowd than that.

Charlie-Brown

This can't be right - I was at Hearts v Killie at Tynie after both teams were already relegated in 1980-81 and the crowd was only approx 1800 - less than 2K anyway.

This game

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198104041.html

This away game at Killie same season was even lower

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198103241.html

Hans von Luck
would that be a 100% loyal on a keyboard fans or fans that acually pay money to sit or stand in the freezing cold & hopefully give some encouragement to their team?

Sounds as though you were still a apple in yer daddys eye when I first started watchin HMFC.

As for loyal keyboard basher there are many on here including myself (NT & Dave McLaren to name a couple)who have clocked up thousands of miles over the years.

Common sence is not very common as they say.

P.S

Should you not be doing the cleaning or ironing on a Sunday :curtain:

The Treasurer
I've been living outside of Scotland for the best part of 7 years so I've got some making up to do. But as I sat in the stand today I was struck by how poor it all was.

First visit to New Douglas Park and it wouldn't look out of place in the League of Wales. Aberystwyth's ground is comparable, but at least there you can choose to jump up and down on the terracing to keep warm. The cameras made it look like a subutteo stadium, where you could only afford 1 stand, but have still bought all the accessories.

The tactics from both teams would be better suited to rugby - defend in numbers, occaisonally lump the ball up the pitch and look scared of the forward pass or carrying the ball into space. The level of skill shown by Hamilton (like St Johnstone two weeks ago) were shocking. The number of times they passed the ball straight out of play and their inability to score in the second half was like watching a game in the local park. Hearts have better quality players but approached the game like a pre-season friendly with no effort and refused to press the ball for the first 30minutes.

The referee was like when you give a parent the whistle at a kids game, they don't know the rules and can't help but favour their own team.

The atmosphere was rubbish too. I think the first song to take off was 'your not fit to wear the shirt' when we went 2-0 down. Only picked up in the second half because we could all have a good scream at the ref.

I might have been spolied by mainly watching Premiership football from in the pub for the last few years, but at ?22 a head they were lucky to get as many as they did.

Very good post.

Archived