Worst away support I can ever remember.

Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

What did we have there today, 250 at the most? Embarrassing.

Lates face it, no wonder hardly anyone can be bothered showing up to watch those blunts. Absolute gutless spineless thieving pondlife poncing round in maroon shirts for us these days don't deserve any support.

We took more (far more) away when in Div 1. See you at Starks Park next season boys. :2thumbsup:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peebles jambo

i would say 250 medals or certificates to be handed out to anybody brave enough or stupid enough to go and watch that kak

Nelly Terraces
Respect for the guys and girls who went through.

Need their heads examined, but total respect. They deserve their cash back for that show. Poor sods, mugged again by thieving trash.

Need their heads examined, but total respect. They deserve their cash back for that show. Poor sods, mugged again by thieving trash.

:smiley2:

Lates face it, no wonder hardly anyone can be bothered showing up to watch those blunts. Absolute gutless spineless thieving pondlife poncing round in maroon shirts for us these days don't deserve any support.

We took more (far more) away when in Div 1. See you at Starks Park next season boys. :2thumbsup:

you missed out clueless as well (and all the other lesses)

Nucky Thompson

The team were pish but it's also cheating the fans when it's not a fair match and ref is a ******.

loveofthegame

Fair play to those who went. There was a time when i wouldn't miss a game, happy to not waste my money travelling right now. I'll go to Falkirk for the trip on boxing day and Easter Road as i never miss it. Outwith them and the cup games there won't be many more away trips for me this season.

4 years ago there were 7000 fans at Livingston for a live game. Today there were about 350. Tells a story don't you think?

Nelly Terraces
Respect for them that made the trip,but you would have to be tripping to go and watch that shower,sorry.

:2thumbsup: Far out.

I said after the game at Fir Park a few weeks ago that I would not be going to any more away games. Unfortunately, being a bit senile, I forgot and kept on going, including today. The first 20 minutes were the worst I have ever seen from a Hearts team. They were a total shambles. From there on in though, I thought they were the better team, even when down to 9, and could have got a draw out of it. Looking at the penalty claim they should have got a draw. The referee was a disgrace.

Incidentally, it's a bit rich for the OP to say the away support was a "disgrace" when he didn't bother to go himself, thus contributing to that "disgrace".

portobellojambo1
The team were pish but it's also cheating the fans when it's not a fair match and ref is a ******.

The strange thing is though The Boo that we actually came into the game more when we went down to 10 men, and then had another mini surge when we went down to 9 men.

For the first 25/30 minutes of the match, when it was still 11 a side we were chronically awful. I know some are saying we could have got a draw (fact is we could have in reality), but it is possibly closer to the truth to say that if Hamilton had taken even some of the many, many chances they created that game could have ended up as a cricket score.

They were taking the p*ss out of us for the first 30 minutes, and could have gone in at H/T 4 or 5 up. Then towards the end, after Bouzid went they again had countless chances to finish the game off as we had sort of given up all efforts to defend by that point (apart from Craig Thomson).

Think Calum Elliot's run into the box in injury time was possibly only the third time we achieved that feat (one Jonsson scored from and one burst from Santana early on were the other limited offerings in an attacking sense).

portobellojambo1

Wait for the non attenders to gather their wits NT, you'll face a barrage before long, telling you to shut up. I'll refrain from commenting on it, although the total was even less than I expected to turn up (but apparently "thousands" of Hearts fans have got better things to do than go watch Hearts, it's all about priorities)

At this moment in time I am absolutely raging I went especially since it was ?22 to get in. After the MOtherwell game a few weeks ago I was thinking only going to the away games every now and then because I wasn't enjoying watching us sit back and defend and try not to lose rather than try to win.

I have since been to Kilmarnock and Hamilton. After 25 minutes I was already composing a letter to Csaba and Heart of Midlothian (in my head) to ask for my money back. And a list of reasons why.

Told myself to stop being a fud.

I said after the game at Fir Park a few weeks ago that I would not be going to any more away games. Unfortunately, being a bit senile, I forgot and kept on going, including today. The first 20 minutes were the worst I have ever seen from a Hearts team. They were a total shambles. From there on in though, I thought they were the better team, even when down to 9, and could have got a draw out of it. Looking at the penalty claim they should have got a draw. The referee was a disgrace.

Incidentally, it's a bit rich for the OP to say the away support was a "disgrace" when he didn't bother to go himself, thus contributing to that "disgrace".

I went to that match at Motherwell. First away game in 4 years, usually working and it'll be the last again for a long time. Last time i was there, was 97/98 and watched as we thumped them 4-1 think we scored 4 against them the second game at Fir Park too that season but while i was sitting watching that garbage a few weeks back i couldn't help thinking back to the good old days. Also wondered why i was actually sitting watching this pish too!

Miller Jambo 60

True to every word mate.

Mind you 22 and 11 pounds was a rip off wi the game on tv.

Managed to get sky sports and movies for 12.75 for 2 months.

Yes Hearts better start paying me in.

As for the ref WTF.

Nelly Terraces

You put the words "disgrace" is quotes, but my post never used that word. Read things properly before posting.

Fair play for turning out though, I'm just one of the other several 'plastic' fans that never bothered going to watch a bunch of virtual criminals ponce about trying to play football.

Suppose not all of us can be as vituous as you though. The times I used to have to do a 900 mile journey in the same day to watch us must have been a figment of my imagination. Wouldn't cross the road to watch Thief FC nowadays.

I was there, could have done with a few more folk around me for shelter from the wind!!

Brutal day all round yet again, can fully understand why folk have had enough.

Do you know what worries me more than anything? my first season was 85-86 and I've never seen 'bleak' days as many have..glorious failures of course just never the relegated days...when I was watching it with dad today I asked him how bad he thought we were compared to those days and he refused to answer me. I'd say his silence says it's gonna be a long winter folks..don't leave them though as it's the worst thing you could do if you want the club to survive.

I went because I had complimentaries :2thumbsup:

The thing about the crowd is that Laszlo's football has numbed us. Not only the attendances are dropping but the apathy amongst the crowd who actually go is noticeable.

250 tops I would say.

I'm assuming since the Joke cup semi is on a cold wednesday night in the middle of february against a relatively small team then the crowd will be even smaller.:hat2:

At this moment in time I am absolutely raging I went especially since it was ?22 to get in. After the MOtherwell game a few weeks ago I was thinking only going to the away games every now and then because I wasn't enjoying watching us sit back and defend and try not to lose rather than try to win.

I have since been to Kilmarnock and Hamilton. After 25 minutes I was already composing a letter to Csaba and Heart of Midlothian (in my head) to ask for my money back. And a list of reasons why.

Told myself to stop being a fud.

I think your being a bit hard on yourself bud in any entertainment business you would feel you were entitled to some reconpense for being ripped off ( right royaly so imo) please write your letter, be glad to put my name to it also.:57:

LIving 10 mins away from New Douglas Park, I had all the intentions of going to this game, but I seriously could not justify spending 20 odd quid on absolute dross when I can spend it on xmas etc.

Still feel like **** for not going though.

You put the words "disgrace" is quotes, but my post never used that word. Read things properly before posting.

Fair play for turning out though, I'm just one of the other several 'plastic' fans that never bothered going to watch a bunch of virtual criminals ponce about trying to play football.

Suppose not all of us can be as vituous as you though. The times I used to have to do a 900 mile journey in the same day to watch us must have been a figment of my imagination. Wouldn't cross the road to watch Thief FC nowadays.

It would be fairer to say Hearts with more than its fair share of thieves and a total ****ripper of a manager fc as i think some players are hurting as mutch as us.:hat2:

Nelly Terraces
It would be fairer to say Hearts with more than its fair share of thieves and a total ****ripper of a manager fc as i think some players are hurting as mutch as us.:hat2:

I doubt that most of them would give a toss about anythg to do with Hearts. The folk who paid to watch that dross today deserve a medal imho. And an apology from the manager and players.

I doubt that most of them would give a toss about anythg to do with Hearts. The folk who paid to watch that dross today deserve a medal imho. And an apology from the manager and players.

ok agreed Nelly, i think its time we as fans should be pointing out to the players & manager that WE FANS are the club not them as they will be an unpleasant memory and we will always be here, but having said that you get accused of being a boo boy on here for even hinting at a thing like that.:th_o:

I went because I had complimentaries :2thumbsup:

The thing about the crowd is that Laszlo's football has numbed us. Not only the attendances are dropping but the apathy amongst the crowd who actually go is noticeable.

Thing is it's not just Laszlos football, it's been like this for a few years really. If we had not been grinding out the results, despite the mind-numbing football ,last season I would have expected the same response from the fans.

I don't blame anyone who doesn't go and I completely applaud those who do - I haven't been for a few months as money is tight and when it's nearly ?20 per game, well there are just other things I need to spend it on.

I don't want a medal. Just a much much better performance next week. Particualrly first half.....and an honest ref would be nice too.

Thing is it's not just Laszlos football, it's been like this for a few years really. If we had not been grinding out the results, despite the mind-numbing football ,last season I would have expected the same response from the fans.

I don't blame anyone who doesn't go and I completely applaud those who do - I haven't been for a few months as money is tight and when it's nearly ?20 per game, well there are just other things I need to spend it on.

I got a fair bit of stick on here for criticising Laszlo last season. His flaws were there last year but we were grinding out those results - some of them due to the return of Bruno and Neilson - and others through incredible luck.

We've not carried any luck this season - but Laszlo isn't any different. His football is rank.

I was there - and well done to the others that made it through.

Sadly, today's performance, result and turnout summed up everything that is wrong with HMFC at the moment.

I just wish those who ran the club knew how painful it is for those of us who care about the club to see it being dragged through the mud like this.

Charlie-Brown

Bad football, early sunday kick off, pre-xmas, live tv all will have had a negative effect on the attendance but mostly it's the poor football produced by manager/team.

I once went to an away league cup tie at Kilbowie where the total attendance was only 539 so I guess that must have been one of the lowest away supports that night - our club shared a bus with 2 other supprters clubs that night and there was still only 13 people including myself on it - 84-85 season I think?

I've been living outside of Scotland for the best part of 7 years so I've got some making up to do. But as I sat in the stand today I was struck by how poor it all was.

First visit to New Douglas Park and it wouldn't look out of place in the League of Wales. Aberystwyth's ground is comparable, but at least there you can choose to jump up and down on the terracing to keep warm. The cameras made it look like a subutteo stadium, where you could only afford 1 stand, but have still bought all the accessories.

The tactics from both teams would be better suited to rugby - defend in numbers, occaisonally lump the ball up the pitch and look scared of the forward pass or carrying the ball into space. The level of skill shown by Hamilton (like St Johnstone two weeks ago) were shocking. The number of times they passed the ball straight out of play and their inability to score in the second half was like watching a game in the local park. Hearts have better quality players but approached the game like a pre-season friendly with no effort and refused to press the ball for the first 30minutes.

The referee was like when you give a parent the whistle at a kids game, they don't know the rules and can't help but favour their own team.

The atmosphere was rubbish too. I think the first song to take off was 'your not fit to wear the shirt' when we went 2-0 down. Only picked up in the second half because we could all have a good scream at the ref.

I might have been spolied by mainly watching Premiership football from in the pub for the last few years, but at ?22 a head they were lucky to get as many as they did.

letsalllaughathobos

well stop whining about it then if you cant be bothered going your oppinion does not count in my eyes pal.

Wait for the non attenders to gather their wits NT, you'll face a barrage before long, telling you to shut up. I'll refrain from commenting on it, although the total was even less than I expected to turn up (but apparently "thousands" of Hearts fans have got better things to do than go watch Hearts, it's all about priorities)[/quote]

Glad to see you have got the message at last PJ1 :smiley2:

Respect to you and the rest of the travelling fans but its clear to see that with 13000 at home games and the away support being numbered in hundreds I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this bunch of chancers are not worth the petrol/entrance money, never mind the fact that Hearts are not losing out financialy through non attendance of away games.

Nelly Terraces
well stop whining about it then if you cant be bothered going your oppinion does not count in my eyes pal.

Heh heh, who'se whining? Glad to se you totally misread the intention of the post (and ignored subsequent). Bit thick that I've gotta say. Sounds like yer gettin all hot and bothered under the collar son. Go have a lie down, then come back and start making some sense, there's a good boy.:curtain:

There was a time when I would have been there. Today I didn't even get out of my bed in time to watch it on the TV. Says it all really.

letsalllaughathobos
Heh heh, who'se whining? Glad to se you totally misread the intention of the post (and ignored subsequent). Bit thick that I've gotta say. Sounds like yer gettin all hot and bothered under the collar son. Go have a lie down, then come back and start making some sense, there's a good boy.:curtain:

go and **** yersel ya ****ing idiot

letsalllaughathobos
go and **** yersel ya ****ing idiot

says it all about a lot of "fans" when they sit on here with 1000s of posts but cant support there team eh.

I was there today 1st time in years for an away game(got it as a freebie) won't rush back.

Thank god i got a student discount card,even then its not worth it

letsalllaughathobos
letsalllaughathobos is sobbing with fury.

just sick o hearing the same ****e fi the same ***** that couldnae even bother there arse going to support there team.

boabyarsebiscuit

Not long back, with no bus running it was a train job and we stayed behind in Hamilton for a bevvy.

First 20 minutes we could have been 4 down. But we weren't. At the end we were only denied by a complete cheat of a referee.

Heard about the "afters" second hand from a Hamilton non-playing sub (who was a complete gent by the way) on the train back to Central.

Anyway. I'm glad I went today. Don't want a medal or anything. But definitely glad I went. Full marks to all my fellow Hearts fans who also made the trip.

Archived