John Collins Interview on Radio Scotland

tazhearts

Has anyone been listening to John Collins interview on Radio Scotland tonight? It was a very interesting and frank interview with Collins freely discussing the reasons why he left, his coaching methods and the player revolt. Collins came across quite well and only slightly arrogant. I was impressed with what Collins had to say re video analysis of opponents, diet, fitness and generally treating the players like athletes. Seems his monaco experience has really shaped his management ideas.

He did confirm how tight fisted the hibs board were and said he struggled to sign anyone because the wages offered were so low with Petrie quibbling over a couple of hundred pounds.

Alan Preston also confirmed that the Hearts wage budget for players was astronomical compared to Hibs budget. A bit depressing really given that we are not currently any better than hibs despite the wages we shell out.

Has anyone been listening to John Collins interview on Radio Scotland tonight? It was a very interesting and frank interview with Collins freely discussing the reasons why he left, his coaching methods and the player revolt. Collins came across quite well and only slightly arrogant. I was impressed with what Collins had to say re video analysis of opponents, diet, fitness and generally treating the players like athletes. Seems his monaco experience has really shaped his management ideas.

He did confirm how tight fisted the hibs board were and said he struggled to sign anyone because the wages offered were so low with Petrie quibbling over a couple of hundred pounds.

Alan Preston also confirmed that the Hearts wage budget for players was astronomical compared to Hibs budget. A bit depressing really given that we are not currently any better than hibs despite the wages we shell out.

I was more impressed in what he had to say about Keith Jackson.

what was said?

i never heard the interview, but anyone slagging off KJ gets a thumbs up from me

That was excellent and 100% true. basically anything else he said is nothing new.

Nelly Terraces
He confronted jackson at easter Road and asked him if he was on the payroll of Rangers.

Fair play.

Still a hobo barsteward though.;)

I think Collins always comes across as an intelligent man who will become a top manager. Hibs blew it, in my opinion, so why don't we go for him?

I think Collins always comes across as an intelligent man who will become a top manager. Hibs blew it, in my opinion, so why don't we go for him?

He's a ****in erse that ****ed up oor club..

Yeah, go for JC.....:dribble:

Sydney from Sydney

I like it. We sign Collins and we get Rat face for 400k from 'Tic.

Stewart's @arrse is oot the windy and signs for a Championship club. Collins then leaves us half way through his contract citing interference from Vlad, and Rat face gets a hiding from the punters in his local in downtown Pilton for daring to wear a hearts' shirt.

Go for it Vlad. Life's never boring as a Jambo.

I have to say that he impressed me as well.

I have a feeling that if he gets a new job with the right sort of club he could very well be a quality manager.

re video analysis of opponents, diet, fitness and generally treating the players like athletes. .

This is how it should be for highly paid professionals.

The players' revolt was a disgrace.

Buffalo Bill

I thought he came across pretty well and spoke a lot of sense, i even thought that he would be a decent appointment for Hearts until Mrs Robbodog shot me a look and i realised i was wrong. As well as JC came across i couldn't help but feel irritated every time Jim Duffy opened his mouth, he seemed to want to answer all JCs questions for him and came across as a right brown nosing suck up.

Surprise surprise bbc dont mention the Keith Jackson bit.... is he immune from being slated in media.

The mans a fecking dirrty little rat...... think I hate him more than, infact I do hate him more than collins.

I like how Preston got right into him about the semi final humpin, saying it could have been six or seven, go on yersel son!

To be fair, Collins was interesting and open.

There is no way that Collins has the balls to take on the Hearts job. Look how quickly he jumped ship when things werem't going his was at ER.

Archived