-12000? (NHC)

MMHearts

Proves how peeesh this league is this year.

Celtic are top, yet their fans can't be bothered.

The whole thing is going down the dumper, regardless of whom you support.

It certainly is. Heading back to 1990's figures and beyond... A few figures more or less at random from those days, from Celtics 2 home games against Hearts in those seasons...

1995-96 33K, 37K

1994-95 26K, 18K

1992-93 26K, 16K

Another year or two of the SPL in its present moribund condition, and we'll be starting to see these kind of attendences again.

Celtic and Rangers fans, though, just want to see their teams humping the opposition by 3-4-5 goals. They have no interest in seeing the league competitive (as it seems to be this year).

Hearts fans are the same - we dont want to see competitive matches we might lose - we like to see our team winning - that's why our crowds are highest when we believe we're going to win games.

Nonetheless, I dont care if Celtic's crowds are dropping - lets just hope that either Celtic or Rangers fail to get into the CHampions League next year, let's see their finances and crowds drop further and let's hope that the Jambos can finally do something.

Maybe winning the league in the next 5 years isn't such a far fetched idea.

The Mighty Thor

Tynecastle for the St Johnstone game wasn't much better. I'm not sure what the official attendance was but I think you'd be lucky if the actual attendance was 11k.

I know of 5 people around me in Wheatfield F that didn't show.

They and Rangers might start to give away teams a bigger allocation again (if the away team wants them!).

I'm sure if we were up near the top we could take at least 3k to Ibrox/Parkhead for a league game as we did easily in the 80's.

Aberdeen usually sell out their allocation at Ibrox such is the hatred between them so they would probably take more and Hibs possibly would also (this depends on them continuing their Brazilian like form).

The realisation for Celtic/Rangers fans is that they will not see players like Larsson/Sutton/Hartson/Petrov, Laudrup/Gascoigne/De Boers/Van Bronckhurst for the forseeable future.

They're back to where they were in the early 90's for Celtic and the early 80's for Rangers and surely for the rest of us that's a good thing? (If not good for them but **** them!)

Gorgie rule!

I remember being at pratically empty stadiums against both Rangers and Celtic during the 80's. Their fans are just as fickle as anybody elses.

It's just so desperately disappointing that we chose this year to be really poor when the OF are at their worst.

BLOODY TYPICAL!

ToadKiller Dog

yet the train back from the weidge was still full of those tramps ,i wonder what size there actual glasgow based ST holders is at .

yet the train back from the weidge was still full of those tramps ,i wonder what size there actual glasgow based ST holders is at .

I'm sure I read somewhere that there are 12000 Celtic season ticket holders and 14000 Rangers season ticket holders from Edinburgh!

ToadKiller Dog
I'm sure I read somewhere that there are 12000 Celtic season ticket holders and 14000 Rangers season ticket holders from Edinburgh!

yep on average more people leave for parkhead (estimated around 6,000) from dundee than go to home games at dens park .

yep on average more people leave for parkhead (estimated around 6,000) from dundee than go to home games at dens park .

That's a major reason why Scottish football is fecked!

Every chance then that is these tramps that are choosing not to travel through. Their current team is not playing 'the celtic way' as far as many are concerned + plus 3,4 and 5 goal romps are not the order of the day - GIRUY

Sheesh, these people should be fined :hang:

Tynecastle for the St Johnstone game wasn't much better. I'm not sure what the official attendance was but I think you'd be lucky if the actual attendance was 11k.

I know of 5 people around me in Wheatfield F that didn't show.

The official attendance for that one was 13,456

It seems endemic across the SPL

If there was one team you'd expect to be beating the trend at the moment it would be the verdant methadonists of our dockside quarter who are, after all enjoying an uncharacteristically cracking start to the season.

There were officially 13,005 at Easter Road yesterday

And that's for a game which mathematically could have put them top

If there was one team you'd expect to be beating the trend at the moment it would be the verdant methadonists of our dockside quarter who are, after all enjoying an uncharacteristically cracking start to the season.

But there was also a few hobos went dressed as seats again!

Glad you brought that up TC.

Its quite funny all week on hobo.net they were going on about getting their early, will there be enough seats for all the fans to get in bla bla.

This was apparently due to a Hobo Kids Day plus their Hobo Reunited Campaign to invite back lapsed Hobos to the match...............Hmmm

Well I was absolutely flabberghasted when finding out only 12,500 Hobos paid for the pleasure of seeing Nishy, Deeksy, Stokesy, Zemmamay, Millery, Bambay and all..................well I wasn't actually because no matter how pesh we are they are "the wee team" FACT

PS Well done to the lads yesterday for grinding out 3 points, lets all hope its the start of amassing some well needed points over the next few weeks and months:smiley2:

Its quite funny all week on hobo.net they were going on about getting their early, will there be enough seats for all the fans to get in bla bla.

This was apparently due to a Hobo Kids Day plus their Hobo Reunited Campaign to invite back lapsed Hobos to the match...............Hmmm

Well I was absolutely flabberghasted when finding out only 12,500 Hobos paid for the pleasure of seeing Nishy, Deeksy, Stokesy, Zemmamay, Millery, Bambay and all..................well I wasn't actually because no matter how pesh we are they are "the wee team" FACT

PS Well done to the lads yesterday for grinding out 3 points, lets all hope its the start of amassing some well needed points over the next few weeks and months:smiley2:

You mean there were 500 comps?

I just checked this up and 12,500 roughly equates to their gate last season for their first game against Falkirk

OF fans are the most fickle and spineless of any club. I remember that just prior to the Souness era, Rangers FC drew around 8,000 for a midweek league match.

Dont allow them back in! If they like the weege that much let them stay, a kind of ethnic cleansing if you like.

its easy to claim to be the best fans in the world when you are thumping teams every week. Its not going well so they stay away!

as has been pointed out, we have had about 11,000 at our last two home games, but the club persists in publishing 'official' crowds that include the absent ST holders

pot ... kettle ... black etc :nah:

as has been pointed out, we have had about 11,000 at our last two home games, but the club persists in publishing 'official' crowds that include the absent ST holders

pot ... kettle ... black etc :nah:

All the clubs give their crowd according to the amount of seats sold.

They are not misleading anyone they have actually sold these seats.

Francis Albert

Find that hard to believe. Have travelled through to Ibrox and Parkhead a few times and never seen any evidence of that number of OF fans travelling from Edinburgh. That would mean about 6 times as many as Hearts fans travelling for those games?

You mean there were 500 comps?

I just checked this up and 12,500 roughly equates to their gate last season for their first game against Falkirk

Away support included?

OF fans are the most fickle and spineless of any club. I remember that just prior to the Souness era, Rangers FC drew around 8,000 for a midweek league match.

I remember going to a game at Ibrox in the early eighties and i don't think there was even 8k at it.Oh,and we got pumped!

I suppose if your team is having a really bad spell the crowds will drop.It's stating the bleedin' obvious i know but all teams go through it.I also remember a league game at at Tynecastle and the crowd was 1800.Was it Killie?Anyway it was back in the dark days!

indeed and there the ones who will drop off first

Celtic have 53000 season ticket holders. The attendance today was 41K. They've given up. 12K non-attenders.

BFITW.

even better hospitality where both celtic and rangers make a huge percentage of there income is being nuked he he he :10900:

Think it was last season they had 53,000 -- this season they have only around 47,000 season ticket holders -- they have had a large advertising campaign this season to encourage fans -- seems the much vaunted waiting list has disappeared (now where have I heard that before ?)

At their AGM they announced sales were over 10% down from previous seasons but would not confirm exact totals.

Rangers have been hit in a simiar fashion with only around 38,000 ticket holders this season

Yes, but you have to take into account the recession,and the fact that the swipe cards let people in without counting them. Oh and one poor sole who had just bought a half season ticket and couldn't afford to go. You couldn't make it up!

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=167798

It's just so desperately disappointing that we chose this year to be really poor when the OF are at their worst.

Just our luck isn`t it! Hearts seem to produce their best sides when the competition is still strong, never when everyone else is keech!

CLERRY JAMBO BEING POSITIVE ALERT!

CLERRY JAMBO BEING POSITIVE ALERT

CLERRY JAMBO BEING POSITITVE ALERT!

Dont allow them back in! If they like the weege that much let them stay, a kind of ethnic cleansing if you like.

I like this!

Crowds dropping at Tic Park and Ibrox are evidence that Weegies cannae make their dole money stretch in these tough economic times.

That could be fact or complete fabrication - either way, it's probably true for some of them.:10900:

CLERRY JAMBO BEING POSITIVE ALERT!

CLERRY JAMBO BEING POSITIVE ALERT

CLERRY JAMBO BEING POSITITVE ALERT!

Don't worry Debut, normal service WILL be resumed:10900:

Archived