Why is anyone.....

Martin_T

Who puts their head above the parapet as a representative of Hearts supporters, immediately vilified and their opinion discredited? This has happened for as long as I can remember, regardless who has been in charge of Hearts.

Members of the trust, the shareholders, the fans forum and the federation have all in the past had dedicated threads on Kickback, expressing disgust at the opinions they have expressed. Why is this the case?

Who puts their head above the parapet as a representative of Hearts supporters, immediately vilified and their opinion discredited? This has happened for as long as I can remember, regardless who has been in charge of Hearts.

Members of the trust, the shareholders, the fans forum and the federation have all in the past had dedicated threads on Kickback, expressing disgust at the opinions they have expressed. Why is this the case?

This is not restricted to "representative of Hearts supporters", it applies to people who have different opinions.

Its because we have far too many small bodies

Theres about 15 different supporter groups all of whom have very small levels of membership yet when they are in the media this fact is missed

They all really need to come together and offer one combined voice as oppposed to hundreds of different ones for each little clique

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how

infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and

admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like

a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals?and yet,

to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me?

nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

It's not neccesarily the content, more the way it is expressed. The self aggrandising nature of those who write these letters may also get up the collective nose of some of the people on here and the wider Hearts support.

There is a lack of tact and diplomacy in the current letter, and those which have gone before, which suggest that those responsible have not judged the character of the person they are addressing.

I also found the tone of the letter and your earlier thread to be honest, needlessly aggressive.

portobellojambo1

Sure you must be mistaken Martin.

I have never seen a bad word said about these groups of "Hibernian loving, neo-nazi, lowlife, freemasonic, goat shagging, illiterate tossers, led by erses" on this board.

This is a Hearts board, your average Hearts fan would never make such comments about other Hearts fans, are you sure you have not read this somewhere else, maybe getting your boards mixed up.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Hearts fans if JKB is anything to go by are to me basically a fractious, argumentative, opinionated group who if history is reviewed, would rather fight each other, whether on the terraces, in pubs, in streets or by Keyboards.

Even if 1 body is created, say, The Hearts Supporters Federation Trust and Group, they will still not agree unless votes are taken on various issues.

This will never happen as it appears there are too many wee empires being built/clung onto so it is basically a dead issue.

It is a major weakness of our support and nearly caught us out in the CPR era and has definitley caught us out at the moment. God only knows what has really brought about "change" in Romanov's thinking.

One thing that JKB has shown me though, is that thank God it is not considered representative of Hearts fans as a whole.

Or we would truly be fecked.

Generally anyone who speaks anything close to the truth is normal slaughtered, your allowed to think it just as long as you don't say it in case you upset the powers that be.

Conversely, as soon as things start to go really Pete Tong there are throngs on here and multi-page threads bemoaning the self same people for keeping quiet.

I find it incredibly strange that the people who support this regime so stoutly are so scared that Romanov is so thin skinned that he will leave in a huff because the bad boy said something!!

The folk who are so disparaging about others who have bothered their arses to get up and do something should get down the next association, federation, forum (or whatever) meeting, sign up, and get their thoughts in the next annual statement.

If you participate you can affect change, or guide in the direction you think should be taken, just typing up a post of Kickback and hitting "send" doesn't do anything more than give the search engines something to reference.

Why is anyone..... not allowed to question/critisise those representitives of supporters organisations? :rolleyes:

I'd quite happily praise the said representitives of supporters if now and again they actually stood up and fought back when folk like McGeady/Lennon/Nicholas etc spout their crap and lies in the national press about Hearts fans.

These guys dedicate a huge amount of time and effort to do something positive for our club.

Their reward? Jealous sniping from subliterate half-wits.

These guys dedicate a huge amount of time and effort to do something positive for our club.

Their reward? Jealous sniping from subliterate half-wits.

So would you say today's statement either reflects positively on the club or is likely to have a positive effect?

Why is anyone..... not allowed to question/critisise those representitives of supporters organisations? :rolleyes:

I'd quite happily praise the said representitives of supporters if now and again they actually stood up and fought back when folk like McGeady/Lennon/Nicholas etc spout their crap and lies in the national press about Hearts fans.

Well said Gambo,i'm with you on that.

portobellojambo1

Not speaking on behalf of the FHSC but purely personally. I would rather head off to the MHSC and get pleasantly p i s h e d with like minded Hearts fans, than listen to anything that collection of plastic paddy t i t s had to say, never mind actually wasting time responding to the tossers.

There is a lot that can be said in no response at all.

What is the point of this thread? Why not just raise issues as and when they happen. I doubt differences in opinion are exclusive to the Hearts support in all honesty however.

So would you say today's statement either reflects positively on the club or is likely to have a positive effect?

It was the HMSA Chairman's annual address to members of the association.

It was essentially a summary of what has happened over the past year.

Positive effect? Negative effect? No, it is inconsequential.

My point is people like Mr Gowans spend a great deal of time organising events and raising money for the Hearts Youth Development.

What have I done for Hearts? I buy a season ticket and a replica strip.

What have you done for Hearts?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Hearts fans if JKB is anything to go by are to me basically a fractious, argumentative, opinionated group who if history is reviewed, would rather fight each other, whether on the terraces, in pubs, in streets or by Keyboards.

Even if 1 body is created, say, The Hearts Supporters Federation Trust and Group, they will still not agree unless votes are taken on various issues.

This will never happen as it appears there are too many wee empires being built/clung onto so it is basically a dead issue.

It is a major weakness of our support and nearly caught us out in the CPR era and has definitley caught us out at the moment. God only knows what has really brought about "change" in Romanov's thinking.

One thing that JKB has shown me though, is that thank God it is not considered representative of Hearts fans as a whole.

Or we would truly be fecked.

You just described about 90% of fans up and down the country.

It's not neccesarily the content, more the way it is expressed. The self aggrandising nature of those who write these letters may also get up the collective nose of some of the people on here and the wider Hearts support.

There is a lack of tact and diplomacy in the current letter, and those which have gone before, which suggest that those responsible have not judged the character of the person they are addressing.

I also found the tone of the letter and your earlier thread to be honest, needlessly aggressive.

That is how I saw it, and posted as such. The content of the statement was hard to disagree with, the way it was written was easy to find distasteful.

If someone wants to write such a statement, that is absolutely on the offensive, they have to be prepared for others not liking it.

It was the HMSA Chairman's annual address to members of the association.

It was essentially a summary of what has happened over the past year.

Positive effect? Negative effect? No, it is inconsequential.

My point is people like Mr Gowans spend a great deal of time organising events and raising money for the Hearts Youth Development.

What have I done for Hearts? I buy a season ticket and a replica strip.

What have you done for Hearts?

Spot on. The reason the statement got up the noses of many on here was because it showed them up to be keyboard protestors who are happy to threaten boycotts/demos/card displays but never actually get away from there PC's to do something.

Funny Gambo, that is what I was thinking. I remember that folk would post a thread and ask those that disagree not to post on it, that is what this smells of.

I don't know. Any information gleaned is good by me. We should have a bit more G10 activity to co-ordinate and consolidate.

I like the Tall Poppy theory. Nobody likes a stand out unless they are forced to.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Theres about 15 different supporter groups all of whom have very small levels of membership yet when they are in the media this fact is missed

They all really need to come together and offer one combined voice as oppposed to hundreds of different ones for each little clique

There only 4 Supporters groups I am aware of.

Because it's much easier to criticise anonymously on an internet message board than it is to get off your erse and do something about it yourself.

Because it's much easier to criticise anonymously on an internet message board than it is to get off your erse and do something about it yourself.

Do you think my real name is 'mambothejambo' or something, I did not criticise Mr A Gowan's letter/ 'statement' anonymously.

It doesn?t reflect on the club at all, if anything it reflects on the association.

The clubs owners have dragged the club through the dirt for the last few years so one badly written letter is hardly going to make things any worse.

HMFC is a laughing stock all over Britain, but now we are ****e on the field Romanov finally looks like he might be going to do something about it. i say might as the transfer window is half gone and still no manager and no new signings??..

Not speaking on behalf of the FHSC but purely personally. I would rather head off to the MHSC and get pleasantly p i s h e d with like minded Hearts fans, than listen to anything that collection of plastic paddy t i t s had to say, never mind actually wasting time responding to the tossers.

There is a lot that can be said in no response at all.

Spot on. Beats me why anyone reads the rubbish they spout in the first place. For anyone to suggest that representatives of Hearts supporters should spend their time giving the oxygen of publicity to these no-marks is astonishing. Of all the problems currently afflicting Hearts which actually need to be addressed, the utterances of these guys rate around minus twenty on a scale from 1-100.

Do you think my real name is 'mambothejambo' or something, I did not criticise Mr A Gowan's letter/ 'statement' anonymously.

In which case, my statement obviously doesn't refer to you. :)

You know what Prancer.......I think this is just about the best post I have ever read from you.

You will be happy to know Mr Sifter is pleased with you this morning:p

What we need is something similar to the RST (Rangers fans) wherein all the small bands of supporter representatives get together and sing from the same hymn sheet. Currently we have too many factions at odds with one another and as a result not many fans outwith these cliques have much input. It also doesn?t help that these groups seem to change stance as and when it suits there own ends, thus rendering their points insignificant.

Geoff Kilpatrick

People will agree with Alex Gowans, John Borthwick et al. People will disagree. That's life. Prior to the net, people would talk to their mates in the pub on their view and that's as far as it would go. Now they can air it to the four corners of the globe. It doesn't change what they would have said down the pub in any case.

FWIW, I think the positive out of all of this is that not much needs to be changed to put us back on the right road. I'll accept this season as a write-off if it means the fundamentals are right again in the summer.

Colonel Kurtz
People will agree with Alex Gowans, John Borthwick et al. People will disagree. That's life. Prior to the net, people would talk to their mates in the pub on their view and that's as far as it would go. Now they can air it to the four corners of the globe. It doesn't change what they would have said down the pub in any case.

FWIW, I think the positive out of all of this is that not much needs to be changed to put us back on the right road. I'll accept this season as a write-off if it means the fundamentals are right again in the summer.

The prblem is Romanov has twice invited over a couple of people ,the last time they fell for it hook line and sinker.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The prblem is Romanov has twice invited over a couple of people ,the last time they fell for it hook line and sinker.

The problem for Vlad though is that we all know that talk is cheap now. We are awaiting action.

aye - i thought many of the questions asked this time were concise / to the point and allowed little room for vlad to schmooze the fans.

suppose what most people forget is that the likes of JB et al are real supporters and have stood up to be counted. at least they actually head up the supporters groups - maybe they aren't media trained, but let's all remember, they are just punters like you or me.

i note other people's comments regarding fans comments etc -

i for one am glad that many of the people on kickback do not have access to the media - i would find it highly embarrassing to see some dumb ass rambling talking pesh demanding that we replace Robbie when being asked about something totally different like the debts etc. :527:

Archived