Your First Legal Beer

cams

First legal beer was in Laich Bar, August 26th 1991.

I wore white jeans and a yellow Sonetti jumper. I must have look like a ****ing traffic cone.

Anne and Jurgen didn't half serve up some pish lager in that place.

Bennetts in Tollcross was my first legal one, its where my dad went for a pint when he found out my mum was in labour with me (and, more importantly, to celebrate his grand national win) so it seemed appropriate to buy the family pints there. It was an early starter that day so 15-20 odd pints later, well god only knows what happened that night.

18th birthday, in hospital, football career in tatters with a knackered knee Dad and mum brought me in a can of Guinness

Miller Jambo 60
My first illegal pint was in the Justinlees at Eskbank, cost about 17p for a pint of heavy IIRC. I must have been 15.

First legal one was on the night of my 18th birthday in The Jenny Lasswade. I had at least 6 that night. :th_o:

Always went for an illegal pint in the centurian aged 17 every thurs night on payday.

Think is was tote night when i was a member of the Centurian Hearts bus.

First legal was probably the corrie inn.

Doug.

First legal beer was in Laich Bar, August 26th 1991.

I was 5 days old then, I sad thought for all you old timers on here. :10900:

first illegal drink was prob the lizzie Brice in Livi.

first legal pint was The Three Tuns in hanover Street, my brothers grassed me up to the manageress that i was only 17 so i was not allowed a drink when she was on shift ( i played for the pub team), but a few of the staff turned a blind eye of my age, so i had to buy my first legal pint there from her.

heartgarfunkel

First legal pint was in the Coach House at Baileyfield Road, May 1988. Had been a regular since its opening in 1986. First pint was a Castlemaine XXXX in either McArthur's or The Bluebell in Porty aged 14. Can't remember the boozer, but remember the beer font!

canny remember where but remember it tasted sht!!! you have to get used to it eh! would go as far to say its not actually a nice tasting drink at any age, but we all associate it with good times so our brains tell us its nice... has to be some truth in that... :10900:

First legal pint. The Waverly Inn, Southhouse Broadway, October 1975. Drybrough's heavy (****ing awful beer) 20p a pint if I mind right.

My 1st legal drink I think was in the Raeburn House Hotel in Stockbridge, even though I was getting served in there when I was 17.

The place was a **** hole.. Miss the place now it gone though, used to get a good laugh in there..

Remember my very 1st drink, think I was about 12-13 yr old and a couple of my mates stole a bottle of Ouzo and a few cans of carlsburg from there parents drink cabinet.

Oh man I was feeked, well we all were, spewing our load every ware, couldn't go home until we had sobered up, ha-ha, ended up lying in a field for about 4 hrs.. lol.

Archived