'Mon the little teams

Ulysses

Bosnia-Herzegovina home to Portugal, 0-1 from the first leg.

Slovenia home to Russia, 1-2 from the first leg.

SLOVENIA SCORE! :toasting:

Bosnia-Herzegovina home to Portugal, 0-1 from the first leg.

Slovenia home to Russia, 1-2 from the first leg.

SLOVENIA SCORE! :toasting:

And Ireland score. :smiley2:

FIFA have just changed the play-off criteria to a 3-legged affair with the 3rd leg advantage given to the seeded teams...

or at least they're probably thinking about it.

COME ON BOSNIA! Also, someone I know will be euphoric at what Slovenia are doing. He fell in love with them at Euro 2000, when their 3-3 draw with Yugoslavia was just the wackiest game you'll ever see in your life.

COME ON BOSNIA! Also, someone I know will be euphoric at what Slovenia are doing. He fell in love with them at Euro 2000, when their 3-3 draw with Yugoslavia was just the wackiest game you'll ever see in your life.

Shaun, you have to understand something. As far as I'm concerned, Portugal is the most beautiful place on Earth, and I absolutely love the country. But it would be utterly magnificent if Bosnia-Herzegovina could qualify.

And likewise, I became a fan of Slovenia at Euro 2000, and I'd love to see them turn over the Russians.

Shaun, you have to understand something. As far as I'm concerned, Portugal is the most beautiful place on Earth, and I absolutely love the country. But it would be utterly magnificent if Bosnia-Herzegovina could qualify.

And likewise, I became a fan of Slovenia at Euro 2000, and I'd love to see them turn over the Russians.

I think Portugal's a sensational place too - and my friend Raquel is one of the most beautiful women I've ever met in my life. And no Mr Blair: America isn't our oldest ally. Portugal is! But I hate the football team. I liked them at Euro 2000, but they're a bunch of cheats and divers, and I'd love to see them go out.

Bosnia qualifying would be sensational; Slovenia knocking Hiddink's Russia out would be unbelievable. Hiddink's a lucky manager though, so I'm anticipating a Russian equaliser in the second half. Bloody hope otherwise mind!

Got France, USA, Spain, Holland to win and Slovenia draw.

Cant see it happenin

EDIT- They are all on except France game.

Spain went 1 down now 5 -1 up

With Algeria, Greece, Portugal and Slovenia all now through, and the identity of the final European qualifier still anyone's guess, here's a few friendly results with a view to next summer:

Austria 1-5 Spain. Spain's form is terrifyingly brilliant: I'd love to see them win it.

Holland 0-0 Paraguay. Paraguay remain a hugely strong side defensively; but I still think the Dutch will be a big, big threat, and they're third in my pecking order currently.

Germany 2-2 Cote d'Ivoire. Late Podolski equaliser for Germany: I wonder if the tragedy involving poor Robert Enke will give them extra motivation next summer? The Ivorians, meanwhile, continue to give the impression that they could be the best side Africa has ever produced.

And speaking of Africa, watch for Cameroon at the World Cup too: their form's been transformed since they appointed none other than Paul Le Guen during the summer.

With Algeria, Greece, Portugal and Slovenia all now through, and the identity of the final European qualifier still anyone's guess, here's a few friendly results with a view to next summer:

Austria 1-5 Spain. Spain's form is terrifyingly brilliant: I'd love to see them win it.

Holland 0-0 Paraguay. Paraguay remain a hugely strong side defensively; but I still think the Dutch will be a big, big threat, and they're third in my pecking order currently.

Germany 2-2 Cote d'Ivoire. Late Podolski equaliser for Germany: I wonder if the tragedy involving poor Robert Enke will give them extra motivation next summer? The Ivorians, meanwhile, continue to give the impression that they could be the best side Africa has ever produced.

And speaking of Africa, watch for Cameroon at the World Cup too: their form's been transformed since they appointed none other than Paul Le Guen during the summer.

I think the German's would have other things on their minds tonight tbh.

So two massively paid managers in Hiddink and Trappatoni BOTH fail to qualify their respective teams. Leaves Capello head and shoulders above the rest in the wages stakes at WC 2010.

So two massively paid managers in Hiddink and Trappatoni BOTH fail to qualify their respective teams. Leaves Capello head and shoulders above the rest in the wages stakes at WC 2010.

He won't quite be the best coach at the event though. IMO, because of his style of play as well as his accomplishments, that mantle belongs to Vicente del Bosque. Watch for what Marcelo Bielsa can do with Chile too.

Russia will feel cheated tonight. Although they didn't offer much, they had two players sent off, the first in ridiculous circumstances with about 20 minutes still to play. But GIRUT, and well done Slovenia. I look forward to seeing them in South Africa. I hope they, Slovakia, Switzerland and any other of the smaller teams whose qualification seems resented by so many people continue to ram it up the bigger guns.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Will Hiddink jump ship to someone else in time to be at SA ? Stranger things have happened.

Liverpool might be looking for a new gaffer soon ...

Yep, them and possibly Real Madrid. What about Man City too ? Will surely splash the cash when Hughes is inevitably bulleted.

Charlie-Brown
Yep, them and possibly Real Madrid. What about Man City too ? Will surely splash the cash when Hughes is inevitably bulleted.

Auld Taggart at OT cannae go on forever either, seems to be losing the plot a wee bit this season with his various fall outs with match officials & the media.

Archived