Party Venues in Edinburgh

grumpyjambo

WE are intending holding a reception in edinburgh for 100 people with a buffet and disco.

What we are looking for is a venue that is a bit different from the normal hotel type place as there will be guests from Australia there.

We are open to your suggestions, we are already looking at Tynie.

WE are intending holding a reception in edinburgh for 100 people with a buffet and disco.

What we are looking for is a venue that is a bit different from the normal hotel type place as there will be guests from Australia there.

We are open to your suggestions, we are already looking at Tynie.

Edinburgh Castle.

The Zoo.

The Vaults

The Vaults?

Underground cellars off Niddry Street or the place across the road from there.

Parts of Edinburgh's old streets which were covered by the North Bridge when it was built. Something a bit different!

The Vaults

I was at the Vaults for an 18th about a month ago. Venue is very interesting! Party was pretty good but the venue is absolutley FREEEEEZIN!!! Only heating was those stupid wall heaters...and there was only 2 of them!! I wouldn't recommend it for around 100 guests.

Try Cargo, been to a few parties there & never been disappointed.

I was at the Vaults for an 18th about a month ago. Venue is very interesting! Party was pretty good but the venue is absolutley FREEEEEZIN!!! Only heating was those stupid wall heaters...and there was only 2 of them!! I wouldn't recommend it for around 100 guests.

Try Cargo, been to a few parties there & never been disappointed.

Cargo is essentially a really dross version of a "hotel type place".

I'm unsure as to what the facilities are like at Murrayfield, but they will be better than Tynecastle and if it's Aussies coming over I'm assuming they will like their rugby.

The EICC might also be an option if money is no object. The Corn Exchange is an obvious choice, but it isn't great.

One that took me a bit by surprise is the Queen Charlotte Rooms in Leith - pretty nice although a bit hotel type. Should hold 100 though.

Beyond that I can't really add any suggestions to the ones above - Edinburgh has a chronic lack of decent party venues.

I suppose you could try taking out a room somewhere like the Sheepsheid if bevvy and ten pin is your thing!

When my Mother-in-law remarried we all went to the top floor at the Point Conference Centre.

Champers and canapes and a stunning venue - great view of the castle, but not really an all night party venue - 100 may be too much as well.

Archived