Community Wardens

Uberjambo

Another thread wrecked by one of the usual suspects who rather try to help answer a genuine question (not a pointless, look what i googled thread) decides to follow their own sad little agenda of trying to wind people up.

This message board use to be a nice place, where you could ask a question without the moral crusaders judging.

You could, of course, always just ignore it and carry on with the topic.

Like, er, what I'm doing now.

:confused:

Guest S.U.S.S.
You could, of course, always just ignore it and carry on with the topic.

Like, er, what I'm doing now.

:confused:

TBH MakAttack the thread has been taken so far off topic there is little point. Im sure the OP gave up and left a while ago.

Not sure what rights these 'to weak/short/stupid to get into the police' wardens powers are, perhaps there is something on the council website or Citizens Advice may know. Not arguing the rights and wrongs just best for the lad and his dad to arm themselves with the facts should they decide to challenge.

What rights do community wardens have?

I never knowingly drop litter, nor do I like the litter that others drop. It is slovenly and shows a real lack of respect.

But if your son refused to tell the 'community warden' their name - what rights do they have? Can they call in the police? Do they have the right to restrain?:o

Time to reduce the size of the state.

Are you mad? The Police have their hands full chasing randy politicians, serious crime like that will have to take a back seat. ;)

Speaking of wardens and such things, I wonder if they work to quotas like their colleagues in parking?

Anyway, in reference to the OP's current problem - he could probably get away with claiming that it blew away in the wind. No point chasing cupcake wrappers in 50mph gales....

'to weak/short/stupid to get into the police'

From my observations, none of these flaws are bars to joining the police these days.

Guest S.U.S.S.
From my observations, none of these flaws are bars to joining the police these days.

You may be right, rumor 2 out off the three and ur on a fast track in Strathclyde!;)

My son got fined ?50 for dropping litter outside his college yesterday, a small bit of paper from a cupcake. After giving him the rant about it serves him right and you won't do that again it strikes me as a pretty severe penalty for what I am sure will be a lesson well learnt. He does not have much money and this will be a real hardship for him.

Anyone experience this and know if there is a way to reduce the amount due to circumstances?

I've no experience of this, but doubt that there is any scope for leeway in terms of such fixed penalties.

?50 is definitely a big hit for a 16 year old, but at that age, he is deemed old enough to get married or join the army, so he is probably old enough to control take responsibility for his actions. Dropping litter is disgusting, and there is no excuse for it, in my opinion.

You may be right, rumor 2 out off the three and ur on a fast track in Strathclyde!;)

I personally know two people who meet all three criteria who are doing quite well for themselves in the L&B ranks.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I personally know two people who meet all three criteria who are doing quite well for themselves in the L&B ranks.

They could swell the ranks with a recruitment drive on KB then!:confused:

I P Knightley

Their ability to pay ? :confused:

Slightly different ' date=' but my son got fined ?30 for overstaying in a supermarket carpark. Thuis happens to be the supermarket where he works , which is owned by his employer. He gave the ticket to his employer to sort out. They didn't and now the fine is ?70. He cannot possibly pay that as he is in full time education and doesn't even earn that amount in a week. I've told the car parking bandits that he is willing/able to pay ?5 per week. So far no reply.[/quote']

...but he can afford to drive a car?

I have to agree, though, that the employer ought to be waiving the fine if he was at his work.

Archived