Community Wardens

Uberjambo

My son got fined ?50 for dropping litter outside his college yesterday, a small bit of paper from a cupcake. After giving him the rant about it serves him right and you won't do that again it strikes me as a pretty severe penalty for what I am sure will be a lesson well learnt. He does not have much money and this will be a real hardship for him.

Anyone experience this and know if there is a way to reduce the amount due to circumstances?

What rights do community wardens have?

I never knowingly drop litter, nor do I like the litter that others drop. It is slovenly and shows a real lack of respect.

But if your son refused to tell the 'community warden' their name - what rights do they have? Can they call in the police? Do they have the right to restrain?:o

Time to reduce the size of the state.

My son got fined ?50 for dropping litter outside his college yesterday, a small bit of paper from a cupcake. After giving him the rant about it serves him right and you won't do that again it strikes me as a pretty severe penalty for what I am sure will be a lesson well learnt. He does not have much money and this will be a real hardship for him.

Anyone experience this and know if there is a way to reduce the amount due to circumstances?

So he actually did it...got caught...and your up in arms wanting to reduce the sentance?

Cos my mate...he ran someone over eh....and eh....got caught....but he was pretty upset....so...he should probably jsut get off eh...oh...and he was pished...cannae really blame him can you....

Being the good honest and respectful lad that he is(16), he gave his name,address nand dob. He shat himself I think. Apparantly a crowd of about 10 wardens were lurking just out of sight.

So he actually did it...got caught...and your up in arms wanting to reduce the sentance?

QUOTE]

Who said anything about being up in arms. Try to read the post before you reply. All I said was that it seemed a high punishment for a 16 year old who has little money. What is all the pish in the rest of your post?

QUOTE]

Who said anything about being up in arms. Try to read the post before you reply. All I said was that it seemed a high punishment for a 16 year old who has little money. What is all the pish in the rest of your post?

What difference does thier age or financial situation make?

Do you really need an explanation for that?

Yes. If you do something wrong, you should pay for it, just like everyone else.

If your old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, then your also responsible for your actions.

To make exceptions devalues the point of the law in the first place.

p.s. Im not arguing about the right or wrongness of the actually law in the first place, just its enforcement.

I totally agree that he should pay for it. Knowing nothing of the procedures involved and hoping that someone on the forum, who has maybe suffered a similar fine, would enlighten me on said procedures.

Should have known better eh!!

This place is turning into a nightmare. Ignore them Uber. Bunch of *****.

Damn right......stick it to the man.......

Wheres my camper van at?

Being the good honest and respectful lad that he is(16), he gave his name,address nand dob. He shat himself I think. Apparantly a crowd of about 10 wardens were lurking just out of sight.

You sure?

ArmiyaRomanova
Sounds more like an Environmental Warden than a community warden.

Could be wrong though.

That's what I was thinking too.

I don't think Community Wardens have the 'power' to ticket for littering.

Sounds more like an Environmental Warden than a community warden.

Could be wrong though.

What powers do Environmental Wardens have then?

How many people do we need snooping on us?

ArmiyaRomanova
What powers do Environmental Wardens have then?

How many people do we need snooping on us?

From the Cooncil's website...

"Environmental Wardens enforce the law relating to abandoned vehicles, vehicle emissions, business waste, dog fouling, fly posting, litter and fly tipping. They also carry out compliance checks on tables and chairs permits.

The Wardens provide a valuable role to the wider community, including education on environmental issues such as trade waste. The Wardens are key to ensuring the delivery of safe, cleaner communities."

Snooping?

Dunno, but something definitely needs to be done to lessen littering and I wouldn't want the police wasting their time.

If this 'helps' folk to realise and act on their social responsibilities, fine.

What difference does thier age or financial situation make?

Their ability to pay ? :confused:

Slightly different , but my son got fined ?30 for overstaying in a supermarket carpark. Thuis happens to be the supermarket where he works , which is owned by his employer. He gave the ticket to his employer to sort out. They didn't and now the fine is ?70. He cannot possibly pay that as he is in full time education and doesn't even earn that amount in a week. I've told the car parking bandits that he is willing/able to pay ?5 per week. So far no reply.

I'll bet the gang of community wardens steered well clear of any adults unless they were wee timid wifeys/grannies/grandads.

Slightly different ' date=' but my son got fined ?30 for overstaying in a supermarket carpark. Thuis happens to be the supermarket where he works , which is owned by his employer. He gave the ticket to his employer to sort out. They didn't and now the fine is ?70. He cannot possibly pay that as he is in full time education and doesn't even earn that amount in a week. I've told the car parking bandits that he is willing/able to pay ?5 per week. So far no reply.[/quote']

Quotes are wrong. It was Titswent who asked that pearl. Totally agree with you mate.

Quotes are wrong. It was Titswent who asked that pearl. Totally agree with you mate.

Absolutely.

If they cant pay, they should just be let of and no more said about it.

In fact, ill get my neighbours daughter to take my dog for a walk, let it **** all over the place.

She cant afford the fine, so itll be alright.

DUUUHH

husref musemic

Its funny how the gang of thugs that hang about my local shop leave the place knee deep in rubbish (and bus stop parts & smashed bottles etc every night and there's never any fines handed out for littering..... It's the usual pick on the easy targets.

Absolutely.

If they cant pay' date=' they should just be let of and no more said about it.

In fact, ill get my neighbours daughter to take my dog for a walk, let it **** all over the place.

She cant afford the fine, so itll be alright.

DUUUHH[/quote']

Life without a Girlfreind Dull Papswept??

You always seem to just want to make stupid smart ersed comments on everything...Does it Make you feel important?

"Boohoo, a cannae keep a Burd"..."I know I'll Troll KB and show Everyone how clever I am!!" :mwah:

Uber was Just asking if dropping a piece of warranted a ?50 fine...No, is the answer, IMO, Ask him to pick it up, Take his name and Address and Warn him, These people are like Traffic Wardens, Nae mates outside work and wanting to feel important! Like someone said, had it been a Big Hairy ersed worky, NOTHING would have been done/said...Wee laddie, Let's get the Bassa...

Your now back on Ignore Paps!!

Life without a Girlfreind Dull Papswept??

You always seem to just want to make stupid smart ersed comments on everything...Does it Make you feel important?

"Boohoo' date=' a cannae keep a Burd"..."I know I'll Troll KB and show Everyone how clever I am!!" :mwah:

Uber was Just asking if dropping a piece of warranted a ?50 fine...No, is the answer, IMO, Ask him to pick it up, Take his name and Address and Warn him, These people are like Traffic Wardens, Nae mates outside work and wanting to feel important! Like someone said, had it been a Big Hairy ersed worky, NOTHING would have been done/said...Wee laddie, Let's get the Bassa...

Your now back on Ignore Paps!![/quote']

Interesting how the hard of thinking are offended by others having an opinion.

:blah:

If your old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, then your also responsible for your actions.

p.s. Im not arguing about the right or wrongness of the actually law in the first place, just its enforcement.

It's You're or You are!!:blah::blah::blah:

Its funny how the gang of thugs that hang about my local shop leave the place knee deep in rubbish (and bus stop parts & smashed bottles etc every night and there's never any fines handed out for littering..... It's the usual pick on the easy targets.

Spot on thats what its like in our area too. The council are always banging on about dog fouling yet do nothing. As a dog owner I always pick up after my pooch but I am one of the few who do.When I am out with the dug its like an obsticle course with me trying to avoid the dog **** and the dug trying to avoid all the broken bottles left from the neds big night out.You will never see any wardens tackling them though.Perhaps its time to make the fast food outlets and the pubs and supermarkets take responsibilty for the mess their customers make.

It's You're or You are!!:blah::blah::blah:

Did mummy not love you enough.....or too much?

MP's and MSP's are above the law. :confused:

Imho it seems fair - he dropped the litter, dunno if it was an accident, he should have to pay the fine.

I imagine the procedure will be the same as getting a parking fine, he'll get a letter through the door, telling him how to pay - he'll pay it and that'll be that.

I don't believe Enviromental Wardens have any power - he could have just walked away. He did however do the right thing, stayed and gave his details. Credit to the boy. Now he knows it's also wrong to drop letter, I'm sure he won't do it again - looks like the system has worked well.

ColtbridgeJambo

Scenario: I am walking along the road and I go into my pocket to get money out or keys out and unknowingly to me I pull out a tissue or a bit paper and it falls to the ground.

Behind me their is an Enviromental warden and he saw this.

Surely he can not just say thats you caught for littering and there is a ?50 fine.

I would think they must give you the opportunity to pick it up and dispose of it correctly.

There is a difference in intentionally throwing litter on the ground and accidently dropping litter.....No?

Scenario: I am walking along the road and I go into my pocket to get money out or keys out and unknowingly to me I pull out a tissue or a bit paper and it falls to the ground.

Behind me their is an Enviromental warden and he saw this.

Surely he can not just say thats you caught for littering and there is a ?50 fine.

I would think they must give you the opportunity to pick it up and dispose of it correctly.

There is a difference in intentionally throwing litter on the ground and accidently dropping litter.....No?

Did this happen or it just a hyphotetical?

If it was me, I would apologies and go pick up the litter when warden approaches me - doubt they'll persue it much further after that.

ColtbridgeJambo
Did this happen or it just a hyphotetical?

If it was me, I would apologies and go pick up the litter when warden approaches me - doubt they'll persue it much further after that.

Hypothetical mate.............should have said.

Just trying to say that I do not believe they would not give you the opportunity to pick it up and give you a warning before hitting you with a fine.

Did mummy not love you enough.....or too much?

My Mother loved me Just Fine, My Wife loves me and my Kids Love me!

You don't see me Crying my eyes out on a Message board because I can't Get/Keep a Girlfriend, Sad Sacks!! :confused:

Now Trott on!! :) Oh and don't Litter, You're not allowed to...That's YOU'RE Not YOUR!!

My Mother loved me Just Fine, My Wife loves me and my Kids Love me!

You don't see me Crying my eyes out on a Message board because I can't Get/Keep a Girlfriend, Sad Sacks!! :confused:

Now Trott on!! :) Oh and don't Litter, You're not allowed to...That's YOU'RE Not YOUR!!

Jeez, your a grown up too.

Im embarrassed for you.

I thought you were about 15.

You need help finding the ignore button..?

Jeez, your a grown up too.

Im embarrassed for you.

I thought you were about 15.

You need help finding the ignore button..?

Right, Last time...YOU'RE or YOU ARE!!!

Don't be embarassed for me, I'm happy with life, good Job, Great Family and Iffy Football team (No not a HOBO, Cheeky ^^^^ :))...You may think you're (see what I did there??) Better than everyone else, BUT, Just because YOU say you're (Again) a Charlie Sheen Look-a-Like Obviously doesn't help in your (See, NOT YOU'RE) social skills or Pulling Power!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, You're way to Great for me to put on ignore...I love your wee 1 line Put downs on people...They make me chuckle!! :)

Don't be embarassed for me, I'm happy with life, good Job, Great Family and Iffy Football team (No not a HOBO, Cheeky ^^^^ :))...You may think you're (see what I did there??) Better than everyone else, BUT, Just because YOU say you're (Again) a Charlie Sheen Look-a-Like Obviously doesn't help in your (See, NOT YOU'RE) social skills or Pulling Power!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, You're way to Great for me to put on ignore...I love your wee 1 line Put downs on people...They make me chuckle!! :)

As this has just turned into personal abuse, i suggest if you wish to carry this on you use PMs.

Otherwise go and have a lie down, your obviously getting a little upset.

As this has just turned into personal abuse, i suggest if you wish to carry this on you use PMs.

Otherwise go and have a lie down, your obviously getting a little upset.

NO, It turned into PERSONAL abuse with your Mother Comment.

But as Usual, You don't see your abuse as being wrong, just when someone retaliates!!

You are going on ignore now Charlie, because as you said, you are starting to P!ss me Off in a BIG way and I don't want another warning because of You!!

Ah the love-in with the doctor seems to have ended. I remember a time where he and his "crew" ran this board, making smart comments everywhere, trying to make themselves seem important and show off their literature skills.

Some of us saw him as the pretentious prat that he is long before.

Anyone for a pint in the diggers?

NO, It turned into PERSONAL abuse with your Mother Comment.

But as Usual, You don't see your abuse as being wrong, just when someone retaliates!!

You are going on ignore now Charlie, because as you said, you are starting to P!ss me Off in a BIG way!!

Breathe...breathe...its ok.

Breathe...breathe...its ok.

See the post above your one, Sussed before, But I never paid any attention to your post before...Now I know why, you've ALWAYS been judged as a bit of a *****. I was Just a bit late finding out!!

Good luck with the Girlfriend hunt Charlie...You probably use your computer at night in your room when mummy sends you too bed!!

I've read about guy's like you in the paper Charlie!! :eek:

Ah the love-in with the doctor seems to have ended. I remember a time where he and his "crew" ran this board, making smart comments everywhere, trying to make themselves seem important and show off their literature skills.

Some of us saw him as the pretentious prat that he is long before.

Anyone for a pint in the diggers?

'Crew'...'love-in'.....not sure what forums youv been reading.

See the post above your one, Sussed before, But I never paid any attention to your post before...Now I know why, you've ALWAYS been judged as a bit of a *****. I was Just a bit late finding out!!

Good luck with the Girlfriend hunt Charlie...You probably use your computer at night in your room when mummy sends you too bed!!

I've read about guy's like you in the paper Charlie!! :eek:

Before you criticise anyone for grammar errors, you might want to fix that sticky caps lock key.

That should be a lower case B. You're grammar is shocking ;);)

Slightly different ' date=' but my son got fined ?30 for overstaying in a supermarket carpark. Thuis happens to be the supermarket where he works , which is owned by his employer. He gave the ticket to his employer to sort out. They didn't and now the fine is ?70. He cannot possibly pay that as he is in full time education and doesn't even earn that amount in a week. I've told the car parking bandits that he is willing/able to pay ?5 per week. So far no reply.[/quote']

I never told you this but,

I presume the supermarket car park is private property so just ignore any letters they send you.

They will hand your account to a debt collection firm who will send you letters headed in red "This is your last chance to pay" then "This really is your last chance to pay" and finally "We're not joking. Pay us or we'll take you to court".

They won't because even if they did it would be at the small claims court and the sum to be recovered wouldn't be worth the while (and cost) for the Baliffs to chase it up.

It all comes down to wether you have the bottle to ignore official looking letters. ?70 for parking at a supermarket. These saucy gits make enough money without ripping off people for using their carpark.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Another thread wrecked by one of the usual suspects who rather try to help answer a genuine question (not a pointless, look what i googled thread) decides to follow their own sad little agenda of trying to wind people up.

This message board use to be a nice place, where you could ask a question without the moral crusaders judging.

Archived