MS Drops Discontinued HD DVD Addon to $50

Dazo

Bloomberg is reporting that a Microsoft spokesman has told them that the price point of the external HD DVD player for the Xbox 360 will drop to $49.99.

The reports state that the price cut of the external HD DVD player for the Xbox 360 will go into effect as of tomorrow.

source: xbox-scene.com

So that should be ?25 here. Chances of that? Zilch I'm going to go for ?40

I think it will be ?50 thats the normal rip off tactic used, swap the $ for the ? and everybody is a winner. :rolleyes:

Either way i don't think it would be a worthwhile purchase.

No point buying it, you won't be able to buy dvd's for it soon.

Nothing gets past you does it Toggie boy:D

No point buying it, you won't be able to buy dvd's for it soon.

Dunno about that. Plenty HD-DVDs available at the moment, they'll all come down in price.

May as well take advantage of the crash.

Dunno about that. Plenty HD-DVDs available at the moment, they'll all come down in price.

May as well take advantage of the crash.

Precisely, HD quality on a large catalogue of HD DVD's, which will be worth about 2 quid on ebay soon, and then 100s of pounds in 20 years time! ;)

Tax is higher over here though. Around 8% say depending on where you buy in the States but we have 17.5% and possibly duty on top when imported in to the UK. Doesn't mean it should be doubled in price and we do get ripped, but the gov here takes a far greater chunk than in the States.

Wouldn't surprise me if VAT rises within the year to shore up the country's deficit either. Boo to Brown!!

North Berwick Jambo
Bloomberg is reporting that a Microsoft spokesman has told them that the price point of the external HD DVD player for the Xbox 360 will drop to $49.99.

The reports state that the price cut of the external HD DVD player for the Xbox 360 will go into effect as of tomorrow.

source: xbox-scene.com

No wonder when HD-DVD has just become the "Betamax" of the next gen disc wars, Blu-Ray has won the battle hands down.

Glad i bought the PS3 now! ;)

jack D and coke
No wonder when HD-DVD has just become the "Betamax" of the next gen disc wars, Blu-Ray has won the battle hands down.

Glad i bought the PS3 now! ;)

Why? So you could pay more for your games and your movies? And you've obviously not played the games that require 20-30 mins to install on the PS3 due to the slow read time from blu-ray.

You didn't have to buy the HD-DVD drive and it's a given MS will release a blu-ray drive add on. Most people didn't invest in the new technology bar PS3 owners and it's really difficult to spot the difference anyway unless your telly is f***** massive.

I'm glad i bought a 360 cos the game of the year or maybe even this generation GTA 4 has the big exclusive downloads on 360 only. Put that in yir pipe and smoke it bro;)

North Berwick Jambo
Why? So you could pay more for your games and your movies? And you've obviously not played the games that require 20-30 mins to install on the PS3 due to the slow read time from blu-ray.

You didn't have to buy the HD-DVD drive and it's a given MS will release a blu-ray drive add on. Most people didn't invest in the new technology bar PS3 owners and it's really difficult to spot the difference anyway unless your telly is f***** massive.

I'm glad i bought a 360 cos the game of the year or maybe even this generation GTA 4 has the big exclusive downloads on 360 only. Put that in yir pipe and smoke it bro;)

I guess we will just have to wait & see which console comes out on top in the end, at the moment it just comes down to personal choice (under 8's = Wii, Under 12's = 360, everyone else = PS3 lol), each to his own as they say. For me i have always had the Playstation (& everything ever invented before it right back to the ZX). Through experience i will never be able to trust anything that has Microsoft on it & i for one cant stand the daft XBOX controllers, they are that big its like playing with the bloody starship enterprise is yer hand! ;)

DigitalTwisted

5 words.

Gran Turismo..........Metal Gear Solid.

Its a never ending war, nobody wins but there are plenty of losers. :rolleyes:

Mostly the people who spend hundreds of pounds on the machines, onl for them to be out-of-date a year later.

(Much like computers, really)

5 words.

Both over hyped **** why not throw Final Fantasy 50 or whatever it is in aswell as that is even more overhyped ****.

Still glad i have a PS3 though as BluRay films are quality oh and Resistance 2 is going to be amazing even if it is another bloody FPS.

jack D and coke
5 words.

The GT series bores me to death and MGS will be 2 hours of gameplay amongst 20 hours of really cringey cut scenes as per. The first of both were seriously class(i played through MGS more times than any game i remember) but they're overhyped baws now.

There will be far better PS3 games than those two i'm sure.

Archived