XBOX 360 Warranty

stew mc

The kids XBOX 360 has the dreaded RED ring of death(as 1 of ma laddies describes it):mad:

it is only 14 month old, is it still under warranty???

as he seem's to think it is 24month:) and not the normal 12month:sad:

Anyone 1 know for definite???

Thanks

almost certain xbox's have 3 year warranty mate.

now here is what to do. get a replacement, put it on ebay then buy ur boy a PS3.

you know it makes sense ;)

Q: What are Microsoft rolling out that is new?

A: While Microsoft maintains its one-year console warranty (two years in some countries), Microsoft is enhancing the terms of its Xbox 360 warranty to three years for certain general hardware failures which are indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. This will apply to new and existing customers and Microsoft will retroactively refund the out-of-warranty repair costs paid by customers for console problems indicated by the three flashing red lights.

northfieldhearts

phone up microsoft and tell them you have the ring of red. they will arrange for your console to be picked up by courier and returned to you free of charge. i got mine back in 2 weeks.

you really dont look very hard do u :cool:

:dog:

Mate

If you dinnae want to help fine!

But do you really have to be a Bell end aswell?

lol soz mate, i thought i copied and pasted. my mistake.

here you go bud

The Microsoft UK phone number is : 0800 587 1102;)

You went 14 months and have only had it once? I've had mine for 18 months and am onto my 4th console!

I've just sent away for my 4th, 6 days and counting. I'd never consider buying a PS3 though...

I can't understand all the hassles people seem to be having with their 360's.

I've been lucky enough to have mine since more or less day one, & I've had no problems whatsoever. (famous last words!):P

my ps3 fecked up for some reason. Phoned sony on the tuesday and they came and replaced it by thursday. Whatever you want to say about sony, you cant knock that for customer service :P

Mon the blue ray:scared:

I can't understand all the hassles people seem to be having with their 360's.

I've been lucky enough to have mine since more or less day one, & I've had no problems whatsoever. (famous last words!):P

jinxed urself now mate. 3 red lights here they come :blah:

lol soz mate, i thought i copied and pasted. my mistake.

here you go bud

The Microsoft UK phone number is : 0800 587 1102;)

Thanks

I take it back yer no a Bell end:p

It better no be a 'CHAT up LINE'

North Berwick Jambo
I've just sent away for my 4th, 6 days and counting. I'd never consider buying a PS3 though...

You went 14 months and have only had it once? I've had mine for 18 months and am onto my 4th console!

So let me get this straight, between the two of you thats 8 dodgy consoles in less than 2 years, and you still think the ring of death one with Microsoft written on it is the superior one? :hae36::rofl:

So let me get this straight, between the two of you thats 8 dodgy consoles in less than 2 years, and you still think the ring of death one with Microsoft written on it is the superior one? :hae36::rofl:

Superior online gameplay and games at the moment.

North Berwick Jambo
Superior online gameplay and games at the moment.

Yeah for now (& your paying for it!), wonder how things will look in say another 6-8 months? "Home" will be launched by then attracting a whole new kind of customer for Sony, add to that a run of major titles in the summer & another price cut before autumn. In the meantime i will keep my fingers crossed for you that your microsoft box doesnt go above two red lights.

Oh i almost forgot to say, if you hurry up you might be able to get one of the superb half price HD-DVD add-ons for it, just a pity they are now officially extinct, im sure someone else with a 360 was getting aw excited about that offer in another thread somewhere! Anyway if you dont find one give me a shout & i will let you come & watch it on Blu-Ray at mine! ;)

Dean Winchester

PS3 has plenty of issues, not nearly the same amount of games and is no where near Xbox Live in terms of online play.

North Berwick Jambo
PS3 has plenty of issues, not nearly the same amount of games and is no where near Xbox Live in terms of online play.

What issues are they then? I havent had a single problem with my PS3 since i got it & the thing is usually on for well over 12 hours a day, my wife uses the web browser on it all bloody day for music & vids on Youtube, online TV, films etc instead of her shiney new PC because its on the much bigger screen in the lounge with surround sound, oh & i almost forgot her favorite hobby, hunting for those very well hidden magic furniture bargains that no other prat is dumb enough to want (usually flatpacked with chinese instructions), thats followed by my girls coming home to play that ear numbing ******* Singstar or watch blu-ray movies most nights after school, so its only late at night that i finally get some peace & quiet to stick a game in.

Its true that the 360 is superior online at the moment & it does have many more games out for it but the funny thing is mate you can only play one at a time. I finished Uncharted, Drakes Fortune last week & i was very impressed, i started Ghost Recon 2 yesterday & that looks & plays brilliantly, add to that a sneaky half price copy of Assassins Creed ordered online today & thats me sorted for the next few weeks. (without any worrying about wee red lights!)

Maybe one day you will see the error of your ways young one & come back over from the darkside! (i mean Microsoft)

PS... If i am coming across a wee bit too sarcastic for some its only a wee bit of console wars banter ;) and to prove im a nice guy really here is a link for the amazing Assassins Creed on the 360 at Amazon.Com for half price! (from ?49.99 down to just ?24.97 with free delivery) that i posted earlier in the "Members Only" section earlier, just incase anyone couldnt see it or missed it.

XBOX360 Assasins Creed Offer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Assassins-Creed-Xbox/dp/B000NG591G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1203967945&sr=8-1

;)

my ps3 fecked up for some reason. Phoned sony on the tuesday and they came and replaced it by thursday. Whatever you want to say about sony, you cant knock that for customer service :P

Mon the blue ray:scared:

There customer service is quality my PS3 was faulty when i first played it as it would not read Blu-Ray movies.Phoned Sony up and the women seemed quite embarrassed and told me she was sorry that she could not arrange for it to be picked up right away but how did the next morning sound.Sure enough brand new console arrived next morning and they took the other away.None of this waiting 15 to 20 working days to get your old 360 refurbished by Microsoft.

Still not here, hopeful it could be here tomorrow though. On the xbox website it says that there's no repair pending. I'm tracking it on UPS, says it's still with them.

Archived