"chippy"

AlexJambo88

what do you get from the chippy ? my preferred purchase is either a fish supper or jumbo sausage supper!!! always with extra brown sauce aswell!

Seeing as my local chippy is superb, everything is great. Smoked Sausage supper is nice.

They do fresh pizza and great kebabs too, so it's allways a tough call.

Its been a long time but always loved a good pie supper, or for a change a white pudding supper. Spent a lot of money on both in the chippy at Niddrie Mains Drive and Wauchope Avenue. north east corner, to sit in the old Police Box 30 at corner of Niddrie Mains Drive and Wauchope Avenue, south east corner and devour same. Then a quick trip up to the old County Cinema, and watch the movie in six parts over a week.:2thumbsup:

Steak pie or mince pie Bob?

The mince pie supper is much under rated. And if you get a scampi single as well it's like surf 'n' turf.

Steak pie or mince pie Bob?

The mince pie supper is much under rated. And if you get a scampi single as well it's like surf 'n' turf.

I don' think steak had been invented in those days, for sure not in Niddrie.:smiley2: Nothing like the grease from a good mince pie dripping down your fingers.

Special fish from the BBQ on Glasgow Road. Wee splash of salt, sauce, and vinegar. Amazing.

Many a day I would walk down to the BBQ for lunch at Craigmount. The sauce there is very good.

one from

special fish supper

white pudding super

half pizza supper (or whole if i'm being really fat)

hamburger supper

king rib supper

Sterling Archer

I made a decision not to buy chippys up here. Too expensive for small portions and you don't get sauce. Really what's the point!?!

Make sure to get one whenever I'm down the road though. Love a fish supper although I'm not fussy.

Sterling Archer
in aberdeen: king rib supper

in edinburgh: Steak pie supper

What chippy do you go to in Aberdeen as I'm yet to find a good one that's not ridiculously expensive?

The People's Chimp

Spicy Haggis.

IN aberdeen the one on urquhart road isn't too bad, can't remember the name though.

Miller Jambo 60
Spicy Haggis.

IN aberdeen the one on urquhart road isn't too bad, can't remember the name though.

Hungry now, right i fancy,

Chicken,fish,king rib,rumpsteak,hamburger TBH anything.

Doug. Plenty brown sauce.

Malcolm Tucker

King Rib ftw every time.

A fish supper in Helensburgh is absolutely top notch though. Just, magnificent.

Not had a chippy in Glasgow for about 10 years as they are absolutely terrible. Last chippy I had in Edinburgh was a hamburger supper and it was pretty damn fine.

Not had a chippy in Glasgow for about 10 years as they are absolutely terrible. Last chippy I had in Edinburgh was a hamburger supper and it was pretty damn fine.

i concur. most of them are utter gash. the only not bad one is the philadelphia on gt western rd. but if you want sauce its the sachets which are just pointless. they do cracking pizzas tho.

when i'm back in edinburgh its a large fish supper form the jubilee down at granton.

The People's Chimp
i concur. most of them are utter gash. the only not bad one is the philadelphia on gt western rd. but if you want sauce its the sachets which are just pointless. they do cracking pizzas tho.

when i'm back in edinburgh its a large fish supper form the jubilee down at granton.

Mr V's in battlefield is the only acceptable one.

CavySlaveJambo

If I am in Edinburgh it is a steak pie supper.

At home it is evolving as we go to a different chippy now than we did when I still lived there. But mostly Fish supper

What chippy do you go to in Aberdeen as I'm yet to find a good one that's not ridiculously expensive?

Go to the one in Culter. I can't remember the name but its on the main road on the left past the garage.

They don't do salt and sauce in Sheepland. Fecking heathen ****.

The mince pies in Salvatores in Marchmont are guff.

Mr V's in battlefield is the only acceptable one.

never venture that far sarf mate! still missing the istanbul takeaway at my bit. its never re-opened since its tiny little fire in june :(

chester copperpot

The chippy in Lennoxtown does chippy brown sauce, which is unusual for a Weegie chippy. Was in there after football training with my hearts top on, and he offered me broon sauce as he saw the hearts top on and put 2 and 2 together.

The chippy itself is utter garbage though, but thought I'd mention the sauce nonetheless.

The chippy in Lennoxtown does chippy brown sauce, which is unusual for a Weegie chippy. Was in there after football training with my hearts top on, and he offered me broon sauce as he saw the hearts top on and put 2 and 2 together.

The chippy itself is utter garbage though, but thought I'd mention the sauce nonetheless.

So there is civilisation in the land of weeg after all.

Up here in Sheepville they don't even know what Lorne sausage is. What a bunch of tinks.

ditto on the one at kinning park on paisley rd west. weegies idea of chippy sauce is so thick and gloopy. feck knows where they get it from.

ditto on the one at kinning park on paisley rd west. weegies idea of chippy sauce is so thick and gloopy. feck knows where they get it from.

If its on the Paisley Road they probably get it from the sewers. ****bags.

chester copperpot

DogPoop.jpg

Either a hamburger or mince pie supper for me on the rare occasion i have a chippy.This thread is making me really want a chippy as im starving and i have a baked tattie in the oven and it feels like its taking forever to cook.

InNothingWeTrust

Reading this thread made me go out for a chippy to cure my banging hangover. Walked round the corner to the Barbeque on Glasgow Road, only to find it closed at half 1(!), so decided to walk all the way across the road to McDonalds to have a large Big Tasty meal as I'd never had one before (I also got a free cheeseburger with my student card).

It was absolutely wrank. I was feeling a bit queezy beforehand, but I then proceeded to boak it all back up again when I found two hairs in it!

So thanks Kickback, you made me boak.

The People's Chimp
never venture that far sarf mate! still missing the istanbul takeaway at my bit. its never re-opened since its tiny little fire in june :(

What? Gutted!!! That was about the only time I'd ever eat a kebab - lamb shish from the istanbul was amazing...the homemade bread as well. Top class. Plus you had the amusement factor/fear factor of the jakies/junkies/bams in asking for some foil/a spoon/some chips while you waited for this cracking food. Kinda like running the gauntlet on some atavistic crystal maze type programme as fights spilled out of the boozer over the road and fat weejie wimmen in cowboy hats fought over each others men as they left the grand ole opry.

Good times.

chester copperpot
What? Gutted!!! That was about the only time I'd ever eat a kebab - lamb shish from the istanbul was amazing...the homemade bread as well. Top class. Plus you had the amusement factor/fear factor of the jakies/junkies/bams in asking for some foil/a spoon/some chips while you waited for this cracking food. Kinda like running the gauntlet on some atavistic crystal meth type programme as fights spilled out of the boozer over the road and fat weejie wimmen in cowboy hats fought over each others men as they left the grand ole opry.

Good times.

Fixed it for you. :smiley2:

Always have a sausage supper with extra sauce when I come home for Christmas. Love dining al fresco, the crisp crunch of the batter and the cold air accentuating the spiciness of the sauce. Definitely worth the inevitable indigestion.

What? Gutted!!! That was about the only time I'd ever eat a kebab - lamb shish from the istanbul was amazing...the homemade bread as well. Top class. Plus you had the amusement factor/fear factor of the jakies/junkies/bams in asking for some foil/a spoon/some chips while you waited for this cracking food. Kinda like running the gauntlet on some atavistic crystal maze type programme as fights spilled out of the boozer over the road and fat weejie wimmen in cowboy hats fought over each others men as they left the grand ole opry.

Good times.

hehe, its no that bad round here, well not that i've ever noticed. only when the gers are playing yo get a few nutters. the kebabs were totally amazin tho. i'd be over in a shot if it ever re-opens.

you do see some right fat munters smoking outside the grand ole opry tho.

The People's Chimp
hehe, its no that bad round here, well not that i've ever noticed. only when the gers are playing yo get a few nutters. the kebabs were totally amazin tho. i'd be over in a shot if it ever re-opens.

you do see some right fat munters smoking outside the grand ole opry tho.

Ach I'm only joking (to an extent) but I can honestly say that each of the aforementioned things has happened when I've been to the Istanbul, it's fine though, just glasgow eh.

I usually go for fish or spicy haggis. As an aside someone in front of me in the queue last week at the Chinese/chippy next the Bo'ness fitba park bought a deep fried pizza - had n't seen anyone buy one for around 20 years.

The chippy next to Murdo's pub is quite good and not too expensive.

Archived