UCI / ODEON Kinnaird park

Better call Saul

Better call Saul

Popped over to that side fo Edinburgh for a change yesterday and unknown to me that the UCI/ ODEON was all closed up (for a good while by the looks of it):sad:

I can recall the first time it opened and boy was it busy ! but i dare say with the wester hailes / fountainpark cinemas opeining may not have helped its cause seems a wee bit bad news for the eating outlets there as i bet their turnover has dipped since the place at night looks DEAD not like it used to be .:(

Popped over to that side fo Edinburgh for a change yesterday and unknown to me that the UCI/ ODEON was all closed up (for a good while by the looks of it):sad:

I can recall the first time it opened and boy was it busy ! but i dare say with the wester hailes / fountainpark cinemas opeining may not have helped its cause seems a wee bit bad news for the eating outlets there as i bet their turnover has dipped since the place at night looks DEAD not like it used to be .:(

They are building are brand new one to compete with the likes of Omni and Ocean Terminal(OT is by far the best cinema in Edinburgh)

Geordie Jambo

Yes, the ODEON at Kinnaird Park is now sadly closed for good. They are building new shops on the site. ODEON still have cinemas at Lothian Road and Wester Hailes thou.

Geordie Jambo
They are building are brand new one to compete with the likes of Omni and Ocean Terminal(OT is by far the best cinema in Edinburgh)

Is ODEON building a new cinema? Where?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Don't think it'll be at the Fort if they do, There will be virtually no 'leisure facilities' after the place has been refurbished, and will be mostly retail.

Darth Sidious

When it opened it was the best option, but is was freezing and you feared for you life after a late night film.

Ocean Terminal is best I have been to in Edinburgh. Odeon in Dunfermline is not too bad. The slanted seats was a great improvement.

I do miss screen 1 in the Odeon on Clerk Street though, I saw Star Wars and Ghostbusters there.

I normally go to Ocean Terminal as it is only 5 minutes drive from the house. However if I want a treat you can't beat the pullmans in the Dominion. Huge leather armchairs.

Better call Saul
When it opened it was the best option, but is was freezing and you feared for you life after a late night film.

Ocean Terminal is best I have been to in Edinburgh. Odeon in Dunfermline is not too bad. The slanted seats was a great improvement.

I do miss screen 1 in the Odeon on Clerk Street though, I saw Star Wars and Ghostbusters there.

That is so true :Funny-Post:

And the Odeon clerk street i remember it well watching the 4 rocky movies one after the other for a specail event for the release of the 4th Rocky .

I prefer the Vue at OT, but I usualy go to the one with the most suitable time.

Not been at the UCI for years, but thats where we always went when we were wee.

The Wicker Man

When I was wee it was the Saturday Matinee at 'The State' cinema :rolleyes:

Tried the Premier seats at the USG (?12 at the time) - but did get free nanchos.

Shame about the film though 'Sleepy Hollow' :o

Is ODEON building a new cinema? Where?

My mistake i thought they were knocking that one down and bigger a better one near that site but it appears not.

What's so good about Ocean Terminal? I've never been.

I normally go to Fountain Park or the Omni.

Comfort and space are in abundance compared to those two.

Also, its usually quieter.

What's so good about Ocean Terminal? I've never been.

I normally go to Fountain Park or the Omni.

The comfort and for me the fact that bar on a Tuesday(think it is then)it is never full.Hate going to the cinema when it is packed and get herded into your seat.Parking is also the best not that i care as it's the wife that drives.

Yeah the standard seats at OT are like the ones you pay extra for at OMNI

Unfortunately, the one at the Fort was by far the handiest for me and my family - anywhere else is a bit of a trek! :(

Me as well...

I went to see Number 23 there last summer in the afternoon i was the only one in it ....

Me as well...

I went to see Number 23 there last summer in the afternoon i was the only one in it ....

Very close for me too but much prefer OT. Saw Borat there in the middle of a weekday afternoon, and apart from Mr Barby, was the only one there. Didn't have to switch off my phone either ;)

Ah, if you're going back to Star Wars, it wasn't even Screen 1 - it was just one big cinema! (And cracking live music venue too, but that's another thread....)

Remember they put sheets with eye-holes over the statues down the side when screen Ghostbusters, to make them all look like ghosts?

Better call Saul
Ah, if you're going back to Star Wars, it wasn't even Screen 1 - it was just one big cinema! (And cracking live music venue too, but that's another thread....)

Remember they put sheets with eye-holes over the statues down the side when screen Ghostbusters, to make them all look like ghosts?

Is the "Filmhouse" still on lothian rd ?....never a great picture hoose like's always remember showing a lot of french stuff

Edinburgh Fort Kinnaird

We are sad to announce that ODEON Edinburgh Fort Kinnaird is now closed.

We would like to thank all our guests over the past years for your business and support. For enquiries about unused ODEON Vouchers please contact us here.

I remember going to see the first Toy Story film at Kinnaird park with the folks, then getting a McDonalds afterwards:). I think I might've seen Jurassic Park there too.

Ah memories...

I never knew the place closed. Too far out for me.

I also remember the last film I saw at the Odeon in Clerk Street... it was *ahem* Charlies Angels 2 *ahem* A date before you judge :P

I usually go to Fountain Park these days.

Fountainpark is the cheapest, nearest and biggest one for me. Plus it also sells Ben and Jerry's.

The last time I was there I am sure they sold H?agen-Dazs but not been in donkey's.

The last time I was there I think it was for one of the Star Wars and my mate started crying because he got cramp in his leg....I also went the wrong way on an escalator.

I heard that they are also shutting down the frankie and bennys, mexican restaurant (cant remember the name!) and the mega bowl and building some big superstore there!:scared:

anyone else hear this?

The first film I saw at the Odeon Clerk Street was Star Wars, it was the mid 90's and a one-off showing.

The last film was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Two greats, can't complain.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
I heard that they are also shutting down the frankie and bennys, mexican restaurant (cant remember the name!) and the mega bowl and building some big superstore there!:scared:

anyone else hear this?

Chiquito's... damn shame, they have a decent lunch menu!

DigitalTwisted

Quieter? Yes.

More comfort? Hell no.

I've been to OT twice and it just doesn't compare to FountainPark.

Quieter? Yes.

More comfort? Hell no.

I've been to OT twice and it just doesn't compare to FountainPark.

Really? I much prefer it. More room.

DigitalTwisted
Really? I much prefer it. More room.

Must depend on the cinema you are in.

I've been in 2 separate ones in OT and found them to have considerably less leg room.

UCI was the closest cinema to where I grew up, so was THE place to go as a kid

WHen reached late teens it was great as some mates worked there, so we got in for free. Also good as we could sneak beers in the back door ;)

AIn't been there for years though. Last film I watched there was about 7 years ago, and it was dead then too!

ocean Terminal is the best cinema, as it is big but quiet, although Fountain Bridge is closest to me (just as big, but always busy!)

Must depend on the cinema you are in.

I've been in 2 separate ones in OT and found them to have considerably less leg room.

I'm short though, so no probems with leg room anywhere.:P

We won tickets to go to the opening night of the UCI at teh Fort. We Saw Back to the Future 2 and it had the Flying Delorian and everything outside.

Was brilliant!

These days - I go to Fountainpark as my sister works there and lets me sneak in for free!

Result"!

OT is pretty decent but can get mega busy. I actually find the Wester Hailes one surprisingly pleasant. Never too busy. Decent food. No hassles.

Nucky Thompson

anyone else hear this?

Frankie and Bennys shuts this week:mad: me and the mrs go there most Monday lunch times. The manager says they are building new shops and restaurants in that bit where the bowling, cinema etc are just now, he reckons they have first choice to open up back there again, he also said that Frankie and Bennys are opening up at Fountain Park underneath Old Orleans where that other restaurant was.

yeah heard they are building a premart "think thats what it called" where the cinema used to be

woo hoo more cheap ****e clothes shops, altho i always go to Ocean Terminal as it was better and there was less neds there also

Archived