Viking Stavanger

DB-14

:confused: I am sceptical about Andrius Velicka moving here but anyway they aren't exactly a startling club to sign for and for a measily ?1 Million what happened to the ?3.75 Million we were holding out for in January. :sad:

Anyway this is about Viking Stavanger.

What exactly do they have that Hearts don't. Absolutely nothing. They are a fairly awful side from the dire Norwegian Tippeleagen.

Stadium: Viking Stadion (Capacity: 14,500)

They spent the first 3 months of last season glued to the bottom of the league and amazingly still finished 3rd it really shows how bad that league is.

The proposed move: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8670_3185358,00.html

:confused: I am sceptical about Andrius Velicka moving here but anyway they aren't exactly a startling club to sign for and for a measily ?1 Million what happened to the ?3.75 Million we were holding out for in January. :sad:

Anyway this is about Viking Stavanger.

What exactly do they have that Hearts don't. Absolutely nothing. They are a fairly awful side from the dire Norwegian Tippeleagen.

Stadium: Viking Stadion (Capacity: 14,500)

They spent the first 3 months of last season glued to the bottom of the league and amazingly still finished 3rd it really shows how bad that league is.

The proposed move: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8670_3185358,00.html

You're talking about just about every team in the SPL bar the Hun and the Declans... The 'old firm' aside, Norwegian football is technically streets ahead of the SPL and is also a great deal more competitive. And half the price you would pay to watch Killie v Gretna et al.

You're talking about just about every team in the SPL bar the Hun and the Declans... The 'old firm' aside, Norwegian football is technically streets ahead of the SPL and is also a great deal more competitive. And half the price you would pay to watch Killie v Gretna et al.

I dunno, Robbie Winters and Charlie Miller have recently been there and both were successful with Winters playing Everton as Champions with Brann the other night and being thoroughly whupped...

I dunno, Robbie Winters and Charlie Miller have recently been there and both were successful with Winters playing Everton as Champions with Brann the other night and being thoroughly whupped...

Exactly, Norwegian football is poor to say the least.

The only reason Velicka would even be considering going to such a club as Viking is money. It's unlikely that he's always wanted to play in Norway and sees it as a football challenge.

I still don't think he'll sign for such a small club, he could surely get much better money and increased prospects in the championship.

tommythejambo

Let's be honest though. It would be hard to reject a move to Norway, when your current club is so ****ed.

Velicka is looking to cash in on his recent form before it's too late to do so. That's why he's willing to move to a smaller club, he needs a retirement fund.

Fair play to him. He's on peanuts here and will never get another chance to make a big wage move.

We should be looking closer to home more than the issues with Viking IMO.

Why would Velicka consider a move there if he was A) happy here B) being rewarded for his form with a better wage and C) If our coaching and training had not been so basic.

By all accounts, C seems to either be fixed or at least be better, I suspect that a good wage offer and he would not consider a move. Also, I find it hard to believe that all Lithuanian players are totally happy with VR's interference, just because some of his countrymen get preferential treatment doesn't mean that the likes of Andrius Velicka thinks it is correct.

Velicka is looking to cash in on his recent form before it's too late to do so. That's why he's willing to move to a smaller club, he needs a retirement fund.

Fair play to him. He's on peanuts here and will never get another chance to make a big wage move.

This is the likely scenario.

Here's AV at Viking's stadium...

velicka_65237d.jpg

I agree. It would be a good move for him.

This is the likely scenario.

Here's AV at Viking's stadium...

velicka_65237d.jpg

How come players always immediately look leaner and meaner when they don't play for us any more?

How come players always immediately look leaner and meaner when they don't play for us any more?

He deserves credit for his work in getting fitter since he came to Hearts.

He deserves credit for his work in getting fitter since he came to Hearts.

Careful Coco. You appear to be getting a little sentimental here.

Velicka is the reason we're bottom six don't forget! :P

Yeah or we would be bottom 2

One of the reasons! :P

Our hold up play was way better on Saturday. Both Elliot and Nade were able to take the ball in to feet and hold it. Elliot passed it and Nade tried to beat every Motherwell player. Was better to watch than the ball bouncing off Velicka!

One of the reasons! :P

Our hold up play was way better on Saturday. Both Elliot and Nade were able to take the ball in to feet and hold it. Elliot passed it and Nade tried to beat every Motherwell player. Was better to watch than the ball bouncing off Velicka!

We didn't always play to his strengths, that's for sure.

The lad's a goalscorer though. I'm afraid we can't say the same for Elliot and Nade...yet.

We didn't always play to his strengths, that's for sure.

The lad's a goalscorer though. I'm afraid we can't say the same for Elliot and Nade...yet.

I enjoyed watching Bednar and Jankauskas play up front for us. Their work on and off the ball was a big reason behind the Hartley/Skacel goals.

It is the same argument that Rangers fans have about Kris Boyd.

I enjoyed watching Bednar and Jankauskas play up front for us. Their work on and off the ball was a big reason behind the Hartley/Skacel goals.

I agree entirely. GB sent out Bednar and Jankauskas (and Elliot as well, to be fair) to beat up defenders; Hartley and Skacel gobbled up the scraps. But who from our current midfield will feed on the scraps? Driver? Maybe.

I don't think Velicka is left-footed. If he is, why does he hit penalties with his right?

I don't think Velicka is left-footed. If he is, why does he hit penalties with his right?

Without watching all his goals again, I'm pretty sure the majority have been from his left foot.

Although he could be ampidextrous.

2 things

1. I posted a couple of weeks back that if you asked every Hearts player individually and privately whether they would leave Hearts if they could I reckon at least 95% would say yes. I stand by that

2. Velicka will do what Vlad tells him to. Any sale of him that goes through shows either that Vlad is under extreme financial pressure, or simply that he will cash in when he can no matter the situation at our club

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Does anyone else notice the OP's username here?

Considering Velicka is left footed.

......................but uses his right foot more often.

Strange

:blah:

Four reasons to sign for Viking:

a) more money

B) chance of european football

c) the clubs probably not an utter shambles

d) i'm presuming they have a manager

Without watching all his goals again, I'm pretty sure the majority have been from his left foot.

Although he could be ampidextrous.

Definately right footed.

a) more money

a) yes

B) just qualified for UEFA cup

c)no

d) Uwe Rosler

portobellojambo1

a) more money

There management team is Uwe Rosler (Head Coach), Egil Ostenstad, Gunnar Halle and Roger Nilsen

Ma homies in Norway won't let dem play dat ****, yo. Dey be poppin' a cap in Uwe Rosler ass! Respec' 4 da underground, homiez 4 lyfe.

Archived