Spurs fans chanting...

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

its done my head in for years, does anyone know what the the spurs fans say/sing after they do a clapping sort of chant thingy???? They done it about 2 mins ago ??

cashgenerator
its done my head in for years, does anyone know what the the spurs fans say/sing after they do a clapping sort of chant thingy???? They done it about 2 mins ago ??

It's "Yids".

scott herbertson

Yep, it's Yids - short for 'of the yiddish religion'

It's done as a kind of self mockery at the Arsenal fans who were prone to stereotype the Spurs fanbase as Jewish.

I go to White Hart Lane a few times a year as one of my mates sometimes has a spare season ticket. First time I heard it I was a bit taken aback but it is treated as a bit of fun.

Off topic but I'm watching the game can anyone explain how 45 mins normaly generate 2-3 mins injury time, but in the 1st half of ET the ref adds 2 mins(lets it run for 2 1/2 mins )

I love the "When the Spurs go marching in" chant when they sing it really slowly. Different class.

I noticed that, first time Ive ever heard it like that. Thought it was really impressive.

I noticed that, first time Ive ever heard it like that. Thought it was really impressive.

they sung that in the game that got them to the final.it was well class only trouble for tv fans was they scored a goal to go 2 nil up half way through the song. spurs are going to be the best l0ondon team soon

tommythejambo

Despite the fact I'm an Arsenal man, it was good to see the second best footballing team in England win something.

Plus, it's always god to see Chelsea get shagged.

Despite the fact I'm an Arsenal man, it was good to see the second best footballing team in England win something.

So how come the 'best' football team in England has gone three years without a trophy ?

Hagar the Horrible

I liked the one "your support is ****ing 5*it!

Spurs fans do play on the whole jewish thing and are quite funny with it?

I remember when Steve Archibald played with them away supporters used to sing to the tune of "well win the league again...fly the flag" the BA advert at the time? the chant went "Your just a Scottish Jew...Archibald, archibald!" even archibald thought it was funny the first time he heard it?

So how come the 'best' football team in England has gone three years without a trophy ?

i believe man utd won the premiership last year :P

they sung that in the game that got them to the final.it was well class only trouble for tv fans was they scored a goal to go 2 nil up half way through the song. spurs are going to be the best l0ondon team soon

To some they always were ;)

Archived