JKB Springwatch

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

Today I saw a Bumble Bee at the Union Canal, a Daffodil in full flower at Slateford and a tiny wee rabbit in Colinton Dell.

It's February, whatever happened to the 4 seasons?

Any other spring like sightings?

We had a spider in our living room last week. Dunno what that means but it certainly wasn't normal.

For the record, I would like to state that I ****ing hate bees and wasps and I hope they all die a slow, painful death. Scary, evil, buzzing *****.

Today I saw a Bumble Bee at the Union Canal, a Daffodil in full flower at Slateford and a tiny wee rabbit in Colinton Dell.

It's February, whatever happened to the 4 seasons?

Any other spring like sightings?

Daffs along the verges of the motorway near my house. The usually don't appear until the first week of March, but they've been flowering for more than a week already.

Cherry blossom flowering in two gardens on my street. Now that's WAY too early.

I saw a bee about two hours ago at Gogarburn.

I'm terrified of bees and wasps though remain undefeated in the 'stung' department.

Buffalo Bill

We had a spider in our living room last week. Dunno what that means but it certainly wasn't normal.

For the record, I would like to state that I ****ing hate bees and wasps and I hope they all die a slow, painful death. Scary, evil, buzzing *****.

You might get your wish. Beehives are currently facing a fair kicking from Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) where from reasons unknown whole hives are dying and the honey industry is facing troubling times.

Mainly in the Americas but could move here and if it spreads worldwide could affect the food chain as bees pollenate many crops and other foodstuffs so if they kick it there will be massive shortages in what we need to survive. Already the planet use more cereal crops than produced mainly due to changing climate conditions and drought in many parts of the world (USA areas that produce crops currently experiencing very dry if not drought conditions) so if the bees snuffed it and crops etc could not be pollenated we'd be rather fecked.

I don't mind bees, but wasps are pure evil.

You might get your wish. Beehives are currently facing a fair kicking from Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) where from reasons unknown whole hives are dying and the honey industry is facing troubling times.

Mainly in the Americas but could move here and if it spreads worldwide could affect the food chain as bees pollenate many crops and other foodstuffs so if they kick it there will be massive shortages in what we need to survive. Already the planet use more cereal crops than produced mainly due to changing climate conditions and drought in many parts of the world (USA areas that produce crops currently experiencing very dry if not drought conditions) so if the bees snuffed it and crops etc could not be pollenated we'd be rather fecked.

I don't mind bees, but wasps are pure evil.

Wasps are carnivores and keep the population of other insects, that cause problems for us, down. I'm afraid when it comes to keeping the ecosystem in balance you don't really get to just choose the creatures you like. :cool_shades:

Toxteth O'Grady
Wasps are carnivores and keep the population of other insects, that cause problems for us, down. I'm afraid when it comes to the keeping the ecosystem in balance you don't really get to just choose the creatures you like. :cool_shades:

Pity, I'd vote for the abolition of midges.

Daffs along the verges of the motorway near my house. The usually don't appear until the first week of March, but they've been flowering for more than a week already.

Cherry blossom flowering in two gardens on my street. Now that's WAY too early.

The daffs are probably out here too, but I can't see them for the foot of snow on the ground.

Wasps are carnivores and keep the population of other insects, that cause problems for us, down. I'm afraid when it comes to keeping the ecosystem in balance you don't really get to just choose the creatures you like. :cool_shades:

Then that's the problem then. If I did get to choose wasps would still exist but have friendlier personalities and produce beer from their stingers.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

God. Fecking bees and wasps are back. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I could cry at how much I hate they barstards, they are the scariest little buggers on the planet.

What is the point in a wasp anyway? Just to inflict pain and suffering on good people?

I bet even David Attenborough is scared of them.

Archived