Price for A Dozen Rolls?

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

Son popped along to our local S P A R this morning and was charged ?2.52 for a dozen rolls.

I went along and I asked the guy behind the counter if he had made a mistake. ?2.52 for a dozen roll that can't be right.

He said it is 21p a roll. :eek:

The shop was pretty busy and when I said "21p for 1 roll your having a laugh" most people agreed and put their rolls back.

21p for a roll.........I still can't believe thats what they were charging.

Robbing barstewards.

Better call Saul
16p at my old work.

Seems a bit steep !

Which area would this be in ?

The reason I ask this that alike most food retailers they inflate the price depending on competion within the area OR the area has a high % people with a good standard of living (i.e barnton) , OR THEY MIGHT JUST BE MONEY GRABBING BUGGERS.:mad:

The shop was pretty busy and when I said "21p for 1 roll your having a laugh" most people agreed and put their rolls back.

I hope their hands were clean.

I P Knightley
What an ironic name for that shop.

The idea is, of course, that if you shop there you have to cut your costs elsewhere.

QED

Crumbs, lay of the boy behind the counter, hes just trying to earn a crust.

Its the owner thats taking the rise, and unlikely he kneads the dough.

No need to go to war (burtons) but i think you deserve an apology at yeast.

25p per roll at our local costcutter :sad:

Actually that was a lie

Was in today and they are 29p for A white roll or 34p for A brown/granary roll.

Just dont start me on the fuel prices here :mad:

The rolls in the spar at Roseburn are amazing...I'd pay anything to not have to eat supermarket rolls.

However, I bought 8 rashers of bacon from the butchers along the road for ?3.50. Bit steep likes.

Actually that was a lie

Was in today and they are 29p for A white roll or 34p for A brown/granary roll.

Just dont start me on the fuel prices here :mad:

Why? Do you have a ROLLS Royce?

MackaysCentreSpot
The rolls in the spar at Roseburn are amazing...I'd pay anything to not have to eat supermarket rolls.

However, I bought 8 rashers of bacon from the butchers along the road for ?3.50. Bit steep likes.

Thats the SPAR I am talking about Gershwin.

I would say they were nice but at 21p a roll I would want them to be amazing and already be buttered.

Son popped along to our local S P A R this morning and was charged ?2.52 for a dozen rolls.

I went along and I asked the guy behind the counter if he had made a mistake. ?2.52 for a dozen roll that can't be right.

He said it is 21p a roll. :eek:

21p for a roll.........I still can't believe thats what they were charging.

Robbing barstewards.

He has been well robbed ?1.05 for 6 rolls out of my local corner shop.

Wheat price is up 110% in the last year.

Ha, that's kinda the point my (now deleted) post was making... though given the variance in roll prices just on this thread, I don't think record wheat prices can entirely explain Costcutter and the like being scamming gits.

Ha, that's kinda the point my (now deleted) post was making... though given the variance in roll prices just on this thread, I don't think record wheat prices can entirely explain Costcutter and the like being scamming gits.

Your deleted post was spot on!

It may be that some shops are trying to use rolls as a loss leader ... buy your cheap rolls and the sausage, bacon, irn bru will follow!

the price of dough based products just now is shocking, i couldnt get a loaf of bread for under ?1.20 yesterday out of the co-op, I'm sure they charge between 15p and 20p for there rolls also

Archived