toilet humour or problem

davemclaren

Ok, keep this clean. ;)

I've got an ideal standard bog where the cistern has a push button to flush it in the middle of the cistern lid. It's taking ages to fill up these days and I need to play about with the ballcock, or something. However, I can't get the bloomin lid off to get inside as the push button do-ings is holding it on - any clues?

If I don't get this fixed soon I'll have to call an expensive plumber or get a divorce. :sad:

Ok, keep this clean. ;)

I've got an ideal standard bog where the cistern has a push button to flush it in the middle of the cistern lid. It's taking ages to fill up these days and I need to play about with the ballcock, or something. However, I can't get the bloomin lid off to get inside as the push button do-ings is holding it on - any clues?

If I don't get this fixed soon I'll have to call an expensive plumber or get a divorce. :sad:

Or put it another way. I'm not flush enough to get a plumber and I don't want to see my marriage go down the pan.

I'll get my coat....

maltese jambo

my dad had the same problem, we brought a plummer (not that expensive) but i forgot to watch him do it as i was feeling crap that day

I've got a similar cystern and mine you have to unscrew the whole button part to remove the cystern lid, hope that helps...

Tried that but it doesn't seem to unscrew in any way. :eek:

I only really know how to unblock a toilet but try twatting it with a mop.

The toilet isn't blocked, yet, it's just the cistern isn't filling up properly and I can't get into it without fear of breaking it. :)

If you can afford a posh toilet you can afford a plumber.

The poor sods have to get by on a pittance and most of them are on the poverty line.

For the hard of thinking this post is sarcastic.

If you are thinking from a purely economical stance, the divorce is probably going to be cheaper then the plumber. :P

You've never met my missus, have you? :whistling:

Guest S.U.S.S.
You've never met my missus, have you? :whistling:

Not a good question for KB!;)

And please for the love of God, dont have a curry till you get the toilet fixed.

Is the button not just held in by clips? Try slipping a knife behind it and see if you can lever it off.

Tried that but no feeling of any clips or anything. This has to be simple but I can't see it!!! :mad:

portobellojambo1
Not sure what to ask......... :confused:

Type the make and model of your cistern into google, and see if it pulls up a link that might have a Q & A page on it.

(Really people from Bonnyrigg, sometimes I wonder. Only about 6 miles up the road from Portobello, but any visitors to this country would assume they had all got there following a relocation involving Stargate Atlantis).

This information incurs no hidden fees.

Here you go Dave.

cistern removal

How the hell did you find that? And mine is indeed a dual flush, wee flush for wees and big flush for, eh, biggies. :)

I'll give it a go and get back to you but I may owe you a beer. :cool:

Type the make and model of your cistern into google, and see if it pulls up a link that might have a Q & A page on it.

(Really people from Bonnyrigg, sometimes I wonder. Only about 6 miles up the road from Portobello, but any visitors to this country would assume they had all got there following a relocation involving Stargate Atlantis).

This response involves no hidden fees.

Lucky I've worked in IT for over 20 years.... :cool_shades:

I found a thing on my computer called Google:confused:

Anyway, I am now in the cistern but it's a lot more complicated these days than I remember them being... :confused:

The supply water pipe to the cistern usually has a valve that you can adjust with a screwdriver... simply adjust it while the cistern fills up to find the best position.

Ok, keep this clean. ;)

Have you considered phoning a plumber and asking him? The worst that can happen is that he'll fall over laughing.

Have you considered phoning a plumber and asking him? The worst that can happen is that he'll fall over laughing.

I can't see what's funny. Especially as it looks like I will have to phone a plumber as I can't fix it. :glare:

Either someone has played about with the valve on the icoming pipe or it could be slightly choked. I dished a small frog out of a ballcock not long ago. Was a private water supply. :confused:

Archived