Lidl's ?21 Kilts

Fenerjambo

Anybody going to take this offer up?? I was thinking about it until I seen the tartans.Green and black looking things just like a Hobo tartan (that's maybe how they are only ?21?!) Now I nip into Lidl's for one or two things but where would you try the kilt on?? I don't think they'd last long either.Maybe get one or two Euro trips out of them if you are lucky.

Not for me but I'm wondering who is going to take the gamble??:rolleyes:

I'd really like to get one of the "Hearts tartan" kilts but you're talking nearly a grand for a full rigout!!:(

gold brothers ?19.99

You'd need to wear a pair of skants with these.Seemingly the material is very uncomfy around the delicate parts after a while?!:wacko:

Asda will be doing tartan skirts for a tenner soon, you watch.

...and machine washable too.

Buffalo Bill

I wouldnae wear one myself, a real scot should wear a real kilt.

My Dad and both Grandads were in the forces - as a wee boy I was told that only those that had defended their country earned the right to wear the kilt, that's why I have never worn one - now, as an old goat, I'm thinking is that right? Which country, exactly? Surely that came about back in the day when tartan was banned, and sheep were scared.

I'm all for we Scot's wearing the kilt at every opportunity - we're known round the world for it - personally, I could never do it due to my ancestors indoctrination, but I kinda think that rightly or wrongly, I embrace that noble sentiment.

My Dad and both Grandads were in the forces - as a wee boy I was told that only those that had defended their country earned the right to wear the kilt, that's why I have never worn one - now, as an old goat, I'm thinking is that right? Which country, exactly? Surely that came about back in the day when tartan was banned, and sheep were scared.

I'm all for we Scot's wearing the kilt at every opportunity - we're known round the world for it - personally, I could never do it due to my ancestors indoctrination, but I kinda think that rightly or wrongly, I embrace that noble sentiment.

As long as Timberland's and Football/Rubgy tops aren't worn as well!

Archived